Fire Emblem: Awakening vs Persona 4 Golden

  • 111 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for charizard1605
Edited 3 years, 11 months ago

Poll: Fire Emblem: Awakening vs Persona 4 Golden (69 votes)

Fire Emblem: Awakening 41%
Persona 4 Golden 59%

Arguably both the best games on their respective systems, and both are epic, sprawling JRPGs with sweeping, orchestral storylines, a great soundtrack, but a focus on people and characters, and the relationships that they form.

These are two excellent games, at the top of their class, and they are very comparable. Which of these two do you like more, however?

Avatar image for charizard1605
#1 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

Oh by the way, there's only one right answer to this question, and it's not Fire Emblem.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
#2 Posted by chessmaster1989 (30204 posts) -

Have been wanting to play Fire Emblem but don't have a 3DS unfortunately. When I played Persona 4 I couldn't really get into it, stopped after about 10 hours.

Avatar image for Blabadon
#3 Edited by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

Fire Emblem Awakening is one of the weaker entries in its own series.

Persona 4 Golden is one of the best JRPGs and even games of all time.

Winner: Dark Souls.

Avatar image for bbkkristian
#4 Edited by bbkkristian (14971 posts) -

Stawwp, Chaz I can't decide.

Looks like Chaz finally beat mitu123 on the top posters.

Avatar image for FlamesOfGrey
#5 Edited by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

Fire Emblem Awakening is the worst game in the series. Persona 4 is arguably the best game in it's series with the Golden improving on it. Persona 4 Golden wins.

As much as I hope Intelligent Systems will go back to what made Fire Emblem great, Awakening sold too much and has garnered too much praise from newcomers to not continue on it's current path.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#6 Edited by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

Stawwp, Chaz I can't decide.

Looks like Chaz finally beat mitu123 on the top posters.

It's been like that for over a month lol.

And pick one... now!

Avatar image for Maroxad
#7 Posted by Maroxad (14717 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Arguably both the best games on their respective systems no, and both are epic that is just wrong, P4 is as epic as an episode of Scooby Doo and FE:A is as generic as it comes and thus not epic, sprawling JRPGs with sweeping, orchestral storylines both had terrible storylines coupled with terrible pacing, a great soundtrack Persona 4 was tolerable for jPop, but a focus on people and characters, and the relationships that they form hence, they are both waifu sims.

These are two excellent games can you share some of those substances you are using with me?, at the top of their class No they aren't, in fact neiter is even the best in their series, and they are very comparable. Which of these two do you like more, however? I havent played Persona 4 Golden (did play P4 though and it was one of the most poorly paced jRPGs I have ever played), FE:A was poor SRPG

I havent played P4G, played P4 and thought it was really mediocre. FE:A is a disgrace on FE.

Avatar image for Floppy_Jim
#8 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

For crying out loud chaz, this is like asking me which testicle I'd like to keep.

Avatar image for mems_1224
#9 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

Fire Emblem. Better characters, better writing and I preferred the gameplay over Persona's. I loved being able to fuse new personas though.

Avatar image for bbkkristian
#10 Posted by bbkkristian (14971 posts) -

@charizard1605: I can't. ;_;

It's like choosing between my children. They both are excellent and unique. :)

Avatar image for Xaero_Gravity
#11 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (9799 posts) -

Very tough to choose, but P4G gets the very, very slight edge.

Avatar image for Blabadon
#12 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

@bbkkristian: That would imply you're going to have children.

Avatar image for Sweenix
#13 Edited by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

persona #vitameanslife

Avatar image for charizard1605
#14 Edited by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

For crying out loud chaz, this is like asking me which testicle I'd like to keep.

Yes, and unless you answer quick, you lose both, so get on it!

@bbkkristian said:

@charizard1605: I can't. ;_;

It's like choosing between my children. They both are excellent and unique. :)

Yes, but one of them is a veritable Renaissance Man, the other sniffs glue.

@Xaero_Gravity said:

Very tough to choose, but P4G gets the very, very slight edge.

See? This chick has balls.

Avatar image for DJSAV_101
#15 Edited by DJSAV_101 (3701 posts) -

I enjoyed both a lot. Based on time played though I prefer P4G (80+ hours) over FE:A (55 hours).

