Forza 7 is a mess and "dynamic" weather happens at predetermined times.

• 155 results
mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

Loot boxes have reached a new low with Forza 7’s “pay to earn” option

Know issues at https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst104213_Forza-Motorsport-7-Known-Issues--PC-Xbox.aspx

PC SPECIFIC KNOWN ISSUES

• All players on a given PC will be able to play the game but only players who purchased the DLC will be able to access the DLC.

• Player's mouse pointer will stay in the forefront while actively racing

• Race track and audio features may not load properly in a race if the player has tabbed out of the game in the pre-race lobby until the race starts.

• Random Gamertags may appear in the host's lobby when backing out of Public or Private multiplayer sessions and not allow them to join a new hopper lobby.

• Some players may be unable to create or join voice chat sessions. We suggest restarting your computer and trying again.

• We are aware that the ['] key may be difficult to see in various menus.

• Game may become unresponsive when a player is browsing Driver Info in a large public multiplayer lobby during the transition to the next track.

• Players’ HDR settings may reset to max brightness and gamma upon relaunching the game.

• Players who exit Car Select during Launch Countdown without selecting a car will be left behind in the lobby with no car selected.

• Players who redeemed DLC on their Xbox One console may not see their DLC available when they play on PC. Players who experience this should make sure the DLC is downloaded to the PC they're playing on.

• When selecting a car, pressing the toggle option may not toggle the car stats.

• Driver Tier icon may not display properly on the Event Results or Leaderboard in the Post Race screen.

• Players will not receive credit bonus rewards for using VIP Forza Edition cars in Rivals events.

• Wheel rotation for navigating outside of racing may not be supported in menus like Livery Editor, Forzavista, Photo Mode, and the Decal Editor.

• Players may lose game audio if they unplug their headset and plug it back in while in the game.

• Unlocked framerate is currently not supported in the Forza Motorsport 7 but will be available with a future update.

• Currently, players cannot change video options during a race. We will be releasing an update in the future that will allow players to change video options mid-race.

• Benchmark mode may experience long load times or crashes after running the benchmark test.

• Players may experience the track not loading after using consecutive rewinds. If you experience this, please quit the race and start it again.

• Players may experience graphics not rendering properly when racing. If you experience this, we recommend turning down your in-game video settings.

• Changing the Camera Motion Effects will not apply after saving. The setting change should be applied to your second race but if it doesn’t, please quit the demo and launch it again.

• Players won't be able to use G-sync if they have the Nvidia 385.69 drivers installed. Players will want to install the 385.41 drivers to use G-sync.

• If players are experiencing hitching/stuttering, we suggest disabling Game Mode in Windows and close any overclocking, hardware monitoring, streaming, recording and any nonessential apps while we investigate this.

XBOX SPECIFIC KNOWN ISSUES

• Game may be unresponsive for players who launch that game after their console turned off due to inactivity.

• Race track and audio features may not load properly in a race if the player has the Xbox Guide open in the pre-race lobby until the race starts.

• In multiplayer, players may experience their menu to disappear until the next race starts if they are idle on the Driver Level Milestone Reward section.

• Players will be unable to access their VIP cars and Driver Gear if they are offline.

• Player ghosts may not appear while participating in Rivals events.

• While playing split-screen, Player B will be unable to use their purchased DLC if player A has not also purchased it.

• Some players may not see their VIP crates when first launching the game. Those experiencing this will need to fully close the game and launch it again to claim their VIP crates

• Cars may be misplaced or appear outside of the environment when loading Replays through Rivals Leaderboard.

• Player's car may appear outside of the track while in the Post Race screen in Rivals events.

• Players may only have the option to choose “Rent Car” in Rival events even though they own a car for that Rival event.

• While viewing a Rivals replay through Leaderboards, DLC cars that are not owned by the player will show as NULL.

