Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Medieval 2: Total War... This is going to be a long story:

Everything was going well. I was conquering one settlement after another and thought it's walk in the park, and then Mongols arrived. I was over confident (thanks to my mighty Egyptian forces), so I completely ignored the fact that Mongols had best Cavalry in the known world. They also always travel in groups. So, I sent my 4 armies out in the open to fight their 4 armies. They kicked the shit out of my armies and killed many of my generals and family members during that battle. It was a crushing defeat.

Then they approached cities near Baghdad and slaughtered every one including civilians. After that their other two waves arrived and they finally had tens of thousands of highly trained men. They approached my main cities in several groups. After countless wars with crusaders, my financial situation was already pretty terrible and loosing couple of cities reduced the income as well. My whole empire went bankrupt as I kept fighting Mongols and kept loosing one city after another.

And when I had only few cities left, they sent a diplomat and asked me to become their vassal. I was still over confident/arrogant and I told him to fvck off. That was my last chance to survive and after that they wiped the floor with my army. I was lost, so I reloaded my save from several days ago (just before the Mongol invasion) and tried again... Once again, I was defeated by them despite having better financial condition... DAYS of progress lost once again.

I reloaded that save once more and read some tips online and watched documentaries on Mongols and their tactics, and decided to change my strategy. This time I knew I will never be able to win battles in open battlefield. So I fully upgraded my castles and hid my armies inside them and waited for the the horde to lay siege. When they Sieged one of my cities, I fought them in streets. Their cavalry couldn't flank me due to narrow paths and their overwhelming numbers meant nothing since we were fighting in a small place (300 vs Persian Empire). It was a massacre.

Thousands of my Egyptian and their Mongol soldiers died but in the end Mongols still won. But that was a heroic sacrifice. Even though my army was slaughtered, they fought bravely and weakened their forces. After defeating my army they decided let to rebels loot the city instead of taking over themselves. Obviously they were more interested in my main cities instead of some poor outposts. So, they started to approach my main cities. Meanwhile, I sent one of my armies to recapture the lost city from rebel army full of peasants and undisciplined "soldiers" and obviously it was a success.

But on other hand, the Mongols sieged my richest city, Antioch and started to bombard the walls. After several minutes of bombardment and destruction of my towers and walls, the horde entered the city and attacked my army. We kept fighting for 45+ minutes (real world time). Arrows were flying around, Ballistas and Trebuchets were bombarding the city, Spear men were throwing spears at each other, infantries were slaughtering each others, horse riders were dying everywhere. It was also a night time battle... The city was burning due to bombardment while my troops were fighting the enemy and trying to protect their homes and women.

They had 3 armies. One was fighting me in streets, the other was attacking my back door with rams to flank my troops and attack them from behind. The third army waited outside the castle. Both Egyptian and Mongolian troops were tired as hell after trying to kill each other for a long time. But then, I got lucky and one of my soldiers killed one of their generals in the process. It affected their morale and rest of those bastards started to run away. The battle time was over and I managed to save the city.

The next day the rest of their troops moved in and my forces were easily defeated because they were already weakened due to last attack and we didn't get enough time to recover. Then Mongols approached my third city near Jerusalem. It was do or die situation. This city was under the protection of my bravest general known as Nassir: The Champion. He never disappointed me, and won a lot of battles for me. He had great commanding abilities too, which is always a good thing for the morale of the troops. It prevents them from running away from the battlefield and encourages them to fight till their last breath.

So, Mongols used 2 siege towers to reach walls and used a Ram to break the Castle's door. My archers put one of their siege towers on fire (thanks to fire arrows). The bastards inside the tower were screaming and running away as fire consumed their bodies. My archers retreated and went back to the rest of the army in city quarter. They broke the door and came inside my city. Then a glorious battle began. I killed 2 of their generals and after a lengthy battle, they finally started to run away like cowards. I ordered my cavalry to pursue them and kill as many of those invaders as possible.

This was a big success. They still had a huge army but after being defeated in the battle and their countless loses before, due to heroic sacrifices of my troops, they realized that these are brave people and will never give up. So, they left my empire and marched towards Europe. Once they ran away I pressed end turn. One year passed and I clicked the settlement to see my my brave general who once again won a glorious battle for me but he was nowhere to be found. Then a notification popped up. When I opened it, it said that Nassir: The Champion has died due to natural causes.

My brave general was too old and he died just one year after he won the most important battle for my empire. What a great man... RIP. It took me 3 weeks to beat that game and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had in a game. The game kicked my as* but it was fun.

