Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@clyde46 said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

let this be real!

I can definitely see atleast some truth to it, ad compaines are the lifeblood of these sites. It's in their interest to appeal to everyone they can for maximum profit, not just feminazis. I'd love to sit in on some of those skype calls, lol.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: I can't imagine using the net without adblock. This whole thing is getting bigger and bigger and now the big money players are getting itchy. Its funny when you think about it, this really all started right here on GS when Kane and Lynch was reviewed by Jeff. That was the point when gamers got a real good look at the shady practices. This whole series of events is glorious, there is nothing quite like watching someones fall from grace, smacking every branch on the way down. Or in Zoe's case, every cock on the way down.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4: I can't imagine using the net without adblock. This whole thing is getting bigger and bigger and now the big money players are getting itchy. Its funny when you think about it, this really all started right here on GS when Kane and Lynch was reviewed by Jeff. That was the point when gamers got a real good look at the shady practices. This whole series of events is glorious, there is nothing quite like watching someones fall from grace, smacking every branch on the way down. Or in Zoe's case, every cock on the way down.

Seriously, it really has come full circle. Fucking adblock is such a godsend.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Exactly, more than half of the devs that signed this aren't even really game devs either. There's community managers and Mo-Cap directors on that list.

I made a game in flash! Consider me a member of the industry now.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s7k8i1

Interesting. The open letter has even game testers counted to ammount the number 600. The guy that analysed each name involved also linked tweets from some that, although are signing an open letter against harassment, had previously engaged on harassment publicly. The fact that those many gaming media outlets didn't even check their source on this is baffling. Some random twitter user is making a better job on diving into info before publishing it then they are...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 clyde46

This open letter from the devs? Isn't it just another attempt to punish the gamer? The more I read on this, the more I see that these people like Zoe and what her name is, that Tropes women are made out to be the victims here. Why is that? They were the ones that poked the dragon, and they got burnt.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@SambaLele said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Exactly, more than half of the devs that signed this aren't even really game devs either. There's community managers and Mo-Cap directors on that list.

Interesting. The open letter has even game tester counted to ammount the number 600. The guy that analysed each name involved also linked tweets from some that, although are signing an open letter against harassment, had previously engaged on harassment publicly. The fact that those many gaming media outlets didn't even check their source on this is baffling. Some random twitter user is making a better job on diving into info before publishing it then they are...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By clyde46

Dat scorched earth plan.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@clyde46 said:

Dat scorched earth plan.

I'm more proud than ever to have my animoo avatar now.

Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#159  Edited By Revan_911
Member since 2007 • 1709 Posts

who the **** are these people. it's not even about left from right politics, it's these abusive assholes coming out from everywhere and saying to me

"everything you've ever enjoyed about gaming is wrong, you're a woman hater, you need to have self loathing, you need to change and everything about your hobby need to change"

**** off!

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

no retreat, no surrender

Loading Video...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 clyde46

@Revan_911 said:

who the **** are these people. it's not even about left from right politics, it's these abusive assholes coming out from everywhere and saying to me

"everything you've ever enjoyed about gaming is wrong, you're a woman hater, you need to have self loathing, you need to change and everything about your hobby need to change"

**** off!

This shit right here is what is going to kill gaming. Not piracy, not used games.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 ReadingRainbow4

@Revan_911 said:

**** off!

"You can't love Japanese games, they sexualize women and promote stereotypes that are harmful to society as a whole! The RPG's you're allowed to like are Mass effect and Dragon Age, they treat relationships as non monolithic and actually have meaningful side characters and love interests!"

Please don't think for yourself, it's wrong. You should follow what we believe is right and just.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 clyde46

I can't wait for the gaming industry to fall down. By all means make your gender neutral, acceptance games etc. Lets see how well you do when no ones buys them.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

@Revan_911 said:

**** off!

But who specifically, of any significance/voice, is actually saying this? Quotes/links?

Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Revan_911

@_BlueDuck_ said:

@Revan_911 said:

**** off!

But who specifically, of any significance/voice, is actually saying this? Quotes/links?

Every mainstream media? Gamers are dead. Gamer means laziness, consumerism failure. Gamers stop hating this is all your fault. Games shouldn't be for fun. You are all collectively guilty of woman hating because someone harassed Anita on twitter. It was even on Gamespot.

