Funny reversal of roles between MS&Sony

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Now this is just a weak ass cop-out. Sony had stuff to actually announce. Morpheus would be available, Vita TV, PSNow going to open beta and a clever segway between a Ratchet and Clank movie with a R&C game coming to PS4. I know you Lemmings seem to key in on your talking point mantras and MSes conference being 90 minutes of cross-plat trailers sprinkled with some exclusives makes for a good one. Saying that Sony's conference was boring because they just so happen to have more going on with the PS4 is kind of douchey. As if Sony should have just rearranged their conference to be 90 minutes of trailer splashes? Sorry, PS4 doesn't need a radical rebranding of itself at E3. I'm sure you'll expect an apology from Cows all year long for that, though.

So when cows were banging on about "TV, sports, TV, sports, TV, kinect" because the XB1 had more going on than just games it was, to use your own words, "kind of douchey"?

I haven't watched all the Sony conference yet, but from what I read Sony did its usual trick of lots of non-gameplay, vague release dates, etc and I bet most of those games you saw in this year's E3 in that format we'll see again at next year's E3. I don't get how that equates to winning anything.

Have to say a little disappointed all round by this year's haul of E3.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Dronezz man, seriously scary weak minds I tellzz ya what. :P

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Shewgenja said:

Now this is just a weak ass cop-out. Sony had stuff to actually announce. Morpheus would be available, Vita TV, PSNow going to open beta and a clever segway between a Ratchet and Clank movie with a R&C game coming to PS4. I know you Lemmings seem to key in on your talking point mantras and MSes conference being 90 minutes of cross-plat trailers sprinkled with some exclusives makes for a good one. Saying that Sony's conference was boring because they just so happen to have more going on with the PS4 is kind of douchey. As if Sony should have just rearranged their conference to be 90 minutes of trailer splashes? Sorry, PS4 doesn't need a radical rebranding of itself at E3. I'm sure you'll expect an apology from Cows all year long for that, though.

So when cows were banging on about "TV, sports, TV, sports, TV, kinect" because the XB1 had more going on than just games it was, to use your own words, "kind of douchey"?

I haven't watched all the Sony conference yet, but from what I read Sony did its usual trick of lots of non-gameplay, vague release dates, etc and I bet most of those games you saw in this year's E3 in that format we'll see again at next year's E3. I don't get how that equates to winning anything.

They literally only spend about ten minutes on movies and tv if that. Not even in the same realm as the XBone reveal. Watch the conference and see for yourself.

The lems are making a big deal of it, but Sony isn't trying to rebrand itself as a TV and movie house. Not with one movie and one tv series reveal.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts

General outline of my thoughts:Microsoft:

Meh: Fable and all the multiplats/timed exclusives, I'll just get them on PC later on.

Good:Sunset Overdrive looks good, Forza looks good if it's not a DLC fest.

Really good: The halo collection

Games that I'm REALLY looking forward to and makes me want to buy the console: Ori and the Blind Forest, Phantom Dust, Crackdown and Scalebound

Note: Seems the xbox 360 is dead

Overall: 7.5/10

Sony:

Meh: Little Big Planet 3, and all the multiplats/timed exclusives, I'll just get them on Pc later on

Good: Let It Die, Ratcher and Clank

Really good: Abzu, Last Of Us, Uncharted 4

Games that I'm REALLY looking forward to and makes me want to buy the console: Order 1886, Bloodborne

note: We all know Grim Fandango will be coming to PC, so I'll just get the definitive version then. Seems the PS3 is dead and the little to no focus on the Vita worries me.

Overall: 7/10

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@Shewgenja said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Shewgenja said:

They literally only spend about ten minutes on movies and tv if that. Not even in the same realm as the XBone reveal. Watch the conference and see for yourself.

The lems are making a big deal of it, but Sony isn't trying to rebrand itself as a TV and movie house. Not with one movie and one tv series reveal.

Wasn't that because they were trying to show they had "more going on with the XB1" (again using your words) than previous consoles ever had?

This year their conference was all games (granted nothing to make me want a XB1 at any point soon ... but still) and I thought they did a great job with it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Shewgenja

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Wasn't that because they were trying to show they had "more going on with the XB1" (again using your words) than previous consoles ever had?

This year their conference was all games (granted nothing to make me want a XB1 at any point soon ... but still) and I thought they did a great job with it.

Seemed rather fluffed with cross-plat debuts and whatnot imho. I mean, I know I'll get jumped for saying this and I know my track record for being harsh on the XBox is well documented. I honestly kind of actually like Spencer now. I might even consider getting a Bone after a price drop and some more game announcements. They did do a good job at E3 and they deserve praise for that. I even rated them a solid 8/10 in the conference thread and I'll stand by that score.

