First Hour of Days Gone!. (looks awesome)

• 105 results
PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

These games always look good but don't hold my interest when playing.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#52 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I got a PS4 and this game looks meh I guess I'm just dead tired of the whole zombie craze the combat looks pretty mediocre on top of that.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Gameplay looks super standard. So then it needs something more like a cool setting, compelling protagonist, great art or something. But no.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

I’m ok with Sony releasing a game that will score 7-8/10. I currently have too many AAA exclusives to play through as it stands, and could use a break.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Meh. The initial demo was awful. This is a bit better, but it barely tips the mediocre curve. It's pretty generic as far as zombie games go.

I would say it may be worthy of a 20 dollar title perhaps, depending on length. If it's at least 15 hours, then I can see spending 20 bucks on it.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

TBH, I'm not hyped, yet, for the game, but I'll wait for it to release to have an opinion about it. I trust in Sony's devs, gotta wait and see.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@pdogg93 said:

I’m ok with Sony releasing a game that will score 7-8/10. I currently have too many AAA exclusives to play through as it stands, and could use a break.

How many do you have?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#58 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69345 Posts

@boycie said:
@pdogg93 said:

How many do you have?

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

looks like a 7 or 8 at best!!

Kromsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Kromsoth
Member since 2005 • 33 Posts
@Epak_ said:
@Kromsoth said:

The choppy framerate while riding was painful to watch: I guess it really is cinematic: sub 30 fps FTW! Also, are they vampires or something?, reflections are nowhere to be found.

Alpha gameplay. I'm willing to cut this game some slack, have you seen the enemy hordes this game supposedly has. Don't know if they showed them in that video, but...

Fair enough. It has been in alpha stage for ages though; they should step on the gas, unless they are planning a PS5 release.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

I'm guessing this game will be a 6/10. But it still looks better than any upcoming exclusive for XBone.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Kromsoth said:
@Epak_ said:
@Kromsoth said:

The choppy framerate while riding was painful to watch: I guess it really is cinematic: sub 30 fps FTW! Also, are they vampires or something?, reflections are nowhere to be found.

Alpha gameplay. I'm willing to cut this game some slack, have you seen the enemy hordes this game supposedly has. Don't know if they showed them in that video, but...

Fair enough. It has been in alpha stage for ages though; they should step on the gas, unless they are planning a PS5 release.

That's not exactly how development works. A game goes to Beta when the game is in a state where it can be considered a "release candidate". Then the fine tuning and bug-hunting commences at full tilt while your programming teams and key graphics artists are on full standby for technical issues or minor reworking of game-breaking scenarios. When the game is exiting beta is where optimization and all the polishing happens.

It's a bit silly to gripe about frame hiccups but perhaps the feedback will be on some "community coordinator" radar as things mentioned in feedback. So, ehhh. Another thing to consider is that Bend is not one of the bigger studios. With how large these zombie hoardes are, they are making the hardware do a good fair bit of compute lifting. That would be a challenge even for a seasoned team. The things to really look at is how polished the AI is in a game like this. That will be the feather they want to stick in their cap on something like this.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

Looks like Bend will be shutdown after they release Days Gone.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Don't know why, but I really like the gun flashes.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I thought this looked super shit the first time I saw it and every trailer and clip I've seen since then it has somehow managed to look even worse.

Absolutely bog standard pile millions of zombies on to the screen for you to shoot gameplay and who thought it would be a really good idea to have a main protagonist who looks like a complete tool?

Absolute garbage.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@Shewgenja: I think the Ai will be interesting, considering they showed only 3 types of AI.

Humans, zombies and roof zombies. They also showed that there is wild life, but i think we all forgot about the biggest thing from the 2017 demo was:

The zombie bear!

Considering the guys in this video had trouble fighting a few humans, what the hell would you have to do to fight off this thing? This isn't like Horizon where you can hop and roll all day, the stamina is limited.

Plus it takes place in the area of the US where you have bears, wolves and moose and rare cases of mountain lions. Survival is the name of this game, and they can really toss the kitchen sink at us.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58261 Posts

Idunno man, what is with these games lately and breaking up the gameplay?

In the first 14 minutes, you have about 6 minutes of cinematics, a 4 minute chase on a bike, and then a chase on foot. Seems like a lot of filler. Also, heavily scripted. They talk about dynamic, but idunno...

...oh, and then you get to the tunnel. Cutscene. Then you walk into the tunnel. Cutscene. Then you find a nest. Cutscene. Then you toss a molotov on it. Cutscene. Then you kill a couple monsters. Cutscene.

but, it's in alpha/early beta still, so no judgement made.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61466 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

In the first 14 minutes, you have about 6 minutes of cinematics, a 4 minute chase on a bike, and then a chase on foot. Seems like a lot of filler. Also, heavily scripted. They talk about dynamic, but idunno...

