Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

.......on Xbox One and PC

https://www.windowscentral.com/forza-horizon-3-crosses-9-million-players-xbox-one-and-pc

.....I think, to date, more than nine million people have played Forza Horizon 3. But if you'd told me right back around the launch window that that was going to be how it panned out? That's astonishing. That was beyond wildest dreams territory for this team.

Still amazing reguardless. Shows the growth in cultural mindshare this franchise has experienced, especially compared to Gran Turismo.

If you compared the sales of this game, to say........Gran Turismo Sport, and then took a time machine back 10 years into the past and posted that info on System Wars, you would have been laughed off of the internet.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Congrats I guess.. great for people who love racing.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#3 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

It's a great game. It deserves the recognition it received.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

inb4NeedhealingandQuadknight

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Fake news as everyone knows lems don't have any games

/sarcasm.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

Okay, so now Microsoft will use "crosses" instead of "sold"? This is so insane and stupid. This is what happens when you're in last place, making fake news. It's funny because they also won't release numbers of consoles sold for the Xbone 1.

Oh and lemmings, the game isn't exclusive. It's on the pc as well, just saying...

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Needhealing

@speedfreak48t5p said:

inb4NeedhealingandQuadknight

I can play it on my pc and it's a great racing game. Technically it's not a lemming game.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Awesome to hear. I got the game for the Xbox One and absolutely love it. It’s a fantastic game, can’t wait for FH4.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 StrongDeadlift
@needhealing said:

Okay, so now Microsoft will use "crosses" instead of "sold"? This is so insane and stupid. This is what happens when you're in last place, making fake news.

Oh and lemmings, the game isn't exclusive. It's on the pc as well, just saying...

Its ok that Gran Turismo Sport only sold 3.27m, despite releasing more than a year after Forza Horizon 3.

You'll be aiight.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Needhealing

@StrongDeadlift said:
@needhealing said:

Okay, so now Microsoft will use "crosses" instead of "sold"? This is so insane and stupid. This is what happens when you're in last place, making fake news.

Its ok that Gran Turismo Sport only sold 3.27m, despite releasing more than a year after Forza Horizon 3.

You'll be aiight.

How much did Forza sell, though? Crosses isn't sold. Fortnite "crossed" 40 million players. Guess why?

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 StrongDeadlift
@needhealing said:
@StrongDeadlift said:
@needhealing said:

You'll be aiight.

How much did Forza sell, though? Crosses isn't sold.

Jesus christ you replied 22 seconds after I hit enter. Not attacking you, that was just weird as hell, seeing the notification pop up immediately, lol.

On topic, I dont know. The point is, 10 years ago, the mere concept of this happening wouldnt be up for debate or discussion. Despite the Forza games consistently scoring better, that was never reflected in the sales, and it was just assumed that GT would always sell better.

It just goes to show that the cultural mindshare finally shifted towards Forza and away from Gran Turismo, to match the scores.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Needhealing

@StrongDeadlift said:
@needhealing said:
@StrongDeadlift said:
@needhealing said:

You'll be aiight.

How much did Forza sell, though? Crosses isn't sold.

Jesus christ you replied 22 seconds after I hit enter. Not attacking you, that was just weird as hell, seeing the notification pop up immediately, lol.

On topic, I dont know. The point is, 10 years ago, the mere concept of this happening wouldnt be up for debate or discussion. Despite the Forza games consistently scoring better, that was never reflected in the sales, and it was just assumed that GT would always sell better.

It just goes to show that the cultural mindshare finally shifted towards Forza and away from Gran Turismo, to match the scores.

Because you posted, I got the notification and replied back quickly. Not that weird, just quick.

And honestly, if GT Sport was available on the playstation gamepass it would have "CROSSED" 9 million players.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@needhealing said:
@StrongDeadlift said:
@needhealing said:

You'll be aiight.

How much did Forza sell, though? Crosses isn't sold. Fortnite "crossed" 40 million players. Guess why?

Because it is free?

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Great game. Well deserved

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69464 Posts

Flop that is less than 5% of Xbox and PC gamers. LMAO.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

"crosses" lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Good player count for a good game. Perhaps the only MS game worth a shit.

Still how much did it sell though? Player count isn’t the same thing as units sold.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro

@quadknight said:

Still how much did it sell though? Player count isn’t the same thing as units sold.

