First image from Call of Duty 2014! - IGN

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#51 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

@gpuking said:

DOn't know about the rest but the character's face absolutely shits on BF4 or Crysis3's.

My freind, the deliberate hard half tones are to hide the fact it doesn't look too great. To trick people such as yourself, not in the know.

Crysis 3 wins.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Will PS4 have the best console version this year too?

Yea seems like it, but really it will be almost the same. Xbox One owners get their DLC content first.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@gpuking said:

DOn't know about the rest but the character's face absolutely shits on BF4 or Crysis3's.

My freind, the deliberate hard half tones are to hide the fact it doesn't look too great. To trick people such as yourself, not in the know.

Crysis 3 wins.

Aye.

What is most worrying, is that they decided to tease their new game with a face that looks so mediocre. If this is the best thing they can show about the game currently... it doesn't bode well.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

yay more modern warefare bull shit with flying robots and remote controlled dogs..

this series fucking sucks now

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#55  Edited By youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: real talk though

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

cod has never pushed the boundary of graphics. i dont know why they were content with 10 year old graphics engines. they should hire carmack to build them a new game engine. its been downhill since cod 4

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Of course it will! the ps4 is superior, but you knew that you cow.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@lbjkurono23 said:

@Heil68 said:

So should we just acknowledge that the PS4 will always have the superior mulit plats????

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

doubt this is a new engine.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

Yay... more... Call of Duty... ... ...

Yup,that's what the gaming world needs.....Another Call of Duty.I would be alot more interested in an image of maybe Battlefield 5 or Halo 5 gameplay.Getting sick of Call of Duty.

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

Its actually quite depressing to think that another modern warefare type game is on the way. I mean sure I dislike COD games, but I feel sorry for the dev team who must be sick of this. Can't we get a COD WW1 or something? Also add in destruction since DICE have been going backwards on destruction with Bad Company 2 being their best effort so far.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

If that's how the characters will look just imagine the fish AI :o!

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@Heil68 said:

So should we just acknowledge that the PS4 will always have the superior mulit plats????

That's a given, not one single game in the x1 looks the part compared to the ps4. What more proof do you want?

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#64  Edited By 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

Awesome picture. The look in his eye screams war to me and judging from prior COD games that's actually a really good thing. Many of them have war in their stories, so I'd say that is fitting.

It's extremely realistic looking that's for sure. It makes me wonder: Where will games go next? With graphics like these there are pretty much no limits! You can go to war in the jungle, in a city, in the desert! Everywhere! I hope the rest of the game will be as realistic as this. War games just can't get realistic enough for me. I want to play as a soldier who gets critically wounded and then you have to live the rest of his life as a vegetable. Just kidding of course. Or not. But seriously, this is seriously impressive. I love how gaming has evolved over the last few years. We are now seeing stories that are bigger and better than ever before. The innovation never stops and this picture is proof of that! I wonder who the enemy will be in this? Russians? Middle eastern people? The Chinese? The possibilities are endless.

Me and my gamer friends always sleep outside of Gamestop before a big game like this is coming out. We love building up hype for big releases like this. Headshot no-scope for the win LOL. I once got a perk that enabled me to shoot faster and my clan was just so jelly. EPIC FAIL. Good thing they were on my side. Don't mess with me when I have my perks on, bro. I play to win!

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@_Matt_ said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

if COD were PC exclusive. it would not release yearly. and we wouldnot have 10 COD games as of now.

it would have years development cycle. and we would be waiting for COD5 to come out and take decent PC advantage. it would have lean and peak, no regen health like COD1 and UO.

Ahhhh lean and peak.... health kits...

But nah, seriously, it's not the consoles that did this to CoD, it was the mass market and Halo that did this to CoD, the platform(s) it's on is irrelevant.

Are you hyped for Wolfenstein Sniper? No regen health, sneaky peaks, and all the weapons you want.

Yep, that's my point. Its popularity kills any creativity and its not a good thing for the graphics either.

I'm very hyped for Wolfenstein: The New Order. Looks like pure fun !

Agreed.

Wolfenstein looks like it is the perfect blend of new and old shooters; but I bet it will receive low scores from critics for not being mainstream enough. The journalism is as much at fault as the popularity.

Stfu! Wolfenstein will indeed suck. Lone wolf missions (where's the realism? Oh, you mean the realism that COD brought to the console market while shitty games like MOH had "you vs 300 nazis"), all the weapons you can pick up...yeah, because that's realistic. I'm sure a soldier could run a mile with 10 weapons plus ammo, plus med packs....then you have the supernatural power bullshit that Wolfenstein does which is beyond stupid. Wolfenstein could've been a great series if just because of atmosphere and sound alone, but they weren't thinking ahead.

