Game Franchises You Are Done With? (Franchise Fatigue)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
Assuming these are franchises we've played at least a few games from? Call of Duty(stopped at 4) Gears(stopped at 3, but only played a little bit of 2 and 3) Dead Island(game is just shit and didn't want to even touch riptide) Uncharted(stopped at 2) Halo(Stopped at Halo 3 - dabbled in Halo Reach and 4, but didn't play really much at all--just played at friends') Fable(2nd one sucked horribly and never really played 3rd) Fear(stopped after 2nd one) Resident Evil(Stopped after 5, although I did buy 6 and am planning to play through it co-op with a buddy just for laughs. I know it's going to suck, so this is just temporary.) Zelda(For some reason, hard to get back into the newer games) And there might be a few more, but that's it for now.
Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
Don't know really Ol' Jack is pissed of with may a franchise but he can still be lured back if the next game is greatly improved.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#153 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

I stay away from modern military shooters, they're way to boring and washed out these days. That's about it.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

I really have no problem with companies making the same game and milking it for all its worth as long as its good, the unfortunate reality is that many companies don't really know how to milk responsibly.Alot of my fav Franchises are milked to death, any nintendo first party game, MGS, Final Fantasy (although this is floundering a bit),  The Tales games, Elder scrolls, GTA.These are examples of good milkage.

Bad  milkage is COD, Assasins creed. They are milking these "cows until blood is coming out the udders. 

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] 30K players is pretty much dead?heeweesRus

Things work a bit differently in the delusional depths of a cow mind...

I'm a manticore.

If you are not firmly polishing the actively excreting hole of the XBox swimmingly with flourish, believe me, they will find a way of painting you as a Cow. Post-2009 Lemmings are more Die-hard than Bruce Willis's IMDB.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#156 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts
Assassin's Creed COD I just can't take it anymore.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"] super Mario galaxy stuffvashkey
I'm just now starting to play Galaxy 2 but I honestly preferred the adventurey feel of the first one.

Yeah understandable. I know a lot of people feel that way. By the end of the 3rd World I knew I liked the 2nd game much more than the first.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#158 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I wouldn't say fatigue.

I just can't justife paying the asking prices for most 3DS games. I really want to get Mario and a few others. 

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

Call of Duty and Assassin Creed.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#160 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Crysis

CoD

Assassins Creed

Splinter Cell

MGS

Resident Evil

Final Fantasy (the last one i loved was IX)

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Halo and Gears Of War for sure, possibly God Of War. After Halo 4 I just felt like, awwww same crap again.

Maybe next gen will change my mind about these games.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
Gears, Halo, COD, Final Fantasy, Resistance and Fable.
Wiiyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Wiiyou
Member since 2012 • 650 Posts

Metal gear solid, Uncharted and all its clones, jeeez that getting old fast:|

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I think the only one that I am for sure done with is halo. I haven't liked one since number 3. 

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts
Call of Duty by far, im so damn sick of COD game rehashes every year, the ONLY COD games I bought were COD World at War and COD MW 1& 2
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#166 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
None, if a great game comes along for any IP I'll give it a try.
PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

Call of Duty should be on everyones list.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#168 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Call of Duty, Gears of War, And Halo.. Well only Sh*t halo that has been becoming out after Halo 3, which was the last great halo game. Which I could still play and have tons of fun with to this day...

Unless they get it right and make it an arena shooter again I'm not interested anymore. 

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Uncharted. Liked the first one okay, thought the second was more of a movie than a game, couldn't play more than three hours of the third. Got Golden Abyss when I bought a used Vita bundle off Craigslist, promptly got rid of it.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#171 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Assassin's Creed - AC3 wasn't very good, and AC4 doesn't look that promising.

CoD. Loved the first Modern Warfare, everything since has been meh at best. Probably because I am not a big online gamer.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Call of Duty 

Halo 

Gears of War 

Mario 

Assasins Creed 

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

King's Bounty: Couldn't get into them.

Gothic and Risen: Gothic 3 & 4 never happened, and Risen 1 and 2 were mediocore at best compared to Night of the Raven.

Fallout: New Vegas was a masterpiece, Bethesda can't ever hope to top that, especially after the third game was so bad.

Disciples: It really pisses me off how the company who got 3 managed to screw it up so bad. Even Disciples: Reincarnation doesn't hold a candle to 2.

Total War: I used to love these games, can't get into them at all now. Empire was garbage on the whole and Shogun 2 wasn't much better.