Who is to blame? People who don't actually care about video games. But they will come to your tweeter feed and call you names

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By clyde46

Alright, it is time for an expose on the different connections between various groups in this GamerGate scandal.

The majority of this SJW stuff, at its core, is coming from what is known as "Weird Twitter." (inb4 >KYM http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/weird-twitter) Weird Twitter was initially formed when users of the FYAD subforum on the Something Awful forums decided that the forums were slowly dying (which is true) and took to Twitter to increase their internet presence and be able to interact with more people (largely to harass them). They had created such a hostile environment to newcomers in FYAD that essentially no new blood trickled in, and they literally had to force new people to post there through moderator bullshit, and even then the sole purpose of that was not to get new blood, but for the insular clique who have known each other for more than a decade now, to torment that person. So they needed greener pastures, which they found on Twitter, where they were joined by refugees from Laissez Faire, a FYAD-style subforum which at the end of its lifespan was filled with anime avatar hardline Marxists (think /pol/ but even more extreme, but on the left, and extremely ban-happy. It ultimately fell apart and was resurrected as various offsite forums time and again because they kept falling apart due to drama and users harassing each other).

Anyway this insular group of a few dozen or so people quickly attracted a large following on Twitter by making genuinely amusing Tweets (which had mostly nothing to do with SJW shit), and among that following were many indie creators and related SJW types, mostly because those Tweets had SJW-friendly language (the most glaring examples of this language are infantile-sounding insults like "garbagemen" or "piss baby").

However, besides making amusing Tweets, they had another purpose: Harassing people for their own amusement. The former LF parts of Weird Twitter and their largely SJW indie dev follower (and similar people, you get the picture) crowd merely provided SJW issues as a heuristic to find targets to single out and harass. If this in-group had accumulated a following among a different demographic (which is however a rather unlikely scenario, given the initial LF element among them) they would have looked for people to harass based on whatever that demographic valued, rather than SJW issues. It's important to understand that the SJW issues they supposedly care about are merely meant to raise a Twitter mob outside of their small circle. On FYAD itself, they have no issues with throwing around racist and sexist slurs like they're going out of style. They just know how to keep that shit off Twitter, since the average FYAD post would give a true SJW a heart attack.

And make no mistake, these people have absolutely no issues with harassment up to and including death threats either. FYAD even managed to make a depressed, possibly autistic man kill himself due to their harassment, a fact that if brought up rather than denying, they will gloat and laugh about. Many of these people were active in Helldump, another Something Awful subforum which existed for the sole purpose of doxxing SA users and digging up as much embarrassing information on them as possible, which went as far as users posting nude pictures of an underaged girl, as well as making fun of users with physical disabilities.

One of the superstars of that subforum was also involved with the attempt at bullying a 10 year-old (who they also doxxed and threatened with death). I say attempt because the 10 year-old shrugged it off like a champ. The guy, btw, should be somewhere in his mid-to-late 30s. This whole episode is well-known, and 4chan has torn the parties involved a new one over it.

Zoe Quinn, by her own admission in mid-August (I believe she tweeted it on August 12th or 15th, it should still be there if she hasn't deleted it), is still an active SA forums user and has been since 2002. It is safe to assume that she is part of this in-group which is at the center of this Twitter shitstorm.

How do I know all this? Simple, I used to be part of it. I wasn't part of the FYAD in-group but one of the people who joined later on Twitter (although I had been posting and lurking on the SA forums for years beforehand, I simply didn't interact with FYAD). The 10 year-old harassment episode opened my eyes, and I used what I know to put 2 and 2 together, and here you are reading the results.

So what does this have to do with the larger SJW community?

Simple: This isn't about gamers, gaming or feminism. The SJW shit is simply a smoke-screen which an insular group of people who have known each other for over a decade use to get their truly massive amount of SJW Twitter followers who are not part of that in-group, to join in on harassment, which they get off on. I almost feel bad for legit SJWs who participate in this, they are merely useful idiots. If you are an SJW reading this: You have been tricked, rused, bamboozled. The same people who point you to targets which to attack are the very bullies you proclaim to loathe.

Anyway, how does this tie into games journalism?

When this whole thing broke loose, it got huge overnight, despite constant censorship attempts and fraudulent DMCA takedowns across the internet. Gaming journalists, both directly involved with Zoe and indirectly involved by participating in similarly seedy actions which clearly breach the ethics of journalism needed a way to make this go away or bury the larger issue, and fast. All most of them could do on their end was write articles, but that wouldn't have gotten the needed reaction fast enough.

