game popularity and hate

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loudharley
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

Halo has been bashed over the years based off of its popularity.Now modern warfare is a major series and all of a sudden the hipsters are popping up daily on these messege boards to now bash this game.Halo and modern warfare have sold millions of copys yet so many people seem to enjoy complaining about them,why is that.Why cant something just be good?Why does it matter if something is popular?Im just sick of these to cool for the room people.If i dont like something i just dont like it but i dont try and trash others for enjoying it.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

The more people talk about a game, the more people will bring up why it sucks. Nobody talks about E.T. but we all know what that game was like.

And CoD is the casual go-to game, so of course it's going to be hated by "gamers"

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

The more people talk about a game, the more people will bring up why it sucks. Nobody talks about E.T. but we all know what that game was like.

And CoD is the casual go-to game, so of course it's going to be hated by "gamers"

Pug-Nasty

The "us versus them" mentality in this post is immature.

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

GreySeal9

Mostly being a Sheep Manticore, I feel I'm more on the "Them" side, than the "Us" side.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pug-Nasty

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

GreySeal9

It's not my mentality, it's what I see that people post about the game. Nobody accuses Halo of being casual, I'm not sure what people hate about it, I like sticky grenades and gravity hammers, but dislike the gunplay.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

Pug-Nasty

It's not my mentality, it's what I see that people post about the game. Nobody accuses Halo of being casual, I'm not sure what people hate about it, I like sticky grenades and gravity hammers, but dislike the gunplay.

Well, regardless of whether it's your mentality or not, it's a ridiculous reason to hate on a game.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
honestly i dont know why people hate on the game so much. i guess its the lead giving killstreak rewards and deathstreak rewards. i really dont care, i just like the game, i also cant wait to finally unwrap BFBC 2. im an FPS lover.......for some reason i didnt get into KZ2 though. the multiplayer was cool, but the single player was a bland mess.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

the reasons i can think of why i dislike MW2 is

Unbalanced Multi,Overpriced maps,Pisspoor campaign length i beat it in 3h -___- would have been bette watching black hawk down and cheaper too,overpriced at launch yup a tenner more than every other game on the markets a good move,spec ops feels tacked on and finally the overall presentation of the game feels slightly rehashed and a tad rushed.

Avatar image for krato_sephiroth
krato_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 krato_sephiroth
Member since 2006 • 113 Posts

while soo many people are buying COD and halo, they are ignoring the ton of good games out there. Its just frustrating when some of the best games of all time are outsold by such a popular game(I mean halo and MW are great but there are quite a few much better games out there unplayed)

Also COD is made by activision, which will milk every last cent of its consumers and prefer charging 120 dollars for MW2 becuz its 2 times better than any game on the marker. The maps have also been way overpriced.and there's a new COD every year.I'm refferring to the milking of both these series to death

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

honestly i dont know why people hate on the game so much. i guess its the lead giving killstreak rewards and deathstreak rewards. i really dont care, i just like the game, i also cant wait to finally unwrap BFBC 2. im an FPS lover.......for some reason i didnt get into KZ2 though. the multiplayer was cool, but the single player was a bland mess.slvrraven9

I hate the game because of the god damn campers, they are everywhere now, even more than at launch day!

Still I play it from time to time.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pug-Nasty

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

GreySeal9

Well, regardless of whether it's your mentality or not, it's a ridiculous reason to hate on a game.

Why? You can see a lot of other games taking ideas from COD, so far it hasn't been the worst ones; no recoil, auto-aim; for the most part. But what if they do? Then it's just casual FPS games for everyone? All to try and duplicate the sales from those games?

dsgsdfgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dsgsdfgf
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

The same things that makes the game attractive to casual players(the big majority) is the same that makes me don't like the game usually.

Dataleak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dataleak
Member since 2010 • 1737 Posts

I couldn't care less how popular a game is, or how much it's sold. If I don't like a game, I don't like it. Simple as that.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pug-Nasty

I also think a large part of it is that sequels are usually hyped and, when they arrive, you have a lot of people that like changes made to the game, and a lot of people that hate them.