^^ And just when I thought everything is going to be fine now, Timurids (Mongol successors) arrived but luckily they never attacked me and fought with The Turks and European armies instead. I only fought them once over a Settlement and my armies killed their 4 Rocket Launcher elephants. But they are more difficult than the Mongols, according to the community. I got lucky that they never attacked me and I finally completed the campaign.

Share your stories. What are the most difficult enemies you've ever faced and how you defeated them?

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Difficult but fair? Fume Knight, taught me a completely new style of play. You block at all and its back to the bonfire. You miss a roll at all, back to the bonfire. Did I mention I finished this fight solo using a Greatsword?

Loading Video...
sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

@TC definitely need a TLDR version of that post. For me the answers are pretty old school. Mike Tyson from Punch Out. Spent a week figuring out his pattern and honing my reflexes before I could beat him.

Ditto for Shredder after the original TMNT game for NES. That last level was soooo hard. Had to remember the patterns of the enemies so I'd have enough energy to defeat shredder. I also had to figure out that whenever you took off fake shredder's had to stop hitting him or he would keep on respawning...hard a$$ boss right there!

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cloud_imperium

@sayyy-gaa said:

@TC definitely need a TLDR version of that post. For me the answers are pretty old school. Mike Tyson from Punch Out. Spent a week figuring out his pattern and honing my reflexes before I could beat him.

Ditto for Shredder after the original TMNT game for NES. That last level was soooo hard. Had to remember the patterns of the enemies so I'd have enough energy to defeat shredder. I also had to figure out that whenever you took off fake shredder's had to stop hitting him or he would keep on respawning...hard a$$ boss right there!

Your user name brings back so many great memories from 90s.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

A recent example would be the final boss of Undertale's genocide route. Older examples? WoW raid bosses. Nothing quite comes close to them in Heroic 25M.

Pretty awesome tale of the Mongols. I actually read all of it. A shame my most recent Total War experience was in Rome 2, where I accidentally cheesed the game by over-stacking troop strength modifying buildings (e.g. +20% defense all units produced in province) from the Greeks with my Roman troop strength modifying buildings. In the end I had super soldier Praetorian Guards that wipe out armies 10-20 times their sizes with only a few casualties.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#6 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Deathclaws in the Fallout universe. Man, oh man.

In New Vegas, there is a mission to get eggs for the leader of the Thorn (which rewards you money, a named shotgun, and sleeping with her as either gender), but of course to do that, you got to kill all the Deathclaws there, which of course leads to another quest for the NCR. Good luck completing all those when you got numerous giant Zerg look alikes swarming and slashing your ass. Made worse when the DLC, Lonesome Road has Irradiated versions of them and they quickly heal.

Oh boy...

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Those electric monsters in DMC4

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: Final boss in silent hill homecoming, could never get my timing right.

Flowey in undertale was a dick, i actaully havnt beaten him.

Good story too, read it all makes me wanna play total war.

I bought it on sale a while ago and not played it yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Cliff Racers from Morrowind. Quit the game shortly after

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

After a long break I got back into Minecraft a month ago. I'm finally ready to fight the Enderdragon tonight for the first time... Hoping that goes well :D

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

In New Vegas, there is a mission to get eggs for the leader of the Thorn (which rewards you money, a named shotgun, and sleeping with her as either gender), but of course to do that, you got to kill all the Deathclaws there, which of course leads to another quest for the NCR. Good luck completing all those when you got numerous giant Zerg look alikes swarming and slashing your ass. Made worse when the DLC, Lonesome Road has Irradiated versions of them and they quickly heal.

Oh boy...

Yeah, that was a tough one. There's an exploit weapon you can build. It essentially puts their leg to sleep so they can't chase you.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cloud_imperium

@Aljosa23 said:

Cliff Racers from Morrowind. Quit the game shortly after

Lol I remember these bastards. Actually there is a mod that completely removes them from the game. They were annoying as hell.

@thehig1 said:

@Cloud_imperium: Final boss in silent hill homecoming, could never get my timing right.

Flowey in undertale was a dick, i actaully havnt beaten him.

I bought it on sale a while ago and not played it yet.

Play it, you'll love it. Originally there will be 5 playable factions and once you've beaten the game, the rest of the factions will be unlocked too (17 playable factions). But you can unlock them from the get go by simple tweaks (google).

