SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45090 Posts

Have you ever had a moment SW where you were on the verge of becoming disenchanted with gaming and then a game comes out and saves you from that perilous road? I would say that game for me was Bloodborne. Up until that point, I wasn't sure what this gen was going to bring. But Bloodborne brought us hardcore gamers a unique game with an awesome setting, lore, and great game mechanics. It renewed my enthusiasm for gaming and is still considered one of my favorites. What about you, SW? What game(s) renewed your enthusiasm for gaming?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44136 Posts

I don’t recall there ever being a time where I’ve had a lack of enthusiasm for gaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Have you ever had a moment SW where you were on the verge of becoming disenchanted with gaming and then a game comes out and saves you from that perilous road? I would say that game for me was Bloodborne. Up until that point, I wasn't sure what this gen was going to bring. But Bloodborne brought us hardcore gamers a unique game with an awesome setting, lore, and great game mechanics. It renewed my enthusiasm for gaming and is still considered one of my favorites. What about you, SW? What game(s) renewed your enthusiasm for gaming?

What's so unique about Bloodborne???

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

Man, I still need to beat bloodborne expansion

lucik1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lucik1
Member since 2012 • 166 Posts

God of war , i get bored of gaming for 1-2 years but thanks to the new GoW now i can enjoy playing video game again, , im replaying Tlou after 5 years and still having a blast , also just bought assasin creed origin , the game sucks badly but at least im having fun with it

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15991 Posts

Yeah, not too long ago, there was a period of 8 weeks in which I didn't play a video game. Story of Seasons: A Trio of Towns reinvigorated me. I didn't like it as much as the first Story of Seasons, but it was still a pretty good game.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Zelda Breath of the Wild reminded me how immersive a game could be and that I can still get completely lost in a game for a few weeks. Had been a while.

Master Blaster Zero on Switch shockingly rekindled my love for retro games.

This made me realize something. The Nintendo Switch as a console has rekindled my love for video games. Never saw that coming when it was announced. Lol

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

God of War

Uncharted 4

MGSV

GTAV

TLOU

Horizon Zero Dawn

Witcher 3

So many great games that made me love gaming again.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

Hollow Knight. That game was something else. And made by a tiny studio with 2 people.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Hmm, interesting question... I don't know if there's ever been a time where I was really becoming "disenchanted with gaming" as such, but I've definitely had periods where I felt that nothing I played was really satisfying me and I kinda felt like I was going through the motions with some games (maybe that was disenchantment). And it was actually certain Indie games that kinda pulled me through & I really clicked with... games like Inside, Ori & the Blind Forest, What Remains of Edith Finch & Hellblade for example.

Another more recently that comes to mind that kind of pulled me out of a bit of a gaming funk was Nier Automata, which was extremely surprising to me because I don't usually like those types of Japanese games. But I just adored it.

But the common theme with these games I mentioned is that they were genuine surprises to me, and they weren't really on my radar. Maybe that says a little something.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#11 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15910 Posts

Dynasty Warriors on ps4.

Crazy but I was so disillusioned and tired of open world game design that I actually found myself really enjoying hack & slash and playing almost all the spin off like Gundam breaker and Fate/extella. Great times

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Recently? Fallout 4. I had avoided the Bethesda Fallout games like the plague because of all the negative stuff I heard. But, I took a gamble on Fallout 4 last year. It was on sale for less than $20. It turned out I liked it which in turn, led me to buy Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. I liked them too.

Now, I'm wondering how many more games have I missed just because the naysayers said they were bad.

Edit:

Oh. I forgot to add: I never was close to being disenchanted.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@voljin1987: Hollow Knight is indeed incredible, and it’s even better that it’s on the Switch running 60 fps. PLUS the cheap pricetag. Jeez. It’s these type of games that feel like gifts. It’s also extremely hard for me to buy only two people were involved. Super Metroid had 15 or so.

