Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#51 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

Wasn't Grabbed by the Ghoulies on the Rare release last year? Either way it was fun.

It was on Rare Replay. But it makes sense, considering all the 360 games on that collection were BC as well if you played them standalone.

Dook-E-Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 Dook-E-Fresh
Member since 2017 • 66 Posts

Looking forward to Crimson Skies and Red Faction 2.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

KOTOR! If they get that and Morrowind I will be getting a Xbox damn it.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

Nice list,

BC for OG xbox is pretty much the only thing MS can offer at this point that would make me buy an xbox one X.

Need more of those original Japanese titles, Morrowind Elder Scrolls III, Blinx the Time Sweeper and some of their original fighters and NFL Fever.

:( guess the only thing I don't like is the fact that MS told us they were going to have 100% BC with OG xbox but it appears they are taking the same "select-a-game we think they want" approach that Sony has implemented.

That sucks because it means most of the games I'd be likely to buy the system for wont show up.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@lexxluger said:

Nice list,

BC for OG xbox is pretty much the only thing MS can offer at this point that would make me buy an xbox one X.

Need more of those original Japanese titles, Morrowind Elder Scrolls III, Blinx the Time Sweeper and some of their original fighters and NFL Fever.

:( guess the only thing I don't like is the fact that MS told us they were going to have 100% BC with OG xbox but it appears they are taking the same "select-a-game we think they want" approach that Sony has implemented.

That sucks because it means most of the games I'd be likely to buy the system for wont show up.

i don't ever recall them saying 100%

And that's fine, as an opener list this is freaking great so far, and more games will be added.

This doesn't make or break the console for me like it does for you, apparently the only reason to buy an X1X for you is for BC, then maybe save the money.

I'm looking forward to playing multiplats like RDR2 in 4k.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

WTF? MS chose Fusion Frenzy over Kung Fu Chaos!!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44050 Posts

Thank you based MS, for the gamerzzz, Jazzz. :P

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Any word on achievements for OG games? I'd love to replay KotOR again at some point, but I'm wondering if there would be a reason to play it on Xbox over steam with improvement mods?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#59 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

i'd play ninja gaiden, prince of persia and knights of the old republic.

yes give us NGB

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@spike6958 said:

Any word on achievements for OG games? I'd love to replay KotOR again at some point, but I'm wondering if there would be a reason to play it on Xbox over steam with improvement mods?

I read somewhere that they won't have achievements as the originals didn't.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@metalboi said:

Needs moar Panzer Dragoon Orta and Jade Empire.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#62  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Wow confirmed by IGN, starts tomorrow, games will get enhanced to 1080p, faster loading and some games improved framerates awesome !

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2017/10/23/first-13-original-xbox-games-announced-for-xbox-one-compatibility

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@dorog1995: It was called Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

There are some good games in that list. Surprised Halo 1 wasn't on there.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Alucard_Prime

Quoted from IGN:

"I also got to play a bit of Star Wars: KOTOR, Ninja Gaiden Black, and Fuzion Frenzy. All three looked clearer and crisper than ever thanks to no longer being restricted to 480p (or for many at the time, 480i) resolution. Most still run in their original 4:3 aspect ratios, though Ninja Gaiden Black natively supports 16:9 widescreen so it looks particularly modern."

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Awesome. So can’t wait to pop Ninja Gaiden Black into my Xbox One and try it out.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

What MS is doing is way than your traditional BC which doesn’t offer any enhancements. They are going above and beyond offering their consumers gems. Sony could unlock BC for the PS4 today but it would be crap compared to Xbox form of BC which enhances games. What makes it sweeter is that I can almost guarantee that these Xbox BC games will be offered free thru GwG at some time. A gem is a gem.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

Crimson Skies is awesome.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

This is awesome... great fan service MS!

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
Loading Video...

Obviously there's only so much that can be done

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Alucard_Prime

More details from Twitter(Albert P.):

OG Xbox games run at 4X resolution on Xbox One S, and 16X resolution on Xbox One X - that's native, NOT upscaled! https://t.co/P3MIPVfhZc

Ninja Gaiden: Black on OG supports Widescreen (16:9) display. So not only is it 16x resolution, it's also 60fps and fullscreen!

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

give me OG battlefront 1 and 2 and republic commando and Kotor 2 and I am good.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#72 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

@dorog1995 said:

That's Funny That Team Ninja Is too Lazy to even make a HD Remaster of NG Black.

Not a Bad List. I Hope They Add Original Battlefront 2 to annoy EA.

Have you tried Nioh? Not sure laziness is legitimate. Maybe they just spent a few years making a GOTY contender. Just throwing the possibility out there.

@JustPlainLucas said:

You know what I really want? Hulk: Ultimate Destruction! LOVED that game!

I concur.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By lexxluger

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

i don't ever recall them saying 100%

And that's fine, as an opener list this is freaking great so far, and more games will be added.

This doesn't make or break the console for me like it does for you, apparently the only reason to buy an X1X for you is for BC, then maybe save the money.

