Funny How this game hasn't gotten a single review yet

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts

MAG(MASSIVE AKTIONE GAME!!!) The reason I bring this up is because I remember when Socom was about to release about an equal time frame from release it had jno reviews and the reason being is because reviewers had to play it after it came out because the servers were supposed to be fixed by then and looked how terribly it flopped, simply because it had soo many unbelievable technical problems. Anyone else have a feeling the same crap will happen here with MAG? Floppy Mc Flop

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Removed the derogatory use of the term 'gay'

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts
[QUOTE="CleanNJerk"]MAG(MASSIVE AKTIONE GAYME!!!) The reason I bring this up is because I remember when Socom was about to release about an equal time frame from release it had jno reviews and the reason being is because reviewers had to play it after it came out because the servers were supposed to be fixed by then and looked how terribly it flopped, simply because it had soo many unbelievable technical problems. Anyone else have a feeling the same crap will happen here with MAG? Floppy Mc Flop

And yet you're not the least bit concerned that Mass Effect 2 is due out the same day and has had exactly four reviews (two of which were pretty obligatory 360 magazines)?
PapaRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 PapaRocks
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts

I see what your saying, and unless they learned to wait for the servers to settle down, it'll probably happen again.

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CleanNJerk
[QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="CleanNJerk"]MAG(MASSIVE AKTIONE GAYME!!!) The reason I bring this up is because I remember when Socom was about to release about an equal time frame from release it had jno reviews and the reason being is because reviewers had to play it after it came out because the servers were supposed to be fixed by then and looked how terribly it flopped, simply because it had soo many unbelievable technical problems. Anyone else have a feeling the same crap will happen here with MAG? Floppy Mc Flop

And yet you're not the least bit concerned that Mass Effect 2 is due out the same day and has had exactly four reviews (two of which were pretty obligatory 360 magazines)?

What ? ME2 has tons of reviews, we know now it's incredible. I'm just trying to explain Socom also suffered the same fate so I wouldn't be surprised if this game gets the same treatment as Socom nearly two years ago. It's just that I really remember that day, that day when the first review was by IGN 2 days after release and it was like a 4.8/`10
Avatar image for illegalimigrant
illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 illegalimigrant
Member since 2008 • 1402 Posts

So you want a review for a game that is online only before the servers are up? What are they going to review the box or the loading screen? cause they won't get past that. And why even mention your orientation?(GAYME)

Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Revan_911
Member since 2007 • 1709 Posts
So you want a review for a game that is online only before the servers are up? What are they going to review the box or the loading screen? cause they won't get past that. And why even mention that you like men?illegalimigrant
Wah?
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
The game is online only, reviewers are probably waiting for the official servers the final print is going to be played at, until those are up and running what are they supposed to base their review on, the Beta? Only retail copies should be reviewed.
ultima-flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ultima-flare
Member since 2003 • 2259 Posts
Kinda hard to review a game prior to release that needs games with 256 players to be at its best. Any review that comes out before 1 week after release is discreditable. You just know IGN or something will be there with a review day 1, based on the beta.
CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CleanNJerk
What yall are saying is true. I figure something like Socom could happen. That would be unfortunate.
CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CleanNJerk

So you want a review for a game that is online only before the servers are up? What are they going to review the box or the loading screen? cause they won't get past that. And why even mention your orientation?(GAYME)

illegalimigrant
I don't like men. Gay men like me :|
illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 illegalimigrant
[QUOTE="illegalimigrant"]

CleanNJerk

Sorry just a joke don't take it personally. You know MAG(MASSIVE AKTIONE GAY-ME!!!)
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

[QUOTE="CleanNJerk"][QUOTE="illegalimigrant"]

illegalimigrant

Sorry just a joke don't take it personally. You know MAG(MASSIVE AKTIONE GAY-ME!!!)

The word gay isn't a synonym for stupid.

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CleanNJerk
[QUOTE="CleanNJerk"][QUOTE="illegalimigrant"]

illegalimigrant

haha I know.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#14 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

don't you know? The Massively overhyped games get Reviews first.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#15 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
Mostly everyone suspects MAG will do poorly anyways.
walkerctranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 walkerctranger
Member since 2006 • 1477 Posts

Thats normally not a good sign because they probably put an embargo on it saying you cant review it until its in stores, so people might just buy it blindly since there are no reviews up

drakecool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 drakecool1
Member since 2009 • 1145 Posts

MAG(MASSIVE AKTIONE GAYME!!!) The reason I bring this up is because I remember when Socom was about to release about an equal time frame from release it had jno reviews and the reason being is because reviewers had to play it after it came out because the servers were supposed to be fixed by then and looked how terribly it flopped, simply because it had soo many unbelievable technical problems. Anyone else have a feeling the same crap will happen here with MAG? Floppy Mc FlopCleanNJerk

I had suspisions but thanks for cl;arifying and coming outta the closet :P

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CleanNJerk

don't you know? The Massively overhyped games get Reviews first.

