GameSpot: Nintendo's problem is its all about Nostalgia

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#151 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
The people are right. This is why they will never give a Mario game a 9.5 and Game of the Year or its sequel a 10/10.Blabadon
And that all about nintendo fans are happy about ... Main series of Mario and Zelda... And whatever other game comes that MIGHT be good based again on same icons and weve seen so many times in the past ( mario kart , super smash bros etc etc )..
Nintendo has the biggest stable of proven IPs in the world. As long as they continue to give is all new experiences, and they do, it doesn't matter what they do.charizard1605
Still you didnt prove that nintendo is not all about nostalgia.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#152 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="AzatiS"] Still you didnt prove that nintendo is not all about nostalgia.

I wasn't trying to
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

They have a point while contradictory based on GS reviews the point still stands and the tone was a little pretentious but still they have a point.

Nintendo needs to depend on their brand studios instead of depending on their franchises because the days of publishers depending on a mascot to sell are almost over, fans loves Nintendo and they know every Nintendo developer/studio making their Marios and Zeldas....etc.

The mentality of "oh we're releasing this game as a Zelda to sell" should change, they should bring more variety to sell their consoles because lets face it if they want to be in the discussion of the broader audience they need to make something else. Let the studio stamp sell the game just like what most developers do now instead of relying of the franchise stamp on the box of the game.

People are buying this specifc game because it came from Valve, Naughty Dog, Konami, Capcom, Bioware, Bungie or Platinum Games...etc etc and people surely not buying it because of Master Chief ( well that's a factor too but still ) or Drake or Bayonetta.

Nintendo should still bring a main/major brand name to their portfolio like a console Mario, Zelda and Pokemon game every generation since that's what the core fans wants and that's how you build upon bringing the younger generations of fans.

But the rule should be only one game so they could concentrate their creativity to tackle the broader crowd who wants something more and different with new IPs and new trilogies every console generation.

Or they can always hire Fumito Ueda.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
AMAZING how nintendo's fanbase gets so upset when you dare speak out against their precious company.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#155 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

AMAZING how nintendo's fanbase gets so upset when you dare speak out against their precious company. Bread_or_Decide

Amazing how there's absolutely nothing wrong with the Playstation 4.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#156 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

AMAZING how nintendo's fanbase gets so upset when you dare speak out against their precious company. Bread_or_Decide

I see people upset on both sides and deciding to take a side in an argument doesn't necessarily mean a person is upset, there are plenty of people providing an argument for both advantages and disadvantages with Nintendo being all about nostalgia. 

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#157 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="Lucianu"]A new IP is always a risk. And from a company's standpoint, it's not cool to make a risk wen you can safely ride a succesful IP for all its worth. It's not a great perspective on things, but that's how the world works.MirkoS77
It's a crying shame. Nintendo has incredible talent and they stick to and hide behind proven IPs time and time again. Yet they take massive risks on hardware. Even so, considering the billions in their bank, their lack of experimentation and trying new things is shameful. Considering the amount of money they have and how many failed risks they could endure, I think it more boils down to simple laziness more than anything else.

I won't support a company that plays it safe, and I'm bored with Nintendo beyond tears. In my eyes they have become irellevant. These new announcements do excite me (mostly because AlttP and Yoshi's Island are two of my favorite games), but they beyond a doubt need new material.

This is so beyond ridiculous I don't even know where to begin. Have we suddenly forgotten games like Metroid Prime, or Metroid: Other M, which were huge risks with the Metroid IP? Have we suddenly forgotten the four new IPs Monolith has made in the last seven years, and the fact that they are currently working on another one? Have we suddenly forgotten the numerous second party partnerships that Nintendo has undertaken in recent years with studios like Platinum, Ganbarion, Mistwalker, Team Ninja, Square, Camelot and numerous other studios that are bringing us tons of new IPs or significantly different spins on old ones? Have we forgotten the numerous downloadable titles that they've published digitally recently? Have we forgotten that they are constantly reinventing their older IPs? Have we forgotten that fans ask for those games? Has no one noticed the outcry for more F-Zero, more Star Fox, a sequel to Eternal Darkness, etc? Have we forgotten that they're more than willing to let an IP lie dormant if they don't have any ideas for it, such as the above, and other series like Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion, Donkey Kong, etc? But no, Nintendo is lazy. They don't change it up. They don't take risks. Goddamn, but do you people even live in the real world?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="Lucianu"]A new IP is always a risk. And from a company's standpoint, it's not cool to make a risk wen you can safely ride a succesful IP for all its worth. It's not a great perspective on things, but that's how the world works.MirkoS77
It's a crying shame. Nintendo has incredible talent and they stick to and hide behind proven IPs time and time again. Yet they take massive risks on hardware. Even so, considering the billions in their bank, their lack of experimentation and trying new things is shameful. Considering the amount of money they have and how many failed risks they could endure, I think it more boils down to simple laziness more than anything else.