I think COD's done a fantastic job of evolving gameplay. We got Javelins, drones, better graphics, some RTS elements, RPG elements, commandeering vehicles and aircraft, new weapons, great story, Dogs, Sharks (the first time the shark attacked me in Ghosts I was like wtf) and as always "tactical teamwork". Enjoy your stupid Wolfenstein...which literally has nothing appealing about it. You may as well be playing the premium version of Painkiller lmaooooooo.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 inggrish

@XboxStache said:

@_Matt_ said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@_Matt_ said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

if COD were PC exclusive. it would not release yearly. and we wouldnot have 10 COD games as of now.

it would have years development cycle. and we would be waiting for COD5 to come out and take decent PC advantage. it would have lean and peak, no regen health like COD1 and UO.

But nah, seriously, it's not the consoles that did this to CoD, it was the mass market and Halo that did this to CoD, the platform(s) it's on is irrelevant.

Are you hyped for Wolfenstein Sniper? No regen health, sneaky peaks, and all the weapons you want.

Yep, that's my point. Its popularity kills any creativity and its not a good thing for the graphics either.

Agreed.

Wolfenstein looks like it is the perfect blend of new and old shooters; but I bet it will receive low scores from critics for not being mainstream enough. The journalism is as much at fault as the popularity.

Stfu! Wolfenstein will indeed suck. Lone wolf missions (where's the realism? Oh, you mean the realism that COD brought to the console market while shitty games like MOH had "you vs 300 nazis"), all the weapons you can pick up...yeah, because that's realistic. I'm sure a soldier could run a mile with 10 weapons plus ammo, plus med packs....then you have the supernatural power bullshit that Wolfenstein does which is beyond stupid. Wolfenstein could've been a great series if just because of atmosphere and sound alone, but they weren't thinking ahead.

I think COD's done a fantastic job of evolving gameplay. We got Javelins, drones, better graphics, some RTS elements, RPG elements, commandeering vehicles and aircraft, new weapons, great story, Dogs, Sharks (the first time the shark attacked me in Ghosts I was like wtf) and as always "tactical teamwork". Enjoy your stupid Wolfenstein...which literally has nothing appealing about it. You may as well be playing the premium version of Painkiller lmaooooooo.

Oh I'm sorry, have I rustled your jimmies? Or are you just a poor troll?

Someone believing that CoD is 'realistic' is either completely delusional... or a kid... or on some crazy substance...

Though I think more likely you're just a terrible troll.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

The only thing more rehashed than CoD is all the hate it garners.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By XboxStache

@001011000101101: That was my impression of it as well. The face brings me back to Modern Warfare 1. :)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46278 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@XboxStache said:

Someone believing that CoD is 'realistic' is either completely delusional... or a kid... or on some crazy substance...

Hey, the man knows Painkiller, I'll give him that :P

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 XboxStache

@_Matt_: You're such a dweeb, bro. Figures someone like yourself with a "ha-yoooj" ego would like a game like Wolfenstein. lol. I'll bet you believe it's real too. Do yourself a favor and go to the hardcore paintball ranges, then play Wolfenflop lol.

I can name a million FPS's better than Wolf. Arma, Cod, Bad company, Operation Flashpoint, heck, even the last MOH and that game sucked..

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#71  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Call of Duty 2014? Its sad when we start saying the name of a game, followed by the year lol

Im sick of modern war shooters, anyway. Change the engine and go back to WWII setting, and i may give CoD another try..

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 inggrish

@R4gn4r0k said:

@_Matt_ said:

@XboxStache said:

Hey, the man knows Painkiller, I'll give him that :P

True enough. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

"Call of Duty: Allergy Warfare. Evil nose no bounds"

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 inggrish

@XboxStache said:

@_Matt_: You're such a dweeb, bro. Figures someone like yourself with a "ha-yoooj" ego would like a game like Wolfenstein. lol. I'll bet you believe it's real too. Do yourself a favor and go to the hardcore paintball ranges, then play Wolfenflop lol.

I can name a million FPS's better than Wolf. Arma, Cod, Bad company, Operation Flashpoint, heck, even the last MOH and that game sucked..

Aaaand you answered my question perfectly there, thanks :) .

