Games like STALKER and METRO ruined FPS genre.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by carljohnsonCJ (506 posts) -

Games like clunky buggy low budget STALKER and METRO series ruined FPS games...IMO. Weapon Jamming in middle of big firefight with fps drops on above games is called immersion now. Scavenging resources for Bullets ? HaHa. Putting Lights on/off for no reason unlike in stealth games where you put lights off for a valid reason (Spilnter Cell). STALKER, METRO are Hardcore? 'Someone' clearly never played Counter Strike. Artoym and Strelok are manly? Cate Archer alone owns them inspite being a female.

Anyways, wish Devs would publish more cinematic, regenrating health, QTE, Casual, Womens as protagonists FPS games as WOLFENSTEIN YOUNG BLOOD.

Well?

Discuss my freinds.

#2 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

Agreed. Games with terrible mechanics aren't hardcore, they're just bad games.

#3 Posted by Pedro (35493 posts) -

Sometimes I wonder what some folks are thinking when they are creating new threads. You have yet to demonstrate in any fashion how either games "ruined" FPS.

What do you say when a thread is simply dumb?

#4 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@Pedro said:

Sometimes I wonder what some folks are thinking when they are creating new threads. You have yet to demonstrate in any fashion how either games "ruined" FPS.

The thread is another jab at ghosts4ever. You missed the point.

#5 Edited by with_teeth26 (9594 posts) -

Ghost trolling is even more tedious and predictable than his threads at this point

#6 Edited by Pedro (35493 posts) -

@calvincfb said:

The thread is another jab at ghosts4ever. You missed the point.

Response threads or threads directed towards other forumites are not allowed. Thanks for confirming.

#7 Posted by Worlds_Apart (191 posts) -

is this thread aimed at Ghost? His opinion is valid just like everyone else and he shouldn't be trolled for it.

#8 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@Pedro: call the mods or flag him.

#9 Edited by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@worlds_apart: I disagree. The guy spams the forum with the same threads about the same games and shit over every game he doesn't like.

#10 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10317 posts) -

@calvincfb said:

LOL. STALKER is so much better than any games you praise like childish kingdom hearts. calling it terrible mechanics because it doesnot have regen health and cover system. or why my target not hitting enemy easily??

STALKER is actually greatest exclusive ever made. mods make it perfect.

#11 Posted by phbz (4599 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Plus you can't even shoot lamps in Kingdom Hearts.

#12 Edited by warmblur (2831 posts) -

Never played Stalker but for me Halo and the COD series ruined the FPS genre by dumbing it down by their influence. I mean for god sakes look what it did to the Battlefield series. The medics in the old games use to mean something now everybody's health regenerates and gets a medic pack lol. I really wish BF would go back to it's roots but sadly it will never happen because people would complain that it's to hard man I miss the Battlefield 2 days.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#13 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13684 posts) -

10/10 Quality thread. Would read again.

#14 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6856 posts) -

Literally shitposting at this point.

#15 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@calvincfb said:

LOL. STALKER is so much better than any games you praise like childish kingdom hearts. calling it terrible mechanics because it doesnot have regen health and cover system. or why my target not hitting enemy easily??

STALKER is actually greatest exclusive ever made. mods make it perfect.

#16 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10317 posts) -

@warmblur said:

Never played Stalker but for me Halo and the COD series ruined the FPS genre by dumbing it down by their influence. I mean for god sakes look what it did to the Battlefield series. The medics in the old games use to mean something now everybody's health regenerates and gets a medic pack lol. I really wish BF would go back to it's roots but sadly it will never happen because people would complain that it's to hard man I miss the Battlefield 2 days.

STALKER released same year as COD4. and missing this game means you missed out greatest FPS game ever made.

beside I never liked BF simply because I hated MP FPS games. so battlefield going to roots wont do anything for me.

#17 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31493 posts) -

@with_teeth26 said:

Ghost trolling is even more tedious and predictable than his threads at this point

Gonna go with this.

#18 Edited by thehig1 (7332 posts) -

@calvincfb: @carljohnsoncj:

Are these two accounts the same person?

#19 Posted by Howmakewood (5955 posts) -
@thehig1 said:

@calvincfb: @carljohnsoncj:

Are these two accounts the same person?

no that's Recloud and Indzman

#20 Edited by thehig1 (7332 posts) -

@howmakewood: seems suspicious these two always agree with each other and have similar post styles.

I thought that carjjohnson is indzman?

Think the indzman account got banned

#21 Posted by pyro1245 (5167 posts) -

Lol at the thought that these two games had an affect on the greater FPS genre at all.

You guys are seriously out of touch with reality.

#22 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@thehig1 said:

@howmakewood: seems suspicious these two always agree with each other and have similar post styles.

I thought that carjjohnson is indzman?

Think the indzman account got banned

I agree with him because I like to mock ghosts :p

#23 Posted by Howmakewood (5955 posts) -

@thehig1: it is Indzman, dno if the old one got banned

#24 Edited by warmblur (2831 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

STALKER released same year as COD4. and missing this game means you missed out greatest FPS game ever made.

beside I never liked BF simply because I hated MP FPS games. so battlefield going to roots wont do anything for me.

I saw the videos of the gameplay back in the day it just looked to buggy for me but I respect that it's not a dumbed down FPS. For me the best FPS shooter of all time is F.E.A.R. to each it's own.

#25 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10317 posts) -

@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

I saw the videos of the gameplay back in the day it just looked to buggy for me but I respect that it's not a dumbed down FPS. For me the best FPS shooter of all time is F.E.A.R. to each it's own.

Yeah, FEAR was another masterpiece.

#26 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25463 posts) -
@with_teeth26 said:

Agreed.

#27 Edited by uninspiredcup (34432 posts) -

Metro is slightly overrated. It's alright, but not something I personally would put of a pedestal as an all great.

Stalker is flawed, but gives us a gimps of what gaming can be. I think many gamers now probably would rate it over Bethesda, Bioshock and other ilk. Hell, Bioshock: Infinite is all but forgotten after all the waffle.

The press didn't really latch onto it, and generally still don't, but as time went on it became more and more apparent as something that struck a cord. There really is nothing like it still. It succeeds in being an immersive experience competitors haven't managed to best.

#28 Posted by Heirren (2272 posts) -

I bought the Metro collection for ps4, a long time ago. Tried the first disc and it was boring. What is it that people like about the series. Its a cod clone. Killzone was better, and thats not saying much.

#29 Posted by xantufrog (11628 posts) -

No podemos