I won't support a company that plays it safe, and I'm bored with Nintendo beyond tears. In my eyes they have become irellevant. These new announcements do excite me (mostly because AlttP and Yoshi's Island are two of my favorite games), but they beyond a doubt need new material.

Why do people like you that want new IPs fail to acknowledge the existence of new franchises like Project X?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
^ Also, what DarkLink said. Word for word.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#160 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"][QUOTE="Lucianu"]A new IP is always a risk. And from a company's standpoint, it's not cool to make a risk wen you can safely ride a succesful IP for all its worth. It's not a great perspective on things, but that's how the world works.charizard1605

Why do people like you that want new IPs fail to acknowledge the existence of new franchises like Project X?

By saying Nintendo, i bet most, if not all people, are reffering to Shigeru Miyamoto himself developing a new IP, or something like that.

But yeah, i forgot that Monolith is a 1st party developer for Nintendo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="MirkoS77"]It's a crying shame. Nintendo has incredible talent and they stick to and hide behind proven IPs time and time again. Yet they take massive risks on hardware. Even so, considering the billions in their bank, their lack of experimentation and trying new things is shameful. Considering the amount of money they have and how many failed risks they could endure, I think it more boils down to simple laziness more than anything else.

I won't support a company that plays it safe, and I'm bored with Nintendo beyond tears. In my eyes they have become irellevant. These new announcements do excite me (mostly because AlttP and Yoshi's Island are two of my favorite games), but they beyond a doubt need new material. Lucianu

By saying Nintendo, i bet most, if not all people, are reffering to Shigeru Miyamoto himself developing a new IP, or something like that.

But yeah, i forgot that Monolith is a 1st party developer for Nintendo.

But see, that would be ridiculous; it's like saying Sony or Microsoft have NEVER developed a new IP. Nintendo has Monolith, like you said. And Retro, Retro is probably working on something new. A game like The Wonderful 101 is a new Nintendo IP. They are doing new stuff, this isn't even counting their smaller digital projects, but they are trying; this E3 will show us more.
Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#162 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts
All Nintendo has left is nostalgia.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
It's a fair argument. Either way Nintendo are backed into a corner in selling consoles, and guess what people identify with and is less of a financial risk? Existing IPs. So I don't blame them.
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#164 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts
[QUOTE="MirkoS77"][QUOTE="Lucianu"]A new IP is always a risk. And from a company's standpoint, it's not cool to make a risk wen you can safely ride a succesful IP for all its worth. It's not a great perspective on things, but that's how the world works.DarkLink77

This is so beyond ridiculous I don't even know where to begin. Have we suddenly forgotten games like Metroid Prime, or Metroid: Other M, which were huge risks with the Metroid IP? Have we suddenly forgotten the four new IPs Monolith has made in the last seven years, and the fact that they are currently working on another one? Have we suddenly forgotten the numerous second party partnerships that Nintendo has undertaken in recent years with studios like Platinum, Ganbarion, Mistwalker, Team Ninja, Square, Camelot and numerous other studios that are bringing us tons of new IPs or significantly different spins on old ones? Have we forgotten the numerous downloadable titles that they've published digitally recently? Have we forgotten that they are constantly reinventing their older IPs? Have we forgotten that fans ask for those games? Has no one noticed the outcry for more F-Zero, more Star Fox, a sequel to Eternal Darkness, etc? Have we forgotten that they're more than willing to let an IP lie dormant if they don't have any ideas for it, such as the above, and other series like Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion, Donkey Kong, etc? But no, Nintendo is lazy. They don't change it up. They don't take risks. Goddamn, but do you people even live in the real world?

Agreed, great post. Took the words right out of my mouth.
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]And yet again I repeat: if you want new Nintendo IPs, last generation they got us Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower. This generation we are already getting Wonderful 101 and Project X. We're getting new IPs. People just aren't paying attention.charizard1605

I know they are great games and Im completely aware of those games but as I said is it the poeple's fault or Nintendo's for them to not pay any attention to those games?

If you want your new IPs to be known to the public Nintendo needs to push them as far as a Mario game when it comes to marketing.

They probably will this time around. The argument is not marketing, however The argument is Nintendo not making any new IPs. I just pointed out that they do.