So, with that being said and out there. This was still their "Oops we really didn't mean it" E3. And try as I might, it deserves to be said that if one theme ties this year's XBox conference to last year's XBox conference, it is every bit as much about what was left unsaid as what was. In my eyes, and I think a lot of other gamers eyes, the apology was accepted, but for Lems to all of a sudden come in here puking from their necks that Sony is trying to turn the PS4 into an original XBone just because of this conference is total and complete fuckery of the highest magnitude.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#57 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

LOL lems grasping at straws...

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@Shewgenja said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Seemed rather fluffed with cross-plat debuts and whatnot imho. I mean, I know I'll get jumped for saying this and I know my track record for being harsh on the XBox is well documented. I honestly kind of actually like Spencer now. I might even consider getting a Bone after a price drop and some more game announcements. They did do a good job at E3 and they deserve praise for that. I even rated them a solid 8/10 in the conference thread and I'll stand by that score.

So, with that being said and out there. This was still their "Oops we really didn't mean it" E3. And try as I might, it deserves to be said that if one theme ties this year's XBox conference to last year's XBox conference, it is every bit as much about what was left unsaid as what was. In my eyes, and I think a lot of other gamers eyes, the apology was accepted, but for Lems to all of a sudden come in here puking from their necks that Sony is trying to turn the PS4 into an original XBone just because of this conference is total and complete fuckery of the highest magnitude.

Agree with that. Their strategy at the end of last gen and coming into this one was flat out bad. They were happy to ignore the gamer and it blew up in their faces. That's simply why I went for a launch PS4 vs an XB1 because no matter what the launch lineup was like I had confidence in Sony bringing games and I loved their indie policy, and I stand by that even if the first year and half for the PS4 will be disappointing. However, I'm loving what the new team at xbox is doing and instead of going with 1 console (and the bloody Wii, what a mistake) and a PC last gen, I might well get an XB1 at some point (end of 2015, maybe 2016?) too.

Oh and in terms of lems saying what Sony did at their conference, its SW, and people love repaying punches that they've taken before as you well know :P

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@bezza2011 said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@lglz1337 said:

ms showed multiplats, multiplats, multiplats

sony showed exclusives, exclusives, exclusives

which ones besides Naughty Dog, a CGI trailer for bloodborne and The Order 1886 (sigh, continues to look bad)? Not trolling, really asking, i'm searching for the exclusive reveals since i missed it.

LBP3, Infamous First Light, Intwined, Uncharted 4, Suda51 game, Bloodborne, ratchet and clank:Re-imagining and the million timed exclusives they've shown>>> Froza, sunset ( which were both already announced games ) and a halo HD collection ( i thought lems hated remasters lololol ).

Sony>>MS this E3

all MS had were multiplats and Halo collection

So I guess Crackdown 3, Scalebound, Fable Legends, Ori, Project Spark, Halo Guardians and Phantom Dust dont count, but DLC does? Lol come on man, Sony was terrible last night. Best announcement was Grim Fandango being remade.

I'm not even a Lemming (more sheep than anything) and it was painfully obvious that Sony was completely outdone and outclassed by MS. MS didn't resort to taking potshots at Sony every chance it could. Sony was childish and at the end of the day didnt show as many games as MS. MS delivered.

Microsoft Delivered nothing a bunch of games we already knew that was coming, with a couple of ones which I went o at, MS far from delivered showed us a bunch of games what we've seen and heard about since last E3,

Sony was diverse and shocking, they had the WOW factor, yes Microsoft have great games coming brliiant but it was a show of games I and most other people knew was coming except the odd 1 or 2.

Crackdown 3 cannot wait, Scalebound looked interesting, Fable legend looks teerible that isn't even a Fable game, they've took everything what made Fable, Fable and gave us that rubbish, , Ori looked ok, Project Spark is on PC, Halo Guardians???? What Halo Guardians a snippet inbetween the collection edition, Phantom Dust a small minority will know what that is and the rest were first person shooters mostly, ok at that except from Evolve.

I'm sorry but how anyone can say Sony didn't nail it is beyound me, I saw more games in Sony conference which intrigued my interest and my taste in the more diverse gaming genre's and games which i didn't even know about, than Microsofts conference which showed me more of the same which i already knew about, I knew MS would let me down again as normal, everything what was a massive wow had already been leaked and announced.

So not a single cow should be hyping Bloodborne or Uncharted 4 because we saw just as much of Guardians as we did those. And no one should be hyping Ratchet and Clank or Grim Fandango because we literally saw nothing of either game right?

