For PC/PS4/Switch owners but don't have Xbone, will you buy Xbox One SAD edition?

Posted by sakaiXx (5468 posts) 1 month, 9 days ago

Poll: For PC/PS4/Switch owners but don't have Xbone, will you buy Xbox One SAD edition? (66 votes)

Yes 15%
No 85%

A simple poll for non Xbone owners, are you excited for the SAD edition and will you be picking this one up? its still Xbox one but now its SAD.

Advantages;

• All Digital no Physical
  • Backwards Compatible Games
  • Able to Play Current Gen Games
  • Has *Exclusive Games

Disadvantage;

• It is an Xbox
  • Power is comparable to "S" model
  • "S" model able to multitask as a UHD 4K player

*Only if you don't count PC as competitor/ Cuphead is not 1st party game

#1 Posted by Calvincfb (1196 posts) -

Uh... No.

#2 Posted by Vaidream45 (1874 posts) -

At the current price point I can’t imagine why anyone would buy this over an Xbone S.

#3 Posted by jeezers (2812 posts) -

Hell no, but I do think I'll get an xbox next gen before the ps5

#4 Posted by VFighter (4884 posts) -

All digital lol, I wouldn't buy it if it was $10.

#5 Posted by freedom01 (3381 posts) -

"All Digital, no physical"

That's an automatic no from me

#6 Posted by DaVillain- (36429 posts) -

To be honest, if anyone wants to make their console an all digital only, why not just do it on Xbox One S/X despite the disc drive is on it? I turn my launch PS4 into an all digital console, the same can be done for current Xbox One consoles. This SAD edition is a huge waste, even by MS standards. All that resource wasted and should have been used for Xbox Scarlet.

As for the question, hell fucking no!

#7 Posted by sakaiXx (5468 posts) -

@davillain-: But you can be the proud owner of the SAD edition! think about it, even the console is sad it is an Xbox. Makes a very good conversation piece.

#8 Posted by robert_sparkes (3012 posts) -

I'd just get an S 4k player able to play old 360 games. There's no redeeming factors for the Sad edition.

#9 Posted by xantufrog (11333 posts) -

Why would I do that?

#10 Posted by SecretPolice (35235 posts) -

I'm buying a bakers dozen just because the acronym "SADE" is so freaking awesome. :P

#11 Posted by ni6htmare01 (3780 posts) -

Hell NO. Better off buy a freaking S. Is cheaper and more option with the drive.

#12 Posted by Calvincfb (1196 posts) -

@SecretPolice: you can't speak sade without SAD.

#13 Posted by SecretPolice (35235 posts) -

@calvincfb:

You can't say PS without saying Bore. :P

#14 Posted by tdkmillsy (3081 posts) -

I'd buy the next version of Xbox in the SAD version. I have 1 physical game and 40+ digital ones.

No brainer really.

#15 Posted by Fedor (4877 posts) -

No need for an Xbox.

#16 Posted by DaVillain- (36429 posts) -
@SecretPolice said:

I'm buying a bakers dozen just because the acronym "SADE" is so freaking awesome. :P

Save that money and pre-order Xbox Scarlet :)

#17 Edited by Litchie (23852 posts) -

No. I welcome anyone to give me one legit reason why a PC gamer should own an Xbox.

#18 Posted by SecretPolice (35235 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@SecretPolice said:

Save that money and pre-order Xbox Scarlet :)

But I want a SADE...Everyone wants a SADE... baby!!! lololol

Anyhooie, I'll no doubt be buying the strongest Xbox offered, I guess it's code name is Anaconda. E3 gonna be exciting. :D

#19 Posted by Chutebox (44567 posts) -

No lol

#20 Posted by Howmakewood (5859 posts) -

heh, no

#21 Posted by Steppy_76 (2695 posts) -

@Litchie said:

No. I welcome anyone to give me one legit reason why a PC gamer should own an Xbox.

Kids?, option to play if PC is in use? Make use of 4k tv? Other than that there isn't much reason. MS doesn't care where you play your games pc/console, software is where the money is and always will be.

#22 Posted by lebanese_boy (15052 posts) -

Not interested, I have my fill with PC/Switch

#23 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2362 posts) -

Negative. Digital only is a major inconvenience. My game collection is like 90% physical except on my PS Vita. I don't support this and will continue to hold something tangible in my hand when I purchase a game foh

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
#24 Posted by YammiReckorrdSan (614 posts) -

I didn't even want the regular Xbone, so now one with no physical games? pass.