Avatar image for Floppy_Jim
#16 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

For crying out loud chaz, this is like asking me which testicle I'd like to keep.

Yes, and unless you answer quick, you lose both, so get on it!

Floppy_Jim ain't gonna be no eunuch. Persona 4 Golden by an atom.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#17 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:
@charizard1605 said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

For crying out loud chaz, this is like asking me which testicle I'd like to keep.

Yes, and unless you answer quick, you lose both, so get on it!

Floppy_Jim ain't gonna be no eunuch. Persona 4 Golden by an atom.

Yosuke's 'critical hit to the nads,' DENIED

Avatar image for inb4uall
#18 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

lolchaztaste

Avatar image for DocSanchez
#19 Posted by DocSanchez (4556 posts) -

Tell me why you did it Every dream falling apart

Tell me why you did it After the promise

Avatar image for charizard1605
#20 Edited by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@DocSanchez said:

Tell me why you did it Every dream falling apart

Tell me why you did it After the promise

So that's what the second line is!

Avatar image for DocSanchez
#21 Posted by DocSanchez (4556 posts) -

@charizard1605: Went for that platinum trophy. 3 playthroughs, and I didn't regret it.

Avatar image for benleslie5
#22 Posted by benleslie5 (8695 posts) -

My vote still goes for Persona 4 Golden

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
#23 Edited by deactivated-586249e1b64ba (7629 posts) -

Funnily enough, I still haven't played P4G yet despite owning it, but I'll say this: FE:A didn't cost me $80 to get JP voiceovers. >:\

Avatar image for charizard1605
#24 Edited by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@DocSanchez said:

@charizard1605: Went for that platinum trophy. 3 playthroughs, and I didn't regret it.

I'm still working on that, lol. The Rise Trophy is a bitch to get!

Avatar image for kingjazziephiz
#25 Edited by kingjazziephiz (2650 posts) -

I love them both equally

Avatar image for remiks00
#26 Posted by remiks00 (3797 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Oh by the way, there's only one right answer to this question, and it's not Fire Emblem.

Why did you do this? lol, this is a tough Poll.

Avatar image for Blabadon
#27 Edited by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

@charizard1605: Right? **** that trophy.

Avatar image for PhazonBlazer
#28 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

Well, only one of them is on a good system. So I'm going with that one.

Plus, lolPersona4. Made by a buncha weeboos.

Why can't they make an American game like Fire Emblem?

Avatar image for inb4uall
#29 Edited by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

lel weeboos.

Avatar image for Kaze_no_Mirai
#30 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11763 posts) -

I thought Persona 4 was amazing but waaaay too cheesy. I don't really think I can choose between the too either way.

Avatar image for GreySeal9
#31 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

Hard to beat Persona 4, but a port of a PS2 game is nothing to brag about (had to get my anti-Vita shots in).

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#32 Edited by darkspineslayer (22399 posts) -

Has TC ever made an interesting thread?

Avatar image for perfect_blue
#33 Posted by Perfect_Blue (30668 posts) -

Fire Emblem because it's not Baby Weeaboo's First SMT.

Avatar image for Ballroompirate
#34 Posted by Ballroompirate (25962 posts) -

Seriously you're gonna make me choose between my two fav HH games? :3

Avatar image for freedom01
#35 Edited by freedom01 (3069 posts) -

I'll go with Persona 4 Golden, as much as I enjoyed Fire Emblem Awakening, I've spent more time with P4G.

Avatar image for freedom01
#36 Edited by freedom01 (3069 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

Well, only one of them is on a good system. So I'm going with that one.

Plus, lolPersona4. Made by a buncha weeboos.

Why can't they make an American game like Fire Emblem?

? FIre Emblem is a Japanese game...

Avatar image for finalfantasy94
#37 Edited by finalfantasy94 (27402 posts) -

This is a tough one.In fire emblem I liked the entier cast while P4G rise and yukiko exist.However the rest of the cast is so good it overshadows those 2.Hmmmm.

Avatar image for Bigboi500
#38 Posted by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

It's hard to compare them since they're both in different sub-genres.