So what is Sony left with except Suda's game and some indies? Every other game was a multiplatform title. If MS didn't deliver and you claim Sony did then the wow factor they had must be for blind fanboys who cannot distinguish fluff from substance. Not saying MS didn't have fluff, they did, but Sony showed NO GAMEPLAY for any exclusive games that weren't indies except for the Order and LBP3.

Grim - no gameplay

Ratchet - no gameplay

Bloodborne - no gameplay

Uncharted - no gameplay

Not only that, but Sony spent an insane amount of time talking about bs that gamers don't care about. Something that Sony fanboys bashed MS for endlessly in the last year.

Take off the fanboy glasses for a second. They both weren't amazing but Sony was clearly the lesser of the two. At least MS just kept it about the games.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Shewgenja

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Agree with that. Their strategy at the end of last gen and coming into this one was flat out bad. They were happy to ignore the gamer and it blew up in their faces. That's simply why I went for a launch PS4 vs an XB1 because no matter what the launch lineup was like I had confidence in Sony bringing games and I loved their indie policy, and I stand by that even if the first year and half for the PS4 will be disappointing. However, I'm loving what the new team at xbox is doing and instead of going with 1 console (and the bloody Wii, what a mistake) and a PC last gen, I might well get an XB1 at some point (end of 2015, maybe 2016?) too.

Oh and in terms of lems saying what Sony did at their conference, its SW, and people love repaying punches that they've taken before as you well know :P

Allow me to make one correction. Because of six maybe 7 or 8 minutes of a Sony conference* doesn't mean that there has been a significant rebranding of the PS4. I sure see the wheel of vengeance turning in SW but this is flatly Lems making something of nothing. I mean, for MS to come to E3 and not make a peep about sales or their position in North America is very damning. No statistics about Live usage or revenue generation? No razzle-dazzle software numbers for us, even? Thankfully, we didn't honestly get bombarded with that kind of stuff from either conference, but an honorable mention goes out to the stuff left unsaid at an MS conference for once in like... ever.

Perhaps I should start a thread on that? Nah. But am I shining a flashlight on what this thread is really about? Oh, yes, very very much.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@bezza2011 said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@lglz1337 said:

which ones besides Naughty Dog, a CGI trailer for bloodborne and The Order 1886 (sigh, continues to look bad)? Not trolling, really asking, i'm searching for the exclusive reveals since i missed it.

LBP3, Infamous First Light, Intwined, Uncharted 4, Suda51 game, Bloodborne, ratchet and clank:Re-imagining and the million timed exclusives they've shown>>> Froza, sunset ( which were both already announced games ) and a halo HD collection ( i thought lems hated remasters lololol ).

Sony>>MS this E3

So I guess Crackdown 3, Scalebound, Fable Legends, Ori, Project Spark, Halo Guardians and Phantom Dust dont count, but DLC does? Lol come on man, Sony was terrible last night. Best announcement was Grim Fandango being remade.

I'm not even a Lemming (more sheep than anything) and it was painfully obvious that Sony was completely outdone and outclassed by MS. MS didn't resort to taking potshots at Sony every chance it could. Sony was childish and at the end of the day didnt show as many games as MS. MS delivered.

Microsoft Delivered nothing a bunch of games we already knew that was coming, with a couple of ones which I went o at, MS far from delivered showed us a bunch of games what we've seen and heard about since last E3,

Sony was diverse and shocking, they had the WOW factor, yes Microsoft have great games coming brliiant but it was a show of games I and most other people knew was coming except the odd 1 or 2.

Crackdown 3 cannot wait, Scalebound looked interesting, Fable legend looks teerible that isn't even a Fable game, they've took everything what made Fable, Fable and gave us that rubbish, , Ori looked ok, Project Spark is on PC, Halo Guardians???? What Halo Guardians a snippet inbetween the collection edition, Phantom Dust a small minority will know what that is and the rest were first person shooters mostly, ok at that except from Evolve.

I'm sorry but how anyone can say Sony didn't nail it is beyound me, I saw more games in Sony conference which intrigued my interest and my taste in the more diverse gaming genre's and games which i didn't even know about, than Microsofts conference which showed me more of the same which i already knew about, I knew MS would let me down again as normal, everything what was a massive wow had already been leaked and announced.

So not a single cow should be hyping Bloodborne or Uncharted 4 because we saw just as much of Guardians as we did those. And no one should be hyping Ratchet and Clank or Grim Fandango because we literally saw nothing of either game right?

So what is Sony left with except Suda's game and some indies? Every other game was a multiplatform title. If MS didn't deliver and you claim Sony did then the wow factor they had must be for blind fanboys who cannot distinguish fluff from substance. Not saying MS didn't have fluff, they did, but Sony showed NO GAMEPLAY for any exclusive games that weren't indies except for the Order and LBP3.