Eschalon: If you are going to make an RPG 'old school', MAKE IT WITH THE GOOD PARTS. These games take everything I hate about older RPGs and mixes it into a terrible package.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

Zelda - Nintendo is content with sticking with the same formula. I've had enough.

Gears of War - The third one was enough. Should have ended there.

God of War - There's nothing more you can do with the formula.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Halo Call of Duty(I can't even play these anymore, they release a new game every year. Too much...)
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#176 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
Ratchet & Clank Final Fantasy Assassin's Creed God of War Infamous Pokemon (please stop making this crap) Call of Duty GT All Dancing games. BF Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake games DoA, Tekken and all SNK fighting games.
Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts
Assassin's Creed I guess? Didn't feel like playing any more of them after Brotherhood. Maybe if they make one as amazing as Assassin's Creed II, but that won't happen.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Zelda - Nintendo is content with sticking with the same formula. I've had enough.sammyjenkis898
You can fault Skyward Sword for alot of things but it sticking to close to the Zelda formula isn't one of them. Infact it's the opposite
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#180 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Zelda until it uses realistic graphics on the Wii U.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I cannot think of any franchise that I am done with because of fatigue.  Assassins Creed maybe?  

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

Resident Evil - Franchise is a mess now, so sad.

Diablo - Diablo 2 is one of the greatest games of all-time. How they could go from that to the fiasco that is D3 is a crime against video games.

Silent Hill: It's over. Downpour was terrible and a step down from Homecoming, IMO. No more please.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#183 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

gears of war.

Halo.

Bioshock.

I think that's it.

I still hold out hope that the Diablo IP get's sold and that resident evil receives a proper restart.

I can't trust blizzard anymore, not too big a fan of starcraft or their star MMO. They have nothing for me.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Assassin's Creed Call of Duty The Legend of Zelda (presuming quality to be like Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword, instead of like Wind Waker or Twilight Princess) God of War (presuming no changes are made to the formula) Fable Halo (presuming 343 cannot get their act together) Ratchet and Clank (because Sony has no f*cking clue what to do with it anymore) The sad part is, I'll probably end up buying the next installments in all of these franchises, on or around day one. I'm part of the problem.super600

343i is fixing Halo 4's MP slowly.They also have a couple of the pro players helping them or working for them(Bravo and Quinn).

They can't fix it. Halo reach was a disaster and had a huge backlash but 343 didn't even address the issues halo FANS had with it. They would rather make a game that appeals to cod players so they make halo FANS hate the game and people that enjoy cod pick up black ops 2 a couple of months later and ditch halo, while the halo FANS are left with an awful game
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#185 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Forgot about Resident Evil. It's a shame, really; RE4 was both the pinnacle of the series and the game that marked the series' downfall. While it revitalized Resident Evil successive RE games became focused solely on action rather than atmosphere and horror.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#186 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

[QUOTE="vashkey"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"] super Mario galaxy stuffActicEdge

I'm just now starting to play Galaxy 2 but I honestly preferred the adventurey feel of the first one.

Yeah understandable. I know a lot of people feel that way. By the end of the 3rd World I knew I liked the 2nd game much more than the first.

I think it took me to World 5 to officially give it to Galaxy 2, at which point I had wondered why I gave it to the first game at all. Both are glorious masterpieces though
Zuzuvela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Zuzuvela
Member since 2013 • 1993 Posts
Call of Duty Halo Gears of War (Switching from 360 only to PS4 only next gen) And probably Assassins Creed at this point
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#188 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Mario (Minus Mario Kart)
Zelda
Assassins Creed
Call of Duty
God of War
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted
Street Fighter
Gears of War

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 princeofshapeir
[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="vashkey"] I'm just now starting to play Galaxy 2 but I honestly preferred the adventurey feel of the first one.Blabadon

I think it took me to World 5 to officially give it to Galaxy 2, at which point I had wondered why I gave it to the first game at all. Both are glorious masterpieces though

Galaxy 1 is the adventure, Galaxy 2 is the "director's cut" arcade challenge mode full of harder levels that are more fun.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#190 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Assassin's Creed Call of Duty The Legend of Zelda (presuming quality to be like Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword, instead of like Wind Waker or Twilight Princess) God of War (presuming no changes are made to the formula) Fable Halo (presuming 343 cannot get their act together) Ratchet and Clank (because Sony has no f*cking clue what to do with it anymore) The sad part is, I'll probably end up buying the next installments in all of these franchises, on or around day one. I'm part of the problem.XxR3m1xInHDn3D

343i is fixing Halo 4's MP slowly.They also have a couple of the pro players helping them or working for them(Bravo and Quinn).

