Financial Advisor Doubts Sony's IP Philosophy Touts MSoft's

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kuu2 (10169 posts) -

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/01/19/is-sony-mishandling-its-gaming-studios.aspx

Standout exclusives are key to console contest

There are no doubt several years worth of secret games in development for the next-generation consoles. On the PS4 front, it will be particularly interesting to see what is coming from Sony's prestige developer Naughty Dog Studios. A game in the "Uncharted" series has already been announced, and a sequel to its highly acclaimed The Last of Us is also likely under way. With the PlayStation 4 mounting an early sales lead, it will be interesting to see what effect Microsoft's historically bigger exclusives and the remainder of Nintendo's Wii U slate have on the console console race. Sony has lots of talented studios, but its first year PS4 software lineup seems to lack in potentially explosive triple-A exclusives

Another article demonstrating that the paupers at Sony have no idea what they are doing.

#2 Posted by LJS9502_basic (161764 posts) -

Financial adviser? LOL.

This is sad.

#3 Edited by kuu2 (10169 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: What's sad is that you don't know it can be spelled both ways.......

Sony Fan continues to be the clowns of SW.

You are so desperate for ownage.............

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#4 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Sounds like this could be the start of another embarrassing kuuuuuuuuuuuuuu2 topic.

#5 Posted by LJS9502_basic (161764 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@LJS9502_basic: What's sad is that you don't know it can be spelled both ways.......

I assume that's directed to me. I buy all the consoles fool. I have no allegiance. I decide based on merit. I don't blinding follow a brand and make stupid thread after stupid thread to justify my choice.

Insecure much?

#6 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (16892 posts) -

Your source is one of the worst financial advising website.

#7 Edited by kuu2 (10169 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: You assume????? Your name is on it.........

Stop deflecting and just admit you were wrong about advisor/adviser.

For a guy that is so impartial you sure do run towards pro Sony threads or MSoft bashing threads, I might have to start lumping you in with IgnoranceLauncher with the post you made.

#8 Edited by Shewgenja (18853 posts) -

Financial Advisor Wars.

LOL! You know, in these here parts it's what the gamer thinks that matters. Silly lems and their TV controllers..

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#9 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/01/19/is-sony-mishandling-its-gaming-studios.aspx

There are no doubt several years worth of secret games in development for the next-generation consoles. On the PS4 front, it will be particularly interesting to see what is coming from Sony's prestige developer Naughty Dog Studios. A game in the "Uncharted" series has already been announced, and a sequel to its highly acclaimed The Last of Us is also likely under way. With the PlayStation 4 mounting an early sales lead, it will be interesting to see what effect Microsoft's historically bigger exclusives and the remainder of Nintendo's Wii U slate have on the console console race. Sony has lots of talented studios, but its first year PS4 software lineup seems to lack in potentially explosive triple-A exclusives

Another article demonstrating that the paupers at Sony have no idea what they are doing.

so u want sony do makes rehash after rehash like m$ does? haha no thanks. i like sony takes risks and offers a variety of established ip and great new ip every gen. they offer greater genre diversity than m$ who focus solely on shooters

#10 Edited by LJS9502_basic (161764 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@LJS9502_basic: You assume????? Your name is on it.........

Stop deflecting and just admit you were wrong about advisor/adviser.

For a guy that is so impartial you sure do run towards pro Sony threads or MSoft bashing threads, I might have to start lumping you in with IgnoranceLauncher with the post you made.

I'm not deflecting anything. A financial adviser is NOT an expert in games. Period. He can tell you what seems a good investment...which does not guarantee a damn thing....but he's not an expert. You might as well have told us what your neighbor thinks. This thread sucks.

I don't recall at any point praising Sony in any thread. As for MS.....as a gamer....and one who owns both the Xbox and the Xbox 360...the Xbox One disappoints me. Period. If that gets your panties in a bunch and makes you crawl up in the fetal position, suck your thumb, and cry for mommy....too damn bad. Not everyone has to be brand blind.

#11 Posted by Heil68 (57687 posts) -

I'm calling it right now. PS5 is a go, locked and loaded. Better strap one on TC, it's going to be like dipping your feet in water and grabbing the back of your TV, feeling the gigawatt of SONY awesomeness.

it will offer a barn bursting amount of world class, high scoring exclusives, just like every other SONY console.

Day fucking 1. AWWWWW YEAHHHHHHH

#12 Edited by kuu2 (10169 posts) -

@Shewgenja: Another, 'I am not a Cow but I am', coming into the thread...........

Its ok guys I get it. You would rather plug your ears, stick your head in the sand, and be in denial about Rome burning. This year is going to be very lonely on the PauperStation4 games wise and everyone knows it including analysts. But hey at least you have Blur/Bloom/FogZone, and the soon to be AAe Flopamous Second Fiddle.

#13 Posted by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

Like the website title. You are a fool....

#14 Edited by LJS9502_basic (161764 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Shewgenja: Another, 'I am not a Cow but I am', coming into the thread...........

Its ok guys I get it. You would rather plug your ears, stick your head in the sand, and be in denial about Rome burning. This year is going to be very lonely on the PauperStation4 games wise and everyone knows it including analysts. But hey at least you have Blur/Bloom/FogZone, and the soon to be AAe Flopamous Second Fiddle.

Everyone who disagrees with you is not a "cow". Perhaps because you cannot formulate good arguments and this is all you have as a response that you think it works. But it makes you look a fool.

#16 Posted by kuu2 (10169 posts) -

@Heil68: Love it........... one of my favorite posters in all of SW. At least you bring up good thoughtful posts. Can you teach your Bovine brethren how its done instead of mooing in every thread?????

