For those buying or preorderded the Xbox One.

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Just curious as I see most of the people losing their mind over the Xbox One rumors that TitanFall and Cod Ghosts may run at 720p, how much would that matter to you if its confirmed true?

For me personally, it would be disappointing, but far from the end of the world you see Cows and Sonygaf preaching. With Forza set at 1080 and Ryse at 900, considering how they both look, I'm perfectly fine with the launch games resolution. I'm well aware of the specs the PS4 boasts and that it is a more powerful piece of hardware than the One. I just don't think its the better one for my tastes, which start at gaming but extend further where I feel the One blasts by the PS4. I'm also well aware that in every gen launch games, how they look in two years, and then four are vastly different. I guess I really like what I've seen, and while I wish the launch resolution was 1080, and it may still be if the rumor is false, but if it isn't I don't care all that much. Games are games are games and I absolutely expect Xboix One games to look better tha launch games going forward. But more importantly for me, I like the games coming out more than the PS4 is offering. TitanFall, Quantum Drive, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Halo 5, Fable Legends all coming within year one I guess launch game resolution just isn't bothering me all that much. And whatever edge the PS4 has graphically hasn't shown up to me in gameform as of yet. Killzone looks nice, but I still wouldn't buy it even if it came out for the One. Shrugs

Those are my thoughts. What do you think if the rumors are true, will that change you buying the system or not? Its cool if you feel differently than me, just striking up conversation among people who actually want/wanted the system.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Resolution is a big deal but for me frame rate is bigger. On PC I play at 1440p and 60 fps. I tried to play AC3 on Wii U this past weekend and could not play more than 10 minutes because of the frame rate. It completely killed it for me. On the other hand I played tons of Pokemon X and the low res 3DS screen doesn't bother me at all. So if DR3 and Titanfall run well I will be able to look past the resolution. And none of this pre launch talk will keep me from buying either system. I have both pre ordered and am excited for both.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Basinboy  Online
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Cool blog, better DC

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Heil68  Online
Member since 2004 • 60680 Posts

What matters most to me is having Kinect(lol) shoved down your throat and MS dropping core games in 2009. Fool me once MS....

Resolution doesnt matter to me for consoles. I have a gaming PC for when it does.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shawn30

@Basinboy said:

Cool blog, better DC

Lol, no DC. I'm not trying to change anyone opinion, just gauge those who wanted or had already pre-ordered the system. If someone doesn't want or like the One it doesn't bother me in the least. I'm not trying to sell it, I'm just talking about it.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@shawn30 said:

Just curious as I see most of the people losing their mind over the Xbox One rumors that TitanFall and Cod Ghosts may run at 720p, how much would that matter to you if its confirmed true?

For me personally, it would be disappointing, but far from the end of the world you see Cows and Sonygaf preaching. With Forza set at 1080 and Ryse at 900, considering how they both look, I'm perfectly fine with the launch games resolution. I'm well aware of the specs the PS4 boasts and that it is a more powerful piece of hardware than the One. I just don't think its the better one for my tastes, which start at gaming but extend further where I feel the One blasts by the PS4. I'm also well aware that in every gen launch games, how they look in two years, and then four are vastly different. I guess I really like what I've seen, and while I wish the launch resolution was 1080, and it may still be if the rumor is false, but if it isn't I don't care all that much. Games are games are games and I absolutely expect Xboix One games to look better tha launch games going forward. But more importantly for me, I like the games coming out more than the PS4 is offering. TitanFall, Quantum Drive, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Halo 5, Fable Legends all coming within year one I guess launch game resolution just isn't bothering me all that much. And whatever edge the PS4 has graphically hasn't shown up to me in gameform as of yet. Killzone looks nice, but I still wouldn't buy it even if it came out for the One. Shrugs

Those are my thoughts. What do you think if the rumors are true, will that change you buying the system or not? Its cool if you feel differently than me, just striking up conversation among people who actually want/wanted the system.