However, only play as Egypt if you are looking for the challenge. IMO Egypt is the most difficult faction to play as in Vanilla and easiest faction to play as in Crusades Campaign of Kingdoms expansion. I mostly play as England or Egypt, my two favorite factions. But gotta love them Naffatuns (grenade throwers). Very effective in breaking morale of the army.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#14 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

It's actually the thing on my profile banner, all the way to the right with the green light in its chest. Those things were nasty.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

any enemy that is bigger than you in dark souls, you know its true.

kljohns2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By kljohns2
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts

Although it wasn't the hardest battle, Yiazmat from FFXII was beyond ridiculous...

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Yiazmat_(Final_Fantasy_XII)

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Lucifron, the first boss in Molten Core, when it was a real 40 man raid in vanilla WoW. It took us 6 weeks of wiping to build the raid into a steady team, with everyone knowing what they had to do. The day we downed Lucifron we got all the way through and downed Ragnaros.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18  Edited By drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Oh boy...

This. So much this.

The mother and alpha male deathclaws are truly nothing to **** with. On top of looking downright terrifying and being extremely powerful, they are also freakishly fast.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@clone01 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Oh boy...

Yeah, that was a tough one. There's an exploit weapon you can build. It essentially puts their leg to sleep so they can't chase you.

@drinkerofjuice said:

This. So much this.

The mother and alpha male deathclaws are truly nothing to **** with. On top of looking downright terrifying and being extremely powerful, they are also freakishly fast.

When I did that quest on the first (incomplete) playthrough, the mother deathclaw bugged out and launched in the air farther than Snoopy when Linus was preparing him for bulldozers to come by and dropped to her death. The second time I had to use Annabelle and blow them all up.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#20 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Fission Metroid in Metroid Prime.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

Batomys. The first time you meet this tank in Valkyria Chronicles, I fought it a couple of times, then put the game down for about a year. Finally picking the game up again, I was able to beat it; then played the game to completion the rest of the week (I had taken off for winter break). One of my top five games of all time.

Edit: I would have to put the last battle of Massive Chalice up there as well. On my first play through I was unable to beat the final mission and had to start the game over to prepare specifically for the end.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Cloud_imperium

@Fuhrer_D said:

Batomys. The first time you meet this tank in Valkarya Chronicles, I fought it a couple of times, then put the game down for about a year. Finally picking the game up again, I was able to beat it; then played the game to completion the rest of the week (I had taken off for winter break). One of my top five games of all time.

Edit: I would have to put the last battle of Massive Chalice up there as well. On my first play through I was unable to beat the final mission and had to start the game over to prepare specifically for the end.

Dat moment when you come back to a game and finally beat what made you leave in the first place. Glorious.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: Enjoyed your AAR there TC. Do you play with the Stainless Steel mod? Can't recommend it enough if you haven't tried it (play VH/VH although I'd dump the real campaigning bit which gets very annoying).

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cloud_imperium

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Cloud_imperium: Enjoyed your AAR there TC. Do you play with the Stainless Steel mod? Can't recommend it enough if you haven't tried it (play VH/VH although I'd dump the real campaigning bit which gets very annoying).

Thanks for recommendation. I'll look into it. The game is still on my hard drive.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

The first few times I faced Mike Tyson in Punchout...lets just say I broke a controller or two fighting him. I eventually figured out the pattern and it was pretty easy after that.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@blue_hazy_basic said:

Thanks for recommendation. I'll look into it. The game is still on my hard drive.

MTW2 one of my all time fav games. Stainless Steel makes it very close to perfection.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?314-Stainless-Steel

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?654-Third-Age-Total-War - amazing Lord of the Rings total conversion mod.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I rented the game. Came across this fella. He slapped my shit around. Had to return it, you know. Ended up buying it. Face him again, still got slapped.

At this point, I was getting mighty annoyed. Then, I found out you can get better armor. I was the one slapping him after that.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Enemies/bosses in World 4 of Demon Souls.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

God Hand. Every enemy in the game has the potential to kill you easily. Dynamic difficulty FTW.

The Evil Within ruvik hybrids with Laura demonic hands. Once you're caught it is over.

RE2 lickers. RE3 hunters. If your health is in yellow caution phase, it is instant death.

Bloodborne the thief with the bag who can play Karate lol.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cloud_imperium

@blue_hazy_basic said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@blue_hazy_basic said:

MTW2 one of my all time fav games. Stainless Steel makes it very close to perfection.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?314-Stainless-Steel

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?654-Third-Age-Total-War - amazing Lord of the Rings total conversion mod.

