Gaming does not belong to the hardcore

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

This is in regards to Wii, Move and Natal. Especially the Wii because it gets too much hate only because Nintendo decided to tap into a market that didn't play games. What is wrong with that ? I don't like motion-control gaming but to think the games industry will completely ignore the core market is laughable, the game industry is expanding and we should be happy. This is bigger than you or me and casual or non gamers matter just as much as the core gamers, remember the casual gamers of today are the core next gen or the gen after that. We were all casual once weren't we ? Basically what Im getting at is that there is nothing wrong with disliking or liking casual etc stuff because gaming is for everyone and not just the hardcore. Saying things like the casual or Nintendo are ruining gaming is stupid beyond belief. Sorry but that is just how I feel.

Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

I agree.

Negative Approach

Black Flag

DRI

Cro-Mags

Discharge

Poison Idea

belong to hardcore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
It's not a problem unless developers start developing games just for the casual market because they'll sell better.
Origami_Kill3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Origami_Kill3r
Member since 2010 • 647 Posts
Sad but true
lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lespaul1919
Member since 2003 • 7074 Posts

I agree.

Negative Approach

Black Flag

DRI

Cro-Mags

Discharge

Poison Idea

belong to hardcore.

Kandlegoat

Eye sea wat U did thar.

lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lespaul1919

Sad but trueOrigami_Kill3r

nope. that's hard rock/heavy metal.

TheDogout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheDogout
Member since 2010 • 807 Posts

I agree

Gaming was invented by a casual gamer.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

"Casuals" move this industry since pong

envybianchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 envybianchi
Member since 2004 • 1155 Posts

Also I wanted to point something out. None of us started out has "hardcore" gamers & such. We all started out from the bottom of the rung as casual gamers & so. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we need a way to have the coming generation & next generation to like playing games. Otherwise, there won't be new hardcore gamers to support the core industry.

I know that was vague & I was trying to get something across in a better & easier way to understand but I just woke up still feeling droopy, drowsy & a bit hung over. I hope someone got it.

Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

It's not a problem unless developers start developing games just for the casual market because they'll sell better.Guppy507
I'll take this approach.

Casual gaming might not endanger gaming as a whole but why should hard/core gamers celebrate when casual games take over spotlight? Now that's what seems a bit stupid to me.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#11 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

agreed but wii still plays games that are for the hardcore too bad they dont get these games, cod mw r driver etc , ,

and still it gets hate, which is why system wars is all false , they just want attention ,,

for every lie they make the facts keep rolling in examples

1 they said 2010 was yr of ps3 , , -based on what ive seen so far wii and 360 have been doing the killing ,,in 2010 ,

2 last y ear same as above ended up being year of the wii same for the other 4 years 1 of these 4 was year of the 360 ,,

and

3 they all expected psp an d ps3 to sell like playstation 2 did , ,

and look what has happened , and because of that they have to resort to other ways to try to claim pwnage , even then they fall short casue they dont give us any evidence ,,

they can sit back come up with aaa aae as up but those aaae never sell as good , as any average game ,out there ,

so in the end of the day its not the score that sells games

its the gameplay it self and if people wanted it ,

before 3ds comes out , , its not a fad nor will it be one , ,

its funny how cows said wii was a fad this motion sensing wa going to fail , blabla bla nintendos got bad graphics bla bla bla but yet ,

2 earlier gens proved nintendo can do the power , and yet still cows prais sony ,, for what forcing a medium of game storage that cracks scratches ,hecj the machine it self cant last the same 20-30 yrs a nes can ,,

and those load times made me so angry ,

much less the unbarable 16 bit like graphics , at a time 3d became the standard,

cows always think , sony was the one who was king , but at the end of the day nintendo is the one who changed this industry ,

and they continue to while the other party -sony , follows them , they never came up with anything original ,

never will , they didnt even start 3d gaming -virtual boy did that along time ago , to bad it failed otherwise i can give it proper introducing

so ya ,, enough of this move topic ,

you want it buy it , simple as that , ,

but you can thank nintendo for why sony and ms have decided to go in this direction

also on this hardcore vs casual stuff

,, nintendo has always been the same company since 1987 ,,in us 1985 in japan ,,

super mario brothers is the same game we all played 20plus yrs ago , there is no reason why it should be called a game that no one plays,

and same for all other franchises out now, ,well most of them ,

final fantasy started on the nes so did mgs , 007 started on the nes to ,

just didnt get popular til goldeneye ,

doom was on pc and snes ,

all the big games you know did not start this gen , ,

they either started last gen or the previous gens before that ,

there s only a few new ips , and they still play just as good as the ones from before but its different ,

and since when has sports games became casual , ,-theyve been around since basck in nes so calling wii sports for teh casuals ,, is just wrong , either way you look at it ,

same goes for educational type games, they arent for any of these casual or hardcore, ,

they serve only their intended purpose -that is to teach examples-mario paint mario fun with numbers dkjr math brain age etc,