I don't care. I am interested in the games, the cloud (and dedicated servers), and the media functions. If I were a graphics whore, I'd get a PC.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

It wouldn't matter at all for me personally. I plan on eventually buying both consoles but likely the XB1 first because I'm more interested in its launch line-up. I also GREATLY prefer the xbox controller. The offset sticks simply feel so much better than the symmetrical sticks on the PS controller.

Honestly, depending on the quality of the scaler on the XB1, you may hardly even be able to notice after the 1080p upscale.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shawn30

@StormyJoe said:

@shawn30 said:

I don't care. I am interested in the games, the cloud (and dedicated servers), and the media functions. If I were a graphics whore, I'd get a PC.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5819 Posts

I dunno on this one. I've pre-ordered an Xbox One and have argued for it on these forums. But now I'm having second thoughts. Its the unknown that's bugging me. I expected the Xbox One to be less graphically impressive than the PS4 but by a margin that I wouldn't really care. I expected 900p Xbox to 1080p PS4 or even 720p to 900p isn't too bad. But 720p to 1080p is a stretch too far. I want the Xbox one for all the other features such as dedicated servers and even Kinect (which I think is cool and lots of potential). But if the rumours are true (and they are still rumours) and it turns out games look far better on PS4 then I will have to have a bit of a rethink.

If I'm totally honest I'm thinking of getting a Wii U to tide me over to the full truths come out.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shawn30

@tdkmillsy said:

I dunno on this one. I've pre-ordered an Xbox One and have argued for it on these forums. But now I'm having second thoughts. Its the unknown that's bugging me. I expected the Xbox One to be less graphically impressive than the PS4 but by a margin that I wouldn't really care. I expected 900p Xbox to 1080p PS4 or even 720p to 900p isn't too bad. But 720p to 1080p is a stretch too far. I want the Xbox one for all the other features such as dedicated servers and even Kinect (which I think is cool and lots of potential). But if the rumours are true (and they are still rumours) and it turns out games look far better on PS4 then I will have to have a bit of a rethink.

If I'm totally honest I'm thinking of getting a Wii U to tide me over to the full truths come out.

I guess my thoughts on this is I'm not so concerned with launch games as they never take advantage of the best the console can do. Couple that with Xbox One's architecture being more complex and they were only finalizing aspects of it in mid August, I'm not shocked only Forza is confirmed 1080p. But I've seen and played it with my own two eyes, so I have little doubts what the One can do. I guess the Remedy game and new Halo and Titanfall grab me more than the resolution argument, although I would like 1080p as well. But if Turn 10 can do it, and Ryse looks like it does and they are both launch, I just don't feel there's much to worry about graphics wise. But I admittedly want the One for more than just games, so my views are tinged by that.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33098 Posts

The last thing I care about on consoles is graphics. I'm still interested in the xbox one more than the PS4 currently.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50494 Posts

Wow, you really are a shill?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shawn30

@Chutebox said:

Hey, whats a shill? I've heard that word and don't know what it means. Seriously.

And I just like the One better than PS4. I don't care if you like the PS4 better. shrugs, no big deal to me.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chutebox

@shawn30 said:

@Chutebox said:

Hey, whats a shill? I've heard that word and don't know what it means. Seriously.

And I just like the One better than PS4. I don't care if you like the PS4 better. shrugs, no big deal to me.

An employee acting like a satisfied customer.

This thread wasn't needed at all bud. There is one lem (supposedly) shaken by the rumors. This is just a support group thread.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

I don't allow rumors to determine whether I buy a product. Especially when it involves videogames, which is just a bunch of fanboys pretending rumors = facts.

I look forward to playing DR3, Forza and Ryse.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shawn30

@Chutebox said:

@shawn30 said:

@Chutebox said:

An employee acting like a satisfied customer.

This thread wasn't needed at all bud. There is one lem (supposedly) shaken by the rumors. This is just a support group thread.

Wow, lol Fanboy paranoia at its best. Dude, no ones looking for a support group, but you're enjoying being a troll-Cow seeing as you don't want the system and have nothing to add to the convo. I'm not telling people what they should by or why I'm right and you're not. Just asking peoples opinion that are interested in the system. Grow the hell up, kid.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

I don't really care about console specs. I usually buy them all as and when they have enough games I want to play. Right now only the Xbox One provides the games for my tastes with Wii U in the not too distant future. PS4 has nothing for me as of yet.

I've always had a top end PC though so that kind of makes console specs irrelevant to me. I can see why it could be a concern to others though.

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 KellyKelly
Member since 2013 • 386 Posts

Quantum Drive? LOL TC doesn't even know the name of X1 games

Esfan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Esfan13
Member since 2013 • 67 Posts

The 720 resolution rumors are lies coming from Sony fans. Ignore them. COD, BF4 and all the other multiplats will look and play better on the XBox One with the same or higher resolution and frame rate. Titanfall is not 720 either on the XBox One.

The Sony fans are starting to realize from the games already shown that the XBox One is more powerful than the PS4. Sony overpromised and underdelivered again.

The XBox One games are showing upgrades from their reveal and the PS4 games are showing downgrades and being delayed. (Unless you consider adding a lot of bloom and fog to hide downgraded graphics and pop-ins an upgrade).

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Heil68  Online
Member since 2004 • 60680 Posts

@Esfan13 said:

The 720 resolution rumors are lies coming from Sony fans. Ignore them. COD, BF4 and all the other multiplats will look and play better on the XBox One with the same or higher resolution and frame rate. Titanfall is not 720 either on the XBox One.

The Sony fans are starting to realize from the games already shown that the XBox One is more powerful than the PS4. Sony overpromised and underdelivered again.

The XBox One games are showing upgrades from their reveal and the PS4 games are showing downgrades and being delayed. (Unless you consider adding a lot of bloom and fog to hide downgraded graphics and pop-ins an upgrade).

http://opa-ages.com/forums/topic/71218-bf4-runs-at-higher-resolution-in-ps4-than-x1-ea-confirmed/

EA CONFIRMED. lololo

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

don't give a damn about resolution, i care about if if it plays great and great gameplay

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

A charity should be set up for people stupid enough to buy an xbone in the first place. These people are deluded and clearly need help.

Brand loyalty is one thing, but buying a clearly inferior product that is less powerful, more expensive, built in direct advertising spy cam, draconian DRM and a shoddy game lineup clearly have issues with logical reasoning.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shawn30

@kellykelly said:

Quantum Drive? LOL TC doesn't even know the name of X1 games

Lol, my bad :)

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chutebox

@shawn30: Don't get mad at people telling you like it is. It's just a system. Calling me kid does nothing for you.

Enjoy your support group that wasn't needed

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chutebox

@k2theswiss: That's the case for most here. It's just sw fodder

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Well the way I look at it, its either go for resolution but put up with the dualshock/psnlol

or

Go for the 720p version (if true) and actually play with a great controller on a great online service.

The choice is easy really. Im not even getting Ghosts anyway, and there isn't an option to buy Titanfall on PS4 (yet)

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shawn30

@tenaka2 said:

A charity should be set up for people stupid enough to buy an xbone in the first place. These people are deluded and clearly need help.

Brand loyalty is one thing, but buying a clearly inferior product that is less powerful, more expensive, built in direct advertising spy cam, draconian DRM and a shoddy game lineup clearly have issues with logical reasoning.

So many lies, opinions and and stupidity there its amazing. System has capabilities PS4 doesn't that I'm interested in, You control Kinect, and drm is gone. Keep trolling though if it makes you feel better. Logical reasoning involves being able to listen, relate, compare, and accept facts. Something its clear you are incapable of if you think someone liking a system you don't is wrong. Are you 12?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#28 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@shawn30 said:

Not at all. I am 41, been at this since the 1970's and if a game is fun, I don't care about 720p, 1080p, hell I'll play it in standard definition.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shawn30

@Chutebox said:

@shawn30: Don't get mad at people telling you like it is. It's just a system. Calling me kid does nothing for you.

