For a game that gets 7.8, it sure did get alot of AAA's

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

twags82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 twags82
Member since 2003 • 4531 Posts
Stop this already.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#52 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
[QUOTE="BuryMe"][QUOTE="Warlock89"][QUOTE="BuryMe"]

sorry. we're the gamespot forums. We only use gamespot scores.

That's how it was when Castlevania Dos, Gta LCS and TP flopped, and that's how it is now

Warlock89
Doesn't that other site share these forums? OH but to the qoute I clicked. Only you use there scores. We use whoever we want. And for me, I use my own.

when we decide which games are A, AA and AAA, we only go by GS scores on system wars. That's how it's always been and how it will always be

OW MY BAD! Like Zelda for Wii right? And Resistance Fall of Man? Oh my bad, your right, everyone uses gamespots scores to judge a game, my bad. (sarcasm)

yes. exactly like zelda and resistance. no matter how many AAA's they got at GR, they are still AA games here
holmesforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 holmesforlife
Member since 2006 • 902 Posts
[QUOTE="TheCrimsonKoopa"]Too bad they don't count? Just enjoy the friggin' game if you like it. It flopped on Gamespot.SystemWarsMan
Flopped because one guy reviewed it 7.8. He is a flop as a reviewer.

Well yeah he is (most of his recent reviews = crap) but it flopped on Gamespot...I personally shall trust the majority of other reviews with what seems like a solid 8.5ish review, but yeah it flopped on GS.
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
[QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="TheCrimsonKoopa"]Too bad they don't count? Just enjoy the friggin' game if you like it. It flopped on Gamespot.holmesforlife
Flopped because one guy reviewed it 7.8. He is a flop as a reviewer.

Well yeah he is (most of his recent reviews = crap) but it flopped on Gamespot...I personally shall trust the majority of other reviews with what seems like a solid 8.5ish review, but yeah it flopped on GS.

You know that, when the official xbox magazine reviews Crackdown and gives it a 7/10 its an automatic flop.
itsallgood29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 itsallgood29
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts
Too bad they don't count? Just enjoy the friggin' game if you like it. It flopped on Gamespot.TheCrimsonKoopa
WOW.....how long did it take to be that brainwashed!
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts
[QUOTE="TheCrimsonKoopa"]Too bad they don't count? Just enjoy the friggin' game if you like it. It flopped on Gamespot.itsallgood29

It's the rules of SW... sorry that's just how it is.
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
[QUOTE="TheCrimsonKoopa"]Too bad they don't count? Just enjoy the friggin' game if you like it. It flopped on Gamespot.itsallgood29

Dude follow the damn rules.
Laserwolf65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Laserwolf65
Member since 2003 • 6701 Posts
it wouldn't be the first time
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
[QUOTE="vistamanV5"]I love Crackdown dude awesome game im buyin it, but it flopped sorry dude.SystemWarsMan
not on the new official scoring system. www.gamerankings.com

Funny thing is next month when Motorstorm gets 8.6 here and 9s everywhere else you'll be on the GS only bandwagon.... unless I mistake you for someone who's not a hypocritical moron.
itsallgood29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 itsallgood29
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts
[QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"]Teamxbox, 1up, OXM uk, Gamepro, Eurogamer and more to come. TNT_Slug
None of those have half the credibility of GS, and it doesn't even have that much to start with. We still have to go by the local scores since it's the GS forum...

More credibility.....we are talking about video games man! Credibility LOL!
Kiuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Kiuk
Member since 2004 • 2250 Posts
LMFAO lemmings and their damage control
Stig-FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Stig-FTW
Member since 2006 • 974 Posts
It flopped. Get over it, I'm a lemming and I admit it. Take the shot and go on. Luckily, I never gave an eff about it, but every other Lemming did, so it is what it is.
RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 RAZZY_B
Member since 2005 • 1709 Posts

I love Crackdown dude awesome game im buyin it, but it flopped sorry dude.vistamanV5

props for saying the truth. None the less a great and FUN game.

sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#64 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts
TC, why are you doing this? You only make the lemmings look bad.

Crackdown flopped here, because it scored 7.8 here, which was below the AA hype. When the game is hyped for a certain score, it is hyped with the expectation that it will receive that score at this site. Not Gamerankings.

If it's a good game, it won't matter that much that it flops, and if it's a bad game, then it deserves it. Stop getting worked up about nothing.
Warlock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 Warlock89
Member since 2005 • 2200 Posts
[QUOTE="Warlock89"][QUOTE="BuryMe"][QUOTE="Warlock89"][QUOTE="BuryMe"]

sorry. we're the gamespot forums. We only use gamespot scores.