If you know of a way to play the game without buying please share.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Needhealing

@quadknight said:

Microsoft don't reveal sales numbers anymore for the fear of being seen weak, which they are of course. Just like they don't reveal xbone console sales. Funny thing is if they were winning they'd be bragging about it, but of course they lost this gen.

The new word is "Crosses"

ribhu672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ribhu672
Member since 2014 • 173 Posts
@needhealing said:
@StrongDeadlift said:
@needhealing said:

You'll be aiight.

But it's not free though. Those 9 million players must have bought it.

ribhu672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ribhu672

@needhealing: "Crosses" The author of the article used that word not Microsoft. Try to read please. Here's what Creative Director for Forza horizon 3 ,Ralph Fulton(not Microsoft) told IGN -

"I think, to date, more than nine million people have playedForza Horizon 3. But if you'd told me right back around the launch window that that was going to be how it panned out? That's astonishing. That was beyond wildest dreams territory for this team."

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Needhealing

@ribhu672 said:
@needhealing said:
@StrongDeadlift said:
@needhealing said:

You'll be aiight.

It was bundled with the Xbone ONE for a long time, M$ are counting those numbers. We don't know where those numbers come from, because M$ don't disclose their sales hence why they didn't say the word "sold" and the game didn't even chart in the top 10 the month it was released (NPD).

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Needhealing

@ribhu672 said:

@needhealing: "Crosses" The author of the article used that word not Microsoft. Try to read please. Here's what Creative Director for Forza horizon 3 ,Ralph Fulton(not Microsoft) told IGN -

"I think, to date, more than nine million people have playedForza Horizon 3. But if you'd told me right back around the launch window that that was going to be how it panned out? That's astonishing. That was beyond wildest dreams territory for this team."

Again, that's not sold. Do you have an article with the sales figures of Horizon 3?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Pedro: Ever heard of game rentals?

The player count is respectable but don’t act as if it means the same thing as units sold because it doesn’t. If Sony announced only number of players for their game I’m sure you’d be asking for actual number of units sold.

ribhu672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ribhu672

@needhealing: Forza horizon 3 released in 2016. I don't think within these past two years xbox console sold very well. Even though what you say is true, still the numbers may be only short of 2-4 million. The rest out of the 9 million I'm betting it actually sold.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Needhealing

@quadknight said:

The player count is respectable but don’t act as if it means the same thing as units sold because it doesn’t. If Sony announced only number of players for their game I’m sure you’d be asking for actual number of units sold.

Exactly. Double standards, but these are lemmings. This gen has been a nightmare for them so they use every trick they can to make themselves feel better. Of course it doesn't matter. This gen is over.

ribhu672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ribhu672

@quadknight: Don't worry I won't be asking such questions. I don't do console wars.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pedro

@quadknight said:

So 9 million people rented the game? LMAO. Talk about being salty for no reason. I don't ask for sales numbers, I play games. LOL. I have yet to care about sales when I enjoy a game.

"If Sony announced only number of players for their game I’m sure you’d be asking for actual number of units sold."

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By StrongDeadlift

@quadknight: are we really going to act like millions, or even hundreds of thousands of people are hitting up Blockbuster, in 2018 tho? Whom as of tomorrow, will only have one open store left in america? Or even Gamefly, for that matter?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#30  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

https://www.windowscentral.com/forza-horizon-3-crosses-9-million-players-xbox-one-and-pc

.....I think, to date, more than nine million people have played Forza Horizon 3. But if you'd told me right back around the launch window that that was going to be how it panned out? That's astonishing. That was beyond wildest dreams territory for this team.

Still amazing reguardless. Shows the growth in cultural mindshare this franchise has experienced, especially compared to Gran Turismo.

If you compared the sales of this game, to say........Gran Turismo Sport, and then took a time machine back 10 years into the past and posted that info on System Wars, you would have been laughed off of the internet.

You would have been laughed off the internet for thinking that PD would actually release a GT game in those 10 years. They like to take their time. LOL

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

As a fan of the original TDU, I would love to play FH, but since it's Win10 only, it is a no go for me.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Well deserved... easily the best racing game this generation. And one of the best games period.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

That’s good, because forza horizon 3 is awesome ?. That’s one good thing MS did this gen is bring their games to the mighty Pc , which alllowed me to buy a PS4 pro instead.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Nothing against the game, but people really think this game actually sold 9 million copies?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@needhealing said:
@ribhu672 said:
@needhealing said:
@StrongDeadlift said:

You'll be aiight.