Only kids post about things they don't want while insulting people who feel different. Its a sign of immaturity, really. Your posts reek of it.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By tenaka2

@shawn30 said:

@tenaka2 said:

So many lies, opinions and and stupidity there its amazing. System has capabilities PS4 doesn't that I'm interested in, You control Kinect, and drm is gone. Keep trolling though if it makes you feel better. Logical reasoning involves being able to listen, relate, compare, and accept facts. Something its clear you are incapable of if you think someone liking a system you don't is wrong. Are you 12?

You can't deny that the xbone is less powerful and more expensive then the PS4, this is not opinion its factual.

Can you deny the stories that link the kinect camera with direct advertising? Don't think so.

MS may have done a u-turn on their DRM stance for now, but its what they were and will continue to aim for.

But thank you for displaying the kind of mindless brand loyalty I was talking about, people like you would buy the next xbox regardless of how awful it was (and is).

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Chutebox

Point out the insult, I'll wait. Meanwhile, you re the one trying to insult me. Hmmm

And who said I'm not interested? I've said countless times I'm getting a X1 later.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

Already have mine preordered. Also got a PS4 but to flip on Ebay to help pay for the Xbox.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

I'm not worried at all. Xbox Live is my main purpose for choosing Xbox One and the superior exclusive games. Dedicated Servers for every X1 game is a game changer. The Network will be blazing fast powered by MS Azure servers.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By shawn30

@tenaka2 said:

@shawn30 said:

@tenaka2 said:

You can't deny that the xbone is less powerful and more expensive then the PS4, this is not opinion its factual.

Can you deny the stories that link the kinect camera with direct advertising? Don't think so.

MS may have done a u-turn on their DRM stance for now, but its what they were and will continue to aim for.

But thank you for displaying the kind of mindless brand loyalty I was talking about, people like you would buy the next xbox regardless of how awful it was (and is).

Yep, its 100 bucks more, known that since May, thanks.

Stories, rumors and paranoia over Kinect are no different than your cell phone that's tracks your every step, your laptop/pc/tablet that tracks your online goings and comings, as well as Facebook and Google. You are being watched if you are online in some way. So all any company can do if it sells a digital product is give you control over it. You have options with Kinect. I can read those options. If you want to have a conspiracy theory thats on you.

DRM is gone, let it go. Its like MS stole a girlfriend from some people. I am not worried about it returning in that form any more than I am my cell phone will now suddenly decide it will record all my calls whether I want it to or not and archive them. You have to read and educate yourself on the facts if you want a system. I have. I have a wife and kids and care just as much about privacy and security as the next person. But I'm also educated as well.

Hardly mindless brand loyalty as I owned PS 2 and never considered the original Xbox. I buy what I like, period, end of story. You make far to many assumptions, but that's how it goes for fanboys I guess.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By shawn30

@Chutebox said:

Point out the insult, I'll wait. Meanwhile, you re the one trying to insult me. Hmmm

And who said I'm not interested? I've said countless times I'm getting a X1 later.

When you call someone a shill and that they tried to create a gaming support group cause I guess all us Xbox One fans are weeping at our laptops, lol, thats a bit insulting. But oh well :)

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@Esfan13 said:

http://opa-ages.com/forums/topic/71218-bf4-runs-at-higher-resolution-in-ps4-than-x1-ea-confirmed/

EA CONFIRMED. lololo

LMAO owned.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tenaka2

@shawn30 said:

@tenaka2 said:

@shawn30 said:

@tenaka2 said:

Yep, its 100 bucks more, known that since May, thanks.

Stories, rumors and paranoia over Kinect are no different than your cell phone that's tracks your every step, your laptop/pc/tablet that tracks your online goings and comings, as well as Facebook and Google. You are being watched if you are online in some way. So all any company can do if it sells a digital product is give you control over it. You have options with Kinect. I can read those options. If you want to have a conspiracy theory thats on you.

DRM is gone, let it go. Its like MS stole a girlfriend from some people. I am not worried about it returning in that form any more than I am my cell phone will now suddenly decide it will record all my calls whether I want it to or not and archive them. You have to read and educate yourself on the facts if you want a system. I have. I have a wife and kids and care just as much about privacy and security as the next person. But I'm also educated as well.

