SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 34842 Posts

I'm playing Lost Judgement and that's putting me in the mood for a good mystery lol. I'm enjoying the story so far and it's making me want to keep playing to learn more. So that got me thinking, what games have a good mystery plot? Which ones did you enjoy, SW?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Mesome713  Online
Member since 2019 • 2109 Posts

Luigis Mansion. Wheres a Mario? Mario?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 9980 Posts

theres a game I read about in an article recently called 12 minutes that released on gamepass a couple months back. I played it and enjoyed it *for the most part*. Its pretty interesting game I think you should check out. I don't want to spoil anything so I won't say too much about it.

Basically you're stuck in a time loop that keeps resetting after 12 minutes, and you have to try and figure out whats going on.

Its an xbox exclusive for now, but I heard it will also release for ps5 and switch soon.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: It’s funny you mention that because reading up on the comments in NintendoLife, you’d think it was a really bad game. I initially thought it was a brilliant concept.

It’s definitely a good game, waiting to get it if it ever gets to Good old Games one day.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 39318 Posts

I’m on the second Great Ace Attorney episode now and Narohodo is, once again, the main culprit.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 52128 Posts

Unavowed, I guess.

Not a genre I play a lot of but Unavowed had me hooked for a while. Good voice acting, retro feel but still good for present day, nice art style, good writing.

Plus it's only like five or ten dollars.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 8393 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Unavowed, I guess.

Not a genre I play a lot of but Unavowed had me hooked for a while. Good voice acting, retro feel but still good for present day, nice art style, good writing.

Plus it's only like five or ten dollars.

Yeah Unavowed was surprisingly good. I think it was a random game pass grab for me.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 9980 Posts

@outworld222: its a bit different for sure and I'm with you on the concept that it's refreshing.

I had to use a guide to progress because I found it a bit too difficult. I can see why people would shit on the game though just based on story elements.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidGame_basic

@R4gn4r0k said:

I’m on the second Great Ace Attorney episode now and Narohodo is, once again, the main culprit.

lol Herlock Sholmes

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By outworld222

@SolidGame_basic: I would say get Ace Attorney Investigations 1. It’s devided into 5 episodes, and each had good mysteries by itself. You do happen to have a ds or 3DS right?? Edit: it’s also avavilable on IOS.

@blaznwiipspman1: yeah, agreed, however the comments were misguided in the sense that they didn’t like the game based solely on subject matter which in mind happens to be very stupid reasoning.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#11 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 16408 Posts

Portopia Serial Murder Case

Alundra

Shadow of Memories

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Higurashi: When They Cry

Steins Gate

Danganronpa

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidGame_basic

@outworld222 said:

@SolidGame_basic: I would say get Ace Attorney Investigations 1. It’s devided into 5 episodes, and each had good mysteries by itself. You do happen to have a ds or 3DS right?? Edit: it’s also avavilable on IOS.

@blaznwiipspman1: yeah, agreed, however the comments were misguided in the sense that they didn’t like the game based solely on subject matter which in mind happens to be very stupid reasoning.

good to know it's on mobile. looks like it's on Android too. the only Ace Attorney game I've played is Chronicles which I've only started playing recently. I finished the first chapter.

@Jag85 said:

Alundra

Shadow of Memories

Steins Gate

Danganronpa

Never thought I'd see Alundra in this thread lol. That's interesting. Never got to play that game, though I think I own a PS1 digital copy.

I played Steins Gate last year and I became a fan of the franchise. I will say though the best parts were the beginning and middle parts of the story.

Danganronpa, I've beaten 1 and 2. But I want to play 3. I have Decadence on my wish list!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 39318 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: yeah I was cracking up.

He is also the worst investigator ever as he blames the wrong culprit :p

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 outworld222

@SolidGame_basic: GAA chronicles?? How are you liking the franchise so far as a first time player??

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolidGame_basic

@outworld222 said:

@SolidGame_basic: GAA chronicles?? How are you liking the franchise so far as a first time player??

I like it, I find it charming and light hearted in its own weird way and I really like the humor. It's funny because my first visual novel experience was with Danganronpa which is like crazy and extreme lol.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jag85
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Jag85 said:

Alundra

Shadow of Memories

Steins Gate

Danganronpa

Never thought I'd see Alundra in this thread lol. That's interesting. Never got to play that game, though I think I own a PS1 digital copy.

I played Steins Gate last year and I became a fan of the franchise. I will say though the best parts were the beginning and middle parts of the story.

Danganronpa, I've beaten 1 and 2. But I want to play 3. I have Decadence on my wish list!

I figured that might raise some eyebrows. After all, it looks like a typical Zelda-style action-adventure on the surface. But in reality, Alundra's story is a murder mystery in a fantasy setting. Its story is quite unique, set in a village where some villagers are killed in their dreams and the protagonist Alundra enters their dreams to figure out what's going on (this was decades before Inception). It's one of my favourite video game stories of all time.

That's good to know. Steins Gate is definitely one of my favourite sci-fi stories of all time.

And yeah, I agree Danganronpa is quite crazy and extreme. That was my initial thoughts too when I was first introduced to it.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SolidGame_basic

@Jag85: I feel like games like Alundra wouldn't exist today unless it was an indie

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 8180 Posts

Silent Hill Shattered Memories

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#19 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 49066 Posts

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14373 Posts

The Suicide of Rachel Foster

I really dug that game

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jag85

@SolidGame_basic: Even back then, it was overlooked for being a 2D game in a 3D era. Not much has changed in that regard. But if it was remade in 3D, it could work. The only real barrier today would probably be the difficult puzzles, something you don't see much of nowadays.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 outworld222

@SolidGame_basic: Just started Axiom Verge 2 and I would say, despite being a platformer, it’s storyline has got mysterious all over the place. Even the music is mysterious. Very good game.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 1994 Posts

Tetris. I still haven't figured out the story-line and I have never found the final boss.

Ok, silly jokes aside, my best pick is Silent Hill. Mysterious AND creepy at the same time. Just the way I like it.

The very first Resident Evil game was also mysterious. Before I knew about Umbrella and when I entered that mansion I was wondering what the hell was going on.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 13797 Posts

The Missing JJ Macfield and the Island of Memories

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 29685 Posts

Throwing in Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (NDS) here. It wus good.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 16724 Posts

Scooby Doo Mystery

Loading Video...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jag85

@pmanden: Good point about Silent Hill and the original Resident Evil. You could say a lot of horror stories are also mystery stories to an extent.