Avatar image for jake44
#40 Posted by jake44 (2085 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Fire Emblem Awakening is one of the weaker entries in its own series.

Persona 4 Golden is one of the best JRPGs and even games of all time.

Winner: Dark Souls.

Praise it

Avatar image for Gue1
#41 Edited by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

I swear to god tc already made this thread last year and even though I have never played fire emblem because I hate handhelds Persona 4 it's in a level of its own. There is no comparison. Persona 4 is a truly unique experience, although I prefer the darker tone of the older ones. But when it comes to mechanics and innovation Persona 4 stomps on everything. This game is the complete package with terrific story, characters and graphics too.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#42 Edited by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

I swear to god tc already made this thread last year and even though I have never played fire emblem because I hate handhelds Persona 4 it's in a level of its own. There is no comparison. Persona 4 is a truly unique experience, although I prefer the darker tone of the older ones. But when it comes to mechanics and innovation Persona 4 stomps on everything. This game is the complete package with terrific story, characters and graphics too.

You should play FE:A if you get the chance!

Avatar image for mems_1224
#43 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Gue1 said:

I swear to god tc already made this thread last year and even though I have never played fire emblem because I hate handhelds Persona 4 it's in a level of its own. There is no comparison. Persona 4 is a truly unique experience, although I prefer the darker tone of the older ones. But when it comes to mechanics and innovation Persona 4 stomps on everything. This game is the complete package with terrific story, characters and graphics too.

You should play FE:A if you get the chance!

He would never cheat on Sony like you, you whore.

Avatar image for 93BlackHawk93
#44 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (8508 posts) -

FE:A because I haven't gotten off mah ass to play P4G.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
#45 Edited by jg4xchamp (61470 posts) -

Persona 4 is a better game than Fire Emblem Awakening.

Awakening is fine and all, but it's a whole lot of pussification of things that made Fire Emblem enjoyable in the first place. And the mission variety is just straight up lacking. Forget being up to snuff with the likes of Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, the brilliant Valkyria Chronicles, or something like X-Com Enemy Unknown(Commandy Mcduckyswag>that bitch chrom), it's not even the best fire emblem game. This is not to say it's not a good game, but it's completely outclassed by superior games in it's own franchsie and respective genre.

Persona 4 for my money is in a more elite territory in it's genre in comparison.

Avatar image for LegatoSkyheart
#46 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (29703 posts) -

screw you char as I thought this was more information for Fire Emblem X Shin Megami.

Plus Persona 4 Golden is a better game than Fire Emblem Awakening. (Not saying Fire Emblem Awakening is not worth your time because it is!)

Avatar image for ChubbyGuy40
#47 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26442 posts) -

P4 sounds boring and I love FE:A, so Awakening.

Avatar image for finalfantasy94
#48 Edited by finalfantasy94 (27402 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

I swear to god tc already made this thread last year and even though I have never played fire emblem because I hate handhelds Persona 4 it's in a level of its own. There is no comparison. Persona 4 is a truly unique experience, although I prefer the darker tone of the older ones. But when it comes to mechanics and innovation Persona 4 stomps on everything. This game is the complete package with terrific story, characters and graphics too.

I like P4G as much as the next guy but is it really unique when something like P3 exist.Its basically the same thing it just comes down to which characters and story you enjoyed more.Combat wise both games are just ok at best.Though the rest of what the game offers makes up for it.

Avatar image for Blabadon
#49 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

Someone tell me what's so amazing about Fire Emblem Awakening.

Avatar image for lamprey263
#50 Edited by lamprey263 (35169 posts) -

That's easy, I haven't play The Golden edition of Persona 4, just the PS2 version, and it's way better than Fire Emblem Awakening. And I have Fire Emblem Awakening. The story was okay, I liked the combat animations, the battle mechanics, but it got boring pretty quick, the main campaign has like two dozen battlefield maps and that's it. That's about two dozen points that move the story along. Most of the time playing that game was spent grinding the same small skirmish battlefield maps. There's also DLC which does little or nothing to make the game any better. It's still a good game, not saying I didn't like it, but Persona 4 was far superior to FE:A.