Fire Emblem Three Houses HyPe ThReaD!

• 64 results
Edited 1 month, 3 days ago

Poll: Fire Emblem Three Houses HyPe ThReaD! (40 votes)

10 AAAAE 10%
9 AAAE 53%
8 AAE 28%
7 AE 5%
6 or Below 5%
Intelligent System Presents
Intelligent System Presents
With the Power of the Switch
With the Power of the Switch
A Classic JRPG Tactics game with great music/story/characters
A Classic JRPG Tactics game with great music/story/characters

ALL CLASSES Trailer

Story Trailer

This game will probably score a 10/10 and be a knockout Tactical JRPG.

Wowsers what a game. They don't make games like this anymore.

Who is getting this game? How high do you hype the game?

Add any other cool info about the game to thread plz.

#1 Posted by adsparky (1437 posts) -

I think a 9 is fair.

#2 Posted by Heirren (2257 posts) -

It will play exactly like the 3DS game from 5 years ago. 7/10.

#3 Posted by Planeforger (18075 posts) -

I see this being a solid 8 or 9. Let's go with 9.

I'm buying it day 1, no matter the score.

#4 Posted by Archangel3371 (28415 posts) -

I’ll go with a 9 myself. Will be getting this regardless though.

#5 Posted by onesiphorus (2934 posts) -

I will give the game at least an 8/10 to a high of 9/10.

#6 Posted by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -

I voted 8 but after looking a lil deeper and can see this game hitting a 9.0 no problem.

#7 Edited by jaydan (2396 posts) -

Super Mario Maker 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Fire Emblem: Three Houses have all released in such a quick time frame and are getting solid reviews. Switch has been beefing up its library recently; yet we're still getting: Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Pokemon Sword/Shield in the coming months.

Nintendo is playing a smart year with these releases. I don't think every one of these games will appeal to everybody, but every one of these games can appeal to somebody - and that's much ado with the diversity of the types of games they're putting out this year. The Switch Lite launching just in time for Pokemon is going to be Nintendo striking a gold mine, just you watch.

#8 Posted by ProtossRushX (5640 posts) -

@jaydan: yeah man I want the nintendo switch lite pokemon version i hope its easy to get then ill buy fire emblem and mario maker 2 with it an get FF12 on the side.

#9 Edited by jaydan (2396 posts) -
@ProtossRushX said:

@jaydan: yeah man I want the nintendo switch lite pokemon version i hope its easy to get then ill buy fire emblem and mario maker 2 with it an get FF12 on the side.

This year is showing Nintendo is in their strategic zone. Switch Lite launching just in time for Pokemon is no mistake. It is perfectly planned, and then all the diverse games that have been released this year will supplement greater sales across the board with Pokemon as the lead system seller. Nintendo revising the current Switch with superior battery life is no mistake either. I think Nintendo is readying the Switch for its best days yet.

#10 Posted by Archangel3371 (28415 posts) -

@jaydan: Plus Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition is releasing in September. I’m very hyped for this game as well. The Switch has a great lineup of games coming out.

#11 Posted by Litchie (24152 posts) -

I predict the game to get 8/10 on most websites and to not really be what I want from a FE game.

#12 Edited by KungfuKitten (26746 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:

You hope it's easy to get?! I'm afraid you might find yourself starring in Jingle All the Way 2.

If you want it real bad, I suggest signing up for a price-watch group that is specifically hunting the pokemon edition when they get there. They keep each other up to date on listings.

It may take a day or two of regularly refreshing the page(s) but then you're way more likely to get one. This is how I used to hunt limited edition stuff. Headroom tends to be the first 5 minutes of it appearing on a site.

And the little hunting groups tend to have some people in the know, who can find products on stores before the store search even shows them.

#13 Posted by sakaiXx (5930 posts) -

Meh, not loving the Persona vibes. Hope the game is successful though.

#14 Posted by Solaryellow (5109 posts) -

@jaydan said:

Super Mario Maker 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Fire Emblem: Three Houses have all released in such a quick time frame and are getting solid reviews. Switch has been beefing up its library recently; yet we're still getting: Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Pokemon Sword/Shield in the coming months.

When I bought the Wii version from Nintendo World in NYC the cashier marked out like you wouldn't believe but I have yet to even open the game. This year has been solid. Next month Astral Chain and supposedly Friday the 13th with the fall looking well stocked so it is a good year.

#15 Edited by ProtossRushX (5640 posts) -

@KungfuKitten: damn maybe I'll just get the grey one :\ was hoping they would produce a lot of them.