LegatoSkyheart
Still. Every game that comes out on a Tuesday IGN generally reviews them the Friday before. and GT normally the Monday before the Tuesday release. The fact that zero reviews are available, even those of Playstation Magazine, is surprising.
drakecool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 drakecool1

Mostly everyone suspects MAG will do poorly anyways.Stevo_the_gamer

just like they thought killzone 2 was gonna do bad and uncharted 2

illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 illegalimigrant

Thats normally not a good sign because they probably put an embargo on it saying you cant review it until its in stores, so people might just buy it blindly since there are no reviews up

walkerctranger
Again how can you review an online only game without the server up and running. Unless they review the beta.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#21 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts

Good thing Socom Confron was handed to Slant Six while Zipper Made MAG.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#22 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Mostly everyone suspects MAG will do poorly anyways.drakecool1

Actually, as time went on -- a lot of people knew Killzone 2 would end up being great hence why the hype was at AAA and Uncharted 2's hype was at AAA as well. MAG has been consistently viewed as a A or lower game, even I would be surprised to see it get a 7/10. I'm leaning towards a 6/10
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

MAG(MASSIVE AKTIONE GAYME!!!) The reason I bring this up is because I remember when Socom was about to release about an equal time frame from release it had jno reviews and the reason being is because reviewers had to play it after it came out because the servers were supposed to be fixed by then and looked how terribly it flopped, simply because it had soo many unbelievable technical problems. Anyone else have a feeling the same crap will happen here with MAG? Floppy Mc FlopCleanNJerk

Apparently you have no idea that they had a massive stress test/open beta earlier in the month.

Funny how people who don't know anything about a game always claim it's going to flop.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Jeff Rubenstein writes - "Reviews can't be written until the game is actually out. I mean, you can't pass pre-release judgment on a game whose major, industry-leading feature (256 players in a single battle) can't be tested until release day."

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CleanNJerk

[QUOTE="CleanNJerk"]MAG(MASSIVE AKTIONE GAYME!!!) The reason I bring this up is because I remember when Socom was about to release about an equal time frame from release it had jno reviews and the reason being is because reviewers had to play it after it came out because the servers were supposed to be fixed by then and looked how terribly it flopped, simply because it had soo many unbelievable technical problems. Anyone else have a feeling the same crap will happen here with MAG? Floppy Mc Flopairshocker

Apparently you have no idea that they had a massive stress test/open beta earlier in the month.

Funny how people who don't know anything about a game always claim it's going to flop.

What? lol perhaps you didn't know Socom did as well!!??? lol who are you trying to bluff? I played the beta for 2 seconds because the install is like 20 hours long so yeah.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#26 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Mostly everyone suspects MAG will do poorly anyways.drakecool1

Are you kidding me, everyone knew Uncharted 2 would do great, it was the most hyped game of 2009 after all, and impressions were positive after the beta. People knew Killzone 2 would do well after seeing gameplay vids and playing the beta and then demo.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts
when a game doesnt get reviewed 90% of the time it doesnt get a good score. but mag is a online game so they might be waiting for a week or two after its release.
Avatar image for batman_is_aweso
batman_is_aweso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 batman_is_aweso
Member since 2009 • 2762 Posts

for the vigintillionth time(yes its a number followed by 63 digits)

mag is being hyoped low so if it performs low than its not a flop

if u want a flop look at hype for twilight princess and look at score that was a flop as it was AAAA hyped

drakecool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 drakecool1

[QUOTE="drakecool1"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Mostly everyone suspects MAG will do poorly anyways.Stevo_the_gamer

Actually, as time went on -- a lot of people knew Killzone 2 would end up being great hence why the hype was at AAA and Uncharted 2's hype was at AAA as well. MAG has been consistently viewed as a A or lower game, even I would be surprised to see it get a 7/10. I'm leaning towards a 6/10

halo wars was hyped AA and it didn't even get an A, Dragon Age was hyped AA and got AAA look at batman that was hyped A because of all the bad batman games and it got AAA

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts

if i made a game, and i new it was bad.. i wouldnt give it to the reviews.. i would tell them that they would have to wait till its out to buy it and review it..
case closed

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts
[QUOTE="batman_is_aweso"]

for the vigintillionth time(yes its a number followed by 63 digits)

mag is being hyoped low so if it performs low than its not a flop

if u want a flop look at hype for twilight princess and look at score that was a flop as it was AAAA hyped

mag was hyped alot as the best shooter ever. then after some nonfanboys played the beta the hype died out. im sorry but you cant take away hype after people played it. thats still a flop
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

No. Most people thought those games would do well.

