BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

I was just thinking of some games that I wish I hadn't played when they first released or were bad/not ideal on a certain platform.

Mortal Kombat - Played it on Super Nintendo, but there was no blood like the Genesis version.

GTA V - Played it on 360 when it was not yet announced for PC. The shit frame rate really bothered me and ruined my enjoyment of the campaign. I never even bothered with GTA online until the PC version. I will not be making this mistake for RDR 2 and I will hold out for the PC version.

Alan Wake - Was 360 exclusive that later came to PC.

Fable - Was Xbox exclusive that later came to PC.

Ryse - Was X1 exclusive that later came to PC.

Zelda BOTW - Played it on Switch when it launched, but the PC emulator version is so much better with 60fps, higher resolutions and mod support. There is even a mod where the weapons don't break!

Shadow of the Colossus HD - I bought this when it came out and only recently played it on my PS3 (played the original PS2 classic). The beautiful 60fps remaster came out on PS4 about a year after I played it. DOH!

What are some games that you regret playing on a certain platform?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

FF XV on PS4 even if it was less than 1h.

GTA V on PS3

Dark Souls on Xbox 360

Half-Life 2 on Xbox

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Nop.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

That's why I like to hold off. I'm glad I waited on Final Fantasy with the PC release coming shortly; despite the mixed reviews I've heard on the game I still want to give it a go. Same with my Playstation 4. I want to get into Persona 5 but I hear it'll make it's way onto PC. Rather wait until that happens. Keeping my Playstation 4 strictly for exclusives I know won't come out for PC.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts

Skyrim (XBOX 360) Bethesda games aren't PC exclusives but might as well be.

GTA V (XBOX 360) Timed exclusive

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#6 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I tend to avoid playing games on consoles if there is even like a 50% chance of it coming to PC later.

I guess Nioh comes to mind but it ran at least above 30fps on the PS4. I can't think of anything else

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

Got COD WW2 for the XBone, even though I own PS4's. I'm sure the Pro and X versions are indivisible by the naked eye- but waiting an extra month for content sure sucks as nice as the Elite controller is and all.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Regret playing, no. But I did buy some titles on wrong platforms, and went on to fix that mistake later. Bayo 1, RDR, SotC, Trails in the Sky, etc.

I guess one game that I do regret is Arkham Knight on PC. That game is still f*cking broken on PC. And Ninja Gaiden on Vita.

@BassMan said:
There is even a mod where the weapons don't break!

What a pussy thing to do. I thought PC players call themselves hardcore and shit.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Microsoft Flight Simulator X on my Phenom II X2 720 BE DIY PC back in 2010. Anyone remember when I posted a screenshot of it at 1 FPS? ;)

I remember posting a second screenshot with the frame rate at 5 FPS.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Basically anything before releasing on PC. Of course, there are game where I wouldn't give up the instant gratification of playing them (ME series), but i'll largely take the improved quality.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BassMan  Online

@funsohng said:

Regret playing, no. But I did buy some titles on wrong platforms, and went on to fix that mistake later. Bayo 1, RDR, SotC, Trails in the Sky, etc.

I guess one game that I do regret is Arkham Knight on PC. That game is still f*cking broken on PC. And Ninja Gaiden on Vita.

@BassMan said:

What a pussy thing to do. I thought PC players call themselves hardcore and shit.

Arkham Knight may not be perfect on PC, but it is now vastly superior to the console version. As for Zelda... I finished it on Switch, so I played it as designed. However, I never liked the weapon breaking bullshit. I also got rid of the item carrying/weight limit in The Witcher 3. hehe :)

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@BassMan: You are a disgrace to us PC gamers.

And no, Arkham Knight still has random stutters. I played it 6 months ago.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BassMan  Online

@funsohng said:

@BassMan: You are a disgrace to us PC gamers.

And no, Arkham Knight still has random stutters. I played it 6 months ago.

