Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 2244 Posts

PS Now actually has more games to download. If Xbox actually had exclusives worth buying, it would be a good deal. As it stands, not interested in playing the Medium and Gears 5. Considering the price difference you get way more with the current PS Plus collection, Plus' better monthly games, and PS Now. Seems since Gamepass is all MS has to offer, they marketed the hell out of it and fooled people into thinking paying 180 dollars a year for it is a "good deal". Sony should rebrand PS Now as uninformed people still think it's stream only.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8291 Posts

How the current Sony fanboy is right now

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 9310 Posts

Sony has no answers for gp, and that's worrisome.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 31677 Posts

@hardwenzen: lol except Game Pass isn't original and PS Now has been around much longer

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:

@hardwenzen: lol except Game Pass isn't original and PS Now has been around much longer

Is being around much longer supposed to be better? This is not wine we're talking about.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#6 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 50823 Posts

"PS Now has been around much longer" yet Gamepass is the talk of the town.πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Is being around much longer supposed to be better? This is not wine we're talking about.

Like the OP said, PS Now has tons of games and is cheaper. The only benefit that Game Pass loves to tout is day 1 First Party games. Except.. where are those? XD You mean Greg supposedly coming out in Holiday 2021? lol!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Like the OP said, PS Now has tons of games and is cheaper. The only benefit that Game Pass loves to tout is day 1 First Party games. Except.. where are those? XD You mean Greg supposedly coming out in Holiday 2021? lol!

At this point i don't think even Sony cares about PS Now. Its the kind of service they might shut down, and nobody will even notice. Nobody streams video games in 2021. Gamers are smarter than that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

Where are the day one first party games or third party games on PSNow? There aren't any. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 2742 Posts

this thread 🀣🀣🀣🀣

and who pays $180/yr for GamePass? Buy up to 36 months of XBOX Live and then use a 1 month Game Pass Ultimate code to make all those months into GPU. So $60 per year for XBL x 3 years =$180 +$14.99 for one month of GPU (asssuming you have already used the $1 upgrade option) means you pay 194.99 for 3 years. That makes it about $65 per year

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 35033 Posts

Some people are really trying hard to cope with Game Pass being the talk of the town these days. πŸ˜…

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 13028 Posts

@hardwenzen: That would be a dumb move, where you hear that?

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 Ghost_of_Phobos
Member since 2020 • 2132 Posts
The PlayStation Boy - Oil circa 2021
The PlayStation Boy - Oil circa 2021

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 10017 Posts

Just sounds like a fanboy argument, because you're not putting any effort into the comparison, just telling us your opinion, which is either lazy or trolling.

But I don't get how the quality of PSNow effects the value of Gamepass Ultimate? :-S

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 15959 Posts

I believe this is the anger stage...

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

cows mad disease

HaH

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 58485 Posts

Thanks for your opinion... I guess.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 7604 Posts

PS Now requires you use a console or stream, so it is inherently inferior regardless of what games are on it.

GP will always be a better value until the downloads come to PC Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―

Anyone who uses PS as their secondary platform (most people) have already bought the few exclusives they want to play, so there really is no value in PS Now for them.

PS Now is just a product for cows.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 5783 Posts

Game Pass is underrated, if anything. It almost feels like stealing. But I was also scrolling through the PS Now library, and was shocked by the amount of content in there. Why isn’t PlayStation marketing this?!?!

Once Game Pass has the 1st party stuff rolling, the service will be undeniable. But we’ve been waiting almost 4 years for these games already. How much longer can Xbox survive on this promise?

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 1257 Posts

Game Pass is great and is only going to get better and better.

Happy gaming!

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 1257 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

PS Now was purely a streaming service before Game Pass.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 sakaiXx  Online
Member since 2013 • 11869 Posts

PSNow actually sometimes gets game first like how they secured deal for Control before game appeared Gamepass some 3 month later. But zero hype from PS teams and it just went pass unnoticed by many just like that.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 5903 Posts

Is this a reassurance thread? You definitely sound secure about the business model of your platform of choice, TC.

