DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 DoomNukem3D
Member since 2019 • 445 Posts

@Diddies: The implication being made is that movie style games put cinematics first and gameplay second.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#52 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@doomnukem3d: But it doesn’t say that. Can a game have great gameplay and still have movie quality presentations?

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 DoomNukem3D

@Diddies: Just to be clear I wasnt saying that this game would be like that but generally that's what people mean when they use the term movie game in a negative way. And yes you can have both but I dont think it's wrong to suggest a lot of games sacrifice decent gameplay in favor of being cinematic.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@PinchySkree:

Not according to reviews out there and here.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@PinchySkree: what games have better gameplay in the same genres as Last of Us, Uncharted, Spider-Man, God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Infamous?

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts
@Ant_17 said:

@son-goku7523: nah, they are doing what Microsoft has taught them. Just look at all the marvel movie themed bones Nelson has given away. Lems will give endgame 2019 goty award for sure.

? I still remember when they tried to claim Black Panther was an Xbone exclusive because of the movie bundle, pure desperation.

Then they turn around and bash Sony for releasing "movie games", insane irony.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Bias review. Days Flop is pure trash. You can't fool me!

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@xhawk27: only Microsoft can fool you, right?

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 xhawk27

@Ant_17 said:

@xhawk27: only Microsoft can fool you, right?

Not for much longer if Gears 5 isn't higher than Days Gone.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@MonsieurX: Never got why PC gamers hated quality presentation so much. It's like you love a certain amount of Jank in your games.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#61  Edited By PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

@blackhairedhero said:

@MonsieurX: Never got why PC gamers hated quality presentation so much. It's like you love a certain amount of Jank in your games.

No, it's when games put most of their budget into visuals to bait the simple minded and playing them is a chore that feels like decade old design

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@PinchySkree: Nothing on PC has revolutionized design in recent years. Sony exclusives are not the only ones limited by design. God of War was actually a step up from most games in terms of exploration.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@xhawk27: I'm sure chunky lara croft will be fine.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DoomNukem3D

@jcrame10: Ninja Gaiden Black has better gameplay than God of war :)

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@davillain-: Where did I say cows were hyping it? reading comprehension dav gets yourself some.

@BenjaminBanklin: Why are you bringing up Crackdown 3? I mean you're obsessed by it, the game must be great in your mind you can't stop talking about it lol.

@Diddies: I do remember games having very short campaigns, heck most indie games can be completed in less than a day no, but these games are mostly sold digitally and thus Gamsestops new policy has no effect here. Big AAA games will, and we all know that Sony provides very little in the way of MP for their games and people will smash through 2 Days Gone and will return it lol.

@Epak_ said:

@i_p_daily: 24 hours SP is plenty good. Beats 100 hours of boredom

But what if the game is boring, it won't matter if its 10hrs or 24hrs long, and besides people will rush through this game to get a refund, Sony will have to do better or their sales are going to tank with Gamestops new policy.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@i_p_daily: You however for some reasons are taking an interest in Days Gone because hey, you always show up in any Days Gone thread. In any case, you should learned what "reading comprehension" means :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: You however for some reasons are taking an interest in Days Gone because hey, you always show up in any Days Gone thread. In any case, you should learned what "reading comprehension" means :)

Indeed I should learned lol.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@knight-k: Not my fault you don't agree with the author of the review

Your lack of reading skills is the problem lemming

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts
@PinchySkree said:
@blackhairedhero said:

No, it's when games put most of their budget into visuals to bait the simple minded and playing them is a chore that feels like decade old design

Totally agree, some games blow all their budget on realistic cutscenes with highly paid mocapped actors, but drop the ball where the game matters the most: in the actual playing it departement.

A game should be fun to play, have engaging and satisfying gameplay. Everything else is secondary.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@Epak_ said:

But what if the game is boring, it won't matter if its 10hrs or 24hrs long, and besides people will rush through this game to get a refund, Sony will have to do better or their sales are going to tank with Gamestops new policy.

I personally think it's going to be more fun than Horizon.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@i_p_daily: It's about time you did. With that said, you deserve a medal my console gaming friend :P

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

@Epak_: Xbox Fanatics only like games that hit the score 69, which they claim is the sweet spot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#73 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I can see some aspects being fun and maybe the last minute cinematic coat will give it more "quality" but every gameplay I watch fails to make me wanna buy it. So, probably I'll play it once it's dirty cheap, I suspect it won't take long.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@davillain-: Where did I say cows were hyping it? reading comprehension dav gets yourself some.