• When signing into another profile, the game will freeze and user will get controller disconnect message. User will need to close game completely and relaunch the demo

GENERAL KNOWN ISSUES

If the Controller Disconnect message appears while in a public or private multiplayer pre-race lobby at the “Loading Track” screen, the background will turn white and the OK button will flicker red and blue

• Players may notice performance hitches when loading into a multiplayer lobby for the first time.

• Player's may not be able to make a selection in the Post-Race menu if they open the Vote for Track window and dismiss it.

• Game may become unresponsive when changing game types in Free Play.

• Game may become unresponsive if a player is disconnected and tries to join a public hopper after reconnecting.

• In a private multiplayer lobby, players who are removed from the lobby by the host may see a "Voted Out" message instead of "Kicked by Host".

• Arabic text is reversed in both the Forza Motorsport 7 demo and in full version of the game. We are aware of this issue and will be issuing a fix in the near future

Game has no dynamic weather at all!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-29-forza-motorsport-7-is-doing-something-few-other-driving-games-are-anymore

It might not have the feature set of something like Project Cars 2 (that weather, while improved from what was featured in Forza 6, doesn't allow for truly dynamic around the clock races, unfortunately). It might not have the hard edges of more sim-based material like Assetto Corsa and iRacing on the PC market of which it's now a part. But, as ever, this is the driving game for everyone, and when it comes to approachability, consistency and polish, nothing else comes close

From GAF too :

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=250487333

TOD is not manually selectable (so it doesn't look like there is a way to start the race at a precise time such as 3pm for example), nor can you dictate time progression speed manually from what I've seen. Night racing is not available on all tracks either.

The weather/night stuff is not available on a lot of tracks where it would make sense as well. Time progresses to night time on every race track in the world so I don't know what their excuse there is. Wet weather racing also happens on a lot of tracks that it's omitted from - did you see the recent Monza F1 Gran Prix? The whole "no two races will be the same" stuff looks to be marketing BS.

It's a series of prebaked scenarios for the tracks it's available on and it would have been a lot of work/testing (and data) for them to extend that across all tracks. I would much rather they were honest about that fact rather than coming in hot with the whole "everything is fully dynamic this time" bullshit.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=250501742

The weather/time of day doesn't seem to be dynamic at all. If it was you'd be able to define conditions yourself.

Pre-sets change when players are active. It's not the only game to do this. I've noticed it in other racing games and open-world games too. I don't recall Turn 10 saying it's completely dynamic anyway, even if they do say time and weather changes during a race.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=250498493

The weather / time of day selection stuff is an absolute mess. Nighttime and if applicable, day-to-night or night-to-day transitions are strictly bound to specific track layouts. And the rain settings always requires a full track reload (and the loading time is not shortened) if you change a setting and want to check out how the starting conditions feel.

And I think they didn't make all the weather options available in free race. For example, there was this beautiful weather setting in one of the career races (first race of "Spooner cup", I think-- the one where you can choose any car class), Hockheimring Full Circuit, track was already wet at the start but it wasn't raining yet, time of day appeared to be morning with a rising, bright orange sun breaking through the morning mist and reflecting on the wet track. So basically, it was "early morning just after it had rained, with light fog".

I just can't replicate this exact setting in free race at Hockenheim (I chose the same track and layout from the career race). This fails right off the bat with not being able to select a wet track condition without it raining and there's no option to select time of day (e.g. morning/midday/afternoon). There's a whole lot of weather starting conditions, but the overcast / cloudy ones have a dry track, the rainy ones have no mist, and none of them have a rising sun breaking through mist.

So either this isn't possible to set up or I'm blind. But then again, the UI is a mess.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=250499855

So weather adjusts depending on how much of a race YOU have completed. I put a 4 lap race on but decided to not race and let the A.I go around. The weather didn't change while I was immobile until 15 minutes later when I went for lap 2.

Is weather available online races? Wondered how it will work, will it sync to the person in 1st or dependant on where everyone is on the track/lap.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=250501886

Ah right, then yeah - I don't think Forza 7 does have dynamic weather in that regard. The weather changes I've seen so far have all happened at predetermined times, I'm pretty sure (e.g. if I restart a race, which I'll often do, it'll start raining at roughly the same time). This is on PC.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=250495670

ToD and weather options are extremely limited.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I've only had a couple of little hitches... nothing major. And the weather is dynamic as far as I've experienced.