Luckily, they had connections among this in-group (such as Zoe Quinn possibly being a part of it, as well as other indie devs and related people who follow people from the in-group and are followed back by them) which had, by now, years of experience in raising Twitter lynch mobs and who had the required number of followers among the SJW crowd. Thus, they mobilized them to turn what is a journalistic issue at heart into an SJW issue. And this they gladly did, because it meant getting to harass people.

http://pastebin.com/rFX1pTfX

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#167 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Gaming journalism is corrupt and unprofessional? You don't say...

**** feminism and **** politics in gaming. That is all.

noodlevixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 noodlevixen
Member since 2010 • 480 Posts

As a woman I'm ashamed to see them drag feminism into this shit. It's presence isn't needed heavily in an industry like this. A game is a game. It has no bearing on my "rights" as a woman which is what feminism should focus on. Now it's dragging in this garbage. SMFH

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@noodlevixen said:

As a woman I'm ashamed to see them drag feminism into this shit. It's presence isn't needed heavily in an industry like this. A game is a game. It has no bearing on my "rights" as a woman which is what feminism should focus on. Now it's dragging in this garbage. SMFH

Unfortunately they've been using feminism as a front for a while now.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By SambaLele

@clyde46 said:

I can't wait for the gaming industry to fall down. By all means make your gender neutral, acceptance games etc. Lets see how well you do when no ones buys them.

This is not the point. There's space in this multi-billion $ industry for that too. Just don't force a change that every game must be that way, don't force everyone to adhere to the politically correct 100% of the time. This is actually what they are defending, not just inclusion of women in gaming. Inclusion of women is something that's advancing slowly, as women themselves become more interested in gaming and working in the industry.

But these journalists want to shape narrative in games in order to try and have a cultural impact on society. But that's a subversive way of implementing your vision without conscious acceptance of everyone. Like I said in another thread, remembering JFK's words "armies by day, not guerrillas by night". Don't force things on everyone, don't try to achieve an hegemony by isolating or eliminating what you see as opposition... instead, add to the industry yourself by making new and better products and cattering to that audience you thrive for.

Also... this is not the biggest issue at hand. But nepotism, cliques and corruption that prevents new talents from joining and contributing to the industry by merit, not politics.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 clyde46

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@noodlevixen said:

Unfortunately they've been using feminism as a front for a while now.

They want to replace the current system with the same system.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Has Kotaku fallen yet?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Bigboi500

@clyde46 said:

I can't wait to play the GTA that the fems' want us all to play: the one where women play strong and positive roles for all the other women out there. Doesn't that sound fun?

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@handssss said:

no retreat, no surrender

Loading Video...

wow good video.. its unreal how far down the corruption goes

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Bigboi500

@Flubbbs said:

wow good video.. its unreal how far down the corruption goes

And yet people STILL sometimes let these reviews dictate their own personal purchases. lmao!

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@SambaLele said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Interesting. The open letter has even game tester counted to ammount the number 600. The guy that analysed each name involved also linked tweets from some that, although are signing an open letter against harassment, had previously engaged on harassment publicly. The fact that those many gaming media outlets didn't even check their source on this is baffling. Some random twitter user is making a better job on diving into info before publishing it then they are...

Fail! That guy's hair isn't even blue or purple! There's no way HE could be an indie dev!

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By SambaLele

@ReadingRainbow4: @handssss: @clyde46: thanks for linking all that info. May not be conclusive, but it's quite interesting anyway. Enough to raise some (more) eyebrows.

Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Revan_911

One developer dared to speak out. Former Illusion Softworks / 2k Czech worked on Mafia, Mafia 2 and now on Kingdom Come : Deliverance.

Now watch as someone will spin it as censorship being good for the industry. This is the future for all developers. They're gonna get bullied if they don't conform to feminist agendas because it means lower metacritic and lower sales. It's so goddamn scary, especially for countries like his in which they don't have radical feminism and don't understand it. Last thing on someones mind.

