forza 3 demo- osm graphics, needs better feel

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c009341336cd
deactivated-5c009341336cd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5c009341336cd
Member since 2004 • 1855 Posts

i feel like there should be more rumble response when playing with a controller

it also seems a lil faster paced than forza 2 and im not sure if its a good thing yet but we'll see

other than that the graphics look phenominal

gt5 has some tough competition

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

it also seems a lil faster paced than forza 2 and im not sure if its a good thing yet but we'll see

tmgwarrior72

The only competition between GT5 and F3 is here in SWs its not like someone will buy 360 just to play F3 or someone will buy PS3 just to play GT5 its just people will pick the one available on the console which they have.

Tobin09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tobin09
Member since 2006 • 1579 Posts
[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

[QUOTE="tmgwarrior72"]

The only competition between GT5 and F3 is here in SWs its not like someone will buy 360 just to play F3 or someone will buy PS3 just to play GT5 its just people will pick the one available on the console which they have.

I would buy a 360 for forza, And I mainily bought a ps3 for gt5, looks at my psn, I have like 2 games, nascar 09. Gt5P Looks like I should have waited though, as If I knew pholphony was gonna take so dam long, I could have bought a better cheaper ps...(Slim)
fail_baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fail_baby
Member since 2009 • 898 Posts
[QUOTE="Tobin09"][QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

[QUOTE="tmgwarrior72"]

I would buy a 360 for forza, And I mainily bought a ps3 for gt5, looks at my psn, I have like 2 games, nascar 09. Gt5P Looks like I should have waited though, as If I knew pholphony was gonna take so dam long, I could have bought a better cheaper ps...(Slim)

I plan on buying a 360 for Forza... :|
Tobin09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tobin09
[QUOTE="tmgwarrior72"]

I tore it up with the wheel for awhile got 1500 in the leaderboards, then when I tried the controller real quick it felt like poo. Like always understeer, even when your oversteering. Just on the controller though.
ThatsSimtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ThatsSimtastic
Member since 2009 • 2054 Posts
[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

[QUOTE="tmgwarrior72"]

Looks like you're wrong. I personally would buy a ps3 for gt5 (along with a few other exclusives)
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#7 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Anyone else find the Forza 3 demo much easier to play than Forza 2 with all the assists off? It's much more forgiving (with a controller, at least), with ABS being the biggest offender (or least, given that it's more than playable off).
Tobin09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tobin09

fail_baby

I promise you it's gonna be worth it. there are so many features that are underhyped here. With the auction house, and storefront, and the tuning grages, and all the paints from artist, and leaderboards, It gets soooo much fun. IIt's undescribeable, but making selling tuned/painted cars, to continue to make more money, working with people, really makes these games so good.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DJ_Lae
Looks like you're wrong. I personally would buy a ps3 for gt5 (along with a few other exclusives)ThatsSimtastic
Same here. I bought mine at the time for backwards compatability, but the main game I was looking forward to was GT5 (I bought GT5P cheap used, as Polyphony's attempt to sell it at $40 offended me).
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DJ_Lae

I promise you it's gonna be worth it. there are so many features that are underhyped here. With the auction house, and storefront, and the tuning grages, and all the paints from artist, and leaderboards, It gets soooo much fun. IIt's undescribeable, but making selling tuned/painted cars, to continue to make more money, working with people, really makes these games so good.

Tobin09
That's one thing I wish they offered in the demo, just to give a taste of it - the tuning. Even if they just let you tinker with the Lancer, and add some aftermarket bodywork, engine mods, and tires, it would give a much better idea of what's going to be in the final game. As it stands we basically have one track from the game's arcade mode, and no one plays Forza for its arcade mode.
Tobin09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tobin09
Anyone else find the Forza 3 demo much easier to play than Forza 2 with all the assists off? It's much more forgiving (with a controller, at least), with ABS being the biggest offender (or least, given that it's more than playable off).DJ_Lae
I thought the opposite actually, alot more weight transfer, weight in general, more snap oversteer, cars getting upset easyer, elevation changes making bigger impact, I never tried the assist other than abs which seemed fine. I have good braking techniques, I drive like I would without ABS, so it's there for safety for when I get too excited, so, I didn't get a great feel for it.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DJ_Lae
I thought the opposite actually, alot more weight transfer, weight in general, more snap oversteer, cars getting upset easyer, elevation changes making bigger impact, I never tried the assist other than abs which seemed fine. I have good braking techniques, I drive like I would without ABS, so it's there for safety for when I get too excited, so, I didn't get a great feel for it.Tobin09
Yeah, the track is definitely a tricky one, and it took me a few races to get first place with the difficulty set to expert (or whatever the highest one is). None of the tracks in Forza 2 are as narrow and have so many sharp changes in elevation, so that might play a role. I just found the cars in general much more manageable, but maybe it's due to tweaks they've made to how the game handles the triggers - the dead space for braking and gas might be larger, allowing you to be more violent without spinning out or locking up the brakes.
Tobin09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tobin09
[QUOTE="Tobin09"]I thought the opposite actually, alot more weight transfer, weight in general, more snap oversteer, cars getting upset easyer, elevation changes making bigger impact, I never tried the assist other than abs which seemed fine. I have good braking techniques, I drive like I would without ABS, so it's there for safety for when I get too excited, so, I didn't get a great feel for it.DJ_Lae
Yeah, the track is definitely a tricky one, and it took me a few races to get first place with the difficulty set to expert (or whatever the highest one is). None of the tracks in Forza 2 are as narrow and have so many sharp changes in elevation, so that might play a role. I just found the cars in general much more manageable, but maybe it's due to tweaks they've made to how the game handles the triggers - the dead space for braking and gas might be larger, allowing you to be more violent without spinning out or locking up the brakes.

part of it is the cars, all stock with tuned in understeer, AWD, Then this race porsche that is completely nuetral all the way through the corner, and an incredible entry bite. With the wheel it seemed alot more sensitive,
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DJ_Lae
That's true too - the Ferrari definitely seem the most fun to drive, as the Porsche has the same sort of near undrivable characteristics as the R-class cars from Forza 2. My main hope for the game is that tuning your car to U class doesn't mean you HAVE to have the assists on to make it around a corner. I love the Cerbera 12, for instance, but it was an absolute mess in Forza 2 even before tuning.
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Man where's Masiisam and his FM3 Demo Hands on impressions :(

jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

fail_baby

Well good for you.. :)