Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 17059 Posts
@brimmul777 said:

Just pre-ordered the Steam Deck 256gb. Holy smokes it’s expensive in Canadian dollars? I think it came to $649.99, not including tax? The 512gb model came to over $800!!! Wow I almost didn’t reserve it?

Yup but hey we're used to getting screwed with our dollar ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11326 Posts

Sheep really are threatened by the Steam Deck XD

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Casey-Wegner  Online
Member since 2021 • 800 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@enzyme36 said:
@hardwenzen said:

I talk from a gamers point of view, while you're talking from a soccer mom point of view. Glad to see you care about what they consider as quality gaming content.

Only soccer moms playing switch is a stupid ass take

The "soccer mom" is to generalize casuals. Be it a kid, a literal child, a mom, a granny, etc. Not the kind of person that looks forward to a game such as Starfield because they have never even heard of it. What this demographic thinks of a certain title is completely irrelevant. If the whole industry cared, every game would be Angry Birds, Minecraft and Pokemon. No thank you.

Ignoring successful core games such as League of Legends, Apex Legends, WoW, Overwatch, Grand Theft Auto, Witcher, Monster Hunter, etc.

Soccer mom's are totally into gaming portables and Monster Hunter Rise bro. I heard they also like open worlds like BOTW /s

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#54 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 46296 Posts

"The Steam Deck is for hardcore Steam users who want to access their library on the go, and possibly for the PC game first-timer who wants be on Steam but with the convenience that only consoles provide," Kantan Games' CEO and founder Dr Serkan Toto explains.

When water rains, stuff becomes wet.

- Dr Expert CEO of "No Shit"

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Casey-Wegner  Online
@NoodleFighter said:

This article is more about Switch becoming the best selling platform ever, the Steam Deck news was just a funny aside that I thought you, @hardwenzen@wonderwinner and @techhog89 would enjoy. Ya'll don't seem overly confident about the Deck "clapping" the Switch at this point 🤣 You're fading bro's

shadyacshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 shadyacshuns  Online
Member since 2007 • 6652 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

Truth is, nobody is. 😄

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By pmanden
Member since 2016 • 1672 Posts

155 million units by 2025? Darn, that is impressive if those numbers hold up. Switch is repeating the story of the Gameboy. Vastly inferior hardware but beating the competition.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 37818 Posts

I miss the PS2. It actually had games.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 16375 Posts

I think the analysis is pretty accurate.

the only thing i would add (as i am a profession amateur analyst in my own right :P) is that the deck may be seen as a good entry point for PC gaming too for people who just want to try it out but are more comfortable with console controls and such like. like a bit of a bridge device or a halfway house. the price point of the base model especially could tempt some to give it a punt whereas the prospect of speccing out a PC and dealing with the upfront cost of a solid PC may put them off.

But a switch killer, in terms of sales, this isn't. it wont even be remotely close. anyone trying to claim the switch is now dead is just trying to set the deck up for failure as some kind of pwnage on forums. unlike the switch, the deck has to sell on its own merits as a piece of hardware. it is competing directly with laptops, desktops and other handhelds like the GPD win.

if valve sell 1million within 3-4 years they will be doing well. that would be like alienware selling 1million of a specfic SKU of a PC or laptop. its unheard of in the PC space outside of desktops for businesses.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6593 Posts

You'd have to be delusional to think the Steam Deck will put a dent in Nintendo's sales. The Deck is a cool bit of tech, but it will fade into memory fast and will be looked back on as that weird-but-cool handheld Valve made that one time years back.

The handheld market doesn't care about specs, that's obvious. Nintendo dominate the market with brand recognition and loyalty alone. Valve is nothing to them, and they couldn't care less about clock speeds, memory bandwidth, system memory, etc..

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 palasta
Member since 2017 • 411 Posts

Of course its no competition. It wont reach sales of popular consoles, not even close.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 686 Posts

And the Switch will do it without the DVD player gimmick and massive price cuts. Wow Nintendo.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 10843 Posts

@mesome713 said:

And the Switch will do it without the DVD player gimmick and massive price cuts. Wow Nintendo.

