Gamestop will have extra PS4's at the midnight launch.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

The closest store to me (Ontario,Oregon) has 9 for midnight launch. He said the store's in Boise and Bend will get about the same.

Walmart is also getting a few extra's.

o for those on the fence you can still get one before Christmas. But I am told Sony will probably not have anymore til Black Friday at the earliest.

If Ontario,Oregon is getting a few.......I know most places around you all will as well.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Gamespot sells PS4s?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

I wouldn't touch a midnight launch without a handgun and a cannister of mace. I'll anticlimactically snag mine at lunch on friday

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I called my local Gamestop and they only have PS4s for pre-orders.

I called the Sony store and they said they will have dozens of models for customers who didn't preorder. Goin to the Sony store.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Gamespot sells PS4s?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I'm just going wait and see and make sure peoples consoles aren't crashing or bursting into flames, and see how multiplatform titles perform.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zophar87

@KHAndAnime said:

I called the Sony store and they said they will have dozens of models for customers who didn't preorder. Goin to the Sony store.

I was in my local GameStop this evening and they said they don't even have their consoles in yet. Although something tells me they're not allowed to tell me if they have them or not..

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Gamespot sells PS4s?

oops.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Zophar87 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

I was in my local GameStop this evening and they said they don't even have their consoles in yet. Although something tells me they're not allowed to tell me if they have them or not..

They probably don't have them. Most places I called aren't getting their's until the day preceding launch. I called each place asking for estimates of their stock and nobody was withholding info.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

what's the point of getting it late night? have a good night of sleep, get the console when doors open and game for like 15h straight like a bwasss. im doing that anyway, nolife KZ:SF or BF4 i still don't know

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Might keep an eye on the Sony Store close to me... It'd be nice to pick one up early.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

I heard a guy a Best Buy today said they were getting extra for the midnight launch as well.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zophar87

@KHAndAnime said:

@Zophar87 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

They probably don't have them. Most places I called aren't getting their's until the day preceding launch. I called each place asking for estimates of their stock and nobody was withholding info.

A friend of mine works at Best Buy and they got a pallet 10ft tall of PS4 consoles.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Those extra consoles will be sold out in minutes or less. If you don't preorder you're basically shit out of luck. Unless you're extremely lucky you won't be able to get a PS4 at launch without preordering.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

Any word on whether or not these things will be in stock the day of? I'm curious if it'll be hard to find or not.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KHAndAnime

@I_can_haz said:

Those extra consoles will be sold out in minutes or less. If you don't preorder you're basically shit out of luck. Unless you're extremely lucky you won't be able to get a PS4 at launch without preordering.

Shit out of luck at Gamestop perhaps, thankfully there are many other retailers selling consoles at launch for people who didn't pre-order - shouldn't be a problem for anyone. Called the Sony store and they sounded extremely confident that anyone who wants a PS4 at launch will get one.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@silversix_ said:

what's the point of getting it late night? have a good night of sleep, get the console when doors open and game for like 15h straight like a bwasss. im doing that anyway, nolife KZ:SF or BF4 i still don't know

because people just don't go asleep at the same time... some like go asleep at 8pm some like to go asleep at 4am and sadly few people can't even sleep...

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#18 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@sammyjenkis898 said:

Any word on whether or not these things will be in stock the day of? I'm curious if it'll be hard to find or not.

good luck... best be at a store when they open in the morning

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@I_can_haz said:

Shit out of luck at Gamestop perhaps, thankfully there are many other retailers selling consoles at launch for people who didn't pre-order - shouldn't be a problem for anyone. Called the Sony store and they sounded extremely confident that anyone who wants a PS4 at launch will get one.

I wouldn't take their word on it. I remember they said the same thing to me during the PS3's launch and I had to drive all over town to find a PS3 because by the time I got to the Sony Store they were all sold out in minutes. Lets hope they've learned their lesson since 2006. Its the main reason I preordered my PS4 since E3 because I wanted to avoid the hassle I went through finding a PS3 in 2006.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@k2theswiss said:

@silversix_ said:

because people just don't go asleep at the same time... some like go asleep at 8pm some like to go asleep at 4am and sadly few people can't even sleep...

yeah well im one of those people and im going to sleep to have a gangbang for 15h straight!

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

@k2theswiss said:

@sammyjenkis898 said:

good luck... best be at a store when they open in the morning

That's what they said about the Vita.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KHAndAnime
@I_can_haz said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@I_can_haz said:

I wouldn't take their word on it. I remember they said the same thing to me during the PS3's launch and I had to drive all over town to find a PS3 because by the time I got to the Sony Store they were all sold out in minutes. Lets hope they've learned their lesson since 2006. Its the main reason I preordered my PS4 since E3 because I wanted to avoid the hassle I went through finding a PS3 in 2006.

Well obviously people who actually make an attempt to get one will have no problem getting one. If you're just randomly driving around, you shouldn't expect to get one. All you have to do is call up your local electronics stores and ask how many they think they will have in stock on launch day for people who didn't pre-order. There are 100+ PS4s in stock in my area (within 15 min drive) for people who didn't preorder - there's no way in hell that there are over 100 people who are going to line up before stores open on launch day in my area alone. Most people who want the PS4 already have theirs preordered (just like yourself).

My local Sony store isn't even accepting lines until 10:00PM for their midnight launch. Sounds pretty confident to me - I don't mind waiting a mere 2 hours for the console.

Furthermore, I have multiple chances to get one. If for some ridiculous reason I don't get it at midnight launch, I can choose one of three other stores in the area to line up at as well when they open the next morning.

Ne-Plus-Ultra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ne-Plus-Ultra
Member since 2012 • 281 Posts

I preordered mine at GameStop, and the guys there told me to make sure I make it to the midnight launch, because if I don't mine will more then likely be sold, he went on to say that there are so many people wanting them that they will most definitely be gone by Friday night or after opening Friday morning. This kind of pisses my off considering I already bought it, but I've heard of this happening many times before, so I will be at the midnight launch. At least it shouldn't be that bad since the town I'm living in right now only has a population of about 15,000.