I'm looking forward to playing multiplats like RDR2 in 4k.

Original xbox has so many fantastic game that you (and many other people) probably never knew existed that absolutely yes it actually would make the xbox one X worth a buy if they had 100% BC.

Here let me drop this here, an old post of mine showing some of my favorite xbox games.

@lexxluger said:
@Vatusus said:

Of course it did. Its Microsoft. Only lems would ever expect a different outcome

The XBox One X is just as much of a fail as the original one was. Until MS understands that GOOD exclusives move consoles...snip

Haha NO!

Don't you dare insult the original xbox or put it in the same sentence as Xbox one (any version)

No matter the Sales the OG xbox was the best Xbox and has the most original xbox exclusives and they were good, it's just that most of the fan base didn't give them a chance or people were simply ignorant as you seem to be about it now.

...And I'm not even using sequels of the same franchises to bloat the list (and there are many). This is all made up of 1 example of multiple original IPs that were only playable on OG xbox at the time and I didn't even list them all.

Just because Xbox one X is doing terrible don't try to lump in a good system like the OG xbox just because it shares the same brand name.

MS was good to great with OG xbox with games, they just gave up too soon because they wanted success too fast. The current xbox leadership and Xbox one issues now are all their own, nothing to do with OG xbox.

Full OG Xbox support for Xbox one X is the reason why I said I might ever consider buing the X...

never compare OG xbox to the likes of Xbox one again.

See ^ that line up of games?

Notice not a single franchise was reused more than once in the list!

So, yes If MS could get the complete roster of original xbox games for you bet your sweet ass it would be worth getting an Xbox One X for and I'd have no regrets.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By lexxluger

@gago-gago said:

What MS is doing is way than your traditional BC which doesn’t offer any enhancements. They are going above and beyond offering their consumers gems. Sony could unlock BC for the PS4 today butit would be crap compared to Xbox form of BC which enhances games. What makes it sweeter is that I can almost guarantee that these Xbox BC games will be offered free thru GwG at some time. A gem is a gem.

Umm, Sony was and is offering the exact same thing with PS2 titles on PS4, MS is literally copying what Sony has already been doing since this gen started so like, what are you talking about dude?

The PS2 titles on PS4 are updated to 60fps, 1080p and faster load and save times. MS is literally copying the SAME type of BC for original xbox as Sony has been providing for PS2 games on PS4.

A comparison for your education and to debunk of the misinformation you were spreading in your post.

Rouge Galaxy on PS4 (PS4's enhanced BC)

Loading Video...

...Star Wars KOTOR on xbox one S/X (XB1 enhanced BC)

Loading Video...

Any questions?

So do you have any more grand statement about things you have absolutely no clue about or is that all for today?

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#75 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Morrowind or bust.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@lexxluger said:
@gago-gago said:

What MS is doing is way than your traditional BC which doesn’t offer any enhancements. They are going above and beyond offering their consumers gems. Sony could unlock BC for the PS4 today butit would be crap compared to Xbox form of BC which enhances games. What makes it sweeter is that I can almost guarantee that these Xbox BC games will be offered free thru GwG at some time. A gem is a gem.

Umm, Sony was and is offering the exact same thing with PS2 titles on PS4, MS is literally copying what Sony has already been doing since this gen started so like, what are you talking about dude?

The PS2 titles on PS4 are updated to 60fps, 1080p and faster load and save times. MS is literally copying the SAME type of BC for original xbox as Sony has been providing for PS2 games on PS4.

A comparison for your education and to debunk of the misinformation you were spreading in your post.

Loading Video...

Any questions?

So do you have any more grand statement about things you have absolutely no clue about or is that all for today?

Can you use the original PS2 game disc to trigger PS4's PS2 emulation software?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

from reports these games will be available (tomorrow) the 24th (it's actually 5pm on the 24th here in Aus and they are not available yet) so I guess we have to wait until the US releases them.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@lexxluger said:
@gago-gago said:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Any questions?

Lol ignorant lemmings REKT!

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

now I want to get an xbox one just to play ninja gaiden lol

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@pinkanimal said:

Not really, one is a re-release and the other is actual backwards compatibility. To call what Sony is offering on the PS4 "backwards compatibility" is a stretch to say the least.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 PinkAnimal

@soulitane said:
@pinkanimal said:

Not really, one is a re-release and the other is actual backwards compatibility. To call what Sony is offering on the PS4 "backwards compatibility" is a stretch to say the least.

I was referring more to the part that if BC were to be available for PS4 today it would be crap which is not true since they already make enhancements for old games so BC games could be also enhanced the same way.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 soulitane

@pinkanimal said:
@soulitane said:
@pinkanimal said:

I was referring more to the part that if BC were to be available for PS4 today it would be crap which is not true since they already make enhancements for old games so BC games could be also enhanced the same way.

How's that argument any better than saying it would be crap? The answer is that it's not.

