Games you like that most people hate.

• 190 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6700 posts) -
Dynasty Warriors is one of my favorite game series of all time. Most people think its repetitive but it doesnt feel that way to me. Characters and stories in it are awesome. I guess im a sucker for exaggerated chinese history. Hyper dimension neptunia mk 2 is another game I liked. It had a good enough battle system for me. What about you?
#2 Posted by tagyhag (15874 posts) -
Used to like Dynasty Warriors, now it really does feel repetitive after playing Sengoku Basara. Dynasty Warriors Empires is still cool though. I think that's the only game series.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
#3 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

Resistance.

#4 Posted by finalstar2007 (27951 posts) -

Call of Duty, the best FPS i have played, love it so much and i'll keep buying the series every year.. sadly people ( on the internet ) are blinded and dont see how good it is so they hate on it to increase their self confidence or something :P

#5 Posted by parkurtommo (28295 posts) -

RDR, I "like" Lost Planet 2 but it's still not anything fantastic lol, Mirror's Edge, it get's a lot of "meh, it was ok but not great" comments here...

#6 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9869 posts) -

Metroid: Other M - That game got an unbelievable amount of hate.

#7 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6700 posts) -
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]Used to like Dynasty Warriors, now it really does feel repetitive after playing Sengoku Basara. Dynasty Warriors Empires is still cool though. I think that's the only game series.

If you ever have the spare cash, get Warriors Orochi 3. Its a combination of Samurai Warriors and Dynasty Warriors. Its got around 100 characters and they made them unique. You might like it. No english voices though
#8 Posted by parkurtommo (28295 posts) -

Call of Duty, the best FPS i have played, love it so much and i'll keep buying the series every year.. sadly people are blinded and dont see how good it is so they hate on it to increase their self confidence or something :P

finalstar2007
What are you talking about, CoD is the most overrated franhcise ever, in the real world of course. Here it's not so loved, and rightfully so god damnit :x
#9 Posted by bbkkristian (14971 posts) -
Ocarina of Time; Cows mad.
#10 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6700 posts) -
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Call of Duty, the best FPS i have played, love it so much and i'll keep buying the series every year.. sadly people are blinded and dont see how good it is so they hate on it to increase their self confidence or something :P

parkurtommo
What are you talking about, CoD is the most overrated franhcise ever, in the real world of course. Here it's not so loved, and rightfully so god damnit :x

Lol this. I dont think a multimillion dollar selling franchise is a hated one. :P
#11 Posted by free_milk (3903 posts) -

Call of Duty, the best FPS i have played, love it so much and i'll keep buying the series every year.. sadly people ( on the internet ) are blinded and dont see how good it is so they hate on it to increase their self confidence or something :P

finalstar2007
we dont hate call of duty your just a casual western gamer who follows the media.
#12 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -
Uncharted 1 is my favorite game this generation.
#13 Posted by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -
Crysis 2
#14 Posted by slowpokebro (572 posts) -
my friends hate SSBMelee because I kick their ass.
#15 Posted by tagyhag (15874 posts) -
[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]Used to like Dynasty Warriors, now it really does feel repetitive after playing Sengoku Basara. Dynasty Warriors Empires is still cool though. I think that's the only game series.

If you ever have the spare cash, get Warriors Orochi 3. Its a combination of Samurai Warriors and Dynasty Warriors. Its got around 100 characters and they made them unique. You might like it. No english voices though

I had Orochi 2, there's just too much grinding for everything for my liking. :P
#16 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Metroid Other M

Call of Duty

Final Fantasy XIII

Spyborgs

Fable

I'm sure there's several more.

#17 Posted by freedomfreak (51271 posts) -

Dynasty Warriors is awesome.

We also need a new Kessen game.

#18 Posted by free_milk (3903 posts) -

RDR, I "like" Lost Planet 2 but it's still not anything fantastic lol, Mirror's Edge, it get's a lot of "meh, it was ok but not great" comments here...

parkurtommo
people hate red dead redemption??? also mirror edge is kinda loved on this bored people say its a good game they dont hate it
#19 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

Most Musou games. Dynasty Warriors, Warriors Orochi, Sengoku Basara, etc.

#20 Posted by finalstar2007 (27951 posts) -

Metroid Other M

Call of Duty

Final Fantasy XIII

Spyborgs

Fable

Michael0134567

Agreed with this.. FFXIII-2 also a great game that many people seem to hate or not interested in, i played that game till i got the platinum, it was that fun

#21 Posted by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

MGS4

Uncharted

Yakuza

Everybody in SW hate the first 2 because they are jelly and they don't even care about the 3rd one because it has no hype or payed reviews for a 90/100 on metacritic.

#23 Posted by freedomfreak (51271 posts) -

Oh yeah. Yakuza is boss,but I don't know if there are people that hate it.