...oh, and then you get to the tunnel. Cutscene. Then you walk into the tunnel. Cutscene. Then you find a nest. Cutscene. Then you toss a molotov on it. Cutscene. Then you kill a couple monsters. Cutscene.

Yeah, this kinda stuff has become more and more annoying for me over the years. I still like story-driven games (replaying Persona 5 ATM), but the vast majority of times I just wanna get into the gameplay.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#69 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58261 Posts

@lundy86_4: I feel the same way. I like story too as much as the next guy, but the story needs to be witnessed from within and experienced, not told to you from an exterior perspective and simply watched. Pretty much 90% of the stuff I saw in there could have been handled while still letting the player still have control of the character.

You can have the dialogue continue as you walk around and explore, hear a strange noise, look in the direction, then have the scripted even unfold while you and your NPC friend react. I don't mind cutscenes at critical moments, but to have your experience constantly interrupted by them for no point at all is tedious. It appears these cutscenes are not even interactive, either (in the sense you get to choose your dialogue, for example).

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah, this kinda stuff has become more and more annoying for me over the years. I still like story-driven games (replaying Persona 5 ATM), but the vast majority of times I just wanna get into the gameplay.

I really love the gameplay in Persona 5 and I'm fine with the cut scenes too they're done pretty well. But all that life simulation filler crap in between dungeons just bores me to tears. I know it's what some people love about the series but I never finished the game because I get annoyed every time it comes to an abrupt halt while you do random stuff to move the days forward.

At least cut scenes play themselves you just have to sit them out lol.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#71 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Meh. The initial demo was awful. This is a bit better, but it barely tips the mediocre curve. It's pretty generic as far as zombie games go.

I would say it may be worthy of a 20 dollar title perhaps, depending on length. If it's at least 15 hours, then I can see spending 20 bucks on it.

The game is 30 hours long.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

I'm actually pretty hyped for it, which is a little out of the ordinary I suppose as I don't much care for the zombie genre most of the time. This looks a little different for the genre, though. I love the setting, and the general gloomy atmosphere. Looks like fun, but we'll have to wait and see.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Okay, that could literally mean anything. Is the campaign 30 hours long? Does that include side quests? What about collectibles on the map?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61466 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

@lundy86_4: I feel the same way. I like story too as much as the next guy, but the story needs to be witnessed from within and experienced, not told to you from an exterior perspective and simply watched. Pretty much 90% of the stuff I saw in there could have been handled while still letting the player still have control of the character.

You can have the dialogue continue as you walk around and explore, hear a strange noise, look in the direction, then have the scripted even unfold while you and your NPC friend react. I don't mind cutscenes at critical moments, but to have your experience constantly interrupted by them for no point at all is tedious. It appears these cutscenes are not even interactive, either (in the sense you get to choose your dialogue, for example).

That's why I enjoyed the new GoW, even given the gameplay departure... The storytelling largely didn't make you stand around. Not that you could sod off to the ass end of nowhere, but for the large part, you weren't cornered into a cutscene.

@blueinheaven said:

I really love the gameplay in Persona 5 and I'm fine with the cut scenes too they're done pretty well. But all that life simulation filler crap in between dungeons just bores me to tears. I know it's what some people love about the series but I never finished the game because I get annoyed every time it comes to an abrupt halt while you do random stuff to move the days forward.

At least cut scenes play themselves you just have to sit them out lol.

Yeah, the filler can get annoying, and Persona 5 made me enjoy the grind and Palace exploration a lot more. I found myself browsing my phone during extensive cutscenes, but at least the stories hold the intrgue overall.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

now i see why sony delayed it until next year

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 GameboyTroy

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Okay, that could literally mean anything. Is the campaign 30 hours long? Does that include side quests? What about collectibles on the map?

The campaign itself is around 30 hours long. It will have a lot of collectibles.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Looks alright, I'll see what it's like when it comes out but it could be something I'd play.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1842 Posts

The tracking part, when you hightlight someone's footprints, that was gameplay cliche number 1. Done to death already by Batman, Witcher, Assassin Creed, Horizon Zero Dawn and many others. That shit needs to die already. That tracking and hand holding alone made me already bored with the game even though it had some interesting setting. But if it's gonna copy all previous open world games, then I pass. No innovation what so ever.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By GameboyTroy

They showed 41 minutes of more gameplay with some edits.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/05/11/new-gameplay-today-days-gone.aspx

Loading Video...

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

They showed 41 minutes of more gameplay with some edits.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/05/11/new-gameplay-today-days-gone.aspx

Thanks.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

looks pretty bad to be honest. looks like the level of crustyness youd expect from a low budget pc exclusive. they have a LOT of work to do

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@KBFloYd said:

wow... the sony template in full effect!

cinematic tracking LMAO

Don't you have some cardboard to play with?

