Gamespy: DMC4 on 360 has better visuals?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

Thought this might spawn some interesting discussion. Gamespy impressions of DMC4 after playing at GS: Leipzig.

Hit the jump for the juicy goodness

GC DMC4 Impressions

GarchomPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GarchomPro
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Ive read about this before, they say some things look slightly better but the controles are weird and unusual and not too good
Avatar image for ProductNumber49
ProductNumber49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ProductNumber49
Member since 2006 • 3840 Posts
WHAT A TWIST!
beardtm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 beardtm
Member since 2004 • 312 Posts
Of course, its a 360...
Armored_cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Armored_cell
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts
All that matters in DMC is gameplay and the X360 is dodgy in that so...fail
D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts

All that matters in DMC is gameplay and the X360 is dodgy in that so...failArmored_cell

Erm, since when?

KrazyKev26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KrazyKev26
Member since 2005 • 956 Posts
Umm you know that we haven't seen the PS3 version since Gamers Day right?.
Tom_Brady860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tom_Brady860
Member since 2007 • 961 Posts
wow, cows, pwnage after pwnage. NOW former exclusives are running better on the 360.....sad
Playstation97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Playstation97
Member since 2007 • 451 Posts
DMC4 has better visuals on the 360 yes. it's true! So Lemmings you can ahve your fun!
Tom_Brady860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tom_Brady860

All that matters in DMC is gameplay and the X360 is dodgy in that so...failArmored_cell

what? can you read english?

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/devilmaycry4/news.html?sid=6177331&om_act=convert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1

"We were pleased to see that those who want to slash up a bunch of creepy marionettes and earn achievement points for doing so will get the same core experience as their Sony-based counterparts."

start moo-ing

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

DMC4 has better visuals on the 360 yes. it's true! So Lemmings you can ahve your fun!Playstation97

too bad ur controls suck lemmings.

sneekite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 sneekite
Member since 2004 • 1599 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised at all, it is on the Lost Planet engine after all. I'm more interested in the gameplay, which so far looks quite worse than DMC 3 or 1. Hopefully the final game will surprise me, otherwise I'll have to move to Ninja Gaiden.
Avatar image for XenogearsMaster
XenogearsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XenogearsMaster
Member since 2007 • 3175 Posts

PS3: Graphics slightly less defined. Great controls.

360: Bad controls.

DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts

The PS3 version looks marginally less refined to us, but anyone looking to start a console-superiority argument wouldn't have much ammo here.

Not enough to sway me to pick the 360 version over the PS3; well I never planned to any way. Franchises that start out on PS, stay on PS imo since i'm use to the controls.

blackice1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blackice1983
Member since 2006 • 2021 Posts

[QUOTE="Playstation97"]DMC4 has better visuals on the 360 yes. it's true! So Lemmings you can ahve your fun!ff7isnumbaone

cows talking about bad controls

blackice1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blackice1983
Member since 2006 • 2021 Posts

[QUOTE="Playstation97"]DMC4 has better visuals on the 360 yes. it's true! So Lemmings you can ahve your fun!ff7isnumbaone

cows talking about bad controls

Armored_cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Armored_cell
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts

The PS3 version looks marginally less refined to us, but anyone looking to start a console-superiority argument wouldn't have much ammo here.

Not enough to sway me to pick the 360 version over the PS3; well I never planned to any way. Franchises that start out on PS, stay on PS imo since i'm use to the controls.

DementedDragon
Indeed. Controlling DMC on 360 = disaster
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts

Well that would be some ownage.

Although they reported a bigger concern I had, and it's on how it would play over the 360 control, since I was wondering how they would work that out if I have to decide when picking a version over the other

Tom_Brady860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tom_Brady860

XenogearsMaster

its fun to read, isnt it?

"We were pleased to see that those who want to slash up a bunch of creepy marionettes and earn achievement points for doing so will get the same core experience as their Sony-based counterparts."

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 D0013ER
[QUOTE="DementedDragon"]

Armored_cell

I need a pair of cow-goggles...

MronoC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 MronoC
Member since 2005 • 4113 Posts

"360 version has very marginal visual edge over PS3 version, but not enough to start a flame war."

Apparently Gamespy has underestimated the fanboys.

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 D0013ER

"360 version has very marginal visual edge over PS3 version, but not enough to start a flame war."

MronoC

Indeed. It's funny to see that many cows are still very sore about this game.

tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tegovoltio
[QUOTE="Armored_cell"][QUOTE="DementedDragon"]

D0013ER

Or normal goggles, and read the part of the article where they talk about the controls.

sneekite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sneekite
[QUOTE="XenogearsMaster"]

Tom_Brady860

You do realize that XenogearsMaster's post is based on the gamespy impressions linked at the beginning of this thread, right?