@Sagemode87 said:

PS Now actually has more games to download. If Xbox actually had exclusives worth buying, it would be a good deal. As it stands, not interested in playing the Medium and Gears 5. Considering the price difference you get way more with the current PS Plus collection, Plus' better monthly games, and PS Now. Seems since Gamepass is all MS has to offer, they marketed the hell out of it and fooled people into thinking paying 180 dollars a year for it is a "good deal". Sony should rebrand PS Now as uninformed people still think it's stream only.

Why do you want Sony to rebrand PS Now? You Cows called Gamepass trash, and have demonstrated to Sony that Gamepass isnt the way, and now you're begging Sony to make their own Gamepass. Why? Why do you want it? If it isnt the way, then why should Sony even bother?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 16737 Posts

I'm a firm believer in quality over quantity. I took a quick glance at PS Now once and I wasn't really convinced to get it. Gamepass hooked me with Age games and newer MS titles and has kept me with Flight Simulator and Streets of Rage 4.

shadyacshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shadyacshuns
Member since 2007 • 6210 Posts

Cows are just sad right now. :(

2_Quiet_2_Riot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 2_Quiet_2_Riot
Member since 2008 • 919 Posts

TumorStation5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27 TumorStation5
Member since 2021 • 171 Posts

Cool opinion bro, doesn't mean you are right

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 16744 Posts

Cool story bro.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 39243 Posts

It would be stupid to disregard Microsoft's first party games to make case Game Pass has no value, because people who buy Xbox systems don't see things same way as those who don't, obviously.

If MS, Nintendo, Sony all did this same model I wouldn't buy anything, just get each system and use each of their own service. Ps Now isn't quite Game Pass in a number of ways, no PC integration with local play or inclusion of first party games at launch, but that wouldn't take long to fix. I'll worry about Nintendo when they get done playing catch up with 7th gen online features.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thedork_knight  Online
Member since 2011 • 1935 Posts

90% of psnow is shovelware

sts106mat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sts106mat
Member since 2005 • 25437 Posts

Wow cows really cannot catch a break

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20789 Posts

Lmao... cows in meltdown mode.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 20703 Posts

Yeah this does read like some reactionary salt. Something happen?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro

@ConanTheStoner said:

Yeah this does read like some reactionary salt. Something happen?

Most likely the attention it has been getting as of late was the trigger.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4402 Posts

Someone thinks PS now is a thing? That's interesting. You might want to tell Sony that you think it is a thing. Sony never got the memo. They don't even support it for day one exclusives. Give me a break.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 5229 Posts

Wait, Game Pass is $180/year?.. Cows told me everybody was getting it for $1 a month.. πŸ€”

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 7181 Posts

And the winner of this years β€œMost failed thread goes to....”

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 1581 Posts

@sealionact: You have to be a bit lenient with cows. They are going through hard times at the moment. First there was that The Medium review, then there was Sony's underwhelming State of Play, and now 20 Bethesda games are available on Gamepass. It sucks really hard to be a MS hater.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 5783 Posts
@Antwan3K said:

Wait, Game Pass is $180/year?.. Cows told me everybody was getting it for $1 a month.. πŸ€”

1 Year of GP for $85.19

4 months of Ultimate for $29.99

Ultimate for $1 for new members

14 Days of GP for $2.17

And lets not forget the grocery promos

Game Pass isn't always $1, but its certainly not $180

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clone01
Member since 2003 • 28819 Posts

okay.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 58485 Posts

Jeez... This thread crashed and burned.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online

@Antwan3K said:

$14.99 a month is indeed $180 a year. Math confirmed.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1332 Posts

Haha TC in full meltdown like all the cows. MS and Gamepass got them shook to the core and the realisation of the piece of shit they invested in is starting to hit home...hard.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

