Gaming on PS4 or PC: if you had to choose one throughout this gen

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Mystery_Writer (8277 posts) 4 years, 5 months ago

Poll: Gaming on PS4 or PC: if you had to choose one throughout this gen (102 votes)

PC 65%
PS4 33%

You could still have a PC if you choose to game on PS4, but you won't be able to play any PC game until the end of this gen.

And you could still have a PS4, but only for video playback / streaming / chat / etc... (i.e. no games), if you choose to game on PC.

What would you pick?

#1 Edited by Telekill (7673 posts) -

PS4 for me. Easily

#2 Posted by gameofthering (11140 posts) -

PC - It does everything.

#3 Posted by Zen_Light (2143 posts) -

@Telekill said:

PS4 for me. Easily

This. I enjoy PC gaming, but only for older titles. No PC exclusives interest me like Sony first party.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
#4 Posted by deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd (12449 posts) -

The genres on PC just have more depth, better community and mod support... everything you do is bang for your buck. a big bang.

I like Sony's first party and no doubt consoles will have... 2 ... maybe 3 games worth owning that you cannot get on PC... after like 4 years.

no MMOs or MOBAs is a big no no, the two most popular, depthful genres on the planet.

all hail lord gaben. saviour of gaming.

#5 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Haha, PC. It's not even close

#6 Edited by IgGy621985 (5457 posts) -

PC. It's just way more flexible at everything.

#7 Edited by lundy86_4 (49070 posts) -

PS4. I use my PC mostly as a HTPC. The odd game, as well.

#8 Posted by clr84651 (5634 posts) -

PS4

#9 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

I hate to say this, but I'd choose PS4 (only because of MGS5).

#10 Edited by millerlight89 (18658 posts) -

PS4 easily. It will jsut have those great exclusives.

#11 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

PC of course. All those multiplats and all those PC exclusives. I would only miss out on a few exclusives.

#12 Edited by GhoX (6267 posts) -

PC for sure. I'll play PS4 when PS5 is out. The number of good exclusives available on consoles nowadays are simply too disappointing. There has been more interesting exclusives on PC in a year than there has been on my PS3 for its entire generation. Those same PS3 exclusives last too briefly too. This gen I at least bought a PS3 and finished the rented exclusives in two weeks. For PS4 I may just rent a PS4 and finish the exclusives at the gen's end.

Still, $200 is not a bad deal for two weeks of enjoyment with rented titles, so I'm not complaining about my purchase. The only non-PC platform that has vastly exceeded my expectation and my initially perceived value is probably 3DS. I never imagined that I'd have to create a backlog for something other than Steam.

#13 Edited by TheFadeForever (2655 posts) -

@GhoX:

I rented all the uncharted games and GoW3 because there wasn't really much that made me replay them again which I'm glad I did

#14 Posted by blamix99 (2685 posts) -

PC is great. but there's more great games on the PS4 that is not on the PC

#15 Posted by DonnaTroy (245 posts) -

Ps4 of course. PC just doesn't have that many interesting titles...and indies aren't going to be pc's saving grace anymore, when ps has a thriving Indy community also.

#16 Posted by GhoX (6267 posts) -

One thing consolites have to realise is that the price of a console is pretty insignificant to PC gamers with decent rigs. If there is a few titles we are interested in, then we'll just get the platform. Generally the only reason we don't get a particular platform is because there is nothing on the platform that interests us, which is often due to minimal content (8-10 hrs per exclusive), control scheme (controller for FPS) or unappealing subject matter (i.e. many exclusives on Wii/Wii U appear too casual).

I got a PS3 for Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles and Persona 4 Arena. I have played all the other top exclusives, but as I expected I enjoyed those three the most.

#17 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

PS4 for me quite easily. I like PC gaming but Sony's 1st party studios are just godlike.

#18 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

I don't even think I'd be gaming if it weren't for the PC. It has everything.

PS4 is going to have a handful of good exclusives by the end of the gen. Hardly worth the $400 it costs to get one.

#19 Posted by whiskeystrike (12172 posts) -

PS4 for moi. Can't say no to MGSV, FFXV and Kingdom Hearts 3, plus I can just play FFXIV on the PS4.

Saying no to LoL/DotA 2 would be a bitter pill to swallow but I'd get over it.

#20 Posted by FIipMode (10850 posts) -

I would choose the console even if it wasn't the PS4, cheaper, and better support from the big guys, I couldn't handle missing out on games like GTA5 and RDR and delays for PC versions.

#21 Posted by kipsta77 (1119 posts) -

PC

#22 Posted by RVCA823 (2839 posts) -

Ps4. It plays the games I want, more affordable, aesthetically pleasing/more compact when compared to a PC. Besides, I find most PC cases to be abominations. I also despise PC gaming culture. Just not for me.

#23 Posted by Liquid_ (3823 posts) -

PC by miles.

