First PlayStation 5 Rumors Point To 8-Core Zen CPU and Navi GPU - Lots of Devkits Already Out

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:
@kingtito said:
@daredevils2k said:

I’m not sure why lemmings keep thinking what PS4 wouldn’t bc with PS5, they both are going to be x86 systems . It doesn’t take a stable moron to figure that out .

Umm maybe because YOU cows said "who buys current consoles to play last gen games" oh and Sony looked down on BC. Cows own words amigo. I know, it's hypocrite time

That’s because the Xbone has no games to begin with. You still need new quality exclusive games to sell a console. No one is going to rush out to spend $400-500 to play old games with improved graphics.

Having BC and a steady stream of new games would be enticing. It would be just like the PS1 and PS2 situation all over again. MS and you lems don’t get it, and that’s why the Switch is about to outsell the Xbone’s lifetime sales and the PS4 is outselling it more than 2 to 1 despite not having BC.

Are you sure there are no games on the Xbox One? Are you also pretending that BC now matters because its expected for the PS5?

Xbone is a barren desert of flops in 2018 just like it was in 2017. Where are these games you speak of?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 QuadKnight

@kingtito said:
@quadknight said:
@kingtito said:
@daredevils2k said:

I’m not sure why lemmings keep thinking what PS4 wouldn’t bc with PS5, they both are going to be x86 systems . It doesn’t take a stable moron to figure that out .

Umm maybe because YOU cows said "who buys current consoles to play last gen games" oh and Sony looked down on BC. Cows own words amigo. I know, it's hypocrite time

That’s because the Xbone has no games to begin with. You still need new quality exclusive games to sell a console. No one is going to rush out to spend $400-500 to play old games with improved graphics.

Having BC and a steady stream of new games would be enticing. It would be just like the PS1 and PS2 situation all over again. MS and you lems don’t get it, and that’s why the Switch is about to outsell the Xbone’s lifetime sales and the PS4 is outselling it more than 2 to 1 despite not having BC.

What? Where does it say anything about X1? Where did I say anything about MS or it's consoles? Oh I get it, Sony's shit in your eyes has you seeing things that aren't there. Got it

Not what YOU cows said. Sorry but you can revise history amigo. Cows said what cows said and it was all negative regarding BC and current gen consoles.

What YOU cows don't get is we "lems" don't have a shortage of games. Just because a game is on PC or even the PS4 doesn't mean it's not playable on the X1. Let's not forget there are plenty of games on the X1 NOT on the PS4. The only factions that cows is a game is exclusive or not are YOU cows.

Switch sales don't affect me so why would it affect you? You think it matters to consumers if the Switch outsells the X1? I don't make a dime off any of the consoles sales and I bet neither do you.

Hypocrites will be hypocrites....just thought I'd point it out

Nothing in your incoherent rant and meltdown essay makes sense. Simmer down and compose your thoughts better.

Sony had BC before th Xbox was still a dream in Bill Gates’ eye. PS3 had backward compatibility. Acting like BC is some new feature MS created because they are falling on it to make up for their lack of new games this gen is idiotic. People like BC and that’s including cows and Sheep, it’s a nice feature to have. What people are saying is that MS are relying too much on BC at the expense of new game experiences.

When was the last time MS released a AAA exclusive that was critically acclaimed? 2016? That’s a joke considering what Sony and Nintendo are doing. Even though your eyes are blinded by Phil’s nuts you can’t pretend that MS first party output is on the same level as Sony and Nintendo.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

How many flops though?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#54  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69443 Posts

@quadknight said:

Xbone is a barren desert of flops in 2018 just like it was in 2017. Where are these games you speak of?

So you are saying there absolutely no games on the Xbox One.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he believes. Basically, if it's not exclusive, then it's not a game that exists.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Pedro

@Phazevariance said:

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he believes. Basically, if it's not exclusive, then it's not a game that exists.

Then thats an interesting and asinine point of view.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@quadknight said:
@kingtito said:
@quadknight said:
@kingtito said:
@daredevils2k said:

What? Where does it say anything about X1? Where did I say anything about MS or it's consoles? Oh I get it, Sony's shit in your eyes has you seeing things that aren't there. Got it

Not what YOU cows said. Sorry but you can revise history amigo. Cows said what cows said and it was all negative regarding BC and current gen consoles.

