From what you've seen about the Xbox Series X, will you be purchasing it?

• 131 results
brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

Poll From what you've seen about the Xbox Series X, will you be purchasing it? (144 votes)

Day 1 purchase. 16%
Yes. 10%
No. 37%
Eventually. 17%
Going to stick with the PS5,Switch, etc..... 13%
Depending on the exclusives. 7%

I am definitely going to buy the Xbox Series X and planning to buy the PS5 further down the road.

Skipping Nintendo, and any other gaming platform.

Microsoft and Sony is the only one's that interest me.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

It will play discs, so that's a yes from me.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Nope, nobody with a good PC needs an Xbox and given a choice between Xbox and any Sony console I'll go with the one that has lots of exclusives (i.e. not Xbox). It's not like last gen when both 360 and PS3 had a ton of exclusives and it was worth owning both.

A PC with Game Pass and a PS4/5 and you're covered for literally everything.

This could change if MS announce a lot of must have games from their own studios before the next Xbox is released but from what they've shown so far I really wouldn't bet on it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I'll definitely be buying it, but not sure about day 1 yet. That depends on if Nintendo releases a "Switch Pro" or something similar next year... if it doesn't, then I'll get the XSX day 1.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69462 Posts

Yep.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#6 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

Nope, nobody with a good PC needs an Xbox and given a choice between Xbox and any Sony console I'll go with the one that has lots of exclusives (i.e. not Xbox). It's not like last gen when both 360 and PS3 had a ton of exclusives and it was worth owning both.

This could change if MS announce a lot of must have games from their own studios before the next Xbox is released but from what they've shown so far I really wouldn't bet on it.

Well, I don't have a good PC. I'm strictly laptop, and have no interest in investing in a gaming laptop. So, consoles are good enough for me.

Anyway, I was sold when they said it's going to be 100 percent backwards compatible with older generation Xbox games. I still got Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, and I've been DYING to play that again, and BC never came for it on the Xbox One, so...

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:
@blueinheaven said:

Well, I don't have a good PC. I'm strictly laptop, and have no interest in investing in a gaming laptop. So, consoles are good enough for me.

Anyway, I was sold when they said it's going to be 100 percent backwards compatible with older generation Xbox games. I still got Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, and I've been DYING to play that again, and BC never came for it on the Xbox One, so...

Fair enough. BC across all previous consoles is a big selling point for sure. I can't imagine Sony matching that with PS5, probably only BC with PS4. They better have that at least or people will be super pissed.

Needless to say, if you're going Xbox for next gen (or this gen) get yourself stocked up with Game Pass find some of the good deals and line them up. Best thing MS have ever done.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I like horizontal consoles every console ive own has been horizonatal I HTE BIG FAT TOWERS how about that

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

"No" as everyone here knows I have a beast of a gaming PC since MS now supports PC by porting their games which they have my thanks so I won't need to invest another console into my house and no, I will not be purchasing PS5 on launch day as well but will probably buy PS5 between 3/4 years when it fully matures to warrant a purchase.

Don't get me wrong, Xbox Series X looks great from what I seen so far and while I'm not MS target audience, I wish MS good luck on it's launch day.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

I usually get the consoles...……...eventually.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

No, it's all about games and if I can reduce space and get the same games, I will. As long as games are on PC, I'll get any I care about there.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

I will spend that money upgrading my PC. I might also wait to get a PS5 instead of buying it early unless there are some titanic releases early into its life.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

Maybe. Depends on what Obsidian does. And I'm also interested in any and all Hellblade sequels.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

Yep, absolutely. It’ll be a day one purchase for me. I’ll preorder one as soon as it becomes available.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Maybe, was going to grab the next series of AMD gpu's so if it beats that maybe.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#16 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

No chance in hell I am buying another Xbox console. I will play the superior versions of the games on PC.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Like everyone else I will be getting a SEX box.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Depends on the exclusives. Presumably there aren't any to speak of, so my PC is already an "XSeX". But if that proves false and there's some must-have stuff maybe. It looks like a sweet device

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#19 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Don't care.