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Does gaming belong to the hardcore? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture!
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts

This is in regards to Wii, Move and Natal. Especially the Wii because it gets too much hate only because Nintendo decided to tap into a market that didn't play games. What is wrong with that ? I don't like motion-control gaming but to think the games industry will completely ignore the core market is laughable, the game industry is expanding and we should be happy. This is bigger than you or me and casual or non gamers matter just as much as the core gamers, remember the casual gamers of today are the core next gen or the gen after that. We were all casual once weren't we ? Basically what Im getting at is that there is nothing wrong with disliking or liking casual etc stuff because gaming is for everyone and not just the hardcore. Saying things like the casual or Nintendo are ruining gaming is stupid beyond belief. Sorry but that is just how I feel.

Swift_Boss_A
It will be bad for gaming if it is unsuccessful, or if it is so successful that it diverts resources away from game development and research in the area of the games that appeal most of all to this entire community. The Demon's Soul types are people too. Shame on you if you think a slasher flick is the equivalent in terms of industry success to Hitchcock's Psycho. Slasher flicks may be pulling more money from frat boys and wasted people, but they have the cultural value of a tick or lead-poisoned water. Perhaps our dramatization is just a reflection of the fact that we are afraid of being marginalized by the industry we care for. That said, it would be a good thing if the growth of the industry brought us things of great cultural worth and enriched our lives. Entertainment is a cute concept and increases our standard of living, but frankly, this means nothing to those of us that have crossed the basic threshold.
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

Gaming only belonged to the hardcore in the 80's.

Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kandlegoat

[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

I agree.

Negative Approach

Black Flag

DRI

Cro-Mags

Discharge

Poison Idea

belong to hardcore.

lespaul1919

Eye sea wat U did thar.

glad to see someone knew whut I was talking about....so I guess I dont completely feel like an ass.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#16 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
Gaming belongs to the gamers.
lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lespaul1919

I am displeased with the amount of serious reply's. this thread could have been so fun.

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Brownesque

Yandere
Bull. Somebody who buys ten pieces of software a year deserves to be catered to. There's a reason that the Xbox 360 has the highest attach rates and the most software sales relative to other platforms......people that buy Xbox 360s intend to purchase and enjoy the kind of software that caters to the hardcore demographic, the two meet, and business flourishes.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Gaming just needs to be fun, whether it Animal Crossing or God of War.

Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kandlegoat

I am displeased with the amount of serious reply's. this thread could have been so fun.

lespaul1919

haha get real dude..you seriously think a place where everybody argues over the tiniest pixel in games or other trivial **** to know anything about Bad Brains? :lol:

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

Brownesque

Bull. Somebody who buys ten pieces of software a year deserves to be catered to. There's a reason that the Xbox 360 has the highest attach rates and the most software sales relative to other platforms......people that buy Xbox 360s intend to purchase and enjoy the kind of software that caters to the hardcore demographic, the two meet, and business flourishes.

People making roguelikes and dungeon crawlers in college to have fun and small developers of 2 to 4 people making RPGs. Those times were more hardcore than any time in gaming.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#22 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
wrong , wii has a better attach rate , , it sold more units as did wii sports wii music wii play mario kart shaun white ,, and more have sold well on the wii , and the only reason 360 exist is because of halo , if halo were dead or we re non existant , i d think not even half the 360 sold would be , heck lets subtract sold 360s that were because of replacment , wed have lower sells numbers for 360 im goin to buy one next month , thats an example , does it add to the fan base-absolutely not so ya 360 may have million sellers more then ps3 but wii definatelly has potential in the longer run cause its games have long shelf life sell more over time ,
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

Nintendo could have done all that and still made a powerful machine

Like they always have before

shaggygrosser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shaggygrosser
Member since 2003 • 5871 Posts
[QUOTE="IronBass"]Does gaming belong to the hardcore? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture!

well done, the perfect response.
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
[QUOTE="IronBass"]Does gaming belong to the hardcore? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture!shaggygrosser
well done, the perfect response.

Thank you :oops: I was feeling bad no one noticed my reply :'(
antifanboyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 antifanboyftw
Member since 2007 • 2214 Posts

theres a difference from being casual and not being a gamer. wii sports, fit, music,and play are clearly not for gamers.

halo, call of duty, god of war, and games like that are casual, but still for gamers.

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

Swift_Boss_A

Agreed except I like Wii's controls lol.

KratosTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KratosTwin
Member since 2008 • 894 Posts

I agree.

Negative Approach

Black Flag

DRI

Cro-Mags

Discharge

Poison Idea

belong to hardcore.

Kandlegoat

Black Flag was awesome!