They can't fix it. Halo reach was a disaster and had a huge backlash but 343 didn't even address the issues halo FANS had with it. They would rather make a game that appeals to cod players so they make halo FANS hate the game and people that enjoy cod pick up black ops 2 a couple of months later and ditch halo, while the halo FANS are left with an awful game

The problem with halo 4 is that 343i was trying to build this game while building their team. They were also trying to build a game that felt like a halo game(halo 4 still feels like a halo game even with all the cod additions  and removed modes/features), but bring new things into the game. Time restraints and development issues prevented them from created the halo game they wanted to create. 343i thinks they can do better. They game is good/great, but it can be better. The best thing 343i can do now is try to please all parts of the halo fanbase as much as possible and they are slowly doing that.They can use what they learned from the halo fanbases complaints about halo 4 t omake  halo 5 great. 343i needs their fans to help them during this process.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
After playing Bioshock Infinite, I think I am going to avoid the typical "blockbuster" game releases in general..
trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts
I can't trust blizzard anymore, not too big a fan of starcraft or their star MMO. They have nothing for me.ReadingRainbow4
WarCraft 3 is still the best RTS and it's still going strong, you can always find a game. I'm with ya about StarCraft and WoW and Diablo though, new ActiBlizzard sucks...
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]I can't trust blizzard anymore, not too big a fan of starcraft or their star MMO. They have nothing for me.trollop_scat
WarCraft 3 is still the best RTS and it's still going strong, you can always find a game. I'm with ya about StarCraft and WoW and Diablo though, new ActiBlizzard sucks...

They really wrecked the Diablo franchise with this newest one.. I don't know what they were thinking.. I don't even care about the RMAH, because it can be completely ignored and Diablo 2 had similar problems to begin with.. It was just the sheer disregard of mechanics and over simplification which pretty much destroyed any kind of drive Diablo 2 had to begin with.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

[QUOTE="trollop_scat"][QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]I can't trust blizzard anymore, not too big a fan of starcraft or their star MMO. They have nothing for me.sSubZerOo

They really wrecked the Diablo franchise with this newest one.. I don't know what they were thinking.. I don't even care about the RMAH, because it can be completely ignored and Diablo 2 had similar problems to begin with.. It was just the sheer disregard of mechanics and over simplification which pretty much destroyed any kind of drive Diablo 2 had to begin with.

stryker19rt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 stryker19rt
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Gran Tursimo for me. Till PD stops Porting Standard Cars and make a real complete game. I'm done with them :cry:

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#196 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

princeofshapeir

Galaxy 1 is the adventure, Galaxy 2 is the "director's cut" arcade challenge mode full of harder levels that are more fun.

Amazing how they pulled it off though, releasing the same mechanics, graphics, characters, design models for most things, and somehow topped the marvelous original. Nintendo just has that magic.
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#197 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts
tbh, none come to mind.
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 princeofshapeir
[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]I can't trust blizzard anymore, not too big a fan of starcraft or their star MMO. They have nothing for me.trollop_scat

What's wrong with WoW today? It's still the best MMO
XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

[QUOTE="XxR3m1xInHDn3D"][QUOTE="super600"]

super600

The problem with halo 4 is that 343i was trying to build this game while building their team. They were also trying to build a game that felt like a halo game(halo 4 still feels like a halo game even with all the cod additions  and removed modes/features), but bring new things into the game. Time restraints and development issues prevented them from created the halo game they wanted to create. 343i thinks they can do better. They game is good/great, but it can be better. The best thing 343i can do now is try to please all parts of the halo fanbase as much as possible and they are slowly doing that.They can use what they learned from the halo fanbases complaints about halo 4 t omake  halo 5 great. 343i needs their fans to help them during this process.

Halo reach was the equivalent of diablo 3. Could you imagine if diablo 4 was even worse than diablo 3 just like halo 4 being even worse than halo reach? I played thousands of halo 2 games and over 10k halo 3 ranked matches and the only thing that could make me play halo again is if halo 2 anniversary has the same online as the original did or halo 5 ditches 99% of the stuff they added to halo reach and 4
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#200 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Dirt Battlefield Those are the only 2. The rest? I cant really say it's fatigue. I just lost interest in alot of franchises. I left AC, Zelda and even NFS and CoD on good terms with the franchise. Concluding that they were good games. Just have other games that I'd rather prefer to spend my time on these days.