PC.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@davillain-: lol you will be missing alot of great games on PS5. You're going to wait 2 years to play the next Horizon?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@r-gamer: I have a PC and I have lots of other games I'll be playing and need to be played anyways. I'll let PS5 library of games grow over the years and it's not like I need to play their exclusives right away. PC/Nintendo Switch will gladly fill in the void for my gaming needs :)

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Yes

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

doubtful since I have a PC

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

I like what I see. I went from a yes eventually to likely a day one. I will be getting a ps5 day one as well.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

Probably not until the next iteration in a few years when the slim version comes out and there are games out for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

Looks pretty damn cool but my PC is top of the line and I already support Microsoft with the Xbox Game Pass app on PC. I would like an ultrawide OLED though but who knows when that will happen...lol.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

No reason to if you have PC... Microsoft has made it clear that it won't hold back PC support so, no thank's I don't want to buy a console weaker than my PC with no exclusive games, that's a waste of money.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Eventually, whenever I decide to jump in to next gen gaming. But for a few more years I'll be happy with current gen hardware.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Grey_Eyed_Elf
@dagubot said:

Looks pretty damn cool but my PC is top of the line and I already support Microsoft with the Xbox Game Pass app on PC. I would like an ultrawide OLED though but who knows when that will happen...lol.

Probably not for another 3-4 years and its not due to burn in. OLED pixels is that the blue would die quick as PC's are used for long periods of times and most peoples OLED monitors would eventually turn yellow due to the blue dying. OLED TVs that don't lose their colors quickly is their use of more robust all white OLED pixels as a backlight with color filter matrix on top... and Samsung AMOLED phones/tablets and laptops are not used and are swapped around before this happens.

Dell have a OLED monitor but its more a luxury beta test for professional work.

People are working on getting this fixed but it won't be around for another several years or more at the very least.

https://www.oled-info.com/itri-developed-highly-efficient-blue-oled-emitter-based-plasmon-coupled-green-pholed

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

It's basically a locked down PC now, even more than this gen. It even looks like a Corsair ONE prebuilt...

So that's a negative from me. It would be rather redundant as I already have a great PC. I'd rather buy a new GPU next year. My 1080Ti is like 3 years old and I have the upgrade itch, but a 2080Ti isn't enough of an upgrade for $1200. Hopefully AMD releases some high-end GPUs soon to force Nvidia to lower prices.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I'll stick with the ps5.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

As long as the games are everywhere else, the answer is still no. Same with Sony if they jumped on the PC train.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@The_Stand_In said:

It's basically a locked down PC now, even more than this gen. It even looks like a Corsair ONE prebuilt...

So that's a negative from me. It would be rather redundant as I already have a great PC. I'd rather buy a new GPU next year. My 1080Ti is like 3 years old and I have the upgrade itch, but a 2080Ti isn't enough of an upgrade for $1200. Hopefully AMD releases some high-end GPUs soon to force Nvidia to lower prices.

Not on Navi. Runs too hot... Well actually maybe they could but it would be AIO type of GPU out the box.

Adding drastically more CU's to Navi would throw it into a 99c type of deal without a AIO, I don't think we will see anything past 58 CU with ray tracing from RDNA2 and even then it will compete against a 2080 Ti and Nvidia will be on Ampere by then.

SO yes they will have high end cards BUT no they won't be able to compete with Ampere as Navi is already struggling with Turing.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#34 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Depends, but almost certainly no. Most of their games will be on PC, so I'll just play them there.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

I'll be upgrading to Zen3 and RTX3000 next year, so no, there is no point in getting the X.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#36 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Do we even have a price indication?

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#38 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I'm confused. What exactly have we "seen" other than a bunch of rumors, speculation of the power, and what it looks like? The Xbox Series X is out?

Jokes aside, it may be wiser to wait until the thing gets benchmarked/see some games for it before jumping on the bandwagon... that goes for PS5 too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39  Edited By deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

If the specs are anywhere near the current announced ones, you'll be hard pressed to find a smaller and cheaper alternative in the realm of pc building. I tried searching up small form factor ITX cases and the smallest that go for around 50$ are atleast twice the size of the XsX. Only the ones that get close to the size are very costly for atleast 150$. Thing with PC builds is that atleast a 650Watt PSU is needed for a ryzen 3600, a rtx 2070 super and other parts. That eats up size.

In other words, I speculate you will have a very very tough time finding a better deal than the XsX when it releases. Mouse/kb could be a major preference but even there M$ wants to improve support. More and more Xbox is turning into M$ saying "hey, this is what we believe your mid/high tier pc should be like, but at a more affordable price and more prepackaged experience"

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@KungfuKitten: @remiks00:

Only thing mentioned was 2x the "power" in terms of GPU and in GPU talk that means twice the performance i.e framerate... As for price they mention at the reveal it would be a price everyone will be happy with last year so its all very vague and for a reason.