Grim - no gameplay

Ratchet - no gameplay

Bloodborne - no gameplay

Uncharted - no gameplay

Not only that, but Sony spent an insane amount of time talking about bs that gamers don't care about. Something that Sony fanboys bashed MS for endlessly in the last year.

Take off the fanboy glasses for a second. They both weren't amazing but Sony was clearly the lesser of the two. At least MS just kept it about the games.

It isn't fanboy glasses, Sony could show more than just games, MS had so much catching up to do it was unbelievable, Sony are in the lead they can have a small section about tv shows etc, yes it isn't ideal but a small section doesn't justify what MS did at their launch conference, non of them were amazing, but I have a PS4 I knew what was already coming for PS4, and Sony Conference threw up alot more Surprised entries which I think appeal to the broader audtion and I feel alot more hyped for them games.

Than Microsoft, which I felt pretty let down by their announcements because I already knew pretty much everything they showed before the show, except 1 maybe 2 which i didn't know but even them didn't get me that hyped, I'm not a fanboy but I do own a PS4, I'm waiting for a game to swing it for me, to go out and buy a Xbox One but the variety of games were pretty slim, and even the old franchises seemed pretty dull, I mean come on Fable Legends looks awful for what a fable game should be, they've took away what I felt was the heart of fable which i enjoyed in 2 and even a little in 3. For me there just was no hype or nothing to get excited about in MS conference due to the fact everything had already been announced pretty much. I'm not saying there weren't great games shown because there was but the hype was taken away from all the reveals, all this rubbish about announcing the games before E3 to make room was rubbish they were all still in there.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#62 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

I have to agree. I have pretty much had a role reversal myself as far as what system I am sold the most on. I love my PS3 and preferred it greatly over my 360, even when it has being universally shat upon in it's first few years. I thought I would naturally gravitate to the PS4 and did before it released. But then it launched and my hype for it suddenly fell off a cliff. At the same time, Microsoft was rapidly changing their horrible policies and have shown me far more games that I want to play. Funny how things work out and I how I always seem to be more attracted to the system(s) that are being hated on the most. LOL, it is what it is.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#63  Edited By hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

It's embarrassing sony fans think the sony conference beat microsoft, yet they showed a hell lot of indies, and media and a movie teaser... I think we all know how you reacted to MS, hypocrites.

AND A CAMERA! :O make sure it don't spy on you and send all your details to assassins.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@bezza2011 said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@lglz1337 said:

Sony>>MS this E3

Grim - no gameplay

Ratchet - no gameplay

Bloodborne - no gameplay

Uncharted - no gameplay

It isn't fanboy glasses, Sony could show more than just games, MS had so much catching up to do it was unbelievable, Sony are in the lead they can have a small section about tv shows etc, yes it isn't ideal but a small section doesn't justify what MS did at their launch conference, non of them were amazing, but I have a PS4 I knew what was already coming for PS4, and Sony Conference threw up alot more Surprised entries which I think appeal to the broader audtion and I feel alot more hyped for them games.

Than Microsoft, which I felt pretty let down by their announcements because I already knew pretty much everything they showed before the show, except 1 maybe 2 which i didn't know but even them didn't get me that hyped, I'm not a fanboy but I do own a PS4, I'm waiting for a game to swing it for me, to go out and buy a Xbox One but the variety of games were pretty slim, and even the old franchises seemed pretty dull, I mean come on Fable Legends looks awful for what a fable game should be, they've took away what I felt was the heart of fable which i enjoyed in 2 and even a little in 3. For me there just was no hype or nothing to get excited about in MS conference due to the fact everything had already been announced pretty much. I'm not saying there weren't great games shown because there was but the hype was taken away from all the reveals, all this rubbish about announcing the games before E3 to make room was rubbish they were all still in there.

What were the PS4 surprises? 2 remakes (Grim and Ratchet), Suda's game and LBP 3.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@bezza2011 said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@bezza2011 said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@lglz1337 said:

Sony>>MS this E3

Grim - no gameplay

Ratchet - no gameplay

Bloodborne - no gameplay

Uncharted - no gameplay

What were the PS4 surprises? 2 remakes (Grim and Ratchet), Suda's game and LBP 3.

and Uncharted 4 trailer was some impressive visuals, I'm just saying Sony for me showed off a lot more Diversity to the gaming community with it's selection of games from Exclusive to 3rd party and indies, than Microsoft's selection I mean microsoft first party selection had already been shown, this is what i'm getting at really, I already knew about Halo guardians, I already knew about Forza Horizon 2, I already knew about Fable Legends, I already knew about COD Advanced Warfare, I already knew about most of them what was shown, nothing grabbed me, but nothing grabbed me from Sony's either not properly, but there showing just seemed alot more diverse than MS's showing.