Its not "wow nintendo", its "WOW! Nintendo fans"🤦‍♂️

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Mesome713

@hardwenzen: We love them too. They’re awesome.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 hardwenzen  Online

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: We love them too. They’re awesome.

You like being milked as well, which is fine since its your own pockets. And people complain about $70 Sony games🤭

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Mesome713

@hardwenzen: O trust me, if Nintendo didn’t hate money so much, I’d be giving them much more.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 hardwenzen  Online

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: O trust me, if Nintendo didn’t hate money so much, I’d be giving them much more.

Why even telling me this? Of course you would.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Mesome713

@hardwenzen: BTW $70 is too much for a Sony game. You can play them on YouTube for free.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hardwenzen  Online

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: BTW $70 is too much for a Sony game. You can play them on YouTube for free.

I forgot you can't do that with Nintendo games, especially when they're permanently $60 and lock content behind $30 toys. Thing is, tho you can't play cardboard on Youtube, so Nintendo wins easily🤣

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Mesome713

@hardwenzen: Nintendo just hates money, I want that $30 toy so bad. They refuse to sell me one.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 19373 Posts

Is there anyone saying steam deck will magically catch up to switch and outsell it? Anyone?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 38727 Posts

Nice straw man argument you got going here...

lol :P

WonderWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 WonderWinner
Member since 2021 • 1889 Posts

@casey-wegner said:
@NoodleFighter said:

This article is more about Switch becoming the best selling platform ever, the Steam Deck news was just a funny aside that I thought you, @hardwenzen@wonderwinner and @techhog89 would enjoy. Ya'll don't seem overly confident about the Deck "clapping" the Switch at this point 🤣 You're fading bro's

Nah you're feeling threatened lol

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts

as a soccer mom and child, i like the switch.

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Casey-Wegner  Online

@TheEroica said:

Is there anyone saying steam deck will magically catch up to switch and outsell it? Anyone?

A few people were saying it would clap the switch like @hardwenzen... but they've backed down since this thread it seems.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 695 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

"The Steam Deck is for hardcore Steam users who want to access their library on the go, and possibly for the PC game first-timer who wants be on Steam but with the convenience that only consoles provide," Kantan Games' CEO and founder Dr Serkan Toto explains.

When water rains, stuff becomes wet.

- Dr Expert CEO of "No Shit"

right... lol "Steam Deck is for hardcore steam users"

For real, Im considering getting one, but im going to let it play out first. Hate being a 1st adopter. I already have a nice PC so i might pass but steam deck is interesting. For someone who doesn't have a gaming PC id suggest they take the money for the steam deck and put it into a rig instead but hey.. different strokes for different folks

I dont see this thing competing with the switch at all tbh, its neat tho

shadyacshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 shadyacshuns  Online

@Badosh said:

as a soccer mom and child, i like the switch.

Playstation and Xbox are for hardcore gamers like yourself.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 4813 Posts

@casey-wegner said:
@NoodleFighter said:

Loading Video...

Steam is the king of gaming

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 58793 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

@lundy86_4: still triggered I see. 😎

Cry harder. 😎

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Casey-Wegner  Online

@techhog89 said:
@casey-wegner said:
@NoodleFighter said:

This article is more about Switch becoming the best selling platform ever, the Steam Deck news was just a funny aside that I thought you, @hardwenzen@wonderwinner and @techhog89 would enjoy. Ya'll don't seem overly confident about the Deck "clapping" the Switch at this point

You're fading bro's

Loading Video...

So after reading the article do you still feel the Deck is going to take attention of the Switch or are you conceding defeat on that point?

🤣

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1435 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

The Steam Deck is literally not a threat to the Switch. We just find it funny that most people, when voting on the poll, don't even care for handheld gaming like that. Most people on here who support the Steam Deck are doing it to spite the Switch. There are already alternatives to the Steam Deck such as laptops, smart phones, tablets, and the Switch. Yet people think it's going to take off.

WonderWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 WonderWinner

@luxuryheart: why are sheep damage controlling this handheld over and over then? Y'all clearly threatened by it. Faux Wegner is having multiple meltdowns per day.

shadyacshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 shadyacshuns  Online

@techhog89 said:

Steam comes off of fresh poop.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#84  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 4423 Posts
@wonderwinner said:

@luxuryheart: why are sheep damage controlling this handheld over and over then? Y'all clearly threatened by it. Faux Wegner is having multiple meltdowns per day.

Playstation and Xbox fanboys "damage control" every frickin thing. At this point it's not you they're trying to convince, but themselves. I don't really get the cow vs sheep thing so I am not sure which you are talking about, but from the outside looking in, I find the Xbox crowd to be far, far more reasonable.

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Casey-Wegner  Online
@wonderwinner said:

Do you really thinking we're threatened by Steam Deck, or laughing at the several members here that claimed it would clap the Switch, which in retrospect looks hilarious after reading this article which outlines the numbers in painful detail.

Also, laughing at Sony fans, because the Switch will outsell their baby, the PS2, already amassing close to 2/3rds of its overall sales in just over 4 years, when PS2 was basically being given away for $99.99, on the market for 13 years, and sold primarily because it cost efficient dvd player?

TLDR: Cows are salty af.

🤣

WonderWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By WonderWinner

@casey-wegner: Too much text.

Yeah, threatened all right.

WonderWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 WonderWinner

@eoten: lemmings more reasonable? Hell no. Lemmings request bans left and right because people mock their favorite brand. If anything, lemmings are the most rabid and thin skinned fanboys of them all.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 hardwenzen  Online

@shadyacshuns said:
@techhog89 said:

Steam comes off of fresh poop.

What kind of a dudebro comment is that? You're becoming more and more dudebro by the day shadyacshuns

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 NoodleFighter

@luxuryheart said:
@NoodleFighter said:

The Steam Deck is literally not a threat to the Switch. We just find it funny that most people, when voting on the poll, don't even care for handheld gaming like that. Most people on here who support the Steam Deck are doing it to spite the Switch. There are already alternatives to the Steam Deck such as laptops, smart phones, tablets, and the Switch. Yet people think it's going to take off.

Sheep think it's going to be an utter failure even though the Steam Deck has over 100k preorders in its first 3 hours. The Switch is hardly an alternative to the Steam Deck considering their libraries are vastly different, which is one of the reasons why sheep say the Steam Deck isn't a threat at all to the Switch because people buy the Switch for Nintendo games not 3rd party titles. The Steam Deck is cheaper than a gaming capable laptop and is just as portable as a Switch. PC games that aren't ancient or incredibly low end can't run on smartphones/tablets without streaming.

@casey-wegner said:
@NoodleFighter said:

Steam Deck may not make a huge dent in Switch sales but it certainly makes Nintendo look bad that the Steam Deck is 3-4x more powerful while only costing $50 more than the Switch OLED.

shadyacshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 shadyacshuns  Online

@NoodleFighter said:

@casey-wegner said:

Steam Deck may not make a huge dent in Switch sales but it certainly makes Nintendo look bad that the Steam Deck is 3-4x more powerful while only costing $50 more than the Switch OLED.

Stop being disingenuous with that failed argument. Nobody wants the 64GB version using the slow memory system that won't be good for practically anything. It's just a crutch for people like you to use in bad faith.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 NoodleFighter

@shadyacshuns said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@casey-wegner said:

Stop being disingenuous with that failed argument. Nobody wants the 64GB version using the slow memory system that won't be good for practically anything. It's just a crutch for people like you to use in bad faith.

