Gameplay that is more than just quick-time events

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Just looking at Detroit: Become Human now they have to put Gameplay that is more than just quick-time events in description to cover them self's. How long be for every one start describing plus points like this in there games.

Full description on amazon

• The latest game from Quantic Dream and David Cage
  • Two distinct play-styles
  • Gameplay that is more than just quick-time events
  • Travel to the near-future metropolis of Detroit - a city rejuvenated by an exciting technological development: androids. Witness your brave new world turn to chaos as you take on the role of Kara, a female android trying to find her own place in a turbulent social landscape.
  • Shape an ambitious branching narrative, making choices that will not only determine your own fate, but that of the entire city. Discover what it means to be human from the perspective of an outsider - see the world of man though the eyes of a machine.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

It's sad what passes for a "game" these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@UssjTrunks: I disagree. I think it great there is such a broad variety in games.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

lol they are saying more than QTE like QTE is a good thing.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Honestly, they're gonna make me grow another hand to get certain QTE sections done.

Keep them simple. They're QTEs.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

QTE. You press a button and something happens.

That's completely different from the usual pressing a button to make something happen and must be hated at all costs.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

lol they are saying more than QTE like QTE is a good thing.

They are saying the exact opposite actually but it's not new that you don't understand things.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@nethernova said:

That's completely different from the usual pressing a button to make something happen and must be hated at all costs.

lol. This. You win the thread.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

In real life Detroit, QTE's can be a real life saver. lol :P

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

David Cage made good QTE games before it was so hated, but that's okay to me, they're story driven and the real meat of the game is behind the choice-consequence system. Anyhow, understand why'd they'd say that, because people are idiots and will just disregard it for having QTEs because apparently that's the in-thing and gaming community is built on mob mentality.

QTE has become such a red meat word that gamers treat it like game-AIDS. You know, this wasn't so inherently hated thing, for me I most hated QTEs when games would just use them in a lazy fashion to pad dull lengthy cutscenes, but since this became so hated context of when QTEs were appropriate and when they weren't has just been thrown out the window. It's one of those PeeWee's PlayHouse words of the day when it is uttered it sends everyone into a mindless frenzy.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I for one that love there are variety different types of games out there wether is FPS, QTE and etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@nethernova said:

Pressing a button to make something happen is not the same as "can only do something happen when a button prompt pumps out on the screen"...

QTE can be a fun mechanic when done ocasionaly (like in GoW, Bayonetta, etc) but when a whole game relies on it, its not good gameplay imo

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#13 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

But it's not a proper "movie game" without enough QTE's. Hype level is now 0

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Vatusus said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@nethernova said:

Pressing a button to make something happen is not the same as "can only do something happen when a button prompt pumps out on the screen"...

QTE can be a fun mechanic when done ocasionaly (like in GoW, Bayonetta, etc) but when a whole game relies on it, its not good gameplay imo

I've always found QTE's fascinating. When done properly they almost give the impression that you're performing an action on screen. I don't mind entire games built around one mechanic. Heavy Rain made good use of it and changed up how you press them, with pressure mechanics, different directions, and button combinations. It's an advanced point and click adventure at heart. And nobody ever complains about those games.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

It's funny how people complain about these type of games... but if they were to throw in some knee high blocks to duck behind and shoot from, GOTY!

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@Bread_or_Decide said:

I've always found QTE's fascinating. When done properly they almost give the impression that you're performing an action on screen. I don't mind entire games built around one mechanic. Heavy Rain made good use of it and changed up how you press them, with pressure mechanics, different directions, and button combinations. It's an advanced point and click adventure at heart. And nobody ever complains about those games.

I found the Six-Axis controls for Heavy Rain to be underwhelming.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#17 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Nothing necessarily wrong with quick time events.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

I stopped reading at “them self’s.”

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#19 Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts

@enzyme36 said:

It's funny how people complain about these type of games... but if they were to throw in some knee high blocks to duck behind and shoot from, GOTY!

I always think the same thing. These games are for the intellectually challenged. And dare I say that Dark Souls boss battles are glorified QTE's from a mechanical standpoint.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I am sick of system wars bashing QTE’s. They are not even bad. They are “Quick” and keeps the gamer on their toes. You actually have to pay attention or die.

But everyone on system wars is so used to circle jerking halo, half Life and Zelda that they get angry whenever a game that is slightly different appears.

And if we are going to stay consistent, then Xbone fanboys need to admit Ryse is the worst game of all time because that game is the worst for QTE’s.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@stuff238 said:

I am sick of system wars bashing QTE’s. They are not even bad. They are “Quick” and keeps the gamer on their toes. You actually have to pay attention or die.

But everyone on system wars is so used to circle jerking halo, half Life and Zelda that they get angry whenever a game that is slightly different appears.

And if we are going to stay consistent, then Xbone fanboys need to admit Ryse is the worst game of all time because that game is the worst for QTE’s.

awww pobrecito

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

Quick-time events suck, aren't fun at all and is a very lazy way to build a videogame. Glad to see a studio making such games realizing this. Hopefully they'll stop and do something good instead of apologizing for their way of making games.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@nethernova said:

That's not why QTE is hated.