Forza Motorsport 6's weather and night racing aren't dynamic

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-15-forza-motorsport-6s-weather-and-night-racing-arent-dynamic

Forza Motorsport 6's new features have been confirmed following last week's leak, with 24 car racing both online and off, 10 new tracks and a car roster in excess of 450 machines - giving it the most comprehensive garage of this generation to date.

Turn 10 is also introducing night racing and wet weather, though there's a catch - both features will not be dynamic, with event conditions set in place and unwavering. Also, wet weather and night racing will only feature on a selection of tracks - those which are considered a reasonable fit for such conditions (so expect a sodden Silverstone as well as racing by night at Daytona and Le Mans). The wet races will also feature '3D puddles' - simulations of standing water that factor in elements such as the porousness of any given surface.

Are you kidding me? ....Like seriously Turn 10 are you just pulling my leg right now? you took the GT5 route with only weather/night being on select tracks, but even that was fully dynamic..

I seriously don't know how to feel about this, As a forza fan i'm still picking it up day 1...but wtf man.

This is my fault for becoming to hype and fanboying all over threads for forza 6..

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

Thats a bit stupid, but who cares? It's Forza. It will be great.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

@bobrossperm said:

Thats a bit stupid, but who cares? It's Forza. It will be great.

it will be great and i will play the shit out of it like iv'e done since the beginning of forza motosport...but man...i'm so damn dissapointed, i was as dissapointed when PD pulled this crap in GT..

I like being to able to choose what time of day, what hour, and what type of weather.... i have been completely spoiled by Project cars, DC and FH2 approach to Dynamic time and weather.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

That is kind of shitty....still looks great though and will perform at 1080P/60fps, which those other games do not.

pl4yer_f0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pl4yer_f0und
Member since 2009 • 990 Posts

This series as a whole has gotten stale for me. I used to be a huge Forza fan till Forza 4 where it became apparent that Turn 10 where going the CoD route by releasing games every two years that are only add a few new features. People have been asking for night racing and weather, among other things, for five years now, and Turn 10 have always given excuses to why they won't do it. They play it safe with every release, and then they milk their customers for content that should have been in the game in the first place (like all the car packs for Forza 5).

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@TorqueHappens08 said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-15-forza-motorsport-6s-weather-and-night-racing-arent-dynamic

Forza Motorsport 6's new features have been confirmed following last week's leak, with 24 car racing both online and off, 10 new tracks and a car roster in excess of 450 machines - giving it the most comprehensive garage of this generation to date.

Turn 10 is also introducing night racing and wet weather, though there's a catch - both features will not be dynamic, with event conditions set in place and unwavering. Also, wet weather and night racing will only feature on a selection of tracks - those which are considered a reasonable fit for such conditions (so expect a sodden Silverstone as well as racing by night at Daytona and Le Mans). The wet races will also feature '3D puddles' - simulations of standing water that factor in elements such as the porousness of any given surface.

Are you kidding me? ....Like seriously Turn 10 are you just pulling my leg right now? you took the GT5 route with only weather/night being on select tracks, but even that was fully dynamic..

I seriously don't know how to feel about this, As a forza fan i'm still picking it up day 1...but wtf man.

This is my fault for becoming to hype and fanboying all over threads for forza 6..

OP I don't trust MSFT anymore this game could be a copypasta of FM5 :\ just wait for grand turismo or something to evolve racing scene

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@sts106mat said:

who cares? forza races are 10-15 minutes max, weather rarely changes that quickly. if you want dynamic weather in a racer, you can have it in the open world FH2....

dont see the big deal here.

yeah, i agree.. also, to maintain the 1080p/60 fps standard, they have to make some sacrifices.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@sts106mat said:
@tushar172787 said:
@sts106mat said:

who cares? forza races are 10-15 minutes max, weather rarely changes that quickly. if you want dynamic weather in a racer, you can have it in the open world FH2....

dont see the big deal here.

yeah, i agree.. also, to maintain the 1080p/60 fps standard, they have to make some sacrifices.

the most impressive thing for me about Forza 6 is that there will be 400+ forza vista cars.

