Games that you were de-hyped for after e3

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, man what a buzz kill

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@davillain- said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Exactly these 3. That's curious. The only difference is that I'm kind of done with Cuphead. I don't really want to play it anymore.

My only fear is, I'm seeing Cuphead becoming another No Man's Sky situation and I'm very caution with the game this time around. Not gonna buy it on launch until I see legit reviews first.

Cuphead is an odd one, it just looked like a simple 2D scrolling indie game with cool art-style and animations. No Man's Sky was making unrealistic/undeliverable promises. I'm not sure that is the case here.

It actually does look cool, and nothing has changed in that regard. But I have no idea what is taking so long. Unless the whole thing was a sham. I guess maybe what they showed years ago was only 1 level and they might have ambitions of making many levels (i.e. a full length game, perhaps a full retail game?). Hopefully it doesn't end up as some type of bait and switch.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

The rumored Ubisoft pirate game turned out to be MP focused with no land gameplay.... I mean wtf. The cool thing about AC: Black Flags was how you could transition between land and sea without loading. Mix it up and do a little of both. Oh well.

FarCry 5 was underwhelming imo. The big feature was an expanded gun for hire system. Why would I want npc:s to take out other npc:s? Rest of the game looked like standard FarCry stuff, very little innovation. But I saw a bit of aircombat and it seems pretty fun.

Finally Spiderman. Seems like a game that constantly takes away control to show cool stuff. Not just the QTE:s but all the time in gameplay as well, with very long takedown animations in stealth for example.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#54 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

I didn't have any really high expectations for anything at E3, but I got to play Fire Emblem Warriors when I was there and thought it was a meh game.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

I wasn't hyped for many of the e3 games. Maybe MvC Inf, but yeah, I'm kinda strapped for time to practice a marvel-type game AND Tekken.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

Getting "de-hype" from posters not interested to play in that game at the first place. Classic System Wars.

lllll1lll2ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By lllll1lll2ll
Member since 2017 • 107 Posts

MVCi. The game's looking like straight up dogshit.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Nothing honestly. Everything I was already interested in, looked even better after this showing, everything I didn't care about didn't change my mind.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#59 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Beyond Good and Evil 2 got me excited, but I don't know if I want that to happen now.

Probably won't.

For me, BGE2 was slowly losing my interest, but that trailer drew the line for me. Not only do I fear another Duke Nukem Forever or Last Guardian out of it, it feels like Ubi is re-enacting Warrior Within.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#60 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I didn't have high expectations for anything going into E3. EA and Activision were lame as always. I only saw 2 or 3 games I liked.

leonkennedy97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 leonkennedy97
Member since 2017 • 83 Posts

I love the lemmings naming every PS exclusive they were never going to buy.

Me personally it would be MvCI. The marvel cast looks pitiful.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@leonkennedy97 said:

I love the lemmings naming every PS exclusive they were never going to buy.

Me personally it would be MvCI. The marvel cast looks pitiful.

And yet you conveniently left out the cows who said Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, Ori etc.

What is it with you and all these other cow alts coming out since E3???

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

Dad of War,

Destiny 2

leonkennedy97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 leonkennedy97

@i_p_daily: Perhaps you should look at the thread again. And im hardly a cow, Lems and hermits have been on a circle jerk fest since E3 yet at the end of the day Sony showed the most games.

Notice how i didn't list any of the games you mentioned.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@leonkennedy97 said:

@i_p_daily: Perhaps you should look at the thread again. And im hardly a cow, Lems and hermits have been on a circle jerk fest since E3 yet at the end of the day Sony showed the most games.

Notice how i didn't list any of the games you mentioned.

No you called out lems for picking Sony games, but yet you never called out cows for picking MS games, signs of one being a cow.

Now you're talking about lems and hermits circle jerking since E3, why do you care what lems and hermits do, it seems to be upsetting for you, which is another sign of you being a cow.

You're not fooling anyone here mr alt we see through your

Have a nice day :)

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Nothing because the few games I was hyped for (Spiderman, Mario Odyssey, South Park, God of War, etc) looked great and most of the games I wasn't hyped for just showed me why I wasn't hyped for them.

There were 2 games I had written off though that actually impressed me at E3: Mario + Rabbids and Battlefront 2. I thought the Mario game would be shovelware but it looks like they might pull off something great. And Battlefront 2 looks improved over the first in every way. I'll still try the beta before preordering but it has my interest.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Nah, wasn't really hyped for anything to begin with.

As for the MVCI complaints, I get it. It wasn't presented well and apparently the demo they sent out sucks balls (I didn't even try it). So I definitely understand why people are less than enthused, especially so when DBFZ came out of nowhere looking awesome.