The Xbone has barely any games that interest me that are not on PS4. The only game I can think of that somehow interest me is Super Lucky Tale, as PS4 has barely casual platfomer games.

#25 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6732 posts) -

Why?

#26 Edited by xHedon (188 posts) -

I don't need the S.A.D.E edition, as I have an Xbox One X.

#27 Posted by pyro1245 (4989 posts) -

That's a resounding 'No' according to the poll.

It's almost like that product isn't marketed towards people who frequent gaming forums.

#28 Posted by mojito1988 (3597 posts) -

Microsoft this generation is not even trying.

#29 Edited by speedytimsi (953 posts) -

I mean if I was to buy an Xbox One, I would buy one with a disc drive that can play UHD movies at a cheaper price right?

#30 Posted by Sam3231 (2566 posts) -

@Litchie: I mean technically if all you play is unmodded steam games with a controller, you may have a compelling reason to buy xbox versus a pc or HTPC.

#31 Posted by pdogg93 (1564 posts) -

No reason to buy a bone without any system sellers. Next gen will be even worse for MS lol

#32 Posted by Litchie (23852 posts) -

@Sam3231: What would that reason be?

#33 Posted by briguyb13 (3046 posts) -

I'm interested in this version, but $250 is $50 too much imo, and not being able to play my physical 360 and xbox games are keeping me from buying one atm.

#34 Posted by Sam3231 (2566 posts) -

@Litchie: It's cheap, has a lot of games/apps, and has a good ui for use with a controller.

#35 Edited by pelvist (7382 posts) -

I will never, ever want to buy an XBOX One, no matter what edition it is.

#36 Posted by Archangel3371 (27892 posts) -

I prefer getting my games on physical formats myself so this all digital Xbox One doesn’t interest me at all regardless of what ever they price it.

#37 Posted by Zero_epyon (13199 posts) -

Already have an Xbox. And it’s primally because of the UHD playing disc drive.

#38 Posted by xhawk27 (11271 posts) -

I already have one but if i didn't and this fall it's down to $150 or less yeah for sure.

#39 Posted by Subspecies (483 posts) -

Disadvantage;

• It is an Xbox

Lol.

#40 Edited by Metallic_Blade (522 posts) -

An absolute hello no. Why would I want another PC-like gaming system which you have no control over the games you supposedly 'buy'. It's bad enough in PC.

#41 Posted by Litchie (23852 posts) -

@Sam3231: Lots of games? Not if you compare to PC, which we are. It's cheap? Yeah, the system is, but the games are cheaper on PC. Good ui? Um, what? Xbox ui is fucking terrible. Ads everywhere, hard to find shit, cluttered. I hate it, Steam ui shits all over it.

#42 Edited by BassMan (10167 posts) -

Why would I buy any Xbox when I can now play MS games on the superior PC platform? Silly bugger.

#43 Posted by Sam3231 (2566 posts) -

@Litchie: Steam is loaded with pure dog shit for games, Steam sales are comparable to Xbox store sales in many cases, the main page of steam is basically a giant advertisement, and big picture mode sucks the big one.

#44 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8588 posts) -

No.

#45 Posted by sakaiXx (5468 posts) -

@Sam3231 said:

@Litchie: Steam is loaded with pure dog shit for games, Steam sales are comparable to Xbox store sales in many cases, the main page of steam is basically a giant advertisement, and big picture mode sucks the big one.

I agree on Steam being a giant advertisement, but it is a store like the xbox store.

but dang Steam sometimes advertise some pretty crap games and those top f2p, have they no shame at all.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
#46 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5994 posts) -

Hell no. I am not for all digital. I am ok with digital option, but as we have seen, digital games, or games as a service have an end date. I can still play old NES, SNES, PS1, Genesis, PS2, PS3, OG Xbox games etc... Not so much with x games as a service game that has it's servers shut down because it saves the company $2 on their fiscal reports.

Also, it's Xbox. As a PC/PS4/Switch/3ds/Vita/multi-retro console owner, Xbox has offered nothing for me that I can't get on one of my existing platforms. I am not a Halo fan. I have alternatives to Forza. So what am I missing out on?