OT: my interest in gaming has never diminished to the point that a single game saved it, but there were times where I was feeling to be doing the motions and games came along and reminded me why I began this hobby. That gave me that “fix”. Recently at least:

-The Last of Us

-Arkham Asylum

-Breath of the Wild

-Hollow Knight

-Ori and the Blind Forest

-Galak-Z

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Recently, God of War because it was a fun experience and a well thought out game. Also enjoyed Detroit also.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

OW to PUBG.

Always having to play with idiots vs killing all the idiots.

:P

Avatar image for blueberry_bandit
Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blueberry_Bandit
Member since 2017 • 891 Posts

Every good VR game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Hollow knight and bloodborne. But my interest in gaming is starting to diminish again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Atmosphere

at least when it comes to gaming theres barely any Lovecraftian horror done as well as BB did it

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

Sponge Bob Square Pants Battle for Bikini Bottom

Ace combat Zero. Twice.

Call of Duty 4 modern warfare on PS3.

Seeing Fallout 4 on full graphics on PC, then seeing Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE on full graphics on PC. Except at 720P but that's because I use a max 720P tv as a monitor and I want to wait four years before buying any more equipment. At that time I can buy myself a 4K 22 inch or smaller monitor with a 4K capable gaming PC

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Nope. I have always LOVED gaming. So many great games to chose from for all systems! I could never get bored of them.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I lost hope in western devs last year, with Shadow of War and Battlefront 2.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22  Edited By narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

Overwatch, I was struggling with FPS on console until that game. Now I've been hooked on FPS's on xbox one ever since. I had quit gaming for the most part for a long time before then and nowadays am enjoying it more than ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

Lol. Funny that these days I find games to be a waste of time And I may consider to replace gaming with superior activities.(Like going to Gym and playing chess instead of games)

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Not really. I’m becoming less interested in gaming. I’ve only really been hyped for remasters. Sad!

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Back in the day when I was mainly playing mp shooters, when ninja gaiden came out on the og Xbox I got sucked back into single player action. Loved that game. Broadened my horizons.

More recently nier automata did something similiar, and octopath has had me back into turn based, something I usually shy away from. Except Pokemon and devil survivor on the ds.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

My enthusiasm with gaming was dying rapidly this year with the lack of interesting new games until reccently I renewed my interest after playing Golden Sun 2. Nowadays there is a lack of quality JRPGs.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

None really. I don't game as much as I used to, but that's just due to shifting priorities. I tend to go through spurts.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@SOedipus said:

Not really. I’m becoming less interested in gaming. I’ve only really been hyped for remasters. Sad!

LMAO, I'm playing the shit out of Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Saga now and having more fun with that than most games that have released this generation.

On topic:

Demon's Souls last gen

Horizon Zero Dawn this gen

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Minecraft and Breath of the Wild

Ninetales53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ninetales53
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

Chrono Trigger by the story, the gameplay and the design.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@tgob89: that’s what I’ve been playing now too, lol! Just finishing up some hunts.

hlcsbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hlcsbaby
Member since 2003 • 195 Posts

I know it’s not the popular opinion on these boards, but PUBG did and does that for me. Not really into single player games so I don’t give a crap about them. Team death match multiplayer has run its course. I’m loving pubg and can’t wait for more br games in the way of cod and bf.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Vanilla wow - mmo

They are billions - rts

ToonLonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ToonLonk
Member since 2017 • 440 Posts

@Vatusus said:
@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Atmosphere

at least when it comes to gaming theres barely any Lovecraftian horror done as well as BB did it

Yeah, I definitely agree. Bloodborne had a unique, opressive, atmosphere and story, seeking to remind the player of their insignificance constantly, as opposed to most games being empowerment fantasies. Add to that the precise, tight Soulsborne combat and fantastic world design and you've got yourself one of the best games of the generation

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

@toonlonk said:
@Vatusus said:
@i_p_daily said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Atmosphere

Yeah, I definitely agree. Bloodborne had a unique, opressive, atmosphere and story, seeking to remind the player of their insignificance constantly, as opposed to most games being empowerment fantasies. Add to that the precise, tight Soulsborne combat and fantastic world design and you've got yourself one of the best games of the generation

I like how you described it. I appreciated it even more after watching lore vids when I beat the main story.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#37 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I never lost the interest in gaming, but modern space exploration games like Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky and Star Citizen are the closest thing to the 'dream game' i have been expecting for decades.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

yes...

