For those that still like Halo, will Halo 5 be the last chance?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Jakandsigz

Poll For those that still like Halo, will Halo 5 be the last chance? (41 votes)

Yes, if it is bad I will not be playing Halo again. 22%
No, Halo already died with me with the 4th game or before. 49%
Don't care, may pick it up, may not. 29%

Halo 4 made no sense in SP and was an atrocious COD clone in the MP section, although still not being as bad as Killzone 3, it was not far off.

Many people brought the game fast, which meant the fast amount of hatred was all over. For a lot of people Halo 5 IS the last chance.

But what about you? Is Halo 5 the last chance for 343 to make a good halo game outsidde a remake of the first game?

• 
Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#51 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@destroyerman455 said:

@Evo_nine said:

yeah because the 10 loser hipsters on here who think halo 4 sucked are really going to make a difference.

Halo 4 was awesome and halo 5 will also be awesome.

Halo 5 will also outsell any naughty dog game. Sorry guys.

This is possible unless The Last of Us 2 is released.

Halo 4 sold almost 9 million copies. 10 of those copies went to hipsters that didn't like it.

Last of us was a good game but not in the same league as halo.

Avatar image for destroyerman455
destroyerman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 destroyerman455
Member since 2005 • 77 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

@destroyerman455 said:

@Evo_nine said:

yeah because the 10 loser hipsters on here who think halo 4 sucked are really going to make a difference.

Halo 4 was awesome and halo 5 will also be awesome.

Halo 5 will also outsell any naughty dog game. Sorry guys.

This is possible unless The Last of Us 2 is released.

Halo 4 sold almost 9 million copies. 10 of those copies went to hipsters that didn't like it.

Last of us was a good game but not in the same league as halo.

I agree, but after the wave TLOU caused last gen, I'm just saying the amount of copies sold on the next one will be a lot higher than before and maybe even close to Halo.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#53 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I hope halo 5 has rpg elements.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#54 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

I didn't vote because I'm one who still likes Halo. Logic would dictate I liked 4 and have no reason to worry about 5. The series has its fans, like me who read the books (can't wait to check out Traviss new one), graphic novels and other media. We enjoyed 4, and look forward to the future.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22670 Posts

"for those that still like Halo" - cmon man, thats some weaksauce dribbling out of your fingertips.

I think Halo will be fine... every franchise meets fatigue and some go off the rails, but MS knows what they have in Halo and will always deliver a game of considerable worth. I think i'm ready for them to take some more chances on the SP side of things, but the MP, coop and everything else in the package is still stellar.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

Nice Poll. Apparently, you think that the 9 million people who bought Halo 4 didn't like it.

What is it with you people? You all spend so much time talking about XB1 games in a bad light. That' little green monster will eventually cause shoulder problems...

Were do you get that Halo 4 sold 9 million copies i can't find that any where..

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Nice Poll. Apparently, you think that the 9 million people who bought Halo 4 didn't like it.

What is it with you people? You all spend so much time talking about XB1 games in a bad light. That' little green monster will eventually cause shoulder problems...

Honestly, I just remember reading it somewhere. I think VG Charts and Wikipedia (not the most reliable sources, I know) had sales at 8.9 and 9 respectively. My point wasn't that Halo 4 sold 9 million, it was that the TC assumes that everyone who bought Halo 4 (or at least a significant majority) did not like the game - which I find hard to believe.

If I am wrong about the 9 million, then I officially apologize. It was not meant to be the focal point of my post.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Honestly, I just remember reading it somewhere. I think VG Charts and Wikipedia (not the most reliable sources, I know) had sales at 8.9 and 9 respectively. My point wasn't that Halo 4 sold 9 million, it was that the TC assumes that everyone who bought Halo 4 (or at least a significant majority) did not like the game - which I find hard to believe.

If I am wrong about the 9 million, then I officially apologize. It was not meant to be the focal point of my post.

Your point was made just fine. They are just fanboys that will nitpick at any little detail in order to derail the conversation or try to nullify your point.

The OP is silly because Halo 4 had extremely positive critical reception from both the gaming media and gamers.

http://www.amazon.com/Halo-4-Xbox-360-Standard-Game/dp/B0050SYX8W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389652652&sr=8-1&keywords=halo+4

It has average user scores that high even with all the fake fanboy reviews that any big game like this attracts.