Looks pretty hopeless so far. Nobody took Jack Thompson seriously, but feminist created a divide among gamers. Easy Target

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#180 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Adblock added to browser.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#181 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

Seriously, it really has come full circle. Fucking adblock is such a godsend.

adblock is like the best tool for e-activism. lol

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#182 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Its kinda surprising. I thought there has been some sort of association that these sites should be a part of. There should be a charter and a code of ethics that prevents this kind of stuff from happening. The corruption is pretty bad.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#183 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Thank you for the video on the Zoe stuff. I think some of the wording was a little strong and I'm not so sure about it all. I wasn't following those events, and the mass censorship is somewhat shocking. Now I wouldn't like seeing journalists reaching for each others throats... but it would be nice if they didn't protect each other so much that the credibility of gaming journalism as a whole is damaged.
Also I would really appreciate if a journalist distinguishes to us readers, when they write an article to praise the game of a friend or when they are writing a critical review.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

this article is hilarious. A feminist defending gamers yet game journalists are attacking us. Can things get any more ridiculous than this?

http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/09/christina-hoff-sommers-weighs-gamergate-run-gawker-journalist/

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By clyde46

@Gue1 said:

this article is hilarious. A feminist defending gamers yet game journalists are attacking us. Can things get any more ridiculous than this?

http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/09/christina-hoff-sommers-weighs-gamergate-run-gawker-journalist/

For once, an article that does not label the gamer as evil.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#186 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@Gue1: Christina is one of the most level headed intelligent women I've ever come across. She describes herself as a feminist but god knows why. Perhaps because she prescribes to the ideal of what it once was. She spends her time debunking the modern insane male bashing nonsense and trying to bring the conversation back to fairness and decency. She's not well liked by the feminist movement. I've been following her for years.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By clyde46

@DocSanchez said:

@Gue1: Christina is one of the most level headed intelligent women I've ever come across. She describes herself as a feminist but god knows why. Perhaps because she prescribes to the ideal of what it once was. She spends her time debunking the modern insane male bashing nonsense and trying to bring the conversation back to fairness and decency. She's not well liked by the feminist movement. I've been following her for years.

Just reading through her twitter now. Some of the stuff she has to put up with.....

https://twitter.com/CHSommers/status/506946477068156929

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#188  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

@Gue1: Christina is one of the most level headed intelligent women I've ever come across. She describes herself as a feminist but god knows why.

Probably because she's legitimately a feminist, and not a jaded, crazy SJW trying to circlejerk a professional victim that exploits feminism.

Why she calls herself a feminist.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#189 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@SambaLele said:
@Minishdriveby said:

While I think she was trying to make the word gamer carry a more nuanced connotation than simply someone who plays a game, I will concede to your point; the article does go into some extremely abrasive generalizations that reduce the internet gaming scum she was trying to target into a certain representation that isn't befitting.

No one can, or should be able to, change a word's meaning on their own, without social acceptance. That's a subversive attempt of forcing others to follow your beliefs. I'm against all kind of subversive means of changing people's opinions. This should happen through open debate, through reason.

Society defines the meanings of words, not people interested in hijacking them for their own purposes. Gamers are not what gaming journalists want them to be. If we truly want to understand gamers, we should study them. Also, the word gamer doesn't mean want they want it to mean. They are, though, applying semiotical measures to adhere to it a pejorative meaning, to push a shaming campaign.

What about a rebuttal on these articles? This time, by the examiner.

PR and marketing does it in the industry all the time, subverting words like "AAA," and "Alpha phase." Marketing also helps to create a negative image of gamers through junk food endorsements with Mountain Dew, Doritos, and foods like "gamer grub." The hyper-consumerist image that was painted in the article isn't too far off when you have expansion packs, DLC, Collector's Editions, GotY editions, and remastered games releasing every day.

It's not just journalists defining what a gamer is/should be, it's marketing, it's PR, it's the community, and while these articles do have rash generalizations and stereotypes that hold no ounce of truth, there are other generalizations and stereotypes that are not fabrications from angry journalist. I understand that a larger portion of the population are playing more video games than in the past; however, I wouldn't be surprised if people still held the term gamers as carrying a negative connotation, especially with how it is marketed.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@Vaasman said:

Probably because she's legitimately a feminist, and not a jaded, crazy SJW trying to circlejerk a professional victim that exploits feminism.

Why she calls herself a feminist.