@PAL360 said:

Call of Duty 2014? Its sad when we start saying the name of a game, followed by the year lol

Im sick of modern war shooters, anyway. Go back to WWII setting and i may give CoD another try..

Yeah I'm a bit fed up of modern war shooters too, would love to see a new WWII setting for CoD.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46278 Posts

@XboxStache said:

Thing is he never claimed Wolfenstein to be realistic.

You did with COD though, lol

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 inggrish

@seanmcloughlin said:

"Call of Duty: Allergy Warfare. Evil nose no bounds"

Dude that sounds awesome, sinus up for that day 1!

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#77 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

Didn't Ghosts come out not long ago? If so, why in the world are we talking about the next installment already? That image is nothing special. Looks like something taken from a 360 game.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Definitely a big step from the latest CoD games but still not really impressive, I'll probably end up renting it. I don't mind some mindless arcadey shooting once in a while.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Look at that gameplay!

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By XboxStache

@_Matt_: No. But I'm sure your mama would like a hug....from me.

You're a fucking meat patty, dude. Stfu. I'm fucking flaggin' you.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#83 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Interested i am.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

There is nothing impressive about that character model. We all have seen this before, looks like something that PS3 and X360 can render easily.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts
@SNIPER4321 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

Did anyone else notice this:

But then again, why should they provide nice graphics when millions of people buy it no matter what.
But then again, why should they provide nice graphics when millions of people buy it no matter what.

What a surprise, another lazy COD. Crysis 1 has better looking character models and that game is 7(!) years old.

Welcome to 2007 Call of Duty

its kinda sad that 7 years old game still looks better than most games these days. show how consoles are holding us back. this 7 year old was on only graphics king but gameplay king too when it was out

i really hope ID soft will take full PC advantage on Doom 4.

Yeah, I'd get pissed if Doom 4 is disadvantaged by consoles. It shouldn't be on consoles after all, really.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

All three COD devs will have three years each for development time, as opposed to two years prior. Will the extra year of development time help make COD games any better?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@lbjkurono23 said:

@Heil68 said:

If PS 4 version of Ghosts is so superior why did Sony have Digital Foundry remove the multiplayer performance analysis from youtube?

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

@intotheminx said:

Didn't Ghosts come out not long ago? If so, why in the world are we talking about the next installment already? That image is nothing special. Looks like something taken from a 360 game.

A new COD game comes out every November. There's InifitnyWard, Treyarch, and Sledgehammer taking turns in 3 year cycles.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#90 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

I am willing to bet money that this will be Modern Warfare 4.

God damn. Just kill it already....

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

So it looks like Crysis 1.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@Cranler said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@Heil68 said:

If PS 4 version of Ghosts is so superior why did Sony have Digital Foundry remove the multiplayer performance analysis from youtube?

Didn't want to make lems go ballistic and that gesture by itself falls within the Live, Learn and Love philosophy that SONY practices.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#93 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

It's not something exploding, which is a change of pace. Um, but I'm left underwhelmed by this picture of a face. It's pretty good, but pretty good is pretty boring.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@SonySoldier-_- said:

@intotheminx said:

A new COD game comes out every November. There's InifitnyWard, Treyarch, and Sledgehammer taking turns in 3 year cycles.

What? I thought there was only infinityward and Treyarch. I've never heard of Sledgehammer lol. I'm gonna have to google em. Still yet this is overwhelming for fans, no?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Call of Duty to have soldiers?

Any who gives a **** about COD?

But i do wnat to see what and how they improve now that the said that the move their lead developing platform to the PS4.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#96  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

Call of Duty to have soldiers?

Any who gives a **** about COD?

But i do wnat to see what and how they improve now that the said that the move their lead developing platform to the PS4.

I think the millions that keep buying CoD "give a ****".

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

The game will sell well no matter what. But seriously though enough with the fucking Modern War shit. The series needs to take a long break and get some new ideas but as long as they are selling as they do they will continue this way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

@XboxStache said:

@_Matt_ said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@_Matt_ said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

Agreed.

LOL, go take your ADHD pills kiddo.

Wolfenstein was NEVER about realism, numb nuts. Totally different breed of FPS. If you're calling COD realistic, with lightning rapid fire shootouts, regenerative health, without any fire select and having auto-aim on, you need to get your ass kicked by a few Marines. LOL

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Love CoD. Can't wait. Much bigger fan of Battlefield, but CoD has the arcade-shooting gallery action down to a tee, and anyone who denies that the series is fun, even if it isn't their cup of tea, is a bandwagonner.