Though that seems to be more an issue of Capcom sucking at presenting their game. The gameplay from the show floor build (which is further along) actually looks pretty dope, the feedback from players has been nothing but glowing, and the gameplay mechanics breakdown with Peter Rosas really showed a lot of promise.

If anything, I had little hype for the game before E3 and now I'm very interested.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@getyeryayasout: I don't follow? What do you mean by 'games as service'? Like fan service?

Sorry... Just woken up...

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#70 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Most people commenting in this thread haven't really grasped what op was asking and just naming games they didn't like, or they're fanboys naming exclusives on their "rivals" system.

Anyway if I'm going to actually answer truthfully then I'd say far cry 5. Before e3 it looked like they were going in a different direction and dare I say even leaning toward an eerie survival horror theme. But the gameplay shown at e3 just confirmed it's more far cry with its over the top bombastic approach. Still looks cool, just doesnt look like what they were teasing before e3.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

pretty much everything except the new spiderman game

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@getyeryayasout: ahh, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification :)

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Spiderman is pretty much the only one.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#75 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58889 Posts

Can't say hyped for anything. About the only takeaway was Dragonball and Tunic.

The rest was pretty much a "meh".

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#76  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Spider-man I suppose. I had my interest piqued last year when it was announced that an accomplished gaming studio like Insomniac was working on a Spider-man game. I was hoping to see a gameplay reveal at this E3.

When they started the demo with stealth that look completely lifted from the Batman games, I was a bit confused. Spider-man never came off as a stealth centric superhero. My impression of him was that he was the bright, zippy, in your face do-gooder with the snappy one liners. To have lurking in the dark stealth mechanics be one of the major gameplay focuses came off as very odd to me.

Then they showed the combat and that too looked very similar to the Batman Arkham games, but I was expecting that anyways.

The worst part was the chase sequence though. That was just plain horrible. I would not ever want to play something that devoid of any thought ever. I cannot stand that kind of "gameplay". I just cannot fathom how that could ever engage anyone in a positive way. I know it does nothing for me other than produce a negative emotion. I had flash backs to Arkham Origins and that atrocious Deathstroke boss battle. That goes down in my gaming history as one of the worst boss fights I've ever encountered; it was all QTEs and it was devoid of any tension or challenge whatsoever. I barely had to pay attention to the game and that's a problem.

In closing, Rocksteady did an incredible job with their Batman games by tailoring mechanics around who the caped crusader is. Those games did a great job of making you actually feel like Batman. Based on what Insomniac showed, they are failing to create a game uniquely tailored to the character of Spider-man. It just seemed very lazy all around.

leonkennedy97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 leonkennedy97

@i_p_daily: lol nice meme.

But no i just thought Sony had the best games of the show. I dont like the games because they are on PS4 i like the PS4 because of the games. I thought the X1X is a nice piece of hardware but it needs exclusives that push it.

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#78 trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

None really, wasn't hyped to begin with.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

CoD:WW2

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

I had a little bit of interest in Days Gone...bit after the heavily scripted demo filled with QTE and an overall meh setting (keeps reminding me of Last of Us)...yeah, I don't think I will be following that game anymore.

Also, Spider Man, I mean I liked what I saw....but at the same time im not that hyped anymore. Again, the heavily scripted demo was such a turn off for me, I really hope the game has far more liberty when in combat and how you travel through the city.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#81 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34585 Posts

I don't think so. Maybe Beyond Good & Evil 2. It looked weird.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#82 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Crackdown 3

Far Cry 5

Days Gone

borninblood60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 borninblood60
Member since 2017 • 262 Posts

Well I wasn't hyped for any specific game but I had some hype for Bethesda, thought they would show a new rpg or something. I was de hyped by their showing.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#84  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34585 Posts

@borninblood60 said:

Well I wasn't hyped for any specific game but I had some hype for Bethesda, thought they would show a new rpg or something. I was de hyped by their showing.

Yeah, me too. Anything about a new DOOM or Elder Scrolls would've made it a lot better.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#85 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17422 Posts

Probably just 2:

Days Gone: Was excited when it was first announced and the first little gameplay shown. Really bummed this year when they showed gameplay. Probably will still get it, just not super excited as before.

Crackdown 3: Loved the first, second was ok, excited with the announcement of the third. E3 trailer was boring and looked stupid. Followup gameplay looked better so hopefully its good, just not excited anymore.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

State of Decay 2. Expected a visual showcase. We just got a brown looking AA game. Still buy it on PC but was not blow away by the gameplay.

Crackdown look's average. Hype may rise if the multiplayer is good.