They do make new IPs, but I'm sure most people are only arguing about major AAA ones from EAD and Miyamoto, which its been a little while since a high quality big budget new IP that caters to us. Not saying Xenoblade wasn't one in a sense, but they want one straight from the big guy.

Of course no one mentions that at all though, so it just makes the whole Ninty don't do new stuff thing more unbearable to talk about. You're basically preaching to the crowd that is implying something else entirely.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

But see, that would be ridiculous; it's like saying Sony or Microsoft have NEVER developed a new IP. Nintendo has Monolith, like you said. And Retro, Retro is probably working on something new. A game like The Wonderful 101 is a new Nintendo IP. They are doing new stuff, this isn't even counting their smaller digital projects, but they are trying; this E3 will show us more.charizard1605

Makes sense to me, i don't care how ridiculous it sounds, the human mind is bat sh*t crazy filled with bias, influences, ignorance, you name it.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
[QUOTE="MirkoS77"][QUOTE="Lucianu"]A new IP is always a risk. And from a company's standpoint, it's not cool to make a risk wen you can safely ride a succesful IP for all its worth. It's not a great perspective on things, but that's how the world works.DarkLink77

you just forgot a tiny note regarding kid icarus: it's a freaking shooter. they just grabbed the IP and slapped it on a third person shooter. it's nothing like KI for the NES, it can hardly be classified as a reimagining. it's a whole new thing, they just grabbed a familiar face that suited the gameplay.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="MirkoS77"]It's a crying shame. Nintendo has incredible talent and they stick to and hide behind proven IPs time and time again. Yet they take massive risks on hardware. Even so, considering the billions in their bank, their lack of experimentation and trying new things is shameful. Considering the amount of money they have and how many failed risks they could endure, I think it more boils down to simple laziness more than anything else.

I won't support a company that plays it safe, and I'm bored with Nintendo beyond tears. In my eyes they have become irellevant. These new announcements do excite me (mostly because AlttP and Yoshi's Island are two of my favorite games), but they beyond a doubt need new material. BrunoBRS

you just forgot a tiny note regarding kid icarus: it's a freaking shooter. they just grabbed the IP and slapped it on a third person shooter. it's nothing like KI for the NES, it can hardly be classified as a reimagining. it's a whole new thing, they just grabbed a familiar face that suited the gameplay.

Well, that comes my from the fact that I've never played either Kid Icarus game. :P But yeah, it just drives the point home.
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

It makes no sense to stop using their established ip. zeroyaoi

your sig

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] This is so beyond ridiculous I don't even know where to begin. Have we suddenly forgotten games like Metroid Prime, or Metroid: Other M, which were huge risks with the Metroid IP? Have we suddenly forgotten the four new IPs Monolith has made in the last seven years, and the fact that they are currently working on another one? Have we suddenly forgotten the numerous second party partnerships that Nintendo has undertaken in recent years with studios like Platinum, Ganbarion, Mistwalker, Team Ninja, Square, Camelot and numerous other studios that are bringing us tons of new IPs or significantly different spins on old ones? Have we forgotten the numerous downloadable titles that they've published digitally recently? Have we forgotten that they are constantly reinventing their older IPs? Have we forgotten that fans ask for those games? Has no one noticed the outcry for more F-Zero, more Star Fox, a sequel to Eternal Darkness, etc? Have we forgotten that they're more than willing to let an IP lie dormant if they don't have any ideas for it, such as the above, and other series like Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion, Donkey Kong, etc? But no, Nintendo is lazy. They don't change it up. They don't take risks. Goddamn, but do you people even live in the real world?

Well, that comes my from the fact that I've never played either Kid Icarus game. :P But yeah, it just drives the point home.

old one is kinda like megaman, but mostly vertical. new one is like fantasy vanquish, without the cover.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

They have a point while contradictory based on GS reviews the point still stands and the tone was a little pretentious but still they have a point.

Nintendo needs to depend on their brand studios instead of depending on their franchises because the days of publishers depending on a mascot to sell are almost over, fans loves Nintendo and they know every Nintendo developer/studio making their Marios and Zeldas....etc.

The mentality of "oh we're releasing this game as a Zelda to sell" should change, they should bring more variety to sell their consoles because lets face it if they want to be in the discussion of the broader audience they need to make something else. Let the studio stamp sell the game instead of relying of the franchise stamp on the box of the game just like what most developers do now.

People are buying this specifc game because it came from Valve, Naughty Dog, Konami, Capcom, Bioware, Bungie or Platinum Games...etc etc and people surely not buying it because of Master Chief ( well that's a factor too but still ) or Drake or Bayonetta.