That type of a power is not going to be cheap also anyone with a brain who knows anything about the launch of navi knows 12 tflops is not going to happen in a small box that will retail for $399 like these fanboys wish.

They will hold the TFLOP talk back till the E3 and the Price... Simply because they don't want to create negative buzz when the console is a year from launch, and by the time E3 is here both console will have similar price and performance so no negative buzz will start due to them being so similar its why neither company wants to go first.

I said this when the X1X and Pro launched... They shot them selves in the foot, now their next generation consoles outside of a better CPU and a NVMe are going to look like 1.5 in terms of raw gaming performance.

Its their fault for being greedy with the mid generation launch of drastically more powerful hardware.

The gap between the X1S and X1X is bigger than the gap between the X1X and XSX even if is "12 TFLOPS".

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

If I was going to buy any console, I would, but I like the openness of PC, and I need one anyway, so I'll most likely just stick with that again.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Next gen is PC, PS5 and Switch/Switch2 for me.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#43  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Only thing mentioned was 2x the "power" in terms of GPU and in GPU talk that means twice the performance i.e framerate... As for price they mention at the reveal it would be a price everyone will be happy with last year so its all very vague and for a reason.

That type of a power is not going to be cheap also anyone with a brain who knows anything about the launch of navi knows 12 tflops is not going to happen in a small box that will retail for $399 like these fanboys wish.

They will hold the TFLOP talk back till the E3 and the Price... Simply because they don't want to create negative buzz when the console is a year from launch, and by the time E3 is here both console will have similar price and performance so no negative buzz will start due to them being so similar its why neither company wants to go first.

I said this when the X1X and Pro launched... They shot them selves in the foot, now their next generation consoles outside of a better CPU and a NVMe are going to look like 1.5 in terms of raw gaming performance.

Its their fault for being greedy with the mid generation launch of drastically more powerful hardware.

The gap between the X1S and X1X is bigger than the gap between the X1X and XSX even if is "12 TFLOPS".

What you are saying makes total sense. I agree.

If hypothetically, in some alternate universe, they were able to deliver the "rumored specs", I wonder just how much of a loss they would be selling these systems at. No way in hell would sell at $399; that would be absolute bananas

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@remiks00 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

What you are saying makes total sense. If hypothetically, in some alternate universe, they were able to deliver the "rumored specs", I wonder just how much of a loss they would be selling these systems at.

It would be substantial if it retails for anything less than $500.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Doesn't look like it but who knows

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#46 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Nope

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Hell blade 2 looks kind of cool not sure about the shape but the price will be most important to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#48  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: True but it's also different going to a shop and buy a GPU or ordering at least 40 million.

Yes, this happens every gen, specs tend to fall short. But with business models shifting and consoles moving towards being almost PCs there's space for a closer to PC specs console at a significantly reduced price.

There's a slice of gamers now economically independent that have the money but don't like gaming in PC. It's a whole generation now of full adults. Don't know how many but I fit right in.

Not saying it's gonna happen.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@phbz said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: True but it's also different going to a shop and buy a GPU or ordering at least 40 million.

Yes, this happens every gen, specs tend to fall short. But with business models shifting and consoles moving towards being almost PCs there's space for a closer to PC specs console at a significantly reduced price.

There's a slice of gamers now economically independent that have the money but don't like gaming in PC. It's a whole generation now of full adults. Don't know how many but I fit right in.

Not saying it's gonna happen.

What to do mean now are adults?... the original gamers from the NES era grew up a long time ago, and even the PS1 teenagers did as well, both are past pushing 40 or even 50 years of age. It didn't stop them from not buying a Wii U or Switch or Xbox One... Consoles have to be good or hit the mass market audience to get high sales, gamer's alone aren't enough why do you think these companies and marketing towards parents and kids or group gaming so much?... The mass audience might be too distracted with their phones to bother buying a console.

Core gamers won't make another Wii or PS2 happen alone.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

MS really screwed us once die hard lemmings wIth Xb1, so the 360 was my last MS console . After switching over to the dark side ( PS4) I’m sticking with Sony.