I see plenty of people on the internet saying they're getting the 64GB version. You do realize that the Nintendo Switch's internal memory is eMMC just like the Steam Deck? So does that mean the Switch's memory is slow or its only slow on the Steam Deck because you don't like it? You just strengthened my argument. eMMC ain't even as slow as you sheep are making it out to be, they're still faster than HDDs which is what the overwhelming majority of games on PC are made in mind with. Either way it doesn't change the fact that the Steam Deck is selling you the same amount and type of storage you'd get on the Switch OLED but $50 more you get 4x better performance.

You sheep just can't face the fact that Nintendo's been selling you a system that came out in 2017 but has 2015 hardware at a profit all this time.

shadyacshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 shadyacshuns  Online

@NoodleFighter: Difference is, Switch isn't trying to play Battlefield 2042 and the like, and Switch games don't take up the same kinds of data that PC games do.

Hermits like yourself are just ignorant about any other kind of gaming that isn't PC. You have no understanding of AA titles or handheld gaming in general, like your prophet Gabe.

Just admit that this steam device is only for steam enthusiasts and will never be sought after by the average consumer. And that should be enough for those of you who want it, instead of trolling another fanbase with something like this.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts

I think the SD is on a league of its own. It's gonna appease gamers who are looking for other alternatives for portable gaming other than the Switch, their Tablets, Smartphones , etc.

As for Switch outselling the PS2, it would be a miracle if it tried. I mean 155 + million PS2 sold? That would be a feat to counter.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1435 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

No, we're pointing out that gamers, who don't even like handheld gaming by the way, are propping the Steam Deck up. It's like the Remy Ma vs Nicki Minaj situation. The people who were support Remy Ma didn't even buy her music because they weren't fans of Remy, they were haters of Nicki. I expect the Steam Deck to go down that same path. The audience is niche. Like it's literally people who want Steam gaming on the go, while not wanting to use their phones/tablets, and who hate the Switch. What is the overlap of people who want portable gaming, but hate it on their phones/tablet and the Switch? Now how many of those people don't want a gaming laptop?

@shadyacshuns said:

@NoodleFighter: Difference is, Switch isn't trying to play Battlefield 2042 and the like, and Switch games don't take up the same kinds of data that PC games do.

Hermits like yourself are just ignorant about any other kind of gaming that isn't PC. You have no understanding of AA titles or handheld gaming in general, like your prophet Gabe.

Just admit that this steam device is only for steam enthusiasts and will never be sought after by the average consumer. And that should be enough for those of you who want it, instead of trolling another fanbase with something like this.

The biggest fans of the Steam Deck are huge Steam enthusiasts who want Steam gaming on the go but hate gaming on smartphones/tablets, and Nintendo haters. The Steam on the go crowd will buy it, but they're niche. The Nintendo haters crowd is big, but they aren't buying this. I just don't see PS5 and desktop PC owners buying this thing.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 NoodleFighter

@shadyacshuns said:

There is a wide variety of games on Steam. Funny you sheep resort to AAA games that the Switch can't even dream of getting as a argument for why the Steam Deck isn't a good handheld. There are lots of hit PC games that can easily fit on the Steam Deck's 64GB storage.

• Disco Elysium: 19GiB (Proton)
  • Hades: 11.4 GiB (Proton)
  • The Witness: 3.8 GiB (Proton)
  • Dyson Sphere Program: 2.5 GiB
  • Factorio: 1.6 GiB
  • Valheim: 1 GiB
  • Untitled Goose Game: 831 MiB (Proton)
  • Vintage Story: 434 MiB (not on Steam, but Linux-native)
  • TowerFall: 365 MiB
  • Rimworld 353 MiB
    • Hollow Knight: 7.5GB
    • Outer Wilds: 7.2GB
    • Darksburg: 2.3GB
    • Oxygen Not Included: 1.6GB
    • Graveyard Keeper: 1.5GB
    • Northgard: 1.2GB
    • Crying Suns: 1.0GB
    • Dead Cells: 0.9GB
    • Stardew Valley: 0.6GB
    • Fez: 0.4GB
    • FTL: 0.3GB
    • Undertale: 0.1GB
    • Baba Is You: 0.08GB
    • Papers Please: 0.07GB