But anyway, sometimes games have bugs at launch. It happens. They'll get patched.

Don't let it stop you from getting one of the best racing games of the gen.

(this and Horizon 3 are top of the pile)

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#3 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Sounds like a jelly cow to me. Moving on.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44136 Posts

This thread has convinced me to purchase the Ultimate Edition when it comes out this Tuesday.

I thank you good sir.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

The Ars Technica article is lol, buying things has been in Forza all this gen. Hint: buyable stuff in Forza is mostly just a quality of life thing not a pay2win feature. Its also not required to be competitive.

The Neogaf stuff is also lol. Everyone knows Neogaf is basically a bunch of Sony knob goblins. Its like Fox News for Sony fanboys.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mowgly1

@lukeasaurusrex:

"Dynamic" weather isn't dynamic when it happens at predetermined times.

That's SCRIPTED! So, Eurogamer is full of shit.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mowgly1

@oflow:

Neogaf stuff is the same as Eurogamers. So, they are bullshit too?

Btw. These quotes from GAF are members which have Xbone and PC, dumbass!

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

I'm more concerned about how the port will run. Horizon 3's PC port was decent at best.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Disgusting first the invisible pit stops now the weather really isn't even random

what a piece of shit they told us they were going to evolve past driveclub and gt sport and with 100 gig download they can't even do that

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=250487333

TOD is not manually selectable (so it doesn't look like there is a way to start the race at a precise time such as 3pm for example), nor can you dictate time progression speed manually from what I've seen. Night racing is not available on all tracks either.

The weather/night stuff is not available on a lot of tracks where it would make sense as well. Time progresses to night time on every race track in the world so I don't know what their excuse there is. Wet weather racing also happens on a lot of tracks that it's omitted from - did you see the recent Monza F1 Gran Prix? The whole "no two races will be the same" stuff looks to be marketing BS.

It's a series of prebaked scenarios for the tracks it's available on and it would have been a lot of work/testing (and data) for them to extend that across all tracks. I would much rather they were honest about that fact rather than coming in hot with the whole "everything is fully dynamic this time" bullshit.

Missing manual TOD doesn't mean dynamic weather is missing. FM7's TOD and wet weather behavior is similar to FH3.

"Night racing is not available on all tracks" claim is in conflict with "Time progresses to night time on every race track in the world".

The only bullshit is GHG poster.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ronvalencia

@mowgly1 said:

@lukeasaurusrex:

"Dynamic" weather isn't dynamic when it happens at predetermined times.

That's SCRIPTED! So, Eurogamer is full of shit.

"Dynamic weather" means the weather changes. Being a program is a compiled script(turned into machine language) from the programmer LOL.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@oflow said:

The Ars Technica article is lol, buying things has been in Forza all this gen. Hint: buyable stuff in Forza is mostly just a quality of life thing not a pay2win feature. Its also not required to be competitive.

Buying stuff in Forza has been in the series since Forza 4. You could buy tokens to unlock cars without having to use in-game money.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

Wow, even Forza 7 is causing anal discomfort. The dedication to everything Xbox is truly amazing.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@Pedro:

xbox x and forza 7 got the cows shook

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#17 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I thought DF indicated a while back that the weather wasn't truly dynamic. But if it gives a good illusion of it, does the end user need to care?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'll never play the game but how is the first "issue" on PC actually an issue? "Only players that have purchased the DLC will be able to access the DLC"...

That's every game with paid DLC...

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@Telekill said:

I'll never play the game but how is the first "issue" on PC actually an issue? "Only players that have purchased the DLC will be able to access the DLC"...

not necessarily games like vermintide, payday come to mind, when you play in group only the host needs to have the dlc

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ronvalencia

@Telekill said:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/648301/Project_CARS_2_Season_Pass/

The Project CARS 2 Season Pass is ready to take your ultimate driver journey to the next level. Season Pass content includes 4 loaded DLC packs for the price of 3, each containing new cars, tracks, career events, and liveries the instant they become available for download in-game.