It was bundled with the Xbone ONE for a long time, M$ are counting those numbers. We don't know where those numbers come from, because M$ don't disclose their sales hence why they didn't say the word "sold" and the game didn't even chart in the top 10 the month it was released (NPD).

You were saying?

Not only that the game was released on the 27th and only had 3 days to chart, also it didn't count digital sales and the game was available 3 days early to people who pre ordered the ultimate edition digitally. You guys are just upset that an Xbox game sold.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Nice. Only racing franchise worth a damn.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#37  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Players =/= Sales

The number of players usually includes things like free trials and demos. The last confirmed sales figure for Horizon 3 was 2.5 million in February 2017.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

Mostly on PC Forza has been selling like crap on xbox all this gen.

GT sport is only on PS4 not also on PC.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tormentos

@i_p_daily said:

You were saying?

Not only that the game was released on the 27th and only had 3 days to chart, also it didn't count digital sales and the game was available 3 days early to people who pre ordered the ultimate edition digitally. You guys are just upset that an Xbox game sold.

It charted 9 almost out of the chart,and by october it was out already.

https://venturebeat.com/2016/11/17/october-2016-npd-battlefield-mafia-and-gears-dominate-the-sales-chart/

TC is an idiot this article is based on player not on sales,yet he try to argue sales of the game vs GT sport.lol

Number of players include demos,freebies,and used copies re sold,hell who knows if this include multiple accounts on the same damn machine.

The last know number was 2.7 million on 2017 it was never heard again from,so i doubt it sold almost 7 more millions units out of thin air,without been in the charts.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts
@Jag85 said:

Players =/= Sales

The number of players usually includes things like free trials and demos. The last confirmed sales figure for Horizon 3 was 2.5 million in February 2017.

Correct. No one with brains is falling for this spiel. If the word "sales" isn't attached, then it's an absolute meaningless metric.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tormentos

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Jag85 said:

Players =/= Sales

Correct. No one with brains is falling for this spiel. If the word "sales" isn't attached, then it's an absolute meaningless metric.

Everything coming from MS that doesn't include hard solid numbers should be taken with an ocean full of salt,hell even hard concrete numbers should be taken as shipped rather than sold.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts
@tormentos said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Jag85 said:

Players =/= Sales

Everything coming from MS that doesn't include hard solid numbers should be taken with an ocean full of salt,hell even hard concrete numbers should be taken as shipped rather than sold.

The last time MS even reported a number for the console was "approaching 10 million shipped" like three years ago, so you know things are bad. I think player counts shouldn't even count towards paid games, only f2p ones. It's only a way for MS to hide behind bad sales.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Needhealing

@tormentos said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Jag85 said:

Players =/= Sales

Lemmings will clinge to everything, because they are desperate. No way in hell the game jumped from 2.5 million to 9 million, come on.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Not impressed.

9 million with PC and Bone. That is sad.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pedro

Look at the damage control. First it was rentals now its trials (there is none) and demos. In another thread someone blames gamepass. ? The butthurt is real and it stings.?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ant_17

@Pedro said:

Look at the damage control. First it was rentals now its trials (there is none) and demos. In another thread someone blames gamepass. ? The butthurt is real and it stings.?

Neither GTS or FH3 have had a retal or free anything. They both have a demo doe.

The difference is GTS will say their sales numbers, while FH3 won't.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Needhealing

@Ant_17 said:
@Pedro said:

Neither GTS or FH3 have had a retal or free anything. They both have a demo doe.

I wonder why they won't release sales.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ant_17

@needhealing said:
@Ant_17 said:
@Pedro said:

I wonder why they won't release sales.

Cause they are crap.

Why are you asking the obvious?

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

Not much of an achievement considering the PC+Xbox one user base combined that is huge, this is not even 1% of the user base.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b553a3d72a3b
deactivated-5b553a3d72a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: -2

#50 deactivated-5b553a3d72a3b
Member since 2018 • 191 Posts

What's with this "crossed" crap? New fad?