Even then if 64GB is too small for the games they want they can either pay for the nvme models or just get an microSD card. You can get a 512GB microSD card for $62 on Amazon right now and it would still be cheaper than getting the 256gb and 512gb Steam Deck models while having more storage space. You sheep are trying to make a mountain out of any problem no matter how small you can possibly find with the Steam Deck because you guys are seriously threatened by it that much. Nevermind that the Switch first party games are $60 and hardly go on sale for $40 at most, meanwhile games on Steam frequently go on sale for cheaper and there are 3rd party sites such as Fanatical, Humble Bundle, Greenmangaming, Eneba and etc that sell Steam keys for even cheaper prices. People with Steam Decks would be able to build up much bigger libraries without spending as much as they would on a Switch.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 1451 Posts

@enzyme36: Cargo pants could fit the entire solar system in the pockets.

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Casey-Wegner  Online
@NoodleFighter said:
@shadyacshuns said:

There is a wide variety of games on Steam. Funny you sheep resort to AAA games that the Switch can't even dream of getting as a argument for why the Steam Deck isn't a good handheld. There are lots of hit PC games that can easily fit on the Steam Deck's 64GB storage.

• Disco Elysium: 19GiB (Proton)
  • Hades: 11.4 GiB (Proton)
  • The Witness: 3.8 GiB (Proton)
  • Dyson Sphere Program: 2.5 GiB
  • Factorio: 1.6 GiB
  • Valheim: 1 GiB
  • Untitled Goose Game: 831 MiB (Proton)
  • Vintage Story: 434 MiB (not on Steam, but Linux-native)
  • TowerFall: 365 MiB
  • Rimworld 353 MiB
    • Hollow Knight: 7.5GB
    • Outer Wilds: 7.2GB
    • Darksburg: 2.3GB
    • Oxygen Not Included: 1.6GB
    • Graveyard Keeper: 1.5GB
    • Northgard: 1.2GB
    • Crying Suns: 1.0GB
    • Dead Cells: 0.9GB
    • Stardew Valley: 0.6GB
    • Fez: 0.4GB
    • FTL: 0.3GB
    • Undertale: 0.1GB
    • Baba Is You: 0.08GB
    • Papers Please: 0.07GB

Even then if 64GB is too small for the games they want they can either pay for the nvme models or just get an microSD card. You can get a 512GB microSD card for $62 on Amazon right now and it would still be cheaper than getting the 256gb and 512gb Steam Deck models while having more storage space. You sheep are trying to make a mountain out of any problem no matter how small you can possibly find with the Steam Deck because you guys are seriously threatened by it that much. Nevermind that the Switch first party games are $60 and hardly go on sale for $40 at most, meanwhile games on Steam frequently go on sale for cheaper and there are 3rd party sites such as Fanatical, Humble Bundle, Greenmangaming, Eneba and etc that sell Steam keys for even cheaper prices. People with Steam Decks would be able to build up much bigger libraries without spending as much as they would on a Switch.

I feel bad for true, realistic fans of Steam Deck who are going to get the blow back when sales numbers come out because of posts like this.

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Casey-Wegner  Online
@M8ingSeezun said:

I think the SD is on a league of its own. It's gonna appease gamers who are looking for other alternatives for portable gaming other than the Switch, their Tablets, Smartphones , etc.

As for Switch outselling the PS2, it would be a miracle if it tried. I mean 155 + million PS2 sold? That would be a feat to counter.

You realise Switch has been out for just over 4 years and is closing in on 100 million and it took PS2 13 years to reach 150 million right?

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts

@casey-wegner said:
@M8ingSeezun said:

You realise Switch has been out for just over 4 years and is closing in on 100 million and it took PS2 13 years to reach 150 million right?

That's no guarantee and who knows, Nintendo may announce, let's assume around 2023, a totally new Switch successor long before the original Switch or OLED Switch even reach 150 million.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 hardwenzen  Online

The Switch will look so god awful in comparison. Nintendo is already shacking, just like every sheep on SW.