Nintendo should still bring a main/major brand name to their portfolio like a console Mario, Zelda and Pokemon game every generation since that's what the core fans wants and that's how you build upon bringing the younger generations of fans.

But the rule should be only one game so they could concentrate their creativity to tackle the broader crowd who wants something more and different with new IPs and new trilogies every console generation.

HAZE-Unit
And yet again I repeat: if you want new Nintendo IPs, last generation they got us Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower. This generation we are already getting Wonderful 101 and Project X. We're getting new IPs. People just aren't paying attention.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 HAZE-Unit

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

The mentality of "oh we're releasing this game as a Zelda to sell" should change, they should bring more variety to sell their consoles because lets face it if they want to be in the discussion of the broader audience they need to make something else. Let the studio stamp sell the game instead of relying of the franchise stamp on the box of the game just like what most developers do now.

charizard1605

And yet again I repeat: if you want new Nintendo IPs, last generation they got us Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower. This generation we are already getting Wonderful 101 and Project X. We're getting new IPs. People just aren't paying attention.

I know they are great games and Im completely aware of those games but as I said is it the poeple's fault or Nintendo's for them to not pay any attention to those games?

If you want your new IPs to be known to the public Nintendo needs to push them as far as a Mario game when it comes to marketing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

HAZE-Unit

They probably will this time around. The argument is not marketing, however The argument is Nintendo not making any new IPs. I just pointed out that they do.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#174 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts
Funny, because the former sheep act more nostalgic than the current ones do.
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Nintendo has the biggest stable of proven IPs in the world. As long as they continue to give is all new experiences, and they do, it doesn't matter what they do.Pikminmaniac

Ninitendo is more creative and original with their old ips than their competition is with their new ips

I see you're suffering from a case of blinded by nostalgia. :lol:

Sony IPs: Shadow of the Collossus, Patapon, Siren, Uncharted, Crash, Jak, Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls, Gran Turismo, GOW, Wild Arms, LBP, Journey, inFamous and many new unreleased IPs like TLOU, Tear Away, Knack etc. 

Just look at the diversity and all of them are not only good games but some of them like Uncharted inspired a generation!

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]And yet again I repeat: if you want new Nintendo IPs, last generation they got us Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower. This generation we are already getting Wonderful 101 and Project X. We're getting new IPs. People just aren't paying attention.charizard1605

the issue with those 3 games you mentioned (Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower) they only catter to certain demographic... The weaboo demographic. Nintendo not only is lacking on new IPs but in diversity too. Just because the Wii had 1 or 2 new IPs means nothing. This gen alone Sony pumped more new IPs than Nintendo in the last 20 or so years.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

I stopped listening after a few minutes. It was completely asinine--what I would expect from McShea. He's pretty much arguing that, even though they add new, interesting gameplay mechanics, because they don't give it a new skin (ala GTA->Red Dead Redemption) with new characters, they're not innovating. I like IPs like anyone else, but if your new IP is just a rehash of the tired mechanics of your old game (imagine Epic ending the Gears franchise and then starting another 3rd person cover shooter), that "innovation" means nothing. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Gue1

the issue with those 3 games you mentioned (Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower) they only catter to certain demographic... The weaboo demographic. Nintendo not only is lacking on new IPs but in diversity too. Just because the Wii had 1 or 2 new IPs means nothing. This gen alone Sony pumped more new IPs than Nintendo in the last 20 or so years.

Nintendo has published over 40 IPs in the last twenty years, are you SURE Sony has made more than that in this generation alone? Are you positive?
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#179 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
One persons "problem" is another persons reason for buying said console, I know exactly what im going to get this gen.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 HAZE-Unit

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

But these factors are important! the games you've mentioned are not treated as much as a known Nintendo franchise in terms of budget of development and marketing thats why I've brought the point of the "broader audience discussion" in my original post.

Look how much of an impact the Gears of War series brought to the console industry thanks to "Epic Games" for example, those kinds of experiences should be done internally by Nintendo and Im not saying they should make another Gears of War but they should make something that is the next Gears of War.

Those games you've mentioned are not industry defining moments or as big of a discussion/anticipated as much as a Mario game, Nintendo should make changes within their best studios who repeatedly makes the next Mario, Zelda Metroid, Smash....etc.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#181 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Nintendo has the biggest stable of proven IPs in the world. As long as they continue to give is all new experiences, and they do, it doesn't matter what they do.Gue1

Ninitendo is more creative and original with their old ips than their competition is with their new ips

I see you're suffering from a case of blinded by nostalgia. :lol:

Considering you'll only praise Nintendo as if it regards into the SNES, I can say YOU are just as bad, Gue.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

I don't see that as a bad thing, personally.