I am not really into racers, but i do like the forza games, I dont know if i will get this one yet though.

on top of that, there are 24 player races.. i wonder how they could even handle that.. yeah, the forza series is good, i'am a massive fan of the franchise plus there is better tuning on FM.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#13 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Forza a simulation as far as consoles are concerned, having static weather and a fixed ToD is realistically how it should be for race consistency. Too many people have Driveclub in their head for the way this should be approached for whatever reason, Driveclub is an arcade game through and through, cars don't have to react realistically to introduced effects in a race like rain, they're not simulating real car behavior and physics. Forza on the other hand has to, they have to make it accurate, they have to react properly, weather being dynamic during the course of a race is too much to account for, even getting proper static weather effects in a sim is not something done regularly or at all.

There's literally nothing to complain about.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@nyadc said:

Forza a simulation as far as consoles are concerned, having static weather and a fixed ToD is realistically how it should be for race consistency. Too many people have Driveclub in their head for the way this should be approached for whatever reason, Driveclub is an arcade game through and through, cars don't have to react realistically to introduced effects in a race like rain, they're not simulating real car behavior and physics. Forza on the other hand has to, they have to make it accurate, they have to react properly, weather being dynamic during the course of a race is too much to account for, even getting proper static weather effects in a sim is not something done regularly or at all.

How come in microsoft flight simulator' and city building simulators we see stuff like dynamic weather and things?

bro simulators SHOULD HAVE stuff come up that makes it a simulator if earthquakes and thunder storms didn't happen its not a simulation at all, they should randomly occur thats what we want in a simulator like drive club

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@nyadc said:

How come in microsoft flight simulator' and city building simulators we see stuff like dynamic weather and things?

bro simulators SHOULD HAVE stuff come up that makes it a simulator if earthquakes and thunder storms didn't happen its not a simulation at all, they should randomly occur thats what we want in a simulator like drive club

The weather effects in flight simulator are accurately approached, but we're talking cars here, how rubber grips the pavement, how water fills the tread and reduces traction and causes hydroplaning etc. There's so many things to account and code for and a realistic dynamic system right now is just asking too much, maybe in the next 10 years, but right now it's just not feasible.

P.S. Driveclub is not a simulator in any capacity, it's arcade from top to bottom.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

LMAO, but i understand 1080p 60fps would be unreachable if it was

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

pCARS managed realtime weather+day/night cycles with 40+ cars in a race and the frame rate is still pretty solid and smooth, atleast it is on my PS4, i cant speak for the bone version.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Looks like Forza 5 1/2. Need more Burnout.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

I can forgive weather and night racing not changing during racing, but missing the features completely on some tracks is a bit off.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@l34052 said:
@lglz1337 said:

pCARS managed realtime weather+day/night cycles with 40+ cars in a race and the frame rate is still pretty solid and smooth, atleast it is on my PS4, i cant speak for the bone version.

And yet Project Cars hardly looked better than a 1.5-year old Forza 5. Let's be frank, you'll either get great graphics and dynamic weather conditions + night/day cycle like in Forza Horizon 2 in 1080p/30fps or static conditions and differently set but fixed times of the day in 1080p/60fps.

@ten_pints said:

I can forgive weather and night racing not changing during racing, but missing the features completely on some tracks is a bit off.

It might be because of the way certain tracks are scanned from real life. There was the same situation with certain stadiums in FIFA.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

I hear that Turn 10 puts the office restroom toilet paper roll in backwards to boot.... Preorder canceled. :P

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

I hear a lot of apologists here but the truth of the matter is that SMS could manage all of the above with many more cars on track plus a MUCH deeper physics simulation running aswell at the same time, if you say pCARS doesnt look as good as forza 5 then you're only fooling yourself. Ive seen both games running and to me pCARS actually beats forza in alot of ways graphically which is amazing when you consider whats goin on behind the scenes.

SMS have proved that with care and attention and a genuine love for what you do you can pull all of these things off in a game with very few compromises.

In the real world though i dont really care, i dont own a bone and dont intend on getting one or forza, pCARS for me is THE racing game of the gen so far and only Assetto Corsa can potentially beat it but until it hits the PS4 i wont know for sure but im more excited for that than i am forza or even GT.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@nyadc said:

Driveclub is an Arcade racer not a sim racer

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

Shitty but it doesn't matter. Forza is king.. And that's coming from a gt fan