What YOU cows don't get is we "lems" don't have a shortage of games. Just because a game is on PC or even the PS4 doesn't mean it's not playable on the X1. Let's not forget there are plenty of games on the X1 NOT on the PS4. The only factions that cows is a game is exclusive or not are YOU cows.

Switch sales don't affect me so why would it affect you? You think it matters to consumers if the Switch outsells the X1? I don't make a dime off any of the consoles sales and I bet neither do you.

Nothing in your incoherent rant and meltdown essay makes sense. Simmer down and compose your thoughts better.

Sony had BC before th Xbox was still a dream in Bill Gates’ eye. PS3 had backward compatibility. Acting like BC is some new feature MS created because they are falling on it to make up for their lack of new games this gen is idiotic. People like BC and that’s including cows and Sheep, it’s a nice feature to have. What people are saying is that MS are relying too much on BC at the expense of new game experiences.

When was the last time MS released a AAA exclusive that was critically acclaimed? 2016? That’s a joke considering what Sony and Nintendo are doing. Even though your eyes are blinded by Phil’s nuts you can’t pretend that MS first party output is on the same level as Sony and Nintendo.

LOLOLOL puzzling you think a response to your post would be considered an essay and actually have a problem reading on a forum where reading is basically all you can do. Anyway I kind of figured you'd have issues since cows often have a hard time with actual logic vs cow logic of lack thereof

Ahhhh so back on the BC bandwagon I see. This gen it was a "who cares about BC. I can just hook my old console and play my games. I don't own a current console to play last gen games" now is the time for all cows to backpedal and claim BC the greatest feature since sliced bread. Hahaha cows are hilarious

Hahhaa man so many lol worthy statements in your response. MS is relying on BC? How? By letting a portion of their 360 library to be played on the X1? Isn't it up to the devs to make the games playable? How many of the 1000+ games are now BC compatible on the X1?

So a game is only good if it scored well with reviewers? Is it suddenly NOT a game because it goes to PC as well? You may be told what to think and what to like but I prefer to have my own opinions. Something cows seem to be allergic too.

Like I said.....LOL worthy

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By QuadKnight

@kingtito: Your head is so far MS’ ass you can’t even make a coherent post.

If you can’t see that Xbox has a problem with releasing new games you’re an even worse fanboy than I thought.

People like BC, I like BC and have always liked it but my number one priority when buying a new console is new games. It’s the same with most gamers I would assume. I’d rather buy a system releasing new games with no BC than a console with BC and suffers a lack of new games. MS is on the right track with BC on the Xbone, they are just failing hard when it comes to new games and that’s why the Xbone is a failure.

Hardcore lems like you tell yourselves that MS is doing great in the games department but reality says otherwise. Exclusives matter and MS first party is currently a joke. You guys waited through how many delays for Sea of Flops and it was supposed to be the first new AAA release on the console since 2016 and it’s currently sitting at 69 on MC. You can bury your head in the sand and tell yourself that you’re fine playing old games and multiplats but to most gamers that is abysmal for a major platform.

Stop crying about cows and horseshit and go beg Phil for some games. The Xbox brand is dying and if they don’t get their shit together this E3 they’ll be screwed for the foreseeable future.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By QuadKnight

@Phazevariance said:
@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:

Of course. Exclusives are the main reason to buy a console IMO. You don’t have exclusives your console might as well not exist in my eyes.

I‘m not rushing out to spend $500 to play multiplats on a box that’s weaker than my PC.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@kingtito, @Pedro

It's not hypocrisy, it's business. A high spec machine is going to cost money to produce and it might have a high initial sticker price, though I am 100% positive that Sony will avoid another $600 fiasco. Meanwhile, there is plenty of stuff in the pipes for PS4 that Sony would love to sell to users who upgrade to PS5 (Spoiler alert: if PS5 is BC, that also means that it will run games in 'Pro' Mode. That means a meaningful upgrade for people going from the regular PS4 to PS5) and pushing software sales is a wonderful way to lower the financial burden of a hardware launch on Sony's side of things.