I'd say it's not that gamepass is overhyped but that ps now is underhyped. If anyone does just a tad bit of research they'd see how good of value each has. On ps now, I love that you can instantly try a game without having to download it. If it's good, then download it. If not, move on to the next game. Large selection of games also. Another advantage for me at least, would be the ability to play on PC without needed expensive hardware. I really wish gamepass had this option, since my laptop won't play most games on gamepass. I think you can do that on mobile, but I'd rather play on a bigger screen with m/kb or controller. Gamepass is twice as much per year as ps now which seems a little high, or ps now is just really cheap. GPU is an ok deal if you play on both xbox and PC but otherwise unneeded. If I had a PC that could run most games, there'd be little need for xbox or GPU.... A little off topic but kinda on: I was thinking about how much money I save/spend on Netflix. In the past, I'd pay around $10 for a movie ticket, or rent that movie later on for $5, or buy the movie on DVD for $10-$20. Now I'm paying $8/month I think for unlimited shows. Probably close to 100 hrs a month in entertainment. Still trying to figure out how Netflix affords to make original shows/movies. If this is how gaming goes, I'll be fine with it. There's very few games I really need to own. And as far as a collection goes, I'll just buy a retro console in the future, like I have with the SNES for classic games. Gamepass and PS now are definitely the future, just one is marketed way better than the other.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pedro

@joshrmeyer said:

I'd say it's not that gamepass is overhyped but that ps now is underhyped. If anyone does just a tad bit of research they'd see how good of value each has. On ps now, I love that you can instantly try a game without having to download it. If it's good, then download it. If not, move on to the next game. Large selection of games also. Another advantage for me at least, would be the ability to play on PC without needed expensive hardware. I really wish gamepass had this option, since my laptop won't play most games on gamepass. I think you can do that on mobile, but I'd rather play on a bigger screen with m/kb or controller. Gamepass is twice as much per year as ps now which seems a little high, or ps now is just really cheap. GPU is an ok deal if you play on both xbox and PC but otherwise unneeded. If I had a PC that could run most games, there'd be little need for xbox or GPU.... A little off topic but kinda on: I was thinking about how much money I save/spend on Netflix. In the past, I'd pay around $10 for a movie ticket, or rent that movie later on for $5, or buy the movie on DVD for $10-$20. Now I'm paying $8/month I think for unlimited shows. Probably close to 100 hrs a month in entertainment. Still trying to figure out how Netflix affords to make original shows/movies. If this is how gaming goes, I'll be fine with it. There's very few games I really need to own. And as far as a collection goes, I'll just buy a retro console in the future, like I have with the SNES for classic games. Gamepass and PS now are definitely the future, just one is marketed way better than the other.

A small problem, folks on this forum HATE game streaming in any form. πŸ˜‹

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Antwan3K

@SolidGame_basic: Game Pass Ultimate is $14.99 a month.. Game Pass is $9.99 a month which is $120 a year.. Math corrected..

And again, where are all the cows that told me everyone was getting Game Pass for $1 a month?.. πŸ€” Is that not a thing anymore?.. Wouldn't that mean Game Pass is $12 a year?..

$12/year =/= $180/year.. Math confirmed.

shadyacshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 shadyacshuns
Member since 2007 • 6210 Posts

I have to wonder who PS now is even for? Casuals, I guess, since long time fans will probably already own most Playstation exclusives, like myself, which makes subbing redundant.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Antwan3K

@joshrmeyer: Game Pass streaming for PC is on the way this year so your problems are solved.. πŸ‘πŸ½

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

@Pedro: It's not ideal, but for just trying out a game to see if you like it, seems like a good thing. Also, as I said, my laptop won't run much newer games, so streaming would be great for me to try out some games from MS that I'd otherwise either have to buy an xbox for or more expensive PC. I think off loading is the future. I have a photoeditting program that offloads the work(not a huge deal, just thought it was cool that basically any PC or phone can use it). I'm not sure why anyone with uncapped bandwidth and a semi decent connection wouldn't appreciate streaming. Latency isn't really an issue anymore. I think it's just a new concept that is foreign to people that are still stuck with huge expensive room warming PCs lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Damn OP needs some tissues, help the man out Billy...