Games That Don't Deserve Their Score

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:xx:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

Metroid Prime = 10:evil: :D

Metroid Prime: Echoes = 11, just like guitar amps in Waynes' World:evil: :D :PSpartan070

Heres the boat I'm in. I played through Prime about 10 times on different difficulties and enjoyed it every time. Echoes on the other hand, I stopped playing after about 10 hours. Because it was so repetive and so boring.

Ptolemaueus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 Ptolemaueus
Member since 2006 • 947 Posts
[QUOTE="Ptolemaueus"]

Yeah.  I think Prime should have goten AAAA and Echoes should have gotten Prime's score.  The Dark World sucked.

Spartan070

Don't be mad cause the Ing are teh pwnage:wink: Echoes = 11:D

I hated the constantly depleting health.

And to give another reason why Echoes deserves 9.7, I hated the ammo system as well.  Other than the ammo and the Dark World, that game was awesome.

Ptolemaueus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Ptolemaueus
[QUOTE="Spartan070"]:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:xx:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

Metroid Prime: Echoes = 11, just like guitar amps in Waynes' World:evil: :D :PBansheesdie

Heres the boat I'm in. I played through Prime about 10 times on different difficulties and enjoyed it every time. Echoes on the other hand, I stopped playing after about 10 hours. Because it was so repetive and so boring.

Right there with ya.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="Ptolemaueus"]

Yeah.  I think Prime should have goten AAAA and Echoes should have gotten Prime's score.  The Dark World sucked.

Ptolemaueus

Don't be mad cause the Ing are teh pwnage:wink: Echoes = 11:D

I hated the constantly depleting health.

And to give another reason why Echoes deserves 9.7, I hated the ammo system as well.  Other than the ammo and the Dark World, that game was awesome.

Well the ammo wasannoying as was the depleting health but that's the challenge.:D Plus every suit you get lessens the depletion rate, the Light Suit actually heals you in the safe zones. The Sonic Boom was so expensive though.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:xx:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

Metroid Prime: Echoes = 11, just like guitar amps in Waynes' World:evil: :D :PPtolemaueus

Right there with ya.

Quitters:P Scared of a challenging game?:wink:

Too bad cause the end three bosses were the most awesome in series history.:D

sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#56 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

just like guitar amps in Waynes' World:evil: :D :P

Spartan070

Do you know where the idea of guitar amps 'going to 11' came from? Terming it like that makes me concerned that you don't.

Anyways, if you go back to the end of the PS1/early PS2 days, Gamespot was overrating stuff like crazy, at least by today's standards. A ton of the 2K sports games got between 9.9 and 9.7. THPS2 got 9.9, and THPS3 got a 10. Chrono Cross got a 10. Tekken 3 got a 9.9. There are probably more examples that are less extreme, but I can't think of them.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
Quitters:P Scared of a challenging game?:wink:Spartan070
The only challenge that Echoes brought was a constent fight against boredom.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"]

sonicmj1

Do you know where the idea of guitar amps 'going to 11' came from? Terming it like that makes me concerned that you don't.

Spinal Tap, right?
bender007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 bender007
Member since 2005 • 4377 Posts

Just because I love reading it, and because so many of you either don't read it or don't like reading it. :)

Halo 2 - Despite a rather short campaign and a disappointing storyline, Halo 2 is an exceptional shooter that frequently delivers thrilling, memorable, and unique moments in its online, co-op, and single-player modes.

The Good: Some of the best first-person shooter gameplay in the business.; outstanding multiplayer features--tons of fun modes and customization options.; incredible audio--music and sound effects both major highlights.; impressive artificial intelligence.; co-op mode tons of fun..

Bansheesdie

The story line for Halo 2 was more like A rising to Climax and it's part of a bigger story

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]

You mentioned Halo 2, why? It got a 9.4 and thats because it deserved it.

Katamari Damacy was an incrdibly fun game, I guess it could have been higher.

GatoFeo
Right there, I don't agrre, with you.... Halo 2 suck.... My friends agrre with me also.,.. The only people I know that like that game is because it was their first game they ever play..... FACT!

Hmmm, ok....lets just say I wouldn't read any textbook that you co-authored....
Nintega91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Nintega91
Member since 2006 • 713 Posts
[QUOTE="sonicmj1"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]

Spartan070

Spinal Tap, right?

Yep. I was going to call you up on it and scream movie NOOB or something but you've proven your not all bad.

Ptolemaueus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Ptolemaueus
[QUOTE="Ptolemaueus"][QUOTE="Bansheesdie"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:xx:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

Metroid Prime: Echoes = 11, just like guitar amps in Waynes' World:evil: :D :PSpartan070

Right there with ya.

Quitters:P Scared of a challenging game?:wink:

Too bad cause the end three bosses were the most awesome in series history.:D

The Dark World got repetitive.  It was basically going from one battle to the next it seemed like.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Spartan070

[QUOTE="Spartan070"]These are my opinions: Wind Waker - 9.7 Halo 2 - 9.8 Metroid Prime - 10 Metroid Prime: Echoes - 11:D:D:D TP Wii - 8.5 TP GC - 9.6 Resistence - 9.1 Gears - 9.2 Half-Life 2 - 9.5 Fable - 9.5CelineDion

Really, you prefer Echoes to Prime?

I love both, but hated the Echoes dark world.

To each his own. The Dark World was where the challenge was though:D:D:D