The motivations of making the PS5 are very different than your half-baked software support on a list. So, eat that while I feed you another. Sony knows it won't have any problem making a software pipeline (aka, developer support, sorry I have to point that out but you XBox fannies probably don't even get the plain english version these days), but giving third party devs a reason to finish these past couple of years strong with the games they do have deep into a development cycle is one way they will continue to roll whatever the next XBox comes out and smoke it like Snoop Dogg's wake and bake.

To steal the Lemmings once tried and famous line... "It's business." Boy, do we miss those days.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

I don't expect a PS5 a long time to come. So I don't buy it. It just makes no sense. The PS4 still has so much to offer and is so popular, and with the 'PRO' extending its life on the hardware front combined with the fact that there wouldn't really be a significant performance jump over the PRO or XXbone, I just don't buy it.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 kingtito

@quadknight said:

If you can’t see that Xbox has a problem with releasing new games you’re an even worse fanboy than I thought.

People like BC, I like BC and have always liked it but my number one priority when buying a new console is new games. It’s the same with most gamers I would assume. I’d rather buy a system releasing new games with no BC than a console with BC and suffers a lack of new games. MS is on the right track with BC on the Xbone, they are just failing hard when it comes to new games and that’s why the Xbone is a failure.

Hardcore lems like you tell yourselves that MS is doing great in the games department but reality says otherwise. Exclusives matter and MS first party is currently a joke. You guys waited through how many delays for Sea of Flops and it was supposed to be the first new AAA release on the console since 2016 and it’s currently sitting at 69 on MC. You can bury your head in the sand and tell yourself that you’re fine playing old games and multiplats but to most gamers that is abysmal for a major platform.

Stop crying about cows and horseshit and go beg Phil for some games. The Xbox brand is dying and if they don’t get their shit together this E3 they’ll be screwed for the foreseeable future.

No cow, what I'm saying is it's not an issue for me. I have no shortage of games and because multiplats make a large majority of a consoles library. I also have zero issue with MS games going to PC, you cows are the ones that have a problem.

Well of course you do.......now. Not the case since it was YOU cows(and yes You're a part of it) said it wasn't needed and no one buys a console to play last gen games. YOU cows claimed BC isn't needed and MS is wasting time and money on it. All good now huh? H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E-S......lol

Well I don't let MS, Sony or Nintendo tell me what I think or how to think what makes you think I'll let you buddy? Don't recall ever saying MS is going great in the games department. I said I have no shortage of games to play.

Or I can play current games that appeal to my taste OR play the superior vs of multiplats since the X1X is far superior in power to the PS4 Pro. Not seeing a shortage of games buddy. I guess I need to think like a cow and use cow logic to draw a conclusion the X1 has no games. Thankfully I don't

There you go being a hypocrite again.....crying about cows? Don't you cry about X1 lacking games on a daily basis? Do you even own an X1? Don't answer it's rhetorical. Why would anyone cry about a system they don't own? The only cry babies are you cows - FACT

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 kingtito

@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito, @Pedro

It's not hypocrisy, it's business. A high spec machine is going to cost money to produce and it might have a high initial sticker price, though I am 100% positive that Sony will avoid another $600 fiasco. Meanwhile, there is plenty of stuff in the pipes for PS4 that Sony would love to sell to users who upgrade to PS5 (Spoiler alert: if PS5 is BC, that also means that it will run games in 'Pro' Mode. That means a meaningful upgrade for people going from the regular PS4 to PS5) and pushing software sales is a wonderful way to lower the financial burden of a hardware launch on Sony's side of things.

The motivations of making the PS5 are very different than your half-baked software support on a list. So, eat that while I feed you another. Sony knows it won't have any problem making a software pipeline (aka, developer support, sorry I have to point that out but you XBox fannies probably don't even get the plain english version these days), but giving third party devs a reason to finish these past couple of years strong with the games they do have deep into a development cycle is one way they will continue to roll whatever the next XBox comes out and smoke it like Snoop Dogg's wake and bake.

To steal the Lemmings once tried and famous line... "It's business." Boy, do we miss those days.

Didn't know you cows work for Sony. Wait.....you don't so yeah it's absolutely hypocrisy. "We don't buy current gen consoles to play last gen games, we prefer proper BC in the forms of remakes we're charged 59.99 for" <----- that's hypocrisy sir.

The rest is pure fanboy cowish drivel.