PS4 will only be used for casual gaming with my imaginary friends

#24 Posted by PannicAtack (21040 posts) -

Well, given the PC actually has games on it...

#26 Posted by Jankarcop (11056 posts) -

PC by 1 million MILES

#27 Edited by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

Anyone who doesn't say PC is pretty much a huge casual bro gamer

#28 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

Nice generalization. It can't possibly be because of the games that appeal to the person.

#29 Edited by zassimick (10420 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@Rage010101 said:

Nice generalization. It can't possibly be because of the games that appeal to the person.

It's not a generalization at all. I am the casualest, most broniest of gamers (can't forget that I'm so freaking huge that my pants don't fit.)

I'm choosing PS4. Haven't gamed on PC any gens yet and don't exactly plan to start; my interests are just on consoles.

#30 Edited by millerlight89 (18658 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

Anyone who says PC is pretty much saying, " I hate great exclusives."

I knew you would finally see the light. Congrats buddy, you want some ice cream?

#31 Posted by MrYaotubo (2880 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

@Rage010101 said:

I knew you would finally see the light. Congrats buddy, you want some ice cream?

Dude,you´ve been trying so hard lately it comes of really sad.

#32 Posted by foxhound_fox (97096 posts) -

This is a joke, right?

There is no "choice" here, you go with PC and you laugh at those who have a PS4.

#33 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

@Rage010101 said:

You've activated my Trap Card. Butthurt Console Kid, has taken 8,000 damage. Your HP has fallen to 0, GAME OVER.

#34 Edited by Jankarcop (11056 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

@millerlight89 said:

@Rage010101 said:

You've activated my Trap Card. Butthurt Console Kid, has taken 8,000 damage. Your HP has fallen to 0, GAME OVER.

Decimated

#35 Edited by blangenakker (3240 posts) -

PC just has the games I can play on and on

#36 Edited by jg4xchamp (61470 posts) -

PC

#37 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

PC, haven't taken my PS4 out of the box yet.

#38 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

...why do you even have it then?

#39 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

PS4. I tend to game mostly on consoles nowadays. Can't go wrong with either choice, since you can just catch up at the end of the gen.

On the PC I think what I would miss most are some of the new retro WRPG titles coming in via Kickstarter, and not the games that actually push the PC in any way.

#40 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

...why do you even have it then?

Waiting till I move.

#41 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (15917 posts) -

PS4 for me. I used to be a PC gamer but switched back to consoles about 6 months ago. It's just better for me overall. However I will always have a soft spot for PC.

#42 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (23482 posts) -

If I follow the same trend I've always had, I have mostly a handful of exclusives and sports games on consoles while the PC gets all the multiplats and its own exclusives. Plus, I'd still need a PC/laptop anyway if I went console only. I wouldn't post here on the console or even a tablet or smartphone.

So, PC for me. It's simply the most useful to me.

#43 Posted by KillzoneSnake (2356 posts) -

PS4, much better games.

#44 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (23482 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

I understand the appeal of the PS4. It's just so easy to sit down and play a game. There is no configuration, and you now 100% that your game will just work. I still have to pick the PC, not only because it can do everything a PS4 can do and more, but it will undoubtedly get more exclusives than both PC clone consoles.

My PS3 required network configuration if it was to receive updates as well as setting up multiple PSN accounts. It's a pain in the butt with that lousy XMB UI. I'm sure the PS4 requires the same.

#45 Posted by Ripsaw1994 (196 posts) -

Generally worse version of multiplats and a few exclusive movies.. Oh and 60$ games with no mod communities and no steam sale. I already sold my PS4 this shouldn't be a question

#46 Edited by nathan_till (26 posts) -

PC - Better Graphics, Lower priced games, MOD support, Does everything, better input.

Dont get me wrong... if I could have both in this topic, I would!

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
#47 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

I think it depends on the circumstances in each consumers lives to be honest as i think the matter of best is always dictated by how the consumer prefers to consume their games. For example, i would want a PC super rig if the cost:benefit were reasonable but knowing that consoles still preety much dictate the innovations and investment for game software, that coupled with the fact i live like a single bloke with not much space, i cannot deny the PS4 even though i am aware the PC offers the better deal in the long run.

If some PC gamers here borrow me their PC, i would gladly take it and toss my PS4 out the window, but for now the PS4 just has me on the train

#48 Posted by jake44 (2085 posts) -

PC, but I'd be pissed that I couldn't play any Sony exclusives.

#49 Edited by miiiiv (900 posts) -

PC, superior graphics, resolution and frame rate, mods, m+kb precision, control options and pc has many great exclusives to. But I would miss a lot of playstation exclusives.
If it was between consoles (all consoles) or pc (no emulators allowed) it would be a very difficult choice.

#50 Edited by Heil68 (57960 posts) -

@Telekill said:

PS4 for me. Easily