Project Cars 2 has DLC hence Season Pass.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

lmao cow nitpicks and makes a big deal out of it

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ronvalencia

@xantufrog said:

I thought DF indicated a while back that the weather wasn't truly dynamic. But if it gives a good illusion of it, does the end user need to care?

It's dynamic without the manual ability to select the weather type and TOD i.e. FM7's weather and TOD behaviors are similar to FH3.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@ronvalencia: I see. I think when they'd commented on it not being truly dynamic it was one of the early reveal builds, so that could definitely have changed

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hrt_rulz01

I'm starting to realise that when we get these nitpick threads about Xbox products (usually from cows), such as this & especially the X, it's actually a sign that they know the product is good (and better than what they have), so they create these threads to try to tear it down and make themselves feel better. It's actually a compliment to the product really.

Just waiting for the anti-Cuphead threads. Should be coming soon.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hrt_rulz01

@Archangel3371 said:

This thread has convinced me to purchase the Ultimate Edition when it comes out this Tuesday.

I thank you good sir.

The Ultimate Edition is already out :)

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ronvalencia

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/download/about

GT 6 has DLCs.

The cows are engaging in FUD.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44136 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Yeah but I prefer to get the physical version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Things were promised, and some of those promises were broken. Happens all the time in game development. Moving on.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

More marketing lies by an MS company? I'm shocked

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/download/about

GT 6 has DLCs.

The cows are engaging in FUD.

Fallout 4 had DLCs

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

It was beta tested in the future.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@mowgly1: It's surprising that you who has no intention of playing this game puts so much effort into trying to damage control it :(

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#34 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Nothing has changed here, I see LOL

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Enjoy the cafeteria food.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

How the hell is that list, “nitpicking?”

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

It's more surprising someone could stay awake long enough while playing this game to find a bug lists that large.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

So I was right then?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

• Players may lose game audio if they unplug their headset and plug it back in while in the game

Seriously, who the hell does that? At what point do you think "I'm going to pause this track and unplug my head set now"?

I didn't have any issues at all with the PC demo, while playing it anyway. Oddly though when I exited the game it wiped out Xbox Live and I had to reinstall the app, very odd.

carlquincy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 carlquincy
Member since 2012 • 391 Posts

Many users in Reddit are complaining about the micro-transactions as well.

From what I read, its more like Forza 5 than Forza 6, FWIW.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hrt_rulz01

@Archangel3371: The physical version is out too... atleast here in Aus it is.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mowgly1

@ronvalencia:

Dynamic weather doesn't happen at predetermined times, it happens anytime like in Driveclub, GT5 or GT6 or PCARS. In F7 is SCRIPTED when it happens in exactly at the same time.

Nice try with spin, Xbone fan.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

@GarGx1: Maybe they unplugged it by accident

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

The basement dwelling is strong with the TC..mad jelly cow anyone?

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

@lrdfancypants: It's when you have blinders on.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@lrdfancypants said:

It's more surprising someone could stay awake long enough while playing this game to find a bug lists that large.

At least people are "playing" the game, but it must be hard for fancy pants, as I know you find too many button uses confusing :)

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

It was beta tested in the future.

translation "I hate xbox wahh but im here"

Continue to show your butthurt breh

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Of course the game isn't fully dynamic like other racing games like Drive Club........ Why else to you think Xbox-X can run it at 4k/60...

carlquincy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 carlquincy
Member since 2012 • 391 Posts

Apparently the VIP bonus only lasts 25 games.

There are quite a few peeps got the VIP refunded

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@lukeasaurusrex said:

It does have dynamic weather lol.

Loading Video...

Not really LOL, wait well it does, but only on CERTAIN TRACKS lol. Now that's sad when Project Cars has it on of its tracks lol.