There's a lot of old games I keep returning too while there are many new games that are just forgettable to me.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

charizard1605

Three isnt much to brag about. Two of those games aren't all that.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#184 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Goddamn, but do you people even live in the real world?DarkLink77
He spends too much time on PGD with Cynics Anonymous.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Capitan_Kid

Three isnt much to brag about. Two of those games aren't all that.

Which ones? The only one I can see a case being made for is Pandora's Tower.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#186 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Do all mario games relesed have a story?? or are they liked just because of the gameplay?? im kind of interested to know about this lol

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 BrunoBRS

Do all mario games relesed have a story?? or are they liked just because of the gameplay?? im kind of interested to know about this lol

finalstar2007
mario platformers are all about the gameplay. the little plot they have is just an excuse for you to go through a bunch of cool, varied levels and experience platforming at its best.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

finalstar2007

Story in the Mario games is pretty un-important.

So yes, they are praised because of the gameplay. (read: excellent and creative level design)

If you want more story in the Mario universe, you should try the SM RPG & Paper Mario series. (which are all "lighthearted" RPGs but have a charm of their own)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

finalstar2007
Depends on what Mario games we are talking about; the mainline platforming series has no story or narrative beyond the bare minimum. Very obviously, neither do the Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Mario Party, and Mario Golf games. The Mario RPGs- Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, Mario and Luigi- do, and they have some really good story and dialog to boot.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

Don't even suggest a Mario RPG, I could not think of a less appealing game.

DarkLink77

Uhh.. Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars are good RPGs.

This. That statement was f*cking stupid and you should feel bad, Matt.

I do not feel bad, so shoot me. And no just no to both those titles mentioned.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 HAZE-Unit

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Lucianu"]

Uhh.. Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars are good RPGs.

_Matt_

This. That statement was f*cking stupid and you should feel bad, Matt.

Dude, if you want to talk about bad don't mention Super Mario RPG, that game was one of the best RPGs ever created.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="Novotine"]It's not like this is news. Nintendo cashes in on Nostalgia - they had some awesome franchises back in the 90s; they've failed to move on. charizard1605

Nintendo doesn't even know how to make games in HD yet.

Good game design>>>>F*cking HD

Mature games with realistic graphics good game design >>>>>>>>> cartoons with good design

Would I rather play Mass Effect(just an example) or save the princess for the 100th time.

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

I honestly could not imagine myself getting home and sitting down to play Mario. I'm sure I will buy Nintendo systems again when I have children around 5 or 6 years old.

StrongBlackVine

So, you wont ever be buying a Nintendo console then... Got it.

LOL the only way you will ever mate is if you hook up with that ugly rodent in your sig!

LOL n1gga U funny!

ImJESUS-PROam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 ImJESUS-PROam
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] This. That statement was f*cking stupid and you should feel bad, Matt.HAZE-Unit

Dude, if you want to talk about bad don't mention Super Mario RPG, that game was one of the best RPGs ever created.

Your User Name is HAZE you have no taste in games if you think SMrpg is one of the best jrpgs ever created.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

I dont have a problem with them

3DS is now one of my best consoles of all time and in the unique position to be the first console in the world that has a FF and a Zelda game in one single platform

Actually maybe it has more, since it could get multiple new Zeldas and Bravely Default 2

It is gaminh heaven

WiiU is garbage though, but Nintendo is doing better than ever with 3DS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

I dont have a problem with them

3DS is now one of my best consoles of all time and in the unique position to be the first console in the world that has a FF and a Zelda game in one single platform

Actually maybe it has more, since it could get multiple new Zeldas and Bravely Default 2

It is gaminh heaven

WiiU is garbage though, but Nintendo is doing better than ever with 3DS

loosingENDS
Uhhhhh... SNES? NES?
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#197 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

A good game is a good game. I don't care if they use the same ips.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

A good game is a good game. I don't care if they use the same ips.

cain006
Sure, u can just keep playing the same games, slightly updated with the old current gens hardware as the new hardware, every gen, That like never gets old, nintendo is so on the cutting edge. They haven't lost a single step.
cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

ImJESUS-PROam

Your User Name is HAZE you have no taste in games if you think SMrpg is one of the best jrpgs ever created.

I'd take a mario rpg (whether it's Paper Mario, Mario and Luigi, or SMRPG) and its comical dialogue over the usual JRPG trash that spews out of Japan. 

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

People are sick of Nintendos 1980s baby boomer Saturday morning cartoon lineup.Â