GC graphics will NEVER be better than Wii's, it is not possible

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
If you guys have forgotten, the Wii is backwards compatible with EVERY SINGLE GameCube game, so you cant make threads saying that GC has better graphics
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
the GC has better graphics
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hockeyruler12
the GC has better graphicspoopinloop32

flamebait...
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
If you guys have forgotten, the Wii is backwards compatible with EVERY SINGLE GameCube game, so you cant make threads saying that GC has better graphics
hockeyruler12
You actually have a great point that no one has ever brought up before. :D good post. ATM though GC has better graphics than Wii, but Wii has better graphical capabilities than GC.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
    Anyone who said the Wiis graphics were worse than the GC is either a fanboy, or very poorly informed anyway. The Wii is basically a modified GC with slighly more power, so its more powerful, but not hugely so.
    That said, the Wii is amazing.
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hockeyruler12
[QUOTE="hockeyruler12"]If you guys have forgotten, the Wii is backwards compatible with EVERY SINGLE GameCube game, so you cant make threads saying that GC has better graphics
Viviath
You actually have a great point that no one has ever brought up before. :D good post. ATM though GC has better graphics than Wii, but Wii has better graphical capabilities than GC.

exactly
ThreEve69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 ThreEve69
Member since 2005 • 223 Posts
has nintendo ever shown the specs of both systems?
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hockeyruler12
has nintendo ever shown the specs of both systems?ThreEve69

nope, not for the Wii anyways
iceberg_shorty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 iceberg_shorty
Member since 2006 • 1843 Posts
It doesn't matter the fact that wii the GC's predecessor, doesn't have one game that proves it's graphics are more superior at this point is pathetic.  5 years in development and the damn thing has yet to surpass Star Wars: RS2 graphics, which was a GC launch title in 2001.  No excuse!!!
t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
has nintendo ever shown the specs of both systems?ThreEve69
The GC yes. They haven't offically (unless I missed the memo) released the Wiis specs yet. All we got to go by are from...you know I never did figure out where those other specs came from. Might someone know?
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hockeyruler12
It doesn't matter the fact that wii the GC's predecessor, doesn't have one game that proves it's graphics are more superior at this point is pathetic. 5 years in development and the damn thing has yet to surpass Star Wars: RS2 graphics, which was a GC launch title in 2001. No excuse!!! iceberg_shorty

well the launch Wii games were running on modified GC devkits, so they look similar to GC graphics

Sonic was the first true Wii game

bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts
While the "GC has better graphics" statement is obvious fanboyism, the Wii still has a lot to prove if people are making claims that it's more powerful than the original Xbox. If I saw something akin to the quality of SC: Chaos Theory or Chronicles of Riddick on the Wii, I'd be a believer, but so far I'm quite underwhelmed.
-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts
[QUOTE="ThreEve69"]has nintendo ever shown the specs of both systems?hockeyruler12

nope, not for the Wii anyways

I bet the wii i just an updated cube with a motion sensing in it. It would explain why they havent showed the specs and why the games looks 100% identical to cube games or worse.
Nintendo has become greedy with the ds and just wants to make as much $$$$ as they can without cost and its bad for gaming.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
While the "GC has better graphics" statement is obvious fanboyism, the Wii still has a lot to prove if people are making claims that it's more powerful than the original Xbox. If I saw something akin to the quality of SC: Chaos Theory or Chronicles of Riddick on the Wii, I'd be a believer, but so far I'm quite underwhelmed.bman784
for those type of games we're going to have to rely on 3rd party. (like RE4) because while nintendo can do wonderful graphics on their system they don't do realistic looking graphics so it's really hard to compare.
t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
[QUOTE="t2wave"][QUOTE="ThreEve69"]has nintendo ever shown the specs of both systems?Jandurin
The GC yes. They haven't offically (unless I missed the memo) released the Wiis specs yet. All we got to go by are from...you know I never did figure out where those other specs came from. Might someone know?

IGN, I think...

Oh, wonder where they got them. :P
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hockeyruler12
[QUOTE="bman784"]While the "GC has better graphics" statement is obvious fanboyism, the Wii still has a lot to prove if people are making claims that it's more powerful than the original Xbox. If I saw something akin to the quality of SC: Chaos Theory or Chronicles of Riddick on the Wii, I'd be a believer, but so far I'm quite underwhelmed.Ontain
for those type of games we're going to have to rely on 3rd party. (like RE4) because while nintendo can do wonderful graphics on their system they don't do realistic looking graphics so it's really hard to compare.

good points
HappySunnGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HappySunnGuy
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts
well, it doesnt really matter. the fact is, that 3 wii games are coming out this year that the xbox would explode trying to run: SMG, MP3, and SSBB. (those are the only 3 i can think of ATM... feel free to expand my list)
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SpruceCaboose
Wii Specs
    People do take the systems apart to see what makes them tick, just because Nintendo does not say does not mean they aren't known.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SpruceCaboose
For ease of use...
Comparison:

CPU
Gamecube: 485MHz custom CPU
Xbox: 733 MHz chip crafted by Intel
Wii: IBM Broadway 729MHz

GPU
Gamecube: 162MHz custom graphics processor
Xbox: 233 - 250 MHz custom chip developed by Microsoft and nVIDIA (Sources vary)
Wii: ATI Hollywood 243MHz

System Memory (RAM)
Gamecube: 40MB
Xbox: 64 MB
Wii: 88MB

Maximum Resolution
Gamecube: 480i
Xbox: 1080i
Wii: 480p
JustAGamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 JustAGamer01
Member since 2004 • 568 Posts

Anyone who said the Wiis graphics were worse than the GC is either a fanboy, or very poorly informed anyway. The Wii is basically a modified GC with slighly more power, so its more powerful, but not hugely so.
SpruceCaboose

You should do more research before stating that the wii is a "slightly" more powerful cube.. when its know that the wii's graphics card is 3x bigger so it aint over clocked, and the wii is WAY more powerful then u or the haters think its not..

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] Anyone who said the Wiis graphics were worse than the GC is either a fanboy, or very poorly informed anyway. The Wii is basically a modified GC with slighly more power, so its more powerful, but not hugely so.
JustAGamer01

You should do more research before stating that the wii is a "slightly" more powerful cube.. when its know that the wii's graphics card is 3x bigger so it aint over clocked, and the wii is WAY more powerful then u or the haters think its not..

First, a 243 MHz GPU (Graphics Card as you put it) is no where near three times as powerful or fast as a 162 MHz GPU, and both systems have 3 Mbs of memory devoted to texture/shader buffers.
    I never said it was an overclocked GameCube. It would be roughly on par with the original Xbox. You need to do some research before you claim how its "way more powerful" than I think. I know exactly how powerful it is.
    There is a reason Nintendo never released specs. Its not a powerhouse. It was never meant to be. Its about accessability, not graphical power.
    And what part of me saying the Wii is amazing sounded like I was "hating" on the Wii anyway?