Cows == hypocrites.... it's the SWs way

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:

MS backward compatibility was a piece of crap and in no way comparable to what the PS2 had and even early PS3 model.

It was a broken afterthought just to hype something broken over sony,since they loss everything this gen.

Backward compatibility is a nice feature,MS version was a piece of crap that allowed you to play mostly arcade games,and most full retail games were not compatible and still aren't do to licensing.

BC is a nice feature to have on launch were few games are available,but 2 years into the generation no 360 fanboy was talking about backward compatible original xbox games back on 2007,because by your 2nd year your console should be pulling its own weight and not just reliving past glory days.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By QuadKnight

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

MS backward compatibility was a piece of crap and in no way comparable to what the PS2 had and even early PS3 model.

It was a broken afterthought just to hype something broken over sony,since they loss everything this gen.

Backward compatibility is a nice feature,MS version was a piece of crap that allowed you to play mostly arcade games,and most full retail games were not compatible and still aren't do to licensing.

BC is a nice feature to have on launch were few games are available,but 2 years into the generation no 360 fanboy was talking about backward compatible original xbox games back on 2007,because by your 2nd year your console should be pulling its own weight and not just reliving past glory days.

Exactly. My original launch PS3 had BC with all the PS systems going back to the PS1. I don't remember ever thinking "Oh man, this is the reason I just spent $599 on a console". I bought my PS3 on the promise of new games and with time it eventually delivered on that promise.

Kingtito is a total clown and a hypocrite. Where was he praising the PS3 for having full BC during last gen? He wasn't, he was busy laughing at the PS3 for having no games at launch I bet. Now he's acting like BC it some kind of new killer feature lol.

Xbone is now the shitty version of the PS3. It has half-assed BC and it doesn't have any exclusives. The clown wants everybody to praise MS for half-ass BC on the Flopbone and ignore their complete lack of quality first party exclusives. What a delusional joke of a fanboy he is.

His head is so far up Phil Spencer's ass he's literally tasting what Phil is having for lunch right now.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By QuadKnight

@kingtito said:
@quadknight said:

No cow, what I'm saying is it's not an issue for me. I have no shortage of games and because multiplats make a large majority of a consoles library.

And that's why the Xbone is selling like shit and is about to be overtaken by the recently launched Switch because unfortunately for MS not everyone is a dumb fanboy like you that spends $500 for garbage like Sea of Tears and multiplats.

If you're too dumb to understand this fact then there's no hope for you. MS needs to be making consoles for everyone not consoles to satisfy only their blind delusional followers like you that will buy shit on a stick as long as it has the Microsoft logo on it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 tormentos

@kingtito said:

Didn't know you cows work for Sony. Wait.....you don't so yeah it's absolutely hypocrisy. "We don't buy current gen consoles to play last gen games, we prefer proper BC in the forms of remakes we're charged 59.99 for" <----- that's hypocrisy sir.

The rest is pure fanboy cowish drivel.

Cows == hypocrites.... it's the SWs way

lol that reminded me how MS made a master chief collection yet didn't allow Halo 3,4 back on the day because they sold the master chief collection.

Don't talk about hypocrisy you are one of the biggest offenders.

New consoles are about new games,not about BC,that is just a nice feature when done right not 2 years latter and in broken form.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#68 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Cows are getting aggressive!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@kingtito: Hypocrisy is letting you guys parade around here like limited software BC is gaming Jesus while you water shit over the real McCoy.

Pcmasterrace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Pcmasterrace69
Member since 2017 • 373 Posts

@airraidjet: I also believe ps5 will be navy in 2020

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Xbox fanatics up their usual deflection game and cherrypicking.

airraidjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By airraidjet
Member since 2006 • 834 Posts

@ShadowDeathX said:

Why don't people believe that Navi will be on the PS5? If PS5 releases in 2019, it is possible.

Navi is suppose to be built on TSMC's 7nm process, which goes into commercial manufacturing this quarter and will be used on Vega 2 later this year. The same node is rumored to be used on Navi. AMD has Navi on roadmap for 2019.

So for 2019, AMD can have an APU based on Zen 2 (8-Core) + Navi (Navi-Mid) for the PS5. I think people are assuming "Navi = High-End". Just like any architecture, there will be low end and mid end parts.