Thanks for the link. Will definitely check out, since I reinstalled it for Kingdoms expansion few weeks ago, since I missed it back in 2007, so the game is still installed. Thanks again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

Damned Hunters in the original RE, fly in from off screen and chop your head off, I quit Chris' campaign for a little while because of them

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#32 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58915 Posts

The hammer throwing fellows from super Mario bros.

Very hrrrrrrrrrrr.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Not the guy in the middle, the Centaurs that come with him. Some people have issues with the winged purple fucks, others don't like the white ninjas, there are shuriken ninjas that are basically aids in video game form, but to me NONE of them are the butthole disease that is the Centaurs in Ninja Gaiden 2. It's not bad enough that they hit with a mother fucking vengeance, but they don't stagger either like any other enemy, so killing them all that quickly is almost completely out of the question.

PLUS PLUS PLUS!!!

There is this one part where you go through like a gauntlet of assholes winged fucks, the chainsaw assholes, and you would think okay cool I survived this bullshit, surely a dragon statue is ahead. SIKE!!!!!!!!!!!! fucking Centaurs. **** those guys.

rektmuhface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rektmuhface
Member since 2015 • 455 Posts

this bitch is da wurst enemy ever of all time on hard difficulty.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

I feel tc's pain with those Mongols.

In Terraria the wall of flesh gave me so much trouble. I basically used campfires to regen my health quickly as I ran from him.

Ebrietas in bloodborne I cannot beat her on my own that charge attack catches me all the time.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@rektmuhface said:

Yeah this fuckin bitch!

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I'll dig into the ol' memory sack for this thread:

those damn side-stepping officers in Medal of Honor: Allied Assualt. **** those guys.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#39 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17805 Posts

Mike Tyson from Mike Tyson's Punch-Out.

Alma from Ninja Gaiden.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

@thehig1 said:

@Cloud_imperium:

Aye! This made me want to play it haha

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

Yeah, the Mongols and Timurids can be crusty buttholes. Being Egypt in that game can be so annoying due to the Christian nations and the crusades, along with the Mongol/Timurid invasions.

But yeah, the last boss in Shinobi (PS2 version). Haven't beaten it to this day.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I'm surprised.... I thought there would be alot more Dark Souls picks....... hmmmmm.

Anyway I got my asswhooping from all the "Bosses" in Dead or Alive 5 vanilla. But that was only because I didn't know how to play the game, then came Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (with a comprehensive tutorial) and I beat those fuckers easy.

Shout out to Seth from Street Fighter IV Vanilla..... that cheating son of bitch !!!!

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

And their re-used counterpart Gracious and Glorious are no different.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#44 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I won't lie, after sinking hours into Dark souls 1, Ornstein and Smough still give me trouble.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@AsadMahdi59 said:

Those electric monsters in DMC4

Blitz

And I'll do you one better, the Blitz on Dante Must Die where they get their own Devil Trigger's and you have to kill them before it happens or you just get shit-rekt and near-instant game over.

When you first meet them on that difficulty, it's almost as if there is a soul sign on the ground from Demon's/Dark Souls saying "This is where the real Devil May Cry 4 begins".

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Lulu_Lulu

@foxhound_fox:

The problem with those guys is they hurt your Style Ranking because you can't constantly engage with them. Like the other enemies.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: were you been lately ?

Missed a few chances to rip on dark souls sucking and praise co-op :D

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lulu_Lulu

@turtlethetaffer:

That fight can either be really easy or really frustrating depending on who want to kill first.

Even then they still got nothing on the Santuary Guardians (when theres two of them) its not that they were difficult..... if anything the majority of deaths occur in that fight because people eventually get tired of routinely waiting for the enemy to do the one attack that makes them vulnerable only to get one free hit. Ofcourse people are gonna try and sneak in a quick hit when its not safe to do so..... purely because they just want the fight to end. So they can do other stuff.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lulu_Lulu

@thehig1:

Don't forget Antichamber.... I'm ripping on that too....... its the Dark Souls of puzzle games.

Anyway I spend most of my time exclusively on Free Step Dodge..... I just come here to renew my suspension every now and then.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Cloud_imperium

@rektmuhface said:

Hehe... Every time when I heard her scream before arriving, I was like "Not again". But she is fun to kill though. Prothean Particle beam weapons (forgot the name) is pretty effective against Banshees.

@rskueem said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Thanks for the link. Will definitely check out, since I reinstalled it for Kingdoms expansion few weeks ago, since I missed it back in 2007, so the game is still installed. Thanks again.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?346-Broken-Crescent

A very enjoyable mod. Good challenge. Interesting history behind it as well.

Thanks.