For all Dead Space 3 complainers....watch this

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]How many copies did the great Amnesia sell?Badosh
Over one million

which is awesome for such a low budget game

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#52 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

DS3 is the franchise's version of RE6.

HaloPimp978

Hell no, not at all. People act like this is so different from DS1 and maybe even two despite them all playing the same. Cool there's optional co-op, which is um you know...optional! People with guns? Don't see the big deal. Still plenty of necromorphs. I never understood how someone consider the first game to be survival horror. You need to play REmake or Silent Hill if you even think of Dead Space as survival horror. Or hell even Amnesia if you want to talk about recent games. Dead Space is not a shining example of survival horror games this gen unless you consider jump scares to be horror. It's as much as a survival horror game are RE4 was...which really wasn't. Dead Space is just a third person shooter with a dark atmosphere.

Beside RE6 was horrendous. Easily one of the worst games that came out of this(or last since Wii-U is out) gen, not including shovelware crap. I'd be surprised if anything else comes out from a named franchise and be as awful as that

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts
I'll play it at some point, when its real cheap.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Looks like the Alien 3 to Dead Space's Alien and Dead Space 2's Aliens.

Take that as you will.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#55 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

First four minutes was nothing but action packed cutscenes, QTEs, and on-rails setpieces. What was supposed to change my mind exactly?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#56 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

[QUOTE="Jynxzor"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] That game is more than a decade old. The market has changed.DarkLink77

I guess your right, It's not like a Niche horror game could sell over a million units this day and age right?

You act like a AAA title can make a profit off of a million units in sales. You know that's not the case.

yet this Indie Developer made a game that is leagues better than what that AAA Developer could ever make.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"]

I guess your right, It's not like a Niche horror game could sell over a million units this day and age right?

LegatoSkyheart

You act like a AAA title can make a profit off of a million units in sales. You know that's not the case.

yet this Indie Developer made a game that is leagues better than what that AAA Developer could ever make.

I'm sure there's an AAA dev out there would could make a better horror game than Amnesia.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Master_ShakeXXX

Take that as you will.

DarkLink77

Replace Alien 3 with Alien Resurrection and I would agree.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Take that as you will.

Master_ShakeXXX

Maybe. I meant in terms of quality. Alien 3 has some good things going for it. I will never forgive Joss Whedon for Alien: Resurrection's script.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Take that as you will.

DarkLink77

Maybe. I meant in terms of quality. Alien 3 has some good things going for it. I will never forgive Joss Whedon for Alien: Resurrection's script.

Ha, I didn't know Whedon had a hand in that mess. I wonder what happened. He's usually a great writer.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

Ha, I didn't know Whedon had a hand in that mess. I wonder what happened. He's usually a great writer.

He claims they "did it wrong." Which is crap. That movie is bullsh!t and it reeks of his style of writing.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Maybe. I meant in terms of quality. Alien 3 has some good things going for it. I will never forgive Joss Whedon for Alien: Resurrection's script. DarkLink77

He claims they "did it wrong." Which is crap. That movie is bullsh!t and it reeks of his style of writing.

Yeah, his style doesn't mesh well at all with the Alien universe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Take that as you will.

DarkLink77

they all suck after aliens anyway

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

seanmcloughlin

With the Director's Cut, Alien 3 is actually a decent film, if you can get past the fact that the whole premise makes no f*cking sense.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#65 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

That video definitely made me more interested in this game. Loved Dead Space, Really liked DS2 up until the last 1/5 of the game, which ruined the game IMO. So I wasn't holding out a lot of hope for this game. Now I will at least rent it and check it out. If it's good I'll buy it after the inevitable price drop.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Maybe. I meant in terms of quality. Alien 3 has some good things going for it. I will never forgive Joss Whedon for Alien: Resurrection's script. DarkLink77

With the Director's Cut, Alien 3 is actually a decent film, if you can get past the fact that the whole premise makes no f*cking sense.

Eh, it's still bad in my eyes. The Alien itself too is rather crap.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

Dead Space 3 is for action shooter fans add that statement came directly from EA's mouth.

StrongBlackVine

Every Dead Space game has been listed as action-shooter. Including the first one.

Plus horror fans don't buy games any way so why would any one cater solely to them? What did Silent Hill Downpour sell? 200K copies? How many copies did the great Amnesia sell?

Amnesia sold between 1.2 and 1.5M copies according to the devs,wich for a game with barely any marketing aside from word of mouth is amazing,and they way it´s gotten big the direct sequel willl most likely end up selling more than that.
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

Dead Space 3 is for action shooter fans add that statement came directly from EA's mouth.

MrYaotubo

Every Dead Space game has been listed as action-shooter. Including the first one.