Back on topic; Great post, Swift_Boss_A. I completely agree.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

I agree.

Negative Approach

Black Flag

DRI

Cro-Mags

Discharge

Poison Idea

belong to hardcore.

Kandlegoat

Needs international superheroes of hardcore for the extra dose of lulz.

Gundamforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gundamforce
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts

Gaming belongs to the gamers.Arach666

We have a winner!

Marcus_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Marcus_Hale
Member since 2008 • 108 Posts
I have no problem saying that the casual trend is ruining gaming if games like Mass Effect, Gears of War, Halo, Killzone, Uncharted, etc, etc, stop being made in favor of games like Carnival Games for Wii. We arent far enough into the casual flood to find out if that'll be the case. Ya know what? I take that back. Those games will always exist because they are heavy sellers... I should say if new core IPs stop being made in favor of games like Carnival Games for Wii.
gammon56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gammon56
Member since 2009 • 779 Posts

[QUOTE="Origami_Kill3r"]Sad but truelespaul1919

Lol Metallica FTW But yeah i just dont want them investing too much in casual gaming and im fine i still have my good games
gammon56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gammon56
Member since 2009 • 779 Posts
[QUOTE="Zanoh"]

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

wow your the only hard core gamer ive heard that from i HATE motion controls no im not lazy
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17802 Posts
[QUOTE="gammon56"][QUOTE="Zanoh"]

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

wow your the only hard core gamer ive heard that from i HATE motion controls no im not lazy

i also like motion controls...gamer of over 20 years. frankly i think the traditional controller needs to be scrapped. i hope this gen is the last we see of it. as for the topic........nope it doesnt and thank god it doesnt. if so called hardcore gamers had their way..all we would see is the same games being made over and over again and every new console would just be the same as the last one...but more powerful and with loads of extra pointless fluff added. thats a very boring industry. personally id prefe if the industry stayed small and niche and games didnt cost anywhere near as much to make allowing devs to be alot more creative with the nuts and bolts of a game. but that was never going to happen. so its a choice between an expanding market with a variety of different consoles doing different things...or a market with the same games being churned out every year on 3 consoles that are essentially the same. id go with the variety approach.
Solori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#35 Solori
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

I have a question for OP. Regarding this quote:

remember the casual gamers of today are the core next gen or the gen after that.Swift_Boss_A

If you really believe there is nothing wrong with casual gamers and that all gamers have the same value, why do you believe that casual gamers will naturally evolve into core gamers? It's like you are saying that we should embrace casual gamers today because one day they will see the light and become core gamers. That's not exactly treating their casual gaming preferences with respect.

Imo casual gamers don't automatically become core gamers. I think there are a lot of people out there that enjoy casual gaming, aren't interested in core gaming now, and will never be interested in core gaming. That probably is the case with most of the Wii's new casual base.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Swift_Boss_A

I have a question for OP. Regarding this quote:

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]remember the casual gamers of today are the core next gen or the gen after that.Solori

If you really believe there is nothing wrong with casual gamers and that all gamers have the same value, why do you believe that casual gamers will naturally evolve into core gamers? It's like you are saying that we should embrace casual gamers today because one day they will see the light and become core gamers. That's not exactly treating their casual gaming preferences with respect.

Imo casual gamers don't automatically become core gamers. I think there are a lot of people out there that enjoy casual gaming, aren't interested in core gaming now, and will never be interested in core gaming. That probably is the case with most of the Wii's new casual base.

Yeh you're right, guess I should have explained what I said further :P but I totally agree with whaat you said.
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

[QUOTE="Zanoh"]

gammon56

Laziness is not really the issue, it is really the method of control. Some games work better with motion control compared to others.

A good example. Okami Wii is better than the PS2 version due to the fact the brush strokes are quicker with the Wiimote than the second analog stick.

Another good exampe is RE4/RE5 with the Wiimote/PSMove presenting accurate shots.

My view: I vote for a Duo Method (something the Wii utilizes with the classic controller add on)

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

"Nintendo decide to tap into a market that didn't play games. What is wrong with that ?" Um I don't know, Nintendo's business is games. They took a risk and they got rewarded. Nobody thought the Wii(Revolution) was going to be big as it is now. I think there is some risk for Sony. We already have a Wii. I don't think we need another one. Another one that's more money. That doesn't make sense for casual or non gamer. A non gamer isn't going to shell out hundreds for a copy-cat gaming experiance. This is dumb on Sony's part. Big risk that's going to fail on hardcore and casual and non gamers and developers.

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

Does gaming belong to the hardcore? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture!IronBass

No wonder that place fell apart..

ThatsSimtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ThatsSimtastic
Member since 2009 • 2054 Posts

[QUOTE="Origami_Kill3r"]Sad but truelespaul1919

...WRONG!
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#42 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
[QUOTE="lespaul1919"]

[QUOTE="Origami_Kill3r"]Sad but trueThatsSimtastic

...WRONG!