#16 Edited by KungfuKitten (26746 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:

@KungfuKitten: damn maybe I'll just get the grey one :\ was hoping they would produce a lot of them.

Maybe... Good news is they are already up for pre-order in some places. So you can start hunting today. Or at least in my country they are. You live in the USA?

You can pre-order one from Play-Asia.com but it's way more expensive.

#17 Edited by Kali-B1rd (2242 posts) -

People seem very generous with scores. I'l give it an 8.

• Graphics - Artstyle is one of the worst imo of the series
  • Three Houses - The difference in story will end up being minimal like Fates.

I'm hard pressed to believe the cast has anywhere close to the same character as Awakening or Fates. I've not seen much depth to the combat system either.

But, I am hyped for it. Love these games.

@heirren said:

It will play exactly like the 3DS game from 5 years ago. 7/10.

In that case.

Bloodborne - 6/10

Uncharted 4 - 2/10

Last of us 2 - 7/10

#19 Posted by Heirren (2257 posts) -

@kali-b1rd:

Lol whats your point?

#20 Posted by lundy86_4 (53653 posts) -

I want to say it's gonna be a 9, but i'll say 8 to keep in check.

#21 Edited by Raining51 (1144 posts) -

I was ragging on this series but honestly I'm still probablyh going to gert it.

Don't have the money for a Switch right now, probably just going to try and get it for xmas from my parents.

I'll definitely also be sure to check gamespot for the reviews!~

#22 Posted by enzyme36 (4260 posts) -

I wanna say 10 so bad... my hype level is cranked on this one and it's my top anticipated game of 2019.

....but there are a lot of new mechanics being introduced here, which can leave an opening for a hiccup along the way. so I will have to vote 9 AAA

Fire Emblem game of thrones let's go!!

#23 Edited by KungfuKitten (26746 posts) -

I'm such a sucker. I'm buying this, because I want to like this series. And I already know I am going to be so upset the first time an enemy crits one of my dudes and they die.

Or something unexpected happens in a mission that completely screws over my positioning in a way that I cannot adjust for.

Or some unlockable character appears who will disappear in 7 turns leading me to take a risk that doesn't pay off.

But this time, I will not reset. If someone dies... they ded. Maybe that will help me feel less frustrated. In war, **** happens.

I don't know how much choice there is in the game with how you treat your students but I'm ready to whip them.

#24 Posted by enzyme36 (4260 posts) -

30 min demo from the Nintendo Treehouse e3 2019

Loading Video...

#25 Posted by Planeforger (18075 posts) -

9/10 - hype met!

#26 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

Easy day 1.

#27 Edited by Archangel3371 (28415 posts) -

Well what do you know, a 9/10 it is then. Woo hoo! I can’t wait to pick this up and start playing it. 😁

#28 Posted by lebanese_boy (15104 posts) -

I was already hyped for this game but with the scores it's getting that just makes the purchase easier to me lol

#29 Posted by AJStyles (1030 posts) -

Another overrated Nintendo game by fanboy game “journalists”. More agenda pushing.

Game “journalists” know that Nintendo consoles suck and has no great games. So they over inflate the scores of the exclusive games to make it appear better than it is.

The game is a 7/10 at best. You must always remember to minus 2 full points off a Nintendo game to get its true score.

Reality: The game is 7/10 at best for a specific niche audience who likes these types of games. For the vast majority of people, this game will suck and should be cautious in trying it let alone purchasing it.

#30 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19807 posts) -

@ajstyles: Really? You played the game already? Also, 7/10 is still a good review

#31 Posted by DaVillain- (37589 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: For such a fan, I'm surprise you didn't make Fire Emblem: Three Houses hype thread yourself lol.

#32 Posted by Maroxad (15272 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

Another overrated Nintendo game by fanboy game “journalists”. More agenda pushing.

Game “journalists” know that Nintendo consoles suck and has no great games. So they over inflate the scores of the exclusive games to make it appear better than it is.

The game is a 7/10 at best. You must always remember to minus 2 full points off a Nintendo game to get its true score.

Reality: The game is 7/10 at best for a specific niche audience who likes these types of games. For the vast majority of people, this game will suck and should be cautious in trying it let alone purchasing it.

Lol. Agenda Pushing? What Agenda?

Paragraph 2 is nothing but conspiracy theory.

You already played it? Which House did you join?

#33 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@Maroxad: AJ's old handle was @stuff238, he was banned for cheering on an Earthquake that killed people in Japan because it delayed a Nintendo direct. The dude has mental issues.