Plus horror fans don't buy games any way so why would any one cater solely to them? What did Silent Hill Downpour sell? 200K copies? How many copies did the great Amnesia sell?

Amnesia sold between 1.2 and 1.5M copies according to the devs,wich for a game with barely any marketing aside from word of mouth is amazing,and they way it´s gotten big the direct sequel willl most likely end up selling more than that.

Dead Space 1 sold 2 million with little to no hype.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

StrongBlackVine

Yeah,aside from having a marketing campaign of an AAA title with the backing of EA,I even clearly remember of TV adds for that game,it´s not even close to what Amnesia acomplished.
Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

StrongBlackVine

No hype? Yeah right,the marketing of that game was all over the place in 2008,don´t even try to compare that to Amnesia wich had no marketing campaign at all aside from youtube trailers and community word of mouth.

And let´s not forget that one is a multiplatform title(PC/360/PS3) and the other is exclusive(PC),so sales wise that makes it even more impressive for Amnesia.

1-UPking82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 1-UPking82
Member since 2013 • 102 Posts
You shouldn't worry about defending anything, all that matters is that you like it. I thought Dead Space 3 demo is actually pretty fun, certainly much better than people on here make it out to be. But that's the internet for you, people just love to hyperbole.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I'm still gonna buy it. I'm kinda dissapointed they didn't include the competitive multiplayer after having coop. I'm going to play the game solo because that's how I think it should be played as a horror game. But the competitive mp was not bad. I wish it was there as a multiplayer portion.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
[QUOTE="Jynxzor"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] That game is more than a decade old. The market has changed.DarkLink77

You also know that a name like Resident Evil draws well over a million in sales by name alone...RE6 terrible as it is still moves copies on name alone. A good Resident Evil game could sell multi-millions with ease. It's not my fault they decide to pump the damn things with bloated expensive CGI and Set-pieces.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#74 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Dead Space 1 was amazing, the second was just ok.. the third brings co-op which I have no interest and micro transactions which I definitely have no interest in.
jman1553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 jman1553
Member since 2009 • 1332 Posts

Such a beautiful ending. 10/10. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTOdc8lc0k0

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 StrongBlackVine

Dead Space 1 was amazing, the second was just ok.. the third brings co-op which I have no interest and micro transactions which I definitely have no interest in.Rattlesnake_8

Co-op that is totally optional and how are microtransactions to buy parts to get parts faster any worse than buying DLC weapon packs to get weapons that are unattainable otherwise?

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 StrongBlackVine

Such a beautiful ending. 10/10. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTOdc8lc0k0

jman1553

Didn't click or watch.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
Dead Space 1 was amazing, the second was just ok.. the third brings co-op which I have no interest and micro transactions which I definitely have no interest in.Rattlesnake_8
luckily for you, both are completely optional.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#79 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

this game is gunna be no more than a action shooter.

svenus97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80 svenus97
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts
[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] You act like a AAA title can make a profit off of a million units in sales. You know that's not the case.DarkLink77

I'm sure there's an AAA dev out there would could make a better horror game than Amnesia.

Here's an insight into why there haven't been good AAA horror games recently.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 StrongBlackVine

this game is gunna be no more than a action shooter.

sukraj

Your ignorance is noted. And I don't care what genre it is as long as it is FUN to play. I don't need to be scared, but that's fine too.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"]

Jynxzor

You also know that a name like Resident Evil draws well over a million in sales by name alone...RE6 terrible as it is still moves copies on name alone. A good Resident Evil game could sell multi-millions with ease. It's not my fault they decide to pump the damn things with bloated expensive CGI and Set-pieces.

Yeah, but if I'm Capcom, why would I appeal to an audience that barely exists anymore? I'd just make more games like RE4. You know, the best RE game, which incidentally, sold the most.
NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

Dead Space 3 looks better than 2, but the first is my favourite. I played the demo for 3 and it was pretty fun but I wish I could've played it on a harder difficulty. But I'll be bumping up that difficulty for more hardship to compensate for the lack of atmosphere in this one (it seems, maybe there's some claustraphobic parts of the game).

I'm on the fencing about getting it day 1, but knowing me I probably will just give in.

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="campzor"]yee...a lot of ppl are hating it just because they think EA is screwing it up.... because it has coop...because it has microtransactions..... its pretty much going to be the same dead space they lovedStrongBlackVine

They started slipping with 2. I'm sure there will be some dark creepy environments, but it's pretty obvious there is a tone shift in this one. There's been such a big emphasis on gun wielding enemies, necromorphs that are bullet sponges and more ammo being available that many people just find it a shift in a more action-y direction. I'm sure it will be okay/good, but it's just not for me.

Dead Space 2 is much better than Dead Space 1.

NO! Dead Space is legions ahead of Dead Space 2.