LOL, no. Quite the opposite. I make the most of the PC platform. Why limit yourself to design decisions you don't agree with? On PC you can do something about it. :)

AK runs well for me. Only get less than ideal performance in the Batmobile, but still better than console.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

The games I regret playing on a certain systems are:

• Grand Theft Auto V on PS3
  • Metal Gear Rising on PS3
  • Witcher 3 on both Xbox One & PS4 and my reasons for playing the console versions was for review purpose on another site.
  • Titanfall on Xbox One
  • Bayonetta on Xbox 360
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Maybe Nioh, but I'm glad I played it when I did instead of waiting for fall. I still plan on getting it on the PC eventually though.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

Fallout 4. Bought it on my PS4 and hated it. It wasn't until I got it for PC that I really got into it.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Yeah, happens not infrequently. AC: Unity, Batman Arkham Knight, and Wolfenstein II were all riddled with issues at launch and turned me off from playing them completely. Wolfenstein II supposedly should work but I keep having issues with my old save and I haven't been motivated yet to start over. The others, though, never recovered to a point of competency.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#18 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

Tales of Vesperia on 360; The 360 got the RROD when I was hooked and well it hasn't been released once again.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AcidTango  Online
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

@BassMan:

Yeah I also had the SNES version of Mortal Kombat as well. I use to be jealous as a kid when my friends had the Genesis version and there was blood and gore in it and I was really annoyed that the SNES didn't have it. Thankfully Mortal Kombat II was uncensored when it was released on the SNES. Also as for Red Dead Redemption 2 I really hope that it comes out for PC since the first one never did. I played RDR 1 recently on my PS3 and man did it hurt my eyes. Not only was the game blurry to me but the fps is terrible as well. I forgot how bad some games ran on last gen consoles since I'm use to playing games on PC these days. I'm sure RDR2 will be fine on current consoles but still I would rather have a PC version instead.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

GTA 5 on ps3

Any batman game from rocksteady. wish i got them on pc instead

Crysis 2 &3 for ps3

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Vanquish on PS3. I bought the game a couple months before the steam announcement.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#22 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

No "regrets" per se, but some games I did have annoyances with, despite the fun I had with them.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#23 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69444 Posts

Console games on PC. I don't like an inferior experience.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24 onesiphorus  Online
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

In all my years in gaming, I never have regret in playing a game on a certain platform. I mostly enjoy what games I played regardless of the system.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@BassMan: Final fantasy XV on ps4.

Actually, just change that to Final Fantasy XV, regardless of platform lol.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Final Fantasy XIII - Bought this game to ask for a PC version of FFXV. Fast forward to now and with Secret of Mana costing $45 and FF12 costing as much as XV, i'm more willing to accept that Square-Enix will drop their PC support moving on from FF15

Cladun X2 - If Saints Row 2 makes Grand Theft Auto 4 look like a good port, then NIS' first attempt at a PC game made Saints Row 2 look like a good port. Also didn't help that this game's the reason why the Japanese PC scene will never amount to anything more than just a series of glorified petitions to be signed with credit card transactions, even when games like Tales of Berseria, Final Fantasy XV, Nioh and Metal Gear Solid V have convinced everyone to think otherwise.

Brink - TBH, i'd rather pay money on an overpriced re-release of Enemy Territory: Quake Wars than Brink for free. I don't get why Splash Damage is unwilling to re-release ETQW, except replace Activision's servers with the Steamworks DRM and Activision's logo with Bethesda's.

Mount&Blade: With Fire and Sword - Thought that this game would actually take off, and while the use of archaic firearms had a good amount of appeal behind it, I later found out that this was one of the few games where you actually bought an overpriced TF2 hat that came with a complimentary game. Also, I later ended up playing Warband for the Team Deathmatch rather than for the singleplayer campaign. I get the feeling that Bannerlord will end up becoming something similar to Warband in that you'd buy it for the singleplayer, only to stay for the multiplayer component.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

I regret playing:

- Call of Duty post Modern Warfare 1 games on PC because they are console ports, lousy ones at best.

- GTA IV on Xbox 360

- GTA V on PS3

I don't regret playing Alan Wake on 360 as I absolutely adored that game.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@BassMan said:

LOL, no. Quite the opposite. I make the most of the PC platform. Why limit yourself to design decisions you don't agree with? On PC you can do something about it. :)

Well, it does sound like a point losers and cheaters would make. Hey, why limit myself to those stupid design choices of not being able to see through walls and having to aim by myself when I can just use aimbots and wallhacks, right? Lulz.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

Never ever played any fighting game on pc and never will!!!

As i never played fps on consoles, to each their own they say ^^

And i don't give a shit about the 30/60 fps mantra so no regrets whatsoever!!!

