Fornite 60FPS on consoles, PS4 Pro runs the game continues for some ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c746fddbe486
deactivated-5c746fddbe486

193

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-5c746fddbe486
Member since 2017 • 193 Posts

between 864p to 1080p, Sony should rebrand the PS4 Pro as a Dynamic 1080p console, because it’s getting ridiculous for Sony to be still selling the system as a 4K console ?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-fortnites-new-patch-really-does-deliver-60fps

Avatar image for xantufrog
xantufrog

11755

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 11755 Posts

Your argument would be more potent if it didn't also illustrate the x1x as using dynamic resolutions... dat 1100p 4k amirite?

In other words, all you've done is show us that what we already know about their relative power applies to other contexts like resolution scaling. Which isnt exactly a revelation. Unfortunately, performance is less stable on the One and One X as well.

The real news here is that the console gamers win big all around because the patch actually manages to deliver genrally solid 60fps. When not, it's improved or more stable. That's a huge boon.

Avatar image for Juub1990
Juub1990

8753

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 8753 Posts

Eh it's 60fps. Ain't gonna complain too much.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

44587

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44587 Posts

You guys are so adorable when you get all excited over numbers you are told are important.

Avatar image for tdkmillsy
tdkmillsy

3138

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 3138 Posts

1100p on X is bad but 864p on Pro is embarrassing.

Funny how people will still defend it

Kudos for putting 60fps option in there mind

Avatar image for nfamouslegend
NfamousLegend

372

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 372 Posts

First of all fix the awful grammar in you title, and second I didn't read your thread.

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

29244

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 29244 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

1100p on X is bad but 864p on Pro is embarrassing.

Funny how people will still defend it

Kudos for putting 60fps option in there mind

lol is embarrassing for both the XOX was marketed as true 4k without compromises,and is just on the same spot the Pro is compromising everything,you can't really pick one apart from the other,but people like me already knew the xbox one X would not deliver true 4k so i am not surprise at all.

Avatar image for kuu2
kuu2

11169

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 11169 Posts

LOL..................

Dat ProFauxK

Avatar image for phbz
phbz

4717

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#9 phbz
Member since 2009 • 4717 Posts

That resolution! The Protato almost beats a docked Switch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

12449

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

What does the XBX1 run it as?

Avatar image for pimphand_gamer
PimpHand_Gamer

2881

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#11 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 2881 Posts

Lol Fortnite. Games for children

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

12449

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

So let me get this straight.

XBX1 and PS4 Pro ... the amazing premium consoles where only 00001% of PC's supposedly beat it... is playing the game at 1080p ... 30 FPS/60FPS or less?

PC - 2k at 144 FPS.

Avatar image for 04dcarraher
04dcarraher

23254

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#13 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23254 Posts

@MBirdy88:

Whats funny is that even a GTX 960 supplies a similar framerate at full 1080p. The mighty 2.3ghz jaguar strikes again

Avatar image for kruugh
Kruugh

111

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Kruugh
Member since 2017 • 111 Posts

i think it's the best choice, targeting framerate and not resolution...well, that's why i'll never get a console, because they usually don't give us the choice of framerate

Avatar image for UssjTrunks
UssjTrunks

11299

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

4K on PC is premature, let alone on consoles.

The 1080 Ti is the only GPU that can run 4K at 60 fps (and 60 fps is considered unplayable for competitive games, so it's not like even that is an impressive feat). Console manufacturers should have focused on improving the 1080p experience this gen rather than rushing half-assed 4K.

1080p/1440p are still the best resolutions for gaming, on console or PC.

Avatar image for Xabiss
Xabiss

2924

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 2924 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

What does the XBX1 run it as?

This is what DF said:

By contrast, the Xbox One X is the most powerful console of the bunch and it delivers some really impressive results. Our lowest recorded resolution comes in at 1152p, rising to 1728p at peak, with 1440p the most common measurement we found. The contrast between the base and enhanced consoles is quite remarkable - Xbox One X works nicely on a 4K screen despite its shifting sub-native pixel count.

They said that the game can possibly hit 4K resolutions, but they never measured the game hitting those marks. Still runs a ton better resolution wise the the PS4 Pro and the game never runs under 1080P like the Pro.

Avatar image for Xabiss
Xabiss

2924

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 2924 Posts

@UssjTrunks said:

4K on PC is premature, let alone on consoles.

The 1080 Ti is the only GPU that can run 4K at 60 fps (and 60 fps is considered unplayable for competitive games, so it's not like even that is an impressive feat). Console manufacturers should have focused on improving the 1080p experience this gen rather than rushing half-assed 4K.

1080p/1440p are still the best resolutions for gaming, on console or PC.

It is more sad that people thought a $500 machine would ever give uncompromise 4K when 1500-2000 computers still cant run every game at 4K 60. But some how a AMD 580 like GPU and a Jaguar was going to do it. I am still impressed just how good the X is for my needs though.

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

29244

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#18 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 29244 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

@MBirdy88:

Whats funny is that even a GTX 960 supplies a similar framerate at full 1080p. The mighty 2.3ghz jaguar strikes again

Yep and another beat down on the whole XBO X = a 1070GTX.

Avatar image for pdogg93
pdogg93

1682

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1682 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@UssjTrunks said:

4K on PC is premature, let alone on consoles.

The 1080 Ti is the only GPU that can run 4K at 60 fps (and 60 fps is considered unplayable for competitive games, so it's not like even that is an impressive feat). Console manufacturers should have focused on improving the 1080p experience this gen rather than rushing half-assed 4K.

1080p/1440p are still the best resolutions for gaming, on console or PC.

It is more sad that people thought a $500 machine would ever give uncompromise 4K when 1500-2000 computers still cant run every game at 4K 60. But some how a AMD 580 like GPU and a Jaguar was going to do it. I am still impressed just how good the X is for my needs though.

We all know your needs are special.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
hrt_rulz01

19359

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19359 Posts

Lol, what do you expect from a half-arsed rush job console that is the Pro.