Gaming headset wars - Is the HyperX Cloud Alpha S or HyperX Cloud II the best?

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

Which is the best gaming headset?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I've not compared, but I bought the Cloud II last fall and love it. Very comfortable and great clear and fairly flat sound. I actually like its sound better than my audiotechnica studio headphones and it is also more comfy

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I really don’t like the way the HyperX headsets look. Because of that, I’ve never tried them

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xplode_games

@xantufrog said:

I've not compared, but I bought the Cloud II last fall and love it. Very comfortable and great clear and fairly flat sound. I actually like its sound better than my audiotechnica studio headphones and it is also more comfy

Do you use it for Xbox, PC or Playstation? If you use it with an Xbox controller, do you have a Turtle Beach headset audio controller for it to act as an amplifier? Some are saying it's necessary to get the best sound from the Cloud II.

I personally have the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x with a separate mic for PC and it is just wonderful IMHO. I am looking to get one for my XSX and am wondering if the Cloud II is the one and if it needs the amplifier.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xplode_games

@goldenelementxl said:

I really don’t like the way the HyperX headsets look. Because of that, I’ve never tried them

What headset do you use?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@Xplode_games: Astro A40, Corsair Void Pro. I will probably get the Corsair Virtuoso soon and I also want to check out the SteelSeries Arctis 7 or 9.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Xplode_games: I've only tried it with PC, and I've only used it with the "surround sound" in-line controller that it comes with. Sorry

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Lmfao, "gaming" headsets. No thanks. I like good audio.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

The Audeze Mobius is probably the best I've tried, and I have tried a lot of headphones/headsets. They have a great microphone, have optional virtual surround if you are into that, can be wired or wireless, have a built in dac/amp, and most importantly have large planar magnetic drivers that deliver fantastic sound that dynamic drivers just can't match. These have sound quality up there with some of the best headphones in the business when wired, no exaggeration. As such, I recommend using them in wired mode.

On the downside, they have a "3d audio" gimmick that's pretty lame (but can be disabled easily), they are a bit heavy because of their battery (that does last a long while) and drivers, and they are fairly expensive.

Still worth it, IMO. You won't find planars this feature packed for less anyway, much less ones that sound this good.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1003 Posts

Not familiar with either but my pair of Sennheiser 800S probably crushes either of them.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

got a cloud 2 for 2 years now i think, good shit still works perfectly.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9575 Posts

I always love when people talk shit about $100-$500 headsets and compare them with audiophile sets that cost $1,000-$5000. It's like people with a $5,000 gaming PC setup bragging they get a little better quality than current gen consoles.

Look, I'm all for quality and getting a great experience, and I can afford most of the things I want in life, but if I'm looking to get a headset I'm not interested in much over $400 (usually looking in the $200-$300 range) which is more than enough to get quality sound and still destroy those nerds wearing $4k headsets... lol