LOL!

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7210 Posts

Does look very interesting but the shotgun sounds like a nerf gun. Probably because it's still in early development.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

watched the video again.... the AI is garbage

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 j2zon2591

Really needs quite some work on the animation and clipping department specially for melee.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

@boycie: “Delays Gone” is a terrible attempt at an insult because it sounds like you are saying “their is no more delays, they are gone”.

LOL

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 robert_sparkes

Still plenty of time to sort the mechanics out it still interests me the story looks like it could keep me interested.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@stuff238: well that’s disappointing. I spent £1000s on a team of comedy writers to come up with it. Sounds like I’ve wasted my money.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

It'll be a solid 8/10.......... with a good story and characters it could end up 9/10.

But it's another new IP........ and if there's one thing I won't say no to it's a brand new AAE/AAAE IP.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

@Shewgenja: I think the Ai will be interesting, considering they showed only 3 types of AI.

Humans, zombies and roof zombies. They also showed that there is wild life, but i think we all forgot about the biggest thing from the 2017 demo was:

The zombie bear!

Considering the guys in this video had trouble fighting a few humans, what the hell would you have to do to fight off this thing? This isn't like Horizon where you can hop and roll all day, the stamina is limited.

Plus it takes place in the area of the US where you have bears, wolves and moose and rare cases of mountain lions. Survival is the name of this game, and they can really toss the kitchen sink at us.

Oh man! If they bring in the mountain lions, I'll have flashbacks of the panis I would feel whenever on foot in RDR and you hear that mountain call/growl just before they pounce and wreck you.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#91 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@shellcase86 said:
@Ant_17 said:

The zombie bear!

Oh man! If they bring in the mountain lions, I'll have flashbacks of the panis I would feel whenever on foot in RDR and you hear that mountain call/growl just before they pounce and wreck you.

True that! All of this. I'll be honest. When this game was first shown, I groaned a bit to myself because I grew wary of zombie games a while ago. Yet, the more I see of this game, the more I am interested in it. I really wanted to be as far from this game as possible, even though I like the studio making it. Now, it's on my radar :)

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Ant_17

@robert_sparkes said:

Does look very interesting but the shotgun sounds like a nerf gun. Probably because it's still in early development.

In the second video they say that the starting guns are grabage. Maybe that is the reason they sound bad.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By GameboyTroy

Game Informer takes on a horde of freakers.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/05/16/days-gones-horde-vs-game-informer.aspx

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/daysgone.aspx

Loading Video...

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Ant_17

@GameboyTroy: Damn, it really is hard. For a moment i though the Ai was that stupid to just follow him in a circle, but they stray away. And it takes just a few to kill you.

Also, BULLET TIME!!!! Now i'm in.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44017 Posts

@boycie said:

@stuff238: well that’s disappointing. I spent £1000s on a team of comedy writers to come up with it. Sounds like I’ve wasted my money.

Chuckling..... I almost, almost mind you, feel guilty enough to give you a refund. hahahahah :P

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By robert_sparkes

It does look like your typical Sony exclusive but that's no bad thing their record of exclusives have usually lived up to expectations.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 jv303
Member since 2014 • 545 Posts

Strange for them to show off the game so early. I can only guess that Sony needed to push someone out of their E3 conference for time, and maybe decided, "Hey, how about we get you a Game Informer cover instead?" to appease them.

I'd say this looks pretty good. I mean, it's hard to criticize stuff like AI or certain animations or whatever because... I mean, it's a year off. That's like complaining that there's no salsa in your Chipotle burrito that the person behind the counter hasn't stopped making yet.

So we'll see.

Overall, looks kinda Ubi-ish. But the world is interesting.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 j2zon2591

@GameboyTroy said:

Game Informer takes on a horde of freakers.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/05/16/days-gones-horde-vs-game-informer.aspx

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/daysgone.aspx

Thanks. Looks more interesting now. It'd be cool if we can chuck things from our back even with a hit on accuracy.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 j2zon2591

@jv303 said:

Strange for them to show off the game so early. I can only guess that Sony needed to push someone out of their E3 conference for time, and maybe decided, "Hey, how about we get you a Game Informer cover instead?" to appease them.

I'd say this looks pretty good. I mean, it's hard to criticize stuff like AI or certain animations or whatever because... I mean, it's a year off. That's like complaining that there's no salsa in your Chipotle burrito that the person behind the counter hasn't stopped making yet.

So we'll see.

Overall, looks kinda Ubi-ish. But the world is interesting.

Come to think of it buy yeah it's weird but at least has some air of honesty. Really alpha/beta-ish as far as the showing.

I really hope they polish the framerate and overall animations.