"As it stands now, we're not sure we could tolerate using the Right Bumper so excessively on the Xbox 360 controller instead of the triggers, which are much more comfortable. Some might accuse us of nitpicking or fanboy bias, but honestly, gameplay, ergonomics and controls are king."

According to the Gamespot preview you're quoting, there are absolutely no differences between the two versions and thus this thread about graphical superiority is pointless.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 3picuri3

any cows care to link to this bad control issue? personally as a gamer i prefer the 360 controller to the overly symmetrical dual shock (a design that hasn't changed much since most of you posters were born :)).

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 D0013ER
[QUOTE="D0013ER"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"][QUOTE="DementedDragon"]

tegovoltio

Or normal goggles, and read the part of the article where they talk about the controls.

Well, when checking with the normal goggles, I didn't find the word "disaster" anywhere there. I imagine that's what you get with the cow goggles.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 3picuri3
[QUOTE="Tom_Brady860"][QUOTE="XenogearsMaster"]

sneekite

You do realize that XenogearsMaster's post is based on the gamespy impressions linked at the beginning of this thread, right?

"As it stands now, we're not sure we could tolerate using the Right Bumper so excessively on the Xbox 360 controller instead of the triggers, which are much more comfortable. Some might accuse us of nitpicking or fanboy bias, but honestly, gameplay, ergonomics and controls are king."

According to the Gamespot preview you're quoting, there are absolutely no differences between the two versions and thus this thread about graphical superiority is pointless.

heh - the jealousy is strong in this one.

yeah, it's a real shameyou can't change the controls..... oh wait, you can. /fail.

tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tegovoltio

Well, when checking with the normal goggles, I didn't find the word "disaster" anywhere there. I imagine that's what you get with the cow goggles.

D0013ER

Well he did exagerate.

MronoC

Yep, it might not be enough to start a flame war. But I can complain about it. I find it lame if the game ends up looking better on 360 and even equal since it used to be ''exclusive'' and PS3 being ''superior'' and all.

But capcom did say they make the game on a main comp. and then just por it over to the consoles.

sweet123leon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sweet123leon
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts

Of course, its a 360...beardtm

agreed

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 D0013ER
[QUOTE="D0013ER"]

tegovoltio

Well he did exagerate.

My point exactly. These guys are simply bitter.

sneekite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sneekite
[QUOTE="sneekite"][QUOTE="Tom_Brady860"][QUOTE="XenogearsMaster"]

3picuri3

heh - the jealousy is strong in this one.

yeah, it's a real shameyou can't change the controls..... oh wait, you can. /fail.

I'm jealous for quoting Gamespy's issues with the controls?

Gamespy says that the 360 version has better graphics and worse controls, I'm not saying that. I haven't played the game on either platform. Gamespot says that the two versions are identical. Obviously there's a difference of opinions here, but none of the opinions are mine personally.

Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sir-Marwin105
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
I don't know which system I will get it for, but I'm pretty sure that I will dislike the controls for the 360 version more. You can't mash buttons on the 360 controller. They are too round.
Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts
Of course it does, because 360 has the superior gaming hardware where Ps3 has the superior movie playback hardware. All multiplats look better on 360. Only Cows believe that ridiculous hype that Sony spews.
Avatar image for HolyHandGrenad3
HolyHandGrenad3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HolyHandGrenad3
Member since 2007 • 932 Posts
[QUOTE="DementedDragon"]

Armored_cell

Looks like he is just saying that he is used to the controls for the PS controller. I don't see anything in that quote that says the 360 controls are a disaster.

hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hotdaisy18
Member since 2004 • 1909 Posts
I can see people giving complaints about the control scheme. If you've been playing DMC since one, up until 3 with the PS controller, yeah. It's going to feel rather odd using the 360 controller. So what else is new?
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
I was hoping they had fixed the DMC gameplay so it wasn't based around hitting the shoot button a billion times to kill a single enemy. Oh well I guess some people can't get enough of that.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#37 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
A lot of pointless double speak in this thread...
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
Its really just their opinon on the matter. It was originaly conceived on the PS3, so its kinda 60-50 chance its going to look better on the lead SKU, the PS3. They were already working on it for PS3 before the 360 version was even thought of.
thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 thejakel11225
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
[QUOTE="tegovoltio"][QUOTE="D0013ER"][QUOTE="Armored_cell"][QUOTE="DementedDragon"]

D0013ER

Cow goggles??? man smack talk is getting a little silly in SW, anywho i think the ps3 will have better controls than the 360 for this game, but not by much though.

rykaziel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rykaziel
Member since 2003 • 1149 Posts
I really think the control difficulties are more due to everyone used to playing DMC on the DS2 controller, moreso than it actually being bad. I remember playing DMC3 and hating the controls, because I was so used to NG on Xbox.
Drizzt13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Drizzt13
Member since 2005 • 1676 Posts
Eitther Way PC for the win.