GTA IV is a great example of this, the changes were welcomed by many and didn't sit well with many others.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#15 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

It's because of hype, once you play the game you expect it to be as good as reviews indicate it to be but when it fails to meet your expectations, it gets hate.

loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 loudharley

Someone said that this thread is imature.Correct me if im wrong but isnt 99.9% of system wars immature?I actually didnt start this thread because i wanted to argue but rather try and figure out why so many people claim they hate a game thats millions of people are playing.Obviously a lot of people like games like halo and cod,so whys that a problem?Also someone said that because of halo and call of duty other great games get overlooked and to some extent i agree but shouldnt some of that blame go towards the company that releases these games?Maybe instead of releasing a new game along side a halo or call of duty they should push it back a few months and advertise more,ya know build interest for the product.No one knew halo would become what it did but someone believed in it and pushed it so people would notice it.Its just think its annoying how people trash something just because its popular this goes on with just about every thing.Games,movies,music and tv shows get done the same way.If you enjoy something that just happens to be popular there will always be someone out there to tell u why its bad and set u streight.I like what i like,so what do u want from me?

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
lol how did I know this was going to be a thread about Halo or CoD? I find out it's a thread about both... so do I get two cookies instead of one?
loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 loudharley

Also i know i mispelled a few words in that last post so no need in pointing it out.I type fast and it doesnt always turn out perfect.

loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 loudharley

Sorry i know that threads about cod and halo pop up on a daily basis.I just wanted to start a discussion about enjoying something that just happens to be a major hit and why some people think its bad.

SgtKevali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SgtKevali
Member since 2009 • 5763 Posts

Call of Duty is the game that is popular to hate on right now, however in a few months that will change. (a strong anti-hate population is growing in SW and soon it will not be popular to hate it)

loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 loudharley

Yea as soon as the reach beta comes out they will turn there sites towards it.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
I don't have games based on popularity. I hate them due to them not being good. Now, there are some games I don't support which is not the same as hate. For example, I don't support MW but that's not necessarily because its bad (which I actually don't know since I havent played MW2, I did play MW1) but because of the publishing company's tyranic practices.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
i have no problem with halo, its a decent game i just dont think it lives up to its hype. MW2 however since i am a primarily pc gamer i have my reasons to dislike hat game.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
We all hate MW2 because they copy + pasted COD4's multiplayer, and made a 3 hour long campaign.
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

I find the "hipsters" to be the gamers that play a game because of it's popularity.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
people hate good things that sell well. just look at the wii and systemwars
forza420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 forza420
Member since 2010 • 1225 Posts

Yea as soon as the reach beta comes out they will turn there sites towards it.

loudharley
probably not seeing that it looks to be awesome. and its "their sights" :P
loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 loudharley

Im sorry ForsakenWickedbut a comment like "publishing company's tyranic practices" is some hipster b.s. if ive ever heard it.Save that crap for one of your save the whales conventions.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Well considering we are on a GAMES FORUM, it's only natural people bring their opinions to the table. Just because one game is loved by one person, doesn't mean the other person has to like it. Though if you don't like Chrono Trigger, you should burn in hell...

Just kidding ;)

loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 loudharley

Im sorry forza420i made a mistake,how dare i.

forza420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 forza420
Member since 2010 • 1225 Posts

Im sorry forza420i made a mistake,how dare i.

loudharley
i was only messing with you :P
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pug-Nasty

Im sorry ForsakenWickedbut a comment like "publishing company's tyranic practices" is some hipster b.s. if ive ever heard it.Save that crap for one of your save the whales conventions.

loudharley

God forbid consumers of any market support, or boycott, companies based off their business models and customer focus. You sound like a roid-raging GOP propaganda spammer with an attitude like that. Consumers have a responsibility to propagate good business practices with their dollars.

The GOP comment is a joke by the way, I don't really think your nuts or anything, it was just a response to the "hipster" comment, a word I despise and have seen overused as of late.

loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 loudharley

Actually pug nasty i do lean more to the right but consider myself an independant.Why make a comment like that and then hide behind saying that your just kidding?If your gonna insult someone act like a man and just do it.I dont really understand why the left think that everyone has to agree with them but as soon as someone says something that they disagree with thier called idiots.Anyways i wasnt trying to make this a political thread and im not defending activison.Personally i dont even know the whole story of whats goin on with activision and thier employees because i simply dont care and its irrelavent to my life.I started this thread because i noticed how system wars went from bashing the halo series on a daily basis until modern warfare hit big.I just dont understand why people bash something based off of its popularity,especially considering that these are just video games.Obviously halo or cod arent everyones taste and thats fine,it just seems like some people go out of thier way to complain about the craziest things.I actually worked with a guy years ago that started calling me an idiot for buying an xbox over a ps2 and in all honesty when i went to buy a system i was just getting something to play games on and the xbox caught my eye.The guy was kindeve joking around but i could tell he was like some super sony supporter.The xbox was the first system i had bought since owning a super nintendo so i was kindeve out of the loop on game consoles but ended up really enjoying my purchase.

neildneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 neildneil
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts

I don't 'hate' any game, there's just a lot that I don't like. I've been disappointed by many games... GTA IV, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts&Bolts, every Tony Hawk's game after Underground 2 and plenty of others, but I don't hate them. And I really couldn't care less if MW2 is "casualising" the FPS genre, because I'm really not a fan of FPS games at all, but that's just my own personal view, which is pretty irrelevant.

Basically, I just don't understand hating a game like you'd prefer it never existed, when, if you don't like it, you're not going to play it anyway.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
it happens to every good franchise, its because the kids go to play the franchise that they've read is overrated and have a preconcieved thought if it isn't the best game they've ever played than its overrated or its bad. Which is unfortunate
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
Halo mainly gets bashed by fanboys but MW2 is just a broken mess. I REALLY wanted to love MW2 after COD4 but I just couldn't stand it.
loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 loudharley

Im not a fan of final fantasy or rpg games in general but it doesnt bother me that people enjoy those games.I havent been coming to system wars that much over the past several months because it seems like people just keep trashing this place with the same 3,or 4 topics.I understand that some childish behavior will find its way in here but it just gets annoying at how much gets through.I always enjoyed system wars because ever so often youd get a little bit of info on something you hadnt heard before.

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#39 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Modern Warfare (at least the second one) I can see...not even naming anything about Activision, the campaign was both awesome and disappointing (sure, it had tons of action, at the expense of a story that kept on track...IMO, each mission felt more skitzophrenic than fluid...and the extremely short length :?) The map packs are a middle finger to hardcore fans of the series, and MP always seems to have one problem right after another one is fixed (not always glitchers and hacks, but sometimes I feel like I was screwed out of a win that wasn't in my control). It's a great game of course, but one of the rare games that most bashers do have some points I agree with.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
I like the Halo haters. Not the reasonable people who give legit and valid reasons why they aren't fond of Halo. I mean I like the haters. The ignorant ones, the close minded ones, the hypocritical ones that try to be "pretentious", the anti popularity crowd, the I'm cool because their opinion is edgy and different. Deflating that ego is ever so satisfying :)
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
Halo mainly gets bashed by fanboys but MW2 is just a broken mess. I REALLY wanted to love MW2 after COD4 but I just couldn't stand it.gamebreakerz__
agreed, the halo debate breaks even further to the 360 fan boys that prefer cod over it but i dont think they realize how much more broken mw 2 is, cod 4 i loved but i still thought h3 was better than both mw2 and mw
Ultizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ultizer
Member since 2010 • 1037 Posts

halo is awesome, MW1 is awesome, MW2 is not

Avatar image for KillTheKing2011
KillTheKing2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KillTheKing2011
Member since 2010 • 58 Posts

I agree, I don't like either game & I feel no need to bash it in anyway. However, this is the basic foolish demeanor here in SW, people don't like a game or console for good or stupid reasons & think they have to tell everyone about it & isn't that really just sad?

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

Where there is love, there will be hate. No matter what you do there will always be haters. And the more people there are who love the game, the more people there will be who will hate it. The hate will grow to people who haven't even played the game because the people around them hate it. Best thing to is just shrug it off and say

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
It's because they're bad games, the fact that they're opular just beings them to people's attention. CoD never was that great, nothing particularly innovetive. Halo is pretty bland too though it's also pretty slow and seems to be plagued with aiming issues (auto aim and lack of accuracy), it feels like one of those old generic FPS but with things a bit more spread out and a better sound track.
Metalscarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Metalscarz
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts

It's because they're bad games, the fact that they're opular just beings them to people's attention. CoD never was that great, nothing particularly innovetive. Halo is pretty bland too though it's also pretty slow and seems to be plagued with aiming issues (auto aim and lack of accuracy), it feels like one of those old generic FPS but with things a bit more spread out and a better sound track.markop2003

No, the fact is you're that hater thats going to hate.

They are not bad games. They are popular games that you dislike for whatever reason.

You have no argument other then the tried true and played out, "opinion" . The games have the rest of the industry. Enjoy your "haterade".