Exactly. No reason that shouldn't be possible. This post is level-headed and very reasonable.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@kingtito said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kingtito said:
@daredevils2k said:

So some random cows opinion made you think stupidly?

LOL seriously...that's your comeback? Cows(plural) make an asinine comment and you say I'm the stupid one LOLOLOLOLOL

Cowsssss pppffffttttt....................in a sad sad state

nah thats not a come back, its more of a statment , because if you really think us cows making fun of your precious little xb1 that has no games, but flops that it has to play games from the 360 era .... what does that have to do with PS5 BC with PS4. god your f.... dumb.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#74  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

So i guess this means ps4 will be the worst playstation console of all time? lol return of the king indeed lmao.

what notable games are on ps4? infamous 3? killzone 4? detroit become human? knack 1 and 2? shadow colosus remake? last flopian?
well, i guess nioh which is multiplat, bloodborne, (basically 2 souls games), god of war, and... that's it?

spiderman will be a co launch title with ps5 if 2018 rumours are correct. LMAO

not only that but that means in its lifteime the ps4 sold less than the ps3! ps4 will end its gen at 70 something million by the time ps5 comes out.

I told cows.... as soon as xbox scorpio releases sony will panic and launch a new gen. tormentos and quadknight mocked me for it....lol now what?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 QuadKnight

@KBFloYd said:

So i guess this means ps4 will be the worst playstation console of all time. lol return of the king indeed lmao.

what notable games are on ps4? infamous 3? killzone 4? detroit become human? knack 1 and 2? shadow colosus remake? last flopian?

well, i guess nioh which is multiplat, bloodborne, (basically 2 souls games), god of war, and... that's it?

not only that but that means in its lifteime the ps4 sold less than the ps3! ps4 will end its gen at 70 something million by the time ps5 comes out.

I told cows.... as soon as xbox scorpio releases sony will panic and launch a new gen. tormentos and quadknight mocked me for it....lol now what?

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I don’t see PS5 coming anytime before 2020 since PS4 is selling so freakin well. Rumor of new console always comes up, but don’t mean much.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

The Cows are so gullible. Hahahahaha No way this thing comes out in 2019 for $400 or even $500. The X1X is $500 using a jaguar. You think AMD or Sony is going to take a huge loss on selling the PS5 with these Specs. Hahahahahhaahaha

airraidjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 airraidjet
Member since 2006 • 834 Posts

@ni6htmare01 said:

I don’t see PS5 coming anytime before 2020 since PS4 is selling so freakin well. Rumor of new console always comes up, but don’t mean much.

I tend to agree. While there's a possibility of PS5 releasing Holiday 2019, everything is just rumor right now. We've yet to see Eurogamer post any leaks, and all they've done thus far is speculate like the rest of us. I still think PS5 will launch Holiday 2020.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 QuadKnight

@airraidjet said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

I tend to agree. While there's a possibility of PS5 releasing Holiday 2019, everything is just rumor right now. We've yet to see Eurogamer post any leaks, and all they've done thus far is speculate like the rest of us. I still think PS5 will launch Holiday 2020.

Likewise, I don’t see anything launching till 2019 at the earliest. If I was a betting man I’d say PS5 launch Holiday 2020.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 QuadKnight

@xhawk27 said:

The Cows are so gullible. Hahahahaha No way this thing comes out in 2019 for $400 or even $500. The X1X is $500 using a jaguar. You think AMD or Sony is going to take a huge loss on selling the PS5 with these Specs. Hahahahahhaahaha

^ ^ So much fear and butthurt in this post lol.

You know he’s thinking that if the current PS4 is already destroying his FlopBoneX with games like God of War and HZD what’s gonna happen to his FlopBoneX when the PS5 arrives ?.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

I remember hearing this about the PS4 and X1. Wishful thinking that a $400-500 enclosed hardware is going to have PC equivalent CPU at the mid to high range. That when factoring everything else in the box (GPU, RAM, storage drive, power supply...) the CPU will be approximately the same as the mid-high CPU equivalent, and at just a 3rd of the cost to keep the total package at under $500.

Let's be real here, so long as consoles have this target price range - and we've seen how more expensive consoles suffered early sales or just altogether failed... you won't be getting a CPU close to that discreet PC chip, certainly not of what's available at the time. It'll always be equivalent to the outdated PC CPU's of a generation before, if not two.

Why can't they have that kind of CPU power?

Without knowing process node used, clock speed or what else has been done to reduce costs you can not predict that.

You also have to factor in that it likely be a SoC....... So basing it on PC prices or performance of separate components also doesn't make sense.

I do think Sony have listened to devs and will aim to not launch another console with such a poor CPU next time around so they could dedicate more budget to it.

Personally, I wish they would go back to fully custom hardware.....

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Pedro

Wait, Sony fannies actually believe this bullshit....LMAO. Seriously.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@AdobeArtist said:

I remember hearing this about the PS4 and X1. Wishful thinking that a $400-500 enclosed hardware is going to have PC equivalent CPU at the mid to high range. That when factoring everything else in the box (GPU, RAM, storage drive, power supply...) the CPU will be approximately the same as the mid-high CPU equivalent, and at just a 3rd of the cost to keep the total package at under $500.

Let's be real here, so long as consoles have this target price range - and we've seen how more expensive consoles suffered early sales or just altogether failed... you won't be getting a CPU close to that discreet PC chip, certainly not of what's available at the time. It'll always be equivalent to the outdated PC CPU's of a generation before, if not two.

Why can't they have that kind of CPU power?

Without knowing process node used, clock speed or what else has been done to reduce costs you can not predict that.

You also have to factor in that it likely be a SoC....... So basing it on PC prices or performance of separate components also doesn't make sense.

I do think Sony have listened to devs and will aim to not launch another console with such a poor CPU next time around so they could dedicate more budget to it.

Personally, I wish they would go back to fully custom hardware.....

Sony/MS didn't really have much to choose from upon the arrival of ps4/bone as AMD really had nothing else to offer for cpu

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 scatteh316

@Pedro said:

Depending on when it's released it's a strong possibility.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Pedro

@scatteh316 said:
@Pedro said:

This is true but at the moment a new console wouldn't benefit Sony. I can understand if the PS4 sales was on the decline but its not. But some here are talking about PS5 in 2019.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

The earlier the better. Some games are already teasing that they'll release on next gen systems, like Cyberpunk for example. I wouldn't be surprised if it launches this year already, but 2019 is probably more likely. I welcome it.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 scatteh316

@Pedro said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Pedro said:

This is true but at the moment a new console wouldn't benefit Sony. I can understand if the PS4 sales was on the decline but its not. But some here are talking about PS5 in 2019.

2019 won't happen....... We'll have Spider Man, GoW and a few others this year.

2019 we'll get TLOU 2, Death Stranding and a few straglers

So 2020 for PS5 at the earliest...... they won't release it the same year TLOU2 and DS release on PS4.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Pedro

@scatteh316 said:

So 2020 for PS5 at the earliest...... they won't release it the same year TLOU2 and DS release on PS4.

Exactly.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tormentos

@KBFloYd said:

So i guess this means ps4 will be the worst playstation console of all time? lol return of the king indeed lmao.

Hahahaah and MS will quit the console market alone side nintendo and make games only for PS that is a rumor to...

Now we still mock you for it...hahahahahahaahaa

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 tormentos

@ni6htmare01 said:

The PS1 was selling like no other console before it on 2000 when sony launch the PS2,in fact the PS1 without problems outsold the PS2 that year.

The PS2 was selling even faster than the PS1 back on 2006 when sony release the PS3.

It doesn't matter they just keep selling it as well.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

KB stop pulling rumors out of your ass. no where has anyone heard or said that it would release in 2018. stop reaching

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 tormentos

@Pedro said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Pedro said:

So the PS1 was on decline when sony launched the PS2.? And the PS2 was on decline when they release the PS3.?

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Addict187
Member since 2008 • 1128 Posts

Everyone is to busy playing Fortnight to care about new consoles

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@airraidjet said:

First PlayStation 5 Rumors Point To 8-Core Zen CPU and Navi GPU; Lots of Devkits Already Out

SemiAccurate’s Charlie Demerjian posted an article a few hours ago, claiming to have access to concrete information regarding Sony’s PlayStation 5 hardware.

The actual details are hidden behind a paywall, but we can list them for you. PlayStation 5 should feature an APU composed of an 8-Core Zen CPU and a Navi-based GPU – both customized, as usual with consoles. We don’t know much about Navi yet, but AMD has previously linked its name to “Scalability” and “Nextgen Memory”. The latter could refer to GDDR6 memory, which both Samsungand SK Hynix have recently made available.

The article also claims that the hardware will be engineered with VR optimization in mind, thus suggesting that Sony will keep banging the PlayStation VR drum.

Furthermore, according to Demerjian a large amount of development kits has been already sent to game developers. This led him to speculate that the console’s launch could be much closer than anyone thought possible, even targeting a Holiday 2018 or early 2019 release window.

Honestly, this last point seems extremely unlikely to us. While PlayStation 4 sales have slightly slowed down recently, the console can surely be pushed for a while longer thanks to highly anticipated exclusive titles such as The Last of Us Part II, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone and others.

At the very earliest, we’d put a plausible PlayStation 5 release window to Fall 2019. This would also make sense if we consider that PlayStation 4 launched in Fall 2013 and PlayStation 4 Pro became available in Fall 2016.

However, we wouldn’t be surprised to see the next generation of consoles in 2020 either. This would give game developers an appropriate amount of time to craft the launch titles.

We’re still a long way from PlayStation 5 and the Xbox One’s successor, though rumors are only going to get stronger throughout this year and the next.

https://wccftech.com/playstation-5-rumors-8-core-zen-cpu/

PS5 isn't coming anytime before November 2019, and that's the earliest. I'd say there's now a 50/50 chance of PS5 hitting then, otherwise Fall 2020.

If PS5 uses the AMD Navi GPU architecture then you can bet the next Xbox will use either the same architecture with more customizations and more CUs, or even the 'Next Gen' GPU, which comes after Navi, especially if Microsoft launches in 2020 or 2021.

Vega 24 already has 64 ROPS. 7 nm 232 mm GPU should yield Vega 64 level on TFLOPS front i.e. 2X RX-480/RX-580 jump.

I prefer 128 ROPS with Vega 64's TFLOPS level.

256 ROPS (read/write) should match Vega 64's 256 TMU (real/write) count. There's very little point with delivering better performance with compute shader/TMU path while gimping graphics read/write operations (pixel shader). Tile cache rendering is less bound by external memory bandwidth.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By ronvalencia

@Pedro said:

It's possible at 7 nm process tech. 16 nm is less than half node process jump. I expect PS5 to be around 2X over RX-480/RX-580 parts at RX-480/RX-580 size chip.

12 nm GoFlo is for this year and 7 nm for 2019.

AMD plans to use both TSMC 7 nm and GoFlo 7nm.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ronvalencia

@scatteh316 said:
@Pedro said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Pedro said:

PS5 should be able to run PS4 Pro games, hence TLOU2 and DS are not affected. Game consoles usually arrives later than RX-480 level SKU e.g. AMD releases new process node RX-480 and a few months later PS4 Pro arrives.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Business wise this is kinda interesting.

Do you just sit there and let the PS4 continue to win, waiting for Xbox to make the first move? Only downside I see to that is like what happened with 360. Being on the market first meant people were moving there and didn't care so much about PS3.

Or do you try to be first, thinking you'll just keep the dominance rolling?

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Depending on how long this current gen hangs in after the next gen stuff comes out, we could be seeing 3 or even 4 versions of the same game being released.

PS4, enhanced PS4 Pro, PS5, and maybe even PS5 Pro.

Which kinda pisses me off lol.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ronvalencia

@drummerdave9099 said:

Depending on how long this current gen hangs in after the next gen stuff comes out, we could be seeing 3 or even 4 versions of the same game being released.

PS4, enhanced PS4 Pro, PS5, and maybe even PS5 Pro.

Which kinda pisses me off lol.

Jumping on X86 band wagon expect easy upgrades for semi-custom OEMs like Sony or MS.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By scatteh316

@ronvalencia said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Pedro said:
@scatteh316 said:

PS5 should be able to run PS4 Pro games, hence TLOU2 and DS are not affected. Game consoles usually arrives later than RX-480 level SKU e.g. AMD releases new process node RX-480 and a few months later PS4 Pro arrives.

Why are you talking to me? Why?

Why are you talking to me about random shit that....

a) I don't care about.

b) Has nothing to do with where me and Pedro left our conversation.