Hardly mindless brand loyalty as I owned PS 2 and never considered the original Xbox. I buy what I like, period, end of story. You make far to many assumptions, but that's how it goes for fanboys I guess.

You are making progress by admitting it is more expensive, now you just have to come to terms with it being less powerful then the PS4.

Admitting both these facts will set you on the road to recovery, you are already halfway there.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

The funny thing about lems saying "Oh yeaah I just buy for the games, screw resolution", is that these SAME twats were getting 360 over PS3 for minimal differences in initial multiplats.

The irony

720P VS 1080P makes you look like an idiot for paying more money for the inferior version.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

It matters but it just means I will be buying multiplat games on PC and PS4. Other than Forza the console is a laughing stock right now. Not as bad as the Wii U though.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Chutebox

@shawn30: If you think that's insulting, I got nothing. ..

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I don't buy consoles for graphics

Performance is a bigger issue to me, and obviously the games themselves being different from what I've already got access to on my PC.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@shawn30:

It would simply make me buy those games on PC instead.

I don't buy consoles for 'powerful graphics'. I buy consoles for the exclusives. I could be compelled to play a game on a console if it offered something compelling beyond what the PC offers - despite the superior graphics. For instance, dedicated servers, a friend that wanted to play with me, cool impulse trigger implementation etc..

sebbi11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sebbi11
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

I can live with lower resolution on some multiplats, the big deal for me would be if PSN cathes up to LIVE, if so i`m jumping ship (on multiplats). I`m not even close to canceling my preorder, Dead Rising, Ryse, Titanfall, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5 etc etc... too many good games coming and thats what i want, games. I`m into tech stuff, TV, cameras, hi-fi etc... I remember the HD-TV craze, i got blinded by the FULL-HD sticker and ended up with a shitty LCD that i later changed for a vastly superior 720 Panasonic plasma. Since then i`m not buying tech based on numbers.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 shawn30

@Douevenlift_bro said:

The funny thing about lems saying "Oh yeaah I just buy for the games, screw resolution", is that these SAME twats were getting 360 over PS3 for minimal differences in initial multiplats.

The irony

720P VS 1080P makes you look like an idiot for paying more money for the inferior version.

If all the One offered was gaming, I'd likely agree with you. But that's not the case here, coupled with in my opinion is a far superior gaming line-up. Again, its opinion. I've seen Ryse, Forza, Dead Rising 3, ect. played them in person. One is 1080p, one is 900, one is 720. Going forward I expect that sort of split as well. No issues for me. I just don't want a PS4, shrugs. I'm sorry if that hurts your little feelings, lol

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shawn30

@Chutebox said:

@shawn30: If you think that's insulting, I got nothing. ..

Its not surprising at all, lol

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts

I was never planning on getting COD anyway, but it's better to not take rumors seriously until they are are confirmed.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@Chutebox said:

Only kids post about things they don't want while insulting people who feel different. Its a sign of immaturity, really. Your posts reek of it.

You're the one in a gaming forum DCing for a General Entertainment device masquerading under a game console brand-name. Please, continue pointing fingers. I like this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e66f5999640
deactivated-63e66f5999640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-63e66f5999640
Member since 2005 • 495 Posts

Why are rumors from internet forums being taken as fact? I see no legit sources to any of these rumors.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@tenaka2 said:

@shawn30 said:

@tenaka2 said:

LOL @ moaning about direct/targeted advertising. Your going to get advertising on both consoles so to me having targeted advertising offering me products that might interest me is the lesser of two evils compared to blanket advertising offering me products and services I have no interest in.

The same people moaning about the X1 advertising strategy are the same people who have spent the last 10+ years sitting through 3 minute television commercial breaks and hour without batting an eyelid.

Advertising isnt new and it isnt going anywhere, grow up kids and realise people wanna sell you shit, at least MS wanna sell you shit you might want based on your gaming/viewing habits.