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CleanNJerk

if i made a game, and i new it was bad.. i wouldnt give it to the reviews.. i would tell them that they would have to wait till its out to buy it and review it..
case closed

iamshivy
Actually you'd be surprised how that works. I know many game reviewers who were refused a review copy of the devs' game simply because it isn't finish at time of released or they are embarrased of their work. That's saying something. I know someone who got a copy of NHL for the Wii from EA to review, but at the same time were refused the copy of NBA for the Wii from EA. And he mentioned he bought the game to review and he understood why EA wouldn't send them a copy. It was ass.
93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
[QUOTE="CleanNJerk"]MAG(MASSIVE AKTIONE GAYME!!!) The reason I bring this up is because I remember when Socom was about to release about an equal time frame from release it had jno reviews and the reason being is because reviewers had to play it after it came out because the servers were supposed to be fixed by then and looked how terribly it flopped, simply because it had soo many unbelievable technical problems. Anyone else have a feeling the same crap will happen here with MAG? Floppy Mc Flopjalexbrown

Using simple math, having 4 reviews are better than having 0.
illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 illegalimigrant

[QUOTE="iamshivy"]

case closed

CleanNJerk

Actually you'd be surprised how that works. I know many game reviewers who were refused a review copy of the devs' game simply because it isn't finish at time of released or they are embarrased of their work. That's saying something. I know someone who got a copy of NHL for the Wii from EA to review, but at the same time were refused the copy of NBA for the Wii from EA. And he mentioned he bought the game to review and he understood why EA wouldn't send them a copy. It was ass.

Look I don't know how you can review an online only game without playing it online? The servers won't be up till the game is released so how can they review it? Really why do you ignore that? BTW the game is great. I at first did not have any hope for it since many fanboys kept on saying its a flop it sucks or whatever. I tried it and loved it. This game has a great tactical and strategic element that requires coordination to win. If you run around just like in MW you will get killed. I think that is why many people did not like it. They wanted a casual game.

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

Offical servers dont go up untill tomarrow(monday), how can reviewers review a game that's biggest selling point is 256 player battles when there wont be any players on the servers untill monday, and even then there wont be enough to have multiple 256 player games.

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CleanNJerk

[QUOTE="CleanNJerk"][QUOTE="iamshivy"]

case closed

illegalimigrant

Look I don't know how you can review an online only game without playing it online? The servers won't be up till the game is released so how can they review it? Really why do you ignore that? BTW the game is great. I at first did not have any hope for it since many fanboys kept on saying its a flop it sucks or whatever. I tried it and loved it. This game has a great tactical and strategic element that requires coordination to win. If you run around just like in MW you will get killed. I think that is why many people did not like it. They wanted a casual game.

Hmm when you put it that way perhaps i'm being to one sided about the no review in part. But we will see, I just coulodn't handle installing the beta lol. We'll see I don't want it to fail but I have no hope for it knowing some guys form Slant Six are working on the project.
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

The game has something to it that looks really good graphic-wise....is it the lighting?

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jalexbrown

The game has something to it that looks really good graphic-wise....is it the lighting?

AmayaPapaya
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's just the blindness settling in.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts
How do you review an online only game with no one online?
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

[QUOTE="AmayaPapaya"]

jalexbrown

Hey thats in the wrong thread. I must of mixed up tabs....ooops.

PhilipV94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PhilipV94
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts

The main feature of MAG is it's online play, the servers aren't even up yet so how would they be able to give it a review without experiencing the games main selling point?

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jalexbrown

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="AmayaPapaya"]

AmayaPapaya

Hey thats in the wrong thread. I must of mixed up tabs....ooops.

Oh, priceless. Still, thank you for leaving yourself wide open for that little bit of humor.
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
[QUOTE="93soccer"] Using simple math, having 4 reviews are better than having 0.

You should write a MAG review. After all, you did create that wonderful hype thread which got everyone interested in it :P
SamGv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SamGv
Member since 2007 • 1102 Posts

First off. MAG hasn't been released yet and reviewing a game off the beta is not only a very stupid thing to do but it is also very unprofessional. Especially since the game will launch with more skills, weapons, armor, levels, faces, voices, options, more features, a more polished game pretty much.

Secondly. The servers do not go online until release day, and even on release day no one will be able to get into a 256 player room for awhile since every starts off at level 1 and it takes a while to work your way up.

Now, there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to bash MAG at all. Te graphics are fine, not CODMW2 or Killzone 2 but it's a trade off that was needed for the larger scale, which is the game's selling point. The game does not have "stiff" combat, what you are experiencing is the lack of auto aim. The game does not have "ps2" graphics, no PS2 game could run MAG, and in some areas the game looks REALLY good.

MAG is pretty much being hyped AA. if it gets a lower score than that it's pretty much the reviewers saying "it's not COD, therefor it's bad"