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Dragon's Dogma ps3, it's literally worse than Dark Souls

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Wolfenstein TNO. I was gonna play it on PC but somebody gift me a PS4 copy. I had forgotten how trash analog sticks are for aiming, didn't enjoy the game much.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

BF4 on 360 when the Xbox one launched not too long after.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BassMan  Online

@nethernova said:
@BassMan said:

Well, it does sound like a point losers and cheaters would make. Hey, why limit myself to those stupid design choices of not being able to see through walls and having to aim by myself when I can just use aimbots and wallhacks, right? Lulz.

Single player mods and multiplayer cheats/hacks are very different things. Sure, they both involve modifying files, but that is where it ends. I would never cheat in a competitive MP game, but I use mods in single player games that enhance my enjoyment of a game. That includes graphical enhancements, fixing bugs, or altering certain design choices by the developers. Just take a look at Dark Souls on PC. That game was garbage until modders made it vastly superior to the console version. Games like Skyrim and the GTA games have come out with amazing mods that greatly altered and improved the games. The great thing is that this is all by choice. Someone can play the vanilla version if they want, but they are not limited to it if they don't want to be.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58928 Posts

Resident Evil 4's original PC port, and the problems associated with it, soured my first impressions. Thankfully that's all rectified.

I also prefer the mouse and keyboard controls of GTA 3/VC with manual aim over the PS2's auto-lock. It's graphically superior as well obv. Not that the playing it first on the PS2 was a bad experience.

The default Mega-Drive controller didn't suit SF:II. Playing it after the SNES felt off.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Not a regret, but had I known that a PC version of Nioh was coming in the same year, would have held off for that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

I don't really regret playing games that I enjoy. If I enjoy playing them, I'll play them again on another platform that is able to execute the play experience even better.

I'm not really the type of gamer who enjoys playing a game solely for a one and done experience. If I like a game, I have no problem playing it more than once.

Although, I always like to know first what platforms a game is coming to. For instance, I know MH World is coming to PC so I am holding off to play it there.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

@Pedro said:

Yepperzzzz... X1X MasterRace is the only way to go. :P

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

I played Dark Souls on PS3 when that released. I don't regret it, but the PC version was miles better when DSfix came out.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

C & C, Red Alert and expansions on PS1: Low resolution, slowed to a crawl, no saves, bad icon art, harder to control
Red Faction on PS2: Blurry, low resolution, really hard to aim

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nintendoboy16

@funsohng said:

@BassMan said:

Funny he says that, when he would probably back mods where Skyrim would be played like Morrowind, which would include weapon/armor degradation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41  Edited By deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

Spiderman 2 on PC. It was much different than the game than the PS2/GC/Xbox versions.

Loading Video...

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#42 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Every console version of a game, but then again back then I was a fanboy so I can't exactly say i regret playing those games.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger

@nintendoboy16 said:
@funsohng said:

@BassMan said:

Funny he says that, when he would probably back mods where Skyrim would be played like Morrowind, which would include weapon/armor degradation.

I'm an advocate of mods that abolish the consolized leveled loot systems of Skyrim, but only a mindless drone would want weapon degradation in a game. It adds nothing of value and has been a poor design decision in every implementation in the past 20 years. Only an ideological fanboy would argue in favor of such a mechanic because they have no choice but to suckle from you-know-what at the behest of their masters.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

I wouldn't say regret but Evil Within's frame rate is terrible on PS4. Wish I could've played the game on more powerful hardware.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@Pedro said:

I'll play along,

Give us a laugh and list some of these "console games" that are inferior on PC.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Pretty much any game on a console.

Luckily those are few and far between.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger

@GarGx1 said:
@Pedro said:

I'll play along,

Batman Arkham Knight

/list

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nintendoboy16

@GarGx1 said:
@Pedro said:

I'll play along,

Arkham Knight

Sonic Adventure

007: Nightfire

BloodRayne 1 and 2

Spider-Man 2

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Johnny-n-Roger

@nintendoboy16 said:
@GarGx1 said:
@Pedro said:

I'll play along,

Arkham Knight

Sonic Adventure

007: Nightfire

BloodRayne 1 and 2

Spider-Man 2

Which of these are you suggesting are "good" games?

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50  Edited By Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

- Borderlands 2 on PS Vita is damn near unplayable unless you have the L2/R2 attachment.

- Destiny on PS3 was straight trash. Bought it on PS4 and discovered that it's trash no matter how you play it smh

- Skyrim on PS3 because for some reason I refuse to buy it again lol