#34 Posted by Ovirew (9103 posts) -

Looking forward to it! I'll buy a copy within the next couple of days.

I've been hyped for 3H for most of this year. The time jump and professor/student aspect seem like nice shake-ups for the story, otherwise hoping for the usual solid gameplay the series offers. I'm probably going to go with Blue Lion, but we'll see.

My only minor complaint is the timing of this release, since it comes a month before another game I'm expecting to invest a lot of time in, as well as during a pretty full second half of 2019. It might be difficult to get real invested in FE3H for a while, but we'll see.

I wish we were having this discussion on the Nintendo board but it's usually dead there.

#35 Posted by DaVillain- (37589 posts) -

@Ovirew said:

Looking forward to it! I'll buy a copy within the next couple of days.

I've been hyped for 3H for most of this year. The time jump and professor/student aspect seem like nice shake-ups for the story, otherwise hoping for the usual solid gameplay the series offers. I'm probably going to go with Blue Lion, but we'll see.

My only minor complaint is the timing of this release, since it comes a month before another game I'm expecting to invest a lot of time in, as well as during a pretty full second half of 2019. It might be difficult to get real invested in FE3H for a while, but we'll see.

I wish we were having this discussion on the Nintendo board but it's usually dead there.

Not just Nintendo board, same goes for PlayStation Nation/Xbox Association/PC Society individual boards are all dead. Just the actual gaming boards like SW & Games Discussion is pretty much all that's left for any gaming discussions now.

#36 Posted by mandzilla (4157 posts) -

9/10 is awesome. I cant wait to get all of my troops killed thanks to my incompetence haha. :D

#37 Posted by Kali-B1rd (2242 posts) -
@ajstyles said:

That salt.

Personally preferences I suppose, I usually take -4 from Sony games.

#38 Posted by N64DD (11970 posts) -
@fedor said:

@Maroxad: AJ's old handle was @stuff238, he was banned for cheering on an Earthquake that killed people in Japan because it delayed a Nintendo direct. The dude has mental issues.

Proof?

That's pretty messed up if true.

#39 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@n64dd: https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/nintendo-direct-delayed-due-to-earthquake-33440946/

That thread, his comments are deleted though but the aftermath of his comments are there. He then made an account called Zappat and was banned again. Now he's AJ.

#40 Edited by lundy86_4 (53653 posts) -

The game got a 9 from GS. I went with an 8, but this just hit my must-buy... I'll grab it next week.

Link.

#41 Posted by briguyb13 (3127 posts) -

goty

#42 Posted by N64DD (11970 posts) -
@fedor said:

@n64dd: https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/nintendo-direct-delayed-due-to-earthquake-33440946/

That thread, his comments are deleted though but the aftermath of his comments are there. He then made an account called Zappat and was banned again. Now he's AJ.

how do you know this is him though?

#43 Posted by ProtossRushX (5640 posts) -

GAME MET HYPE everything is fine and ppl voted 9 it got a 9 I mean another AAAE for nintendo

#44 Edited by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@n64dd: Because he's never even attempted to change his posting patterns. You can research it yourself if you'd like and pm me if you want to continue the convo, no need to continue on here.

#45 Posted by N64DD (11970 posts) -
@fedor said:

@n64dd: Because he's never even attempted to change his posting patterns. You can research it yourself if you'd like and pm me if you want to continue the convo, no need to continue on here.

Roger that. Anyways.

You picking up this fire emblem? I have every single US copy factory sealed, so I have a special edition coming (staying sealed) and a play copy coming.

#46 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@n64dd: Indeed I am. Going to grab it tomorrow when I'm off work. Should be a fun weekend.

#47 Posted by jaydan (2396 posts) -

I'll likely pick it up at some point (sooner or later). Right now as far as Switch releases go, Astral Chain and Luigi's Mansion 3 will be my must-buy's.

#48 Posted by Maroxad (15272 posts) -

@fedor: Ty for the explanation. I remember when I had a certain poster harass me over multiple alts. On this site. So not surprising if what you say is true.

So hyped for this. I am going with the golden deers. A bow lord seems really interesting. Especially considering how poor (foot) archers are in most Fire Emblem games.

#49 Posted by AJuiceMatts (53 posts) -

Another AAAE game for the Switch!

Wow Nintendo is just KILLING IT!

#50 Posted by enzyme36 (4260 posts) -

9 that's great... and the opening line of the review is what I'm looking for. Hype officially met. Early GOTY nominee