#24 Posted by OhJayDubya (1173 posts) -
Metal Gear Solid 4.
#25 Posted by bbkkristian (14971 posts) -
my friends hate SSBMelee because I kick their ass.slowpokebro
Nice friends you got there :P Your sig is hilarious :lol:
#26 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
This gen.....Final Fantasy XIII
#27 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6700 posts) -

timmy00
Its tough being a non japanese speaking musou fan. WO2 Z SW 3 HD version and sengoku basara 3 utage will probably never get localized
#28 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Metroid Other M

Call of Duty

Final Fantasy XIII

Spyborgs

Fable

finalstar2007

Agreed with this.. FFXIII-2 also a great game that many people seem to hate or not interested in, i played that game till i got the platinum, it was that fun

Oh my god,we agree on some things :P.I feel Final Fantasy XIII has gotten better as it's gone along.I'm now on Chapter 9 and it's getting better :).
#29 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
This is just based off my impressions from around here, not everyone in existence. Halo: Reach Don't recall much talk about the game in general since it came out. I could be wrong, but I do recall a fair bit of disappointment regarding the campaign and multiplayer. Me on the other hand... well, I adore the game. It was, to me, a significant step up from H3, in pretty much every way (can't comment on the MP though). All the everything was just better... the guns, the enemies (though I do miss the high-pitched Grunt voices) the vehicles, the level design... everything is just tighter, significantly more detailed and absolutely beautiful to look at. It defines what a "serious" game can look like in a saturated, colorful world, without having to resort to dull color and jam splatter. The story is pretty run of the mill, but they do a good job setting the mood and selling it. To the point of making me want to read the novel. NIER There are a lot of people who enjoyed it, but on the whole it was not well-received. I thought it was amazing, and had a story that finally showed us that video games can have a quality narrative. It had issues, and oversights (text adventure instead of cutscenes or basic dialogue? lazy...) but was an exceptional game nonetheless. I really found myself attached to all the characters, and still remember them, despite playing many games since. Driver: San Francisco Not so much people hated it, so much as they DIDN'T F*CKING PLAY IT. The Driver series comes back with a huge bang, and nobody really notices. The game (despite quirks of no night or weather driving) was outstanding in terms of design and execution. This is the kind of game people should be begging developers to make more of... not the same game they've played three times in the same series already. Something that reinvents not only the genre, but the series. And it gets ignored to the point of probably being commercially unsuccessful. Shameful.
#30 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

Capitan_Kid

Its tough being a non japanese speaking musou fan. WO2 Z SW 3 HD version and sengoku basara 3 utage will probably never get localized

Yeah I had to import Utage. Still gotta play more of it though. :l and I would've loved playing as this guy in Warriors Orochi.

[spoiler] WO3S_-_Seimei_Abe.jpg [/spoiler] but hey at least we're getting games.

#31 Posted by freedomfreak (51271 posts) -

NIER Zeviander

i bought that because you kept going on about it.

I finished it yesterday and I agree, it's amazing. Story,characters,soundtrack..I mean,what a fvcking good soundtrack.

Even the environments look cool. Seaside was probably my favorite.

#32 Posted by finalstar2007 (27951 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Metroid Other M

Call of Duty

Final Fantasy XIII

Spyborgs

Fable

Michael0134567

Oh my god,we agree on some things :P.I feel Final Fantasy XIII has gotten better as it's gone along.I'm now on Chapter 9 and it's getting better :).

wait till you play FFXIII-2.. that game was a masterpiece, it had the perfect story, perfect setting, perfect soundtrack, perfect trophies, perfect battle system and list goes.. my personal RPG Of The Year ( Tales of Graces F comes right after it )

#33 Posted by heretrix (37792 posts) -

Crackdown.

#34 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
i bought that because you kept going on about it. I finished it yesterday and I agree, it's amazing. Story,characters,soundtrack..I mean,what a fvcking good soundtrack. Even the environments look cool. Seaside was probably my favorite.freedomfreak
:D Something about how each one of those areas was designed, despite the fact they were very dull and sparse in terms of design, felt very artistic. Seaside had outstanding atmosphere. And yes, the soundtrack, how could I forget!? Now I want to pull it out and get to the second playthrough. Every time I talk about it... >_>
#36 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6700 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]i bought that because you kept going on about it. I finished it yesterday and I agree, it's amazing. Story,characters,soundtrack..I mean,what a fvcking good soundtrack. Even the environments look cool. Seaside was probably my favorite.Zeviander
:D Something about how each one of those areas was designed, despite the fact they were very dull and sparse in terms of design, felt very artistic. Seaside had outstanding atmosphere. And yes, the soundtrack, how could I forget!? Now I want to pull it out and get to the second playthrough. Every time I talk about it... >_>

Second playthrough lets you understand what the shades are saying. Totally worth it.
#37 Posted by Riadon2 (1598 posts) -

There aren't any that I can think of, I tend to try to stay away from hated games.

#38 Posted by lilasianwonder (5982 posts) -

Quest 64.

#39 Posted by FireSpirit117 (1926 posts) -
I still like CoD to an extent The singleplayers are pretty fun even if the stories are garbage. I haven't touched the mp in a CoD game since MW2 so no comment there.
#41 Posted by Sun_Universe (312 posts) -

Resident Evil 5.

#42 Posted by SilverChimera (9256 posts) -
I enjoyed fallout 3 generally speaking.
#43 Posted by Naylord (847 posts) -

I love Metal Gear Solid 4. I think it did just about everything perfectly.

#44 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

GTA 4 and Halo.

#45 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7329 posts) -

Fable

FF XIII-2 which is weird since I though XIII was garbage but XIII-2 was great imo.

#46 Posted by bowserjr123 (2478 posts) -

Rogue Squadron 3 Rebel Strike, I liked it better than Rogue Leader :P.

I also really liked Star Fox Assault, the multiplayer was lots of fun.

#47 Posted by drinkerofjuice (4567 posts) -
Grand Theft Auto IV
#48 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
You haven't done a second playthrough yet? Get on that man, you're going to love the game even more once you see how it handles NG+.Slashkice
I've been meaning to... other things and games just keep getting in the way. Plus, I kinda want it for the PS3 rather than the 360 (the version I own). That, and it's been a while since I played it, so I may have to start over. I keep making excuses, I know.
#49 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

Final Fantasy XIII

#50 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

Fable

Metroid Prime Hunters DS

Mod nation Racers