Game Stop employees and EB games employees= PS3 Bashing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

knufsed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 knufsed
Member since 2005 • 1073 Posts

I went into both stores on the same day and asked the same general question: "What's going on with Sony's PS3 these days?"

I just wanted to see what their responses would be.

EB Games chick said: "Absolutely nothing. Sony is contemplating discontinuing the PS3 due to lack of sales."

I said, "What??!" (No way. I don't beleive that.)

Game Stop dude said: "It's garbage! Because it's not being supported, and the Xbox is blowing it out of the water. And the graphics are better."

I said, "Huh??!"

So, I'm just reporting the news, so there is no need to get upset with me, or anything like that.

I've heard that this kind of thing was going on, but I guess I saw and heard it for myself today.

"Damn."

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

How is this news? You just asked two employees who are not employed as spokepersons for their respected companies...

elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts

I went into both stores on the same day and asked the same general question: "What's going on with Sony's PS3 these days?"

EB Games chick said: "Absolutely nothing. Sony is contemplating discontinuing the PS3 due to lack of sales."

Game Stop dude said: "It's garbage! Because it's not being supported, and the Xbox is blowing it out of the water. And the graphics are better."

I said, "Huh??!"

So, I'm just reporting the news, so there is no need to get upset with me, or anything like that.

I've heard that this kind of thing was going on, but I guess I saw and heard it for myself today.

"Damn."

knufsed

you should go to my place their xboxfanboys workin there..When this dude asked about the ps3..one of the employee call the PS3 the next dreamcast and that its only good for a cheap blue ray player..i actually said wtf out loud and his face turned red..And i was talkin crap about the 360 being defective to all the people around me..lol..and the dude jus stay quiet..seriously fanboys shouldnt be workin at any game stores..i even said half of the game sucks too..just to get on his bad side.plus it was the truth anyways.the 360 only got gears of war thats it..lol..

rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 rocktimusprime
Member since 2006 • 3721 Posts

I said, "Huh??!"

"Damn."

knufsed
thats a nice story. truthfully as an EB employee I'd love to sell a PS3 because it nearly comps my sales goal for the day....
KAS3Y_JAM3Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KAS3Y_JAM3Z
Member since 2006 • 1699 Posts

I said, "Huh??!"

"Damn."

knufsed

And? People have their own opinions, I know the whole staff by the gamestop by my school, none of them are crazy about PS3.

When I worked at best buy people asked me about the PS3 and I told them the actual facts, and then gave them my opinion.

I convinced a mother she shouldn't spend 600 dollars on her two 7 and 9 year old kids and stick with a wii or 360.

It's pretty easy to bring up bad news about the PS3. this isn't anything new buddy. 

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts
Would you let these people diswade you from buying what you want anyway.
theboxmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 theboxmike
Member since 2005 • 2615 Posts
Yeah sounds pretty fanboyish............but the graphics part is kinda true at the moment, though that might change
carl2tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 carl2tan
Member since 2003 • 1385 Posts
So basically, alot of non-gamers who are buying a console for thier kids, and dont have a clue, are going to get Wii's and 360's.  If this holds true, PS3 has a serious uphill battle.
karicha9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 karicha9
Member since 2003 • 6927 Posts
This all seems BS to me.  How many of us just strike up conversations with EB employees for the hell of it?  I know I don't.
subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 subyman
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts
  I have a friend that works at EB.  They sell roughly one PS3 a week there.  People have said it just costs to much (I live in a more rural area.)  The Wii is still out of stock though.  360 is selling like it always has.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

I said, "Huh??!"

"Damn."

knufsed

Those store clerks are idiots... :lol:. Believe me, I've ran into my share of numbskull clerks in my time :P. DON'T get your news from them. They make up crap and can be very biased.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Uh, retail employees are regular people. They are not paid to be unbiased. They can spout off about whatever system floats their boats. Seriously, there are just as many fanboys of Sony and Nintendo as there are Microsoft in all the different stores. 

BlazeOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BlazeOC
Member since 2002 • 802 Posts
This all seems BS to me.  How many of us just strike up conversations with EB employees for the hell of it?  I know I don't.karicha9
I have from time to time.
skyvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 skyvader
Member since 2003 • 946 Posts
The GS employees at my store are only hard on the PS3 demos they have running. I can agree with them that they suck but it isn't up to them. Those kiosks are set up by Sony reps and this store has had the sony rep out there 3 times in the last 2 months to fix the kiosk ps3. After the 3rd time the guys just leave it off unless they know the sony guy is coming in to check on things. So when you have to deal with people asking questions and no system stable enough for them to try out, what would YOU say good about the ps3? It was always the motorstorm demo causing it to crash.
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 2largeadults
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

You see...GS and EB Games employees usually make near the minimum wage.

It's hard to be objective when you're also insanely envious/angry of/at the 9 year old whose Mommy just paid $600 for him.

My rationale. 

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#16 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

Two employees some how make up the entire string of stores? Neat.

Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts
[QUOTE="knufsed"]

I said, "Huh??!"

"Damn."

rocktimusprime

thats a nice story. truthfully as an EB employee I'd love to sell a PS3 because it nearly comps my sales goal for the day....

I can personally confirm the GAMESTOP etc are biased against PS3.

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

This all seems BS to me.  How many of us just strike up conversations with EB employees for the hell of it?  I know I don't.karicha9

neither do i,i don't even listen to anybodys else's opinion on what i should or shouldn't buy

chip_money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 chip_money
Member since 2006 • 2748 Posts

Go employees!!

:P 

gamer4life85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamer4life85
Member since 2003 • 1203 Posts

My EB games has fanboys of each system the one that hates 360 according to him HD-DVD DVDS only has 9gb so im like 360s DVDs are 9gbs why would they come out with a new format that is the same sizes.

youngtongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 youngtongue
Member since 2006 • 990 Posts

So basically, alot of non-gamers who are buying a console for thier kids, and dont have a clue, are going to get Wii's and 360's. If this holds true, PS3 has a serious uphill battle.carl2tan

Not true if they haven't heard about the wii then parents will buy the ps3. 

luigionlsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 luigionlsd
Member since 2002 • 314 Posts
I've got a 360 and PS3 (bought March 2006 and 2007, respectively).  I have to say, the PS3 is really turning into a $500 BD player, although I expected as much when I bought one.  I would've bought it at an EB or Gamestop, except for the fact that no stores even stocked the 20gb consoles.  I resorted to eBay.  For the record, I own 2 games (Oblivion and Resistance) and 7 BD movies.
zidane345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 zidane345
Member since 2004 • 695 Posts

i remember i went to Ebgames once and the one of the staff members was telling a story about how someone went in and asked for a PS3 and inside her head she said to herself, "why?". Absolute silence fall upon the room followed by laughter

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
If someone comes strolling in with $700 burning a hole in their pocket they can sell them a PS3, an HDMI cable and a used game. If they sell them an xbox they can sell the console, a pile of used $20-$55 games an extra controller and other accessories, the games and accessories are where all the profit is. What do you expect them to do?
KrazyKev26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KrazyKev26
Member since 2005 • 956 Posts
I guess they don't to want to sell their product then eh? like everytime they do that they lose money and lose a sale as well i donno its just stupid for them to say stuff like that.