Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1294 Posts

Mickey Mouse with guns? Not exactly...

Disney and Epic have announced a partnership. Disney invested 1.5B into Epic.

In addition to being a world-class games experience and interoperating with Fortnite, the new persistent universe will offer a multitude of opportunities for consumers to play, watch, shop and engage with content, characters and stories from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Avatar and more. Players, gamers and fans will be able to create their own stories and experiences, express their fandom in a distinctly Disney way, and share content with each other in ways that they love. This will all be powered by Unreal Engine.

“Our exciting new relationship with Epic Games will bring together Disney’s beloved brands and franchises with the hugely popular Fortnite in a transformational new games and entertainment universe,” said Robert A. Iger, Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “This marks Disney’s biggest entry ever into the world of games and offers significant opportunities for growth and expansion. We can’t wait for fans to experience the Disney stories and worlds they love in groundbreaking new ways.”

Disney and Epic already partnered for some Star Wars and Marvel characters in Fortnite, but these could have been preexisting deals. Now we know the relationship will continue.

Lego and now Disney, plus a lot of other franchises they already connected. This is big. Epic already knows how to leech a lot from peoples' wallets, and so do Disney and Lego.

Is this the end of gaming as we know it?

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26115 Posts

Curious to see what they do.

Can't be as disappointing as the EA deal.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59356 Posts

Oh god.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3125 Posts

That's like Hitler marrying AIDS.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#5  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17913 Posts
Disney
Disney
Tim Sweeney
Tim Sweeney

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8511 Posts

Things aren't good at Epic it means. It's there third or fourth round of capital raise in a couple of years. Seems like Fortnite money is drying up.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39745 Posts

Fortnite is one of the worst games i've ever had the courage of trying. Even if i was 8yo, the main domographic of a shit game like it, there's no shot i would ever play it, even if all my pals were playing it.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@hardwenzen: I dunno. Plenty of 8yos apparently into prop hunts, imposters, role playing in creative mode, and cranking 90s in box fight while watching Tiko

Parents better lock up their wallets, this mix is dangerous. Disney and Epic be experts at siphoning.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39745 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

@hardwenzen: I dunno. Plenty of 8yos apparently into prop hunts, imposters, role playing in creative mode, and cranking 90s in box fight while watching Tiko

Whatever is popular on their fav twitch/youtube streams is what they'll be playing. Fortnite is just the standard.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GirlUSoCrazy

@hardwenzen: True. I'm not rooting for this one but I don't know how it will flop, even that garbage Lego x Fortnite game is working, it's the most popular Fortnite season yet. Next with Disney they're going to advertise the s*** out of that and cross promote.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#11 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 529 Posts

I pretty much ignore fortnite and Disney, but if anyone wants a really excllent Disney crossover, check out the Mortal Kombat X Disney mod. Woody using his hat to cut Sully the monster in half is pretty awesome.