@BenjaminBanklin: Why are you bringing up Crackdown 3? I mean you're obsessed by it, the game must be great in your mind you can't stop talking about it lol.

@Diddies: I do remember games having very short campaigns, heck most indie games can be completed in less than a day no, but these games are mostly sold digitally and thus Gamsestops new policy has no effect here. Big AAA games will, and we all know that Sony provides very little in the way of MP for their games and people will smash through 2 Days Gone and will return it lol.

@Epak_ said:

24 hours is good enough this is not the witcher or FF,nor is RDR2.

Did you complain about Rise of the tomb raider been 15 to 20 hours long?

Or Resident evil remake been 10 hours long.

Yeah if sony try as MS do with their online boring fest.

Fact is you are green with envy dude let it go,it should not take much for the to beat MS crappy offerings.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Epak_ said:
@Epak_ said:

Hopefully you like it then, but remember there's Gamestops 48hr return policy if you don't :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos: After checking my stats I actually played RotTR for 159hrs, no need to complain about that.

I'd call MP a borefest too if I kept on getting owned, but that's nothing new for you as it happens here on a regular basis, and besides you cows love playing with yourselves....oh my bad by yourselves lol.

And who would be envy of a Zombie game with 6hrs of cutscenes, talk about a borefest. Might as well sit there and let the zombie eat your brains as you're not going to need one to play a Sony game.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

1. Makes thread mentioning first early review.

2. Posts, "Can't wait."

3. Then posts link to an early review.

4. Does not share any details or findings from said link/early review.

Thanks, OP.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@i_p_daily: 159 hrs of rottr? Gross.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@tormentos: After checking my stats I actually played RotTR for 159hrs, no need to complain about that.

I'd call MP a borefest too if I kept on getting owned, but that's nothing new for you as it happens here on a regular basis, and besides you cows love playing with yourselves....oh my bad by yourselves lol.

And who would be envy of a Zombie game with 6hrs of cutscenes, talk about a borefest. Might as well sit there and let the zombie eat your brains as you're not going to need one to play a Sony game.

Well when you have nothing more to play with you end playing the shit over and over again,but then again that justify playing Days gone a few more times right.

Oh MP is not a borefest is actually quite good,just not on MS shitty games.

Who will envy a zombie game? You who have nothing to play but a shitty game that flopped this year after waiting for it 5 years.

But is doesn't matter as long as it has online..hahahahaa

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts
@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

C'mon guys this game is going to be historic, as people will look back at this game in 10yrs and remember it fondly as the first game to be completed and returned to Gamestop within the 48hr period for a refund lol.

Game is 30hrs long (24 if you take out the cutscenes lol) and there will be people who complete it in less than 20hrs :)

I wold say the same about Sea of thieve but then again,MS will not refund you anything for downloading it from gamepass, well at least you can delete it and get back the wasted space.

lol

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By xhawk27

@Heil68 said:
@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

C'mon guys this game is going to be historic, as people will look back at this game in 10yrs and remember it fondly as the first game to be completed and returned to Gamestop within the 48hr period for a refund lol.

Game is 30hrs long (24 if you take out the cutscenes lol) and there will be people who complete it in less than 20hrs :)

I wold say the same about Sea of thieve but then again,MS will not refund you anything for downloading it from gamepass, well at least you can delete it and get back the wasted space.

lol

The new update next week makes SoT a great fun game and if they re-review it be in the low 80's for sure. Too bad the Cows don't like fun games only boring movie games. LOL

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#83 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69462 Posts

@pdogg93 said:

@xhawk27: we get it. You have a small dick. Now please stop white knighting shitty Microsoft games. SOT was a flop and same goes for the majority of your xbone games.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

@Pedro said:
@pdogg93 said:

@xhawk27: we get it. You have a small dick. Now please stop white knighting shitty Microsoft games. SOT was a flop and same goes for the majority of your xbone games.

You have to admit though that is pretty funny.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts
@pdogg93 said:

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Son-Goku7523

Another PS4 exclusive about to steamroll the Xflop's entire game library and we have i_cry_daily having another meltdown in its thread, how predictable ?. He's still mad State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3 flopped hard after waiting years for them, and he's hoping Days Gone flops too so the he can have some sense of satisfaction knowing he's not alone, SAD.