Darkfall Online sparked my hope after the mid 00s desolation of bad games.

But the HUGE spark came with Kerbal and Space Engineers then followed by 7 days to die

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Indie games such as Celeste, Golf Story, Shovel Knight, Steamworld dig etc have really made me appreciate how fun titles can be, regardless of the budget they were developed with. Perhaps it's just the nostalgia factor, but at this point I prefer them to most of the 'big' games out there.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@mandzilla said:

Indie games such as Celeste, Golf Story, Shovel Knight, Steamworld dig etc have really made me appreciate how fun titles can be, regardless of the budget they were developed with. Perhaps it's just the nostalgia factor, but at this point I prefer them to most of the 'big' games out there.

I think in some cases its purely game interaction and how many variables there are to affect different outcomes.

That is where story games fail.

Something like My Summer Car for example is simple, yet engaging in a way that it makes one almost feel like they are actually working on a car in their garage...yet basically no story and horrible graphics

so I think its in the interactivity in a game that makes it good

malacodametal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41 malacodametal
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

I got kind of disenchanted by gaming by the end of the last generation/beginning of this generation of consoles. What got me back in was the amount of indie titles coming out on PC. The games were getting a lot better but I wasn't "fully" convinced. When P.T. game out, I was ridiculously impressed by how a simple experience had so much depth and nuance- and it was just a teaser, not a full game. That got me a bit more interested in gaming as a medium. By the time The Witcher 3 came out however, I was back in. That game owned my life for a while.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Building my PC last year reinvigorated my interest in gaming. I was ready to quit gaming because consoles became too underwhelming and been there, done that for me

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#43 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

Prey. Its what gaming is all about. Playing and experimenting with the game's mechanics.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22657 Posts

Kotor.... No other game exemplifies an answer to the question for me...

I had just got a bachelor's degree in 02, started my career, shelved gaming for the most part and then I snagged an Xbox and kotor.... It blew my mind and I was totally back into the hobby....

The troubling part is very few games have grabbed me the way kotor did in the narrative sense. A feeling I've chased for over a decade. Mass effect 1 comes close, for me....

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#45  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Never really lost interest but every once in a while a game comes along that I enjoy a lot and I can't play anything else for a while because of how addicted I am to it. Right now that game is Vermintide 2, easily one of the best online co-op games I've ever played, and a good improvement over the first game.

Before that I quite enjoyed the Sci-fi games "Prey" and "SOMA".....both had a story I enjoyed very much, and it is rare to find a solid Sci-fi game these days. I got Detroit as well, just did not have a chance to play it yet....I should soon though.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7255 Posts

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. I was in busy and stressed with college and wasn't gaming much, but watched my roommate play this and got sucked in. Started my own game and played anytime I had the chance. Got me back into platformers, though I don't think anything had done the genre better than that game. Even subsequent PoPs.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#47  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

GTA3 by far in the early 2000's I was barely into gaming I felt I was growing out of it. GTA3 came along like a great rated R movie and changed gaming forever and gaming matured into something I can enjoy as a adult.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Games like Fortnite and PUBG reignited my interest in gaming. We are seeing the return of skill based games that challenge and reward the players. Games have been stuck in this cinematic movie game hell that asks nothing from the player other than experience the story. There is nothing rewarding about most games in 2018. “Beating” a game means very little these days. But somehow devs/pubs have you all tricked into thinking you’re hardcore for playing Uncharted or Gears.

And don’t get me started on this resolution garbage. Y’all are letting pixel counts ruin gameplay.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

The Nes classic and Snes classic. While not single game. So that doesn't "officially" count.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Persona 5, just like P4 did for me before. Funny enough, even though I've played it before a long time ago, No Man's Sky, too.