I guess Trash metal would be more accurate.
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

Does gaming belong to the hardcore? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture!IronBass

Win

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Brownesque

[QUOTE="Brownesque"][QUOTE="Yandere"]

Yandere

People making roguelikes and dungeon crawlers in college to have fun and small developers of 2 to 4 people making RPGs. Those times were more hardcore than any time in gaming.

Problem being they don't even make 'em like that any more. You wanna get really hardcore? Lol, go play a tabletop or start constructing and painting your own Warhammer figures at the local Losershop. I wish there was that genuine level of soul in modern game development, not so, by and large. But if you find anything worth my attention you let me know : )
Solori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#45 Solori
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

Yeh you're right, guess I should have explained what I said further :P but I totally agree with whaat you said.Swift_Boss_A

Cool. We both agree that casual gamers don't automatically become core gamers.

Now back to your original point:

… the game industry is expanding and we should be happy. … Swift_Boss_A

Yes and No. Expansion is not automatically a good thing. The direction that the expansion takes does matter. Especially when you are talking about the console that has sold the most units. $$$ = influence.

Where is the benefit to core gaming of adding casuals to the market who will not turn into core gamers?

Since developers like to make money and a big market is generally seen as a good way of making money – why is it "stupid beyond belief" to think that some developers will choose to focus on casuals instead of the core market, potentially shrinking the amount of core games available?

Also, what if instead of the casual gamers of today becoming the core gamers of tomorrow, the core gamer of today is seduced by casual gaming's simple pleasures and becomes the casual gamer of tommorow? If you truly believe that all gamers have the same value, then both possibilities should be equally out there. If you dismiss the possibility that a core gamer could become a casual gamer, then it shows that you don't really think that casual gaming is equal to core gaming.

Just some things to think about. Whether you believe that Nintendo's focus on casuals is good, bad, or neutral, you have to admit that because of Nintendo's market position what it does and does not focus on has an effect on gaming. Are the people who say that Nintendo is ruining gaming taking it to the extreme? Sure. Are they stupid beyond belief? I don't think so.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Swift_Boss_A
^^^ I see where you are coming from but I don't agree that it will be come one or the other, I really don't see gaming dropping casual appeal for core appeal or vice versa. Take for example movies, music and TV. You have these are mediums for entertainment and they appeal to everyone from kids, to adults to elderly people. Say if kids shows are a lot more popular it doesn't mean that all support for a different demographic will stop. Gaming isn't a sports event that only a certain type of people can do, it's the equivalent of watching TV, or going to the movies and listening to music. There are always going to be people who do at leisure and those who are a lot into it like movie buffs etc. Just because one demographic is showing more support and buying/watching/listening a lot more doesn't mean that medium will divert all it's resources to that particular demographic, it will never happen. Similarly games industry as it goes on will appeal to more and more people, whether they are serious gamers or casual.
Meowmixxvi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#47 Meowmixxvi
Member since 2008 • 2243 Posts
[QUOTE="IronBass"]Does gaming belong to the hardcore? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture!

lmfao lmfao! ^^^ gaming belongs to everyone.
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

Also, what if instead of the casual gamers of today becoming the core gamers of tomorrow, the core gamer of today is seduced by casual gaming's simple pleasures and becomes the casual gamer of tommorow? If you truly believe that all gamers have the same value, then both possibilities should be equally out there. If you dismiss the possibility that a core gamer could become a casual gamer, then it shows that you don't really think that casual gaming is equal to core gaming.

Just some things to think about. Whether you believe that Nintendo's focus on casuals is good, bad, or neutral, you have to admit that because of Nintendo's market position what it does and does not focus on has an effect on gaming. Are the people who say that Nintendo is ruining gaming taking it to the extreme? Sure. Are they stupid beyond belief? I don't think so.

Solori

We don't have to worry about the two types of gamers switching until the game of the year is a casual game like Wii Fit. Absolutely. I love having all of the possibilities out there. It's true. Dismissing something isn't wise.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

The games industry wants to be as big and wide spread as the movie industry, for this to happen games have to become as accessible as movies. It's easier to break even when your sales are in the tens of millions like with films.

The problem with that is you have to appeal to everyone, every potential customer. That means targeting the lowest common denominator audience, which means games being made more "accessible" for these people.

Reminds me how PC gamers feel about consolization, only it is console gamers seeing their games affected by casuals.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#50 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

Okay, how are the casual gamers of today the core gamers of tomorrow? Most casual gamers are middle-aged women and old folks. The hardcore gaming audience made gaming what it is today. They owe it to us to cater to the core market first and foremost. That doesn't mean there isn't a place for casual gaming. But it should be a secondary concern if anything.