deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

This was really good I watched it earlier Santa Gabe talking VR, HL and brain interfaces for the future I am down with that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59360 Posts

Gabe finally cleaned up, abit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Lol gabe looking like the pc master race mascot.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56426 Posts

LOL Santa being cheap on the T-Shirt was priceless :P

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Gabe sucks, no longer one of us, all he cares about is steam

Loading Video...

Cloud_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cloud_Man
Member since 2020 • 201 Posts

Damn, never thought we'll see Gabe talking about Half Life again

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

If I close my eyes and imagine what a God might look like, all I see is Gabe Newell.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
Member since 2019 • 1049 Posts

Gabe looks as glorious as always. Watching now

@jeezers said:

Avatar image for deactivated-603db33572396
deactivated-603db33572396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-603db33572396
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts
@pinkribbonscars said:

Gabe looks as glorious as always. Watching now

@jeezers said:

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 uninspiredcup

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8511 Posts

Watching and listening to this tells you why Valve is VALVE. No PR bullshit, no fake smiles/prepared statements, no constraints to please greedy shareholders, just honest answers like real humans and gamers.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

This must be Gabe's younger brother.

Loading Video...
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58527 Posts

@warmblur: thanks for sharing that. It's really nice to hear a experienced, veteran developer who still has his heart in the fight talk about game development.

...and brain interfaces for the future I am down with that.

Yeah it was really refreshing to hear his optimistic attitude about that. Prophetic to some degree concerning the entertainment industry. Everyone is so extreme in their opinion--oh it's going to kill humanity, oh it will turn us into gods--and Gabe was just like "No man. It's chill." lol

If there was ever any doubt that Valve, or at least Gabe Newell, still cared about video games, this interview should erase it. The guy lives for game development and improving the industry. I wonder if there was any "crunch" during Alyx's development; probably not, I reckon.

Also mad respect for his reasons for staying privately owned; it's what I've been saying all along, and it is reassuring to hear that his philosophy aligns with mine.

Haha starts off with a John Wick reference. Badass. Cultural relevant and perfectly accuracte.

But for god's sake, sit up straight.

@Gamerno6666 said:

Lol gabe looking like the pc master race mascot.

Nah man he looks like PC Master Race's The Dude.

The Gaben abides, man. The Gaben abides.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

It's a very interesting interview. Gabe has the privilege of leading a self-sufficient company (thanks to Steam) that relies on nobody for funding and subsequently has total creative freedom. If anyone can take VR gaming to the next level of brain-computer interfacing, or at least attempt to, it's Valve.

On the topic of Half-Life games, he pretty much said that they exist to advance gaming forward in some way and I can respect that. HL1 allegedly revolutionized immersive story-driven FPS games, HL2 featured an amazing physics system and now Alyx is probably the AAA title VR needed to become relevant.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k

@johnd13 said:

It's a very interesting interview. Gabe has the privilege of leading a self-sufficient company (thanks to Steam) that relies on nobody for funding and subsequently has total creative freedom. If anyone can take VR gaming to the next level of brain-computer interfacing, or at least attempt to, it's Valve.

On the topic of Half-Life games, he pretty much said that they exist to advance gaming forward in some way and I can respect that. HL1 allegedly revolutionized immersive story-driven FPS games, HL2 featured an amazing physics system and now Alyx is probably the AAA title VR needed to become relevant.

It was very interesting for sure. Especially what he said about Half Life 1&2, which he worked on. He said that they will forever be projects that were abondened, because developers would always like more time, resources, money... to keep working and keep polishing.

But so many people consider these games the best games of all time, groundbreaking experiences that changed the face of gaming forever.

I wonder if Valve will ever do anything more with the other IP they own: Portal, Day of Defeat and more importantly: Left 4 Dead.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

He looks like a God.

He even tells people to keep sending him e-mails, which he will never answer i.e. sending him your prayers.

Please lord Gaben, rid our planet of this new disease.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup

Once he peaked as a human-being without the challenge or risk everything felt hollow, he's like Frieza just keeping power level at 1% all the time.

To be fair, was having to engage to an IGN man who looked like he came out a Oblivion character creator, most people would fall asleep.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

It was very interesting for sure. Especially what he said about Half Life 1&2, which he worked on. He said that they will forever be projects that were abondened, because developers would always like more time, resources, money... to keep working and keep polishing.

But so many people consider these games the best games of all time, groundbreaking experiences that changed the face of gaming forever.

I wonder if Valve will ever do anything more with the other IP they own: Portal, Day of Defeat and more importantly: Left 4 Dead.

Portal: Glados a new VR game incoming. :P

All jokes aside, they really need to release another L4D game. Let them experiment and innovate with their flagship franchise (HL) but the world also needs a regular Valve game. Left 4 Dead is a safe bet. Just use the familiar and beloved formula with the Source 2 engine and a few touches of freshness and you've got a success.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

Once he peaked as a human-being without the challenge or risk everything felt hollow, he's like Frieza just keeping power level at 1% all the time.

To be fair, was having to engage to an IGN man who looked like he came out a Oblivion character creator, most people would fall asleep.

Still one of the most normal looking people who runs around at IGN.

@johnd13 said:

All jokes aside, they really need to release another L4D game. Let them experiment and innovate with their flagship franchise (HL) but the world also needs a regular Valve game. Left 4 Dead is a safe bet. Just use the familiar and beloved formula with the Source 2 engine and a few touches of freshness and you've got a success.

I don't mind Half Life being in VR now, but if all their FPS and all their upcoming titles would be VR, that'd be a major bummer for me.

I haven't really cared for Valve's latest releases (DOTA underlords, Artifact) and am not really that hyped for their next release (Alyx).

Cloud_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cloud_Man
Member since 2020 • 201 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

hahahaha

He asked good questions though. I was kinda impressed by the quality, considering it's IGN

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25076 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Still one of the most normal looking people who runs around at IGN.

@johnd13 said:

I don't mind Half Life being in VR now, but if all their FPS and all their upcoming titles would be VR, that'd be a major bummer for me.

I haven't really cared for Valve's latest releases (DOTA underlords, Artifact) and am not really that hyped for their next release (Alyx).

Half life 3 should be traditional PC FPS. otherwise it would be slap in the face of fans.

we fans have waited for decades after decades. treat alyx as VR spin off since its not continution of EP2. it starting side character anyway rather than genious scientist gordon freeman who single handedly fight against alien forces and HECU forces then combine forces. He is Doom guy of Half life but a scientist.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8511 Posts

@uninspiredcup said: