First Official Dragon Age Expansion Announced, Awakening!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PabloEscobar20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 PabloEscobar20
Member since 2009 • 837 Posts

http://pc.ign.com/articles/105/1058169p1.html

"Today, BioWare and Electronic Arts put rumors to rest and announced Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening, the first official expansion pack which is slated to be released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on March 16, 2010. The expansion will require Dragon Age: Origins and will cost $39.99. "

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

"Today, BioWare and Electronic Arts put rumors to rest and announced Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening, the first official expansion pack which is slated to be released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on March 16, 2010. The expansion will require Dragon Age: Origins and will cost$39.99. "

PabloEscobar20

Must be a pretty serious expansion.

PabloEscobar20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PabloEscobar20
Member since 2009 • 837 Posts

[QUOTE="PabloEscobar20"]

"Today, BioWare and Electronic Arts put rumors to rest and announced Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening, the first official expansion pack which is slated to be released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on March 16, 2010. The expansion will require Dragon Age: Origins and will cost$39.99. "

Cherokee_Jack

Yea i was actually shocked at first. But then i read that it raises the level cap, adds new spells and abilities, party members, enemies and bosses. It's more like a mini sequel lol.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21705 Posts

Sounds like a legit expansion pack. The last good expansion I played was Age of Mytholohy: Titans, and that came out in 2003.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Damn pictures aren't working. Anyways, sounds good to me. Seriously short on cash right now though.
salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 salxis
Member since 2009 • 4280 Posts
I am so happy right now :D DAY 1!
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#7 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts
Aw, no mention of Morrigan in the description. Oh well, I'm still excited. :D
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AAllxxjjnn
Aw, no mention of Morrigan in the description. Oh well, I'm still excited. :DStevo_the_gamer
On the Gamestop page for the game under "expanded info", it says "Encounter five all-new party members and an old favorite from Dragon Age: Origins " hmmm.
HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

$39.99PabloEscobar20

That's nice. Guess I'll wait for a price drop then.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8283 Posts
Awesome! More DA:O content is always welcomed :)
Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

Yea i was actually shocked at first. But then i read that it raises the level cap, adds new spells and abilities, party members, enemies and bosses. It's more like a mini sequel lol.

PabloEscobar20

All good news, but what level cap? Is there a level cap in DA? I haven't encountered it yet.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Set after the events of Dragon Age: Origins in the land of Amaranthine, players will take on the role of a Grey Warden trying to rebuild the order of legendary warriors. Along with this monumental task, players will have to discover new secrets of the Darkspawn menace as well as face off against deadly new threats such as the Inferno Golem, Spectral Dragon and a mysterious foe that calls itself the "Architect." Fortunately, Awakening raises the level cap of the game, and provides new abilities, spells, specializations and items for players to acquire.

Players will also have the option to import and revise their characters from Dragon Age: Origins, expanding on the customization of their heroes. Players can also choose to create a brand new Grey Warden from the land of Orlais. Five new party members will also be available for players to recruit and add to their band of adventurers.

day one buy :)

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AAllxxjjnn

[QUOTE="PabloEscobar20"]

Icarian

All good news, but what level cap? Is there a level cap in DA? I haven't encountered it yet.

It's 25 i think.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
  • 3 newbosses: Inferno Golem, Spectral Dragon and "the Architect" - there will possibly be smaller bosses (just my guess).
  • New story in a new land: Amaranthine
  • New origin: Become a Grey Warden from Orlais
  • New items, spells, specializations, abilities
  • Higher level cap
  • Price: $40
  • release date: 16 March (expect delay! lol)

January 5, 2010 - Today, BioWare and Electronic Arts put rumors to rest and announced Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening, the first official expansion pack which is slated to be released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on March 16, 2010. The expansion will require Dragon Age: Origins and will cost $39.99. Set after the events of Dragon Age: Origins in the land of Amaranthine, players will take on the role of a Grey Warden trying to rebuild the order of legendary warriors.

Along with this monumental task, players will have to discover new secrets of the Darkspawn menace as well as face off against deadly new threats such as the Inferno Golem, Spectral Dragon and a mysterious foe that calls itself the "Architect." Fortunately, Awakening raises the level cap of the game, and provides new abilities, spells, specializations and items for players to acquire. Players will also have the option to import and revise their characters from Dragon Age: Origins, expanding on the customization of their heroes. Players can also choose to create a brand new Grey Warden from the land of Orlais.

Five new party members will also be available for players to recruit and add to their band of adventurers. According to BioWare co-founder Dr. Ray Muzyka, "Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening shows BioWare's commitment to our fans by delivering new story-driven experiences which enrich the dark heroic fantasy universe our fans have come to know and love. The vibrant worldwide community of Dragon Age fans will relish uncovering the secret motivations of the darkspawn, revealing how the darkspawn continue to infest the world despite the defeat of the Archdemon."

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#15 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Aw, no mention of Morrigan in the description. Oh well, I'm still excited. :DAAllxxjjnn
On the Gamestop page for the game under "expanded info", it says "Encounter five all-new party members and an old favorite from Dragon Age: Origins " hmmm.

:o Didn't see that! Now I'm hyped. :D
Juken7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Juken7
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

Awesome! I'm playing the game right now and this will be a no brainer when it comes out.

Probably won't be a day one purchase unless I've already finished FFXIII and GoW 3.

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

Good for Bioware, making an actual, PHYSICAL expansion instead of DLC.

I only wish the DLC they didn't release wasn't such a gyp.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Im confused. Does the characters from the orginal game stay in the expansion or is it like your character never met them? Also if the characters do reamain do things like relationships carry over?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#19 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
I still have to beat Dragon Age :P
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

$39.99.

PabloEscobar20

This is all I saw. It's nice and all, but I just paid $50 bucks for the full game a month ago. I'll wait til Steam has another sale.

Xire_XII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#21 Xire_XII
Member since 2007 • 3092 Posts

Sold. Sold. Sold. Sold. Cannot wait for the expansion and Return to Ostagar. Can this game please stop making me play it because I'm on my third character and just started reading "The Calling". Speaking of which, if you want to know more about The Architect beforehand, pick that up. So much to do before this come out. Looks like Final Fantasy 13 is going on hold.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#22 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Wow, total missed opportunity with the title - it should have been "Dragon Age: Awakening".
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Man I love DAO, can't wait for return to Ostegar!
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Aw, no mention of Morrigan in the description. Oh well, I'm still excited. :DAAllxxjjnn

Enchantment?
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Aw, no mention of Morrigan in the description. Oh well, I'm still excited. :DMakari

Enchantment?

Enchantment!
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#26 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

A new campaign, new locations, new foes and new party members? A must buy for me. Also, thankfully we are getting a meaty expansion, rather than being nickle and dimed to death with dinky add-ons.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

A new campaign, new locations, new foes and new party members? A must buy for me. Also, thankfully we are getting a meaty expansion, AS WELL AS being nickle and dimed to death with dinky add-ons.

ironcreed
Fixed it for you IC :P With DAO I really don't mind paying for pretty much anything, absolutely loved the game. Only the release of ME2 is going to fix my addiction!
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
[QUOTE="Makari"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"] On the Gamestop page for the game under "expanded info", it says "Encounter five all-new party members and an old favorite from Dragon Age: Origins " hmmm.blue_hazy_basic
Enchantment?

Enchantment!

ahahahh :lol:
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Why do I get the feeling there will be ME2 expansion content that follows shortly after this? It seems more and more like I'll only be playing Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 for all of 2010. DAMN YOU, Bioware!!! :lol: :P

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#30 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]

A new campaign, new locations, new foes and new party members? A must buy for me. Also, thankfully we are getting a meaty expansion, AS WELL AS being nickle and dimed to death with dinky add-ons.

blue_hazy_basic

Fixed it for you IC :P With DAO I really don't mind paying for pretty much anything, absolutely loved the game. Only the release of ME2 is going to fix my addiction!

LOL, I suppose I was overlooking the likes of Warden's Keep and Battle for Ostagar just a bit.:P But hey, it's Dragon Age.

Avatar image for guitarsrock4eva
guitarsrock4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 guitarsrock4eva
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts
Sounds good. From what I've heard though its separate from the original game and you have to creat a new character to play it. Is that true? I hope not, Also I hope that the expansion re-opens the world again because its very annoying that after beating the main quest you can only play DLC and not go anywhere else.
calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 calvinx6
Member since 2004 • 1788 Posts

Sounds good. From what I've heard though its separate from the original game and you have to creat a new character to play it. Is that true? I hope not, Also I hope that the expansion re-opens the world again because its very annoying that after beating the main quest you can only play DLC and not go anywhere else.guitarsrock4eva

You don't have to create a new character you can use your character from DA:O.

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
Sounds interesting but also overpriced. $40 for 15 hours seems like too much especially when you consider developers usually over exaggerate hours of game play.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts

Sounds like a pretty serious expansion pack for that price.

Colour me intrigued.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

That better be an actual expansion and a lenghy one unlike Warden's Keep and Stone Prisoner which should have been included in the game from the beginning.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

40 dollars... yeah...

It must be really, really good, considering that the GTA IV expansions were 20 dollars and Crysis - Warhead was 30.

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#37 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
[QUOTE="HenriH-42"]

[QUOTE="PabloEscobar20"]

$39.99

That's nice. Guess I'll wait for a price drop then.

It is 30 for PC.
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

[QUOTE="PabloEscobar20"]

PabloEscobar20

Sounds like an expansion to me... :|
PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

This is part ofwhy I forced myself to wait on Dragon Age. They're up to about $100 in content now and climbing. Hopefully in about a year you'll be able to get the game and all the expansions for just $50. I'll survive off ME2 until then. Don't have a good PC yet anyway :(

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#40 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

Yeah even even though that price is tremendous, I can't wait to go back into the Dragon Age. 5 New party members seem like a lot of content.

redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts

Also the "15 hours-added game play".

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

[QUOTE="PabloEscobar20"]

PabloEscobar20

Sounds like an expansion =/
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

I finished the game a few days ago and I was so amazed by how good the game was, certainly more content is welcomed. But seeing this 40 dollar price tag, the amount of stuff the expansion comes with better be worth it.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
if its a proper expansion pack like brood wars or BF2 spec ops than its worth it, if its like this gens interpretation of the expansion pack then i will lose much respect for a company that up till now only has good marks