If they were to offer free backwards compatibility, we cannot say if it would be done in a similar vein to the rereleases or that it wouldn't. Selling a game and offering an upscaled\upresed version of something you already own are two completely different things both financially and technically.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By PinkAnimal

@soulitane said:
@pinkanimal said:
@soulitane said:
@pinkanimal said:

How's that argument any better than saying it would be crap? The answer is that it's not.

If they were to offer free backwards compatibility, we cannot say if it would be done in a similar vein to the rereleases or that it wouldn't. Selling a game and offering an upscaled\upresed version of something you already own are two completely different things both financially and technically.

Well they have a way to do it so why assume they wouldn't do it? He was claiming that the BC titles would look like crap as if it was a sort of fact...

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 soulitane

@pinkanimal said:
@soulitane said:
@pinkanimal said:
@soulitane said:
@pinkanimal said:

Well they have a way to do it so why assume they wouldn't do it?

You mean by hardcoding it into the game? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's how they're doing it in the case of the rereleases. Are you seeing the problem with doing that with a disc based game?

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 PinkAnimal

@soulitane said:
@pinkanimal said:
@soulitane said:
@pinkanimal said:
@soulitane said:

You mean by hardcoding it into the game? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's how they're doing it in the case of the rereleases. Are you seeing the problem with doing that with a disc based game?

Because the PS2 games are running on an emulator that enhances the games. It's not about individual game hardcoded enhancements.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-hands-on-with-ps4-playstation2-emulation

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 soulitane

@pinkanimal said:
@soulitane said:
@pinkanimal said:
@soulitane said:
@pinkanimal said:

Because the PS2 games are running on an emulator that enhances the games. It's not about individual game hardcoded enhancements.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-hands-on-with-ps4-playstation2-emulation

I will concede then. It does make it quite shit then they don't let people play their own discs.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By PinkAnimal

@soulitane said:
@pinkanimal said:
@soulitane said:
@pinkanimal said:
@soulitane said:

I will concede then. It does make it quite shit then they don't let people play their own discs.

agreed there...

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

I thought JSRF was already available. I remember playing it a couple of years ago. Maybe it was on the 360...

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Alucard_Prime

Played Crimson Skies and Ninja Gaiden Black earlier, both ran great.....Crimson is 4:3 aspect ratio, but Ninja Gaiden was full screen and looked quite good. I still got what it takes it seems, I was kicking some ass in Ninja Gaiden. Such a stylish game I have to say

Both available digitally at 10$, Red Faction 2 was 15$ though(CDN$)

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

I'd like to see elder scrolls 3 morrowind, brute force, jet set radio future, shenmue 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta and phantasy star online and I'd be very happy

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 nintendoboy16

@Alucard_Prime said:

Played Crimson Skies and Ninja Gaiden Black earlier, both ran great.....Crimson is 4:3 aspect ratio, but Ninja Gaiden was full screen and looked quite good. I still got what it takes it seems, I was kicking some ass in Ninja Gaiden. Such a stylish game I have to say

Both available digitally at 10$, Red Faction 2 was 15$ though(CDN$)

My first time playing Crimson Skies yesterday. It's awesome.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 SecretPolice  Online

@magmadragoonx4 said:

I'd like to see elder scrolls 3 morrowind, brute force, jet set radio future, shenmue 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta and phantasy star online and I'd be very happy

The original PSO getting the X1X treatment and no hunter license required would make me giddy as a lil girl. :P

Do it MS, whatever it takes even if that means outright acquiring SEGA. :D.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Alucard_Prime

@nintendoboy16: Yeah holds up nicely, decent controls and I had very little expectations but I'm enjoying it and there aren't many games today out there like that, on consoles anyways.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 SecretPolice  Online

@Alucard_Prime said:

@nintendoboy16: Yeah holds up nicely, decent controls and I had very little expectations but I'm enjoying it and there aren't many games today out there like that, on consoles anyways.

Are you guys just playing the original or you got a X1X early?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#95 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Played some Ninja Gaiden Black and the game looks great on the Xbox One.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Alucard_Prime

@SecretPolice: No lol I'm getting the XOneX at launch 11/07, I'm playing this on the X1S

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 SecretPolice  Online

@Alucard_Prime:

It just sounded like glowing reviews of the visuals so it made me wonder is all. lol. Aren't these getting the X1X treatment? I can't recall. If they are than we're in for an even saweeter ride with these games. :D

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Alucard_Prime

@SecretPolice: Cool I just meant they held up well considering they are more than a decade old, my expectations were very low because in my experience 3D games do not age very well.

But both these games were very playable to me, clean look to the graphics, they are certainly not lookers but for old games they looked better than expected and the res increase to 1080P certainly helps I presume. On XOneX they should get a res boost as well as far as I know bit nothing significant since no extra work was done. Ninja Gaiden actually looks fine once you get used to it, and runs very fluid and responsive. Crimson looks a little more dated.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#99 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Timesplitters future perfect please

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 nintendoboy16

@SecretPolice said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

Are you guys just playing the original or you got a X1X early?

Standard X1. Right now, I see no worth in upgrading yet.

Now to find be XBOX versions of BR2, Black, RF II and MAYBE KOTOR.