That's how it was when Castlevania Dos, Gta LCS and TP flopped, and that's how it is now

BuryMe
Doesn't that other site share these forums? OH but to the qoute I clicked. Only you use there scores. We use whoever we want. And for me, I use my own.

when we decide which games are A, AA and AAA, we only go by GS scores on system wars. That's how it's always been and how it will always be

OW MY BAD! Like Zelda for Wii right? And Resistance Fall of Man? Oh my bad, your right, everyone uses gamespots scores to judge a game, my bad. (sarcasm)

yes. exactly like zelda and resistance. no matter how many AAA's they got at GR, they are still AA games here

No crap they are still AA games here, but thats not what we are debating about. We are debating over if a game gets AA, A, or even a AAA here, it is a AAA in general as a video game everywhere. I say thats not true, we average out how many AAA's, AA's and A's it got from where we can, and then decide, but most of all! We decide if its good, by playing it ourselves. If you seriously think that everyone should go by gamespots review scores, go away and start your own religon on it or something. Stick to the arguement and stop stating the obvious, or agree you have been beaten by Warlock89, or simply never reply.
primetime2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 primetime2121
Member since 2004 • 3953 Posts
[QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"]Teamxbox, 1up, OXM uk, Gamepro, Eurogamer and more to come. mofaxfosho
Hah.

your a fool...OXM doesnt rate 360 games easy...OXM USA gave Crackdown a 7
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
Oh, I'm definitely buying it still. Loved the demo. Chromehounds was one of my favorites of 2006...and it scored similarly. I'm sure I'll have a ball. but a flop is a flop! FLOP-POP.
slystallion26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 slystallion26
Member since 2005 • 819 Posts
Oh now gamerankings is legit huh?
primetime2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 primetime2121
Member since 2004 • 3953 Posts
[QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"][QUOTE="tegovoltio"][QUOTE="reservoir_doggy"]all the reviews except gamespot gave it an 8-9. Omg thats what it was hyped. Go on gamerankings sheeztegovoltio

OXM; a 7 and a bunch of low AAs, it doesn't make it that surprising. now GS doesn't matter righ?

Thats one, it also has 5 AAA reviews.

I only see 4 AAA and now GR is the way to go? Well I wonder why it hasn't been valid for some other games.....it should be now because?

1up, Teamxbox, Eurogamer, OXM UK, gamepro
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts
I don't understand why so many people are in love with this game. It's not anywhere near as good as quite a lot of other titles.
Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
I don't understand why so many people are in love with this game. It's not anywhere near as good as quite a lot of other titles.BumFluff122
Because it's, for lack of a better word, charming. Yeah, games with better graphics exist. Yeah, longer games exist. Yeah, games with more area to cover exist... but Crackdown has a certain something that makes it very, very fun. Maybe it's the vertical approach. Maybe it's the little details on the posters, the building names and the authenticity of the gangs (latin gangs hearing latin hip-hop and using true latin american slang, for example). It's the city's sounds, getting close to a nightclub's windows and hearing the music. It's the perfect mix of a restricted, well structured environment that still lets you go to places you really shouldn't -yet.

It's a combination of a lot of things. I've had some time with the final release version of the game, and it's a game well worth owning, even if it's short (and it definitely is, I took out most of the Muertos gang in under 2 hours!).

I'm not too much into the 7.8 score (think it deserves above 8 at least), but I can see why Jeff would choose that number. It's a matter of how much does the world attract you, and if you're not into it, it's hard to truly enjoy what Crackdown has to offer.
general_KDI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 general_KDI
Member since 2003 • 1068 Posts
what you think it deserves doesn't counts. Here, ti's gamespot and only Gamespot. 
Magical_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Magical_Guy
Member since 2003 • 1673 Posts

Hype Thread

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25329230

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
what you think it deserves doesn't counts. Here, ti's gamespot and only Gamespot. general_KDI
Then why is there even a forum here? Under this line of reasoning, the forum is useless. And if perchance you're referring to me, I have to invite you to once again read the last paragraph of my post, where I don't in any moment say it's a bad or unfair score... just that personally I would have rated it higher.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
I don't understand why so many people are in love with this game. It's not anywhere near as good as quite a lot of other titles.BumFluff122
because we had fun with it? do you have a problem with people having different tastes than you? Gamespot only like it 7.8-style. TeamXbox says it's 9-caliber. they both grade hard. it's about what YOU enjoy. lots of people bought Oblivion last year and were mad as hell because they didn't like the style of the game. just because a game scores AAA doesn't mean it's a guaranteed, universal hit. play games, you know?