@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 xhawk27

@pdogg93 said:

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Son-Goku7523
@pdogg93 said:

? Damn, this thread keeps on delivering. Throw the damn towel lems, you guys can't win this one, not when you clowns are on record hyping epic flops like State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3...

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@Epak_ said:
@Epak_ said:

Hopefully you like it then, but remember there's Gamestops 48hr return policy if you don't :)

I'll wait for the reviews and go digital if they're alright.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

@Diddies: It can. Assassin's Creed 2 has great gameplay and it's also a good "movie". Colony Wars and Silent Hill on PS1 also spring to my mind. As does Bioshock.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#91 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@blamix: world warz is more about co-op and MP

I think days gone is a sp story game

They are foing for different player bases, I'm more interested in WWZ, plus it's 40$ vs 60$

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

@davillain- said:

Daily, like the other Xgoons here, have been praying for Days Gone to fail on the level of Crackdown 3. It's the need for some kind of misguided revenge because they made a bad choice in consoles this gen that they still feel the need to defend, even at this late stage of the game. Not realizing that CD3 was an exceptionally bad game this gen that shouldn't have been released. Days Gone will be OKish at worst, slightly above average at best. They're wasting their energy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@fedor said:

@i_p_daily: 159 hrs of rottr? Gross.

Co-op was good, maybe get some friends as games get better :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@pdogg93 said:

Actually you admitted to having one a while ago (wtf would you even say that) in some thread because I remember using this meme lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@davillain- said:

Daily, like the other Xgoons here, have been praying for Days Gone to fail on the level of Crackdown 3. It's the need for some kind of misguided revenge because they made a bad choice in consoles this gen that they still feel the need to defend, even at this late stage of the game. Not realizing that CD3 was an exceptionally bad game this gen that shouldn't have been released. Days Gone will be OKish at worst, slightly above average at best. They're wasting their energy.

Praying lol, i'm making fun of it and informing gamers that they can return it with Gamestops new 48hr return policy considering its a 24hr game lol.

I almost feel sorry for guys like you and alts like son of qaucknight because you can't tell when people are taking the piss out of you lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Epak_: Ew digital, talk about wasting money and limiting your options, well good luck with that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

Well when you have nothing more to play with you end playing the shit over and over again,but then again that justify playing Days gone a few more times right.

Oh MP is not a borefest is actually quite good,just not on MS shitty games.

Who will envy a zombie game? You who have nothing to play but a shitty game that flopped this year after waiting for it 5 years.

But is doesn't matter as long as it has online..hahahahaa

I have plenty to play, but I played a lot of co-op in TR. Now I know you have no friends and don't know what that's like, and you can't even state how many hours you've played on any game as we all know you don't have a gaming console from this gen :(

You keep cheering the PS4 on from the bleaches tormy lol

And i'll keep playing games on the console that "has no games" lol.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Praying lol, i'm making fun of it and informing gamers that they can return it with Gamestops new 48hr return policy considering its a 24hr game lol.

I almost feel sorry for guys like you and alts like son of qaucknight because you can't tell when people are taking the piss out of you lol.

Oh, THAT'S what you're doing. Taking the piss out of it. It has nothing to do with your soul burning in tearful rage because you got served up with a bunch of racing games this gen as the sole items to defend on Phil Spencer's discount box. Sounds to me like a case of doubling down and being asshurt that people didn't get suckered into joining you on the fail bus. A 48 hour return to Gamestop is better than being stuck with bunch of Game Pass fodder that no one wanted to buy at full price.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Oh, THAT'S what you're doing. Taking the piss out of it. It has nothing to do with your soul burning in tearful rage because you got served up with a bunch of racing games this gen as the sole items to defend on Phil Spencer's discount box. Sounds to me like a case of doubling down and being asshurt that people didn't get suckered into joining you on the fail bus. A 48 hour return to Gamestop is better than being stuck with bunch of Game Pass fodder that no one wanted to buy at full price.

Holy **** you keep doubling down on stupid even when I tell you i'm taking the piss out of you lol.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Holy **** you keep doubling down on stupid even when I tell you i'm taking the piss out of you lol.

HERP DERP!