Excellent video. That and the Twitter posted by @clyde46 just goes to show what legitimate feminism is. This rape culture bullshit needs to stop.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By SambaLele

@Minishdriveby said:

PR and marketing does it in the industry all the time, subverting words like "AAA," and "Alpha phase." Marketing also helps to create a negative image of gamers through junk food endorsements with Mountain Dew, Doritos, and foods like "gamer grub." The hyper-consumerist image that was painted in the article isn't too far off when you have expansion packs, DLC, Collector's Editions, GotY editions, and remastered games releasing every day.

It's not just journalists defining what a gamer is/should be, it's marketing, it's PR, it's the community, and while these articles do have rash generalizations and stereotypes that hold no ounce of truth, there are other generalizations and stereotypes that are not fabrications from angry journalist. I understand that a larger portion of the population are playing more video games than in the past; however, I wouldn't be surprised if people still held the term gamers as carrying a negative connotation, especially with how it is marketed.

So I guess it's actually a better point to try to redeem the term gamer instead of linking it to criminal behavior. Like saying that those making death threats do not represent gamers (for a number of reasons, I'd elaborate if you will). Edit: anyway, PR and marketing being used to sell products and brands is one thing... being used as subversive means to change a political or demographical concept, to stablish a stereotype... that I can't condone.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#192 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

This all comes about because the gaming audience is much larger. You expose yourself to groups of individuals with different forms of morals. When that portion of the community gets large enough they sieze the chance to impose their views onto a previously untouched sector of the community. This won't get better because gaming will continue to grow. While it will die down for a bit, it will rear its head again even worse than before. This isn't even it's final form.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Gaming has never been political since its inception, so why should it be political now? We play games for many different reasons and one of them is to escape reality or just have a fun time. Video games and politics don't mix at all, and these SJW that have jobs as gaming journalist are just ruining a good hobby that has nothing to do with reality.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

As stated, I wanna say kudos to Gamespot for not being involved with this thing.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Tell you what: true feminists are capable of criticizing their own kind and tearing it to shreds if they find it appropriate. True feminism is not about putting one gender above the other. Even in the quest of equality, true feminists don't strive to achieve privileges at the cost of the other gender. Feminism is not about DOING ANYTHING AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHERS. If it is, then it's CHAUVINISM. And yes, there is female chauvinism too, and guess what kind of writers described this phenomenon? WOMEN! Like, true feminists. Actually, I would argue that TRUE feminists are men's best friends.

Feminism is firstly and foremostly a war on stereotypes, but of any kind, not only made for the sake of convenience of WOMEN. True feminists point out certain areas that they feel women are put in an unfair advantage or men are at a disadvantage. That's how it works. Feminism is not about empowerement, though it certainly fights with patriarchy, but patriarchy not as something that empowers men but a conservative concept that is fundamentally flawed.

But anyway, achieving impartial purity is very hard, because not all the women are aware of some aspects of life where men who don't conform to traditional gender roles / stereotypes are treated in a disgraceful way.

Too many people have misconceptions about feminism on both sides: people react allergically to someone declaring her a feminist but also those self-declared feminists sometimes in fact aren't feminist.

Ironically, I consider myself a feminist, but my understanding of this term is wildly different to any mainstream connotations it might have.

Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Revan_911

@Bardock47 said:

As stated, I wanna say kudos to Gamespot for not being involved with this thing.

They did ran that article saying that hate from gamers should stop. They still spreaded misinformation and half truth.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

It's times like this that I'm thankful that Japanese devs don't give a **** about SJW bullshit

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By SambaLele

@nutcrackr said:

This all comes about because the gaming audience is much larger. You expose yourself to groups of individuals with different forms of morals. When that portion of the community gets large enough they sieze the chance to impose their views onto a previously untouched sector of the community. This won't get better because gaming will continue to grow. While it will die down for a bit, it will rear its head again even worse than before. This isn't even it's final form.

There are also the issues of vocal minorities being able to appear to be a majority, and the issue of strong opposition (oppression) to different opinions silencing dissenting people, empowering the vocal ones even more in spaces for open debate, like the internet. Look at these 2 articles, one from the New York Times, the other one from Boston Herald. That's in the same line of what you speak of. I guess the only way to avoid that is to not be silent.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Zoe reminds me of the classic SW troll.

Say something ridiculously controversial and untrue and then fake shock and surprise and play the victim by repeating claims that no one made and then to be defended by the feeble minded minions of a platform who will agree with anything without needing any kind of evidence.

@clyde46 dude you know you can't post that SMH lol