#17 Posted by LJS9502_basic (161764 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

"Financial Advisor".... is this for real?

It's a kuu2 thread so....

#18 Posted by kuu2 (10169 posts) -

@Desmonic: Yes, because people who actually invest in these companies probably don't know anything about them......... I mean they are only trying to make money on whether or not they perform well. They probably just throw money out the window daily without doing any research on whether they will make any back.

Is this the arguments you people are going to come up with???? Desmonic is not a Cow by the way just an apologist for them.

#19 Posted by Jakandsigz (6341 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

I assume that's directed to me. I buy all the consoles fool. I have no allegiance.

Which means nothing. not saying you do or don't.

but that excuse is dumb and won't work.

#20 Posted by Daious (2315 posts) -

i never thought the fool existed outside yahoo news updates

#21 Edited by LJS9502_basic (161764 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

I assume that's directed to me. I buy all the consoles fool. I have no allegiance.

Which means nothing. not saying you do or don't.

but that excuse is dumb and won't work.

First off the correct word is stupid....not dumb. Second....it does mean something. If anyone is willing to pay the money to purchase consoles.....it's incredibly stupid to think they have an allegiance to another brand.

These stupid names were just created back when the ToU was tight to insult other users while not getting modded. I play games on ALL my consoles. I don't dislike any console I bought. It's bull shit to assume otherwise just because some of you can't afford to buy everything.....therefore, you have a bias.....therefore, to justify your bias....you assume everyone has a bias. Bull shit dude.

#22 Edited by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Desmonic: Yes, because people who actually invest in these companies probably don't know anything about them......... I mean they are only trying to make money on whether or not they perform well. They probably just throw money out the window daily without doing any research on whether they will make any back.

Is this the arguments you people are going to come up with???? Desmonic is not a Cow by the way just an apologist for them.

Was this is a big ploy just to call EVERYONE a cow?

What happened spill your coffee this morning? It's ok what do you want i'll send you one.

#23 Posted by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

Kuu2 meltdown continues...

.... the stress was just to much for him to bare.

#24 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Like usual Microsoft is run by suits and people who know nothing about gaming. While Sony is run by real gamers. That difference is obvious too in their respective fanbases. The xbone is a machine made by non-gamers for non-gamers. That's why they are dangerous to gaming, they can choose to destroy everything because of profit.

#25 Posted by MonsieurX (36675 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Like usual Microsoft is run by suits and people who know nothing about gaming. While Sony is run by real gamers. That difference is obvious too in their respective fanbases. The xbone is a machine made by non-gamers for non-gamers. That's why they are dangerous to gaming, they can choose to destroy everything because of profit.

Your posts are gold.

#26 Edited by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@FragTycoon said:

This.

But hey, his threads make me lol.

#27 Posted by clone01 (26973 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Considering the PS4 has been selling really well, I tend to disagree with your assumptions.

#29 Posted by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@FragTycoon said:

Didn't you know you're a stupid cow now.

#30 Posted by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

fool.com lol...

#31 Edited by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

yeah they don't have an idea of what they are doing, that's why ps3 exclusives destroy xbox 360 exclusives amirite? in quality and quantity.

#32 Posted by LJS9502_basic (161764 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

fool.com lol...

Fits doesn't it?

#33 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lglz1337 said:

fool.com lol...

Fits doesn't it?

lol

#34 Posted by Chutebox (43058 posts) -

Wait, now exclusives are key? Lems need to make up their mind

#35 Edited by Vatusus (7775 posts) -

@kuu2 said:
it will be interesting to see what effect Microsoft's historically bigger exclusives

lolwat?

#36 Posted by Shewgenja (18853 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lglz1337 said:

fool.com lol...

Fits doesn't it?

lol

To be fair, the Motley Fool is a prestigious site. They're allowed to be wrong, though :)

#37 Edited by misterpmedia (6209 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Desmonic said:

"Financial Advisor".... is this for real?

It's a kuu2 thread so....

lol came for this^. Pretty sure Sony's first party have just finished up on last gen right up until the end(TLoU DLC still to come). Most studios now comprise of about 2-3 studios each working on a PS4 game.

"Another article demonstrating that the paupers at Sony have no idea what they are doing."

Why is it doing so well then? Clearly it doesn't need anything 'major' or explosive, it's doing just fine, heh. The gen has only just started ;).

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#38 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

#39 Edited by lamprey263 (34383 posts) -

Sony knows what they're doing, whether that works is another thing, but they listen to what people harp on about wanting. People wanted someone to rival SSB and we got that Playstation Battle Royal game which nobody bought. Now we're hearing people get psyched about the idea of Crash Bandicoot for PS4, which I don't know why it'll just end up being just like Knack.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
#40 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (3708 posts) -

From a financial stand point, then of course Halo is going to kill a game like Puppeteer in sales, but from a gamers stand point I actually like Sony's "for gamers by gamers" mantra, as Heil would say. I'm not saying Puppeteer is better than Halo, but you do need to fill the void in between.

One thing that does often get ignored though, is that last gen Microsoft acquired a fair few big exclusives (or timed) with games like Bioshock, Mass Effect and Left4Dead. Getting third party games like Titanfall and Dead Rising takes some strain off the internal devs to do all the work. If you have the money, then it is a good strategy. It is something Nintendo should look into to fill their third party void.

#41 Edited by clyde46 (49048 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@kuu2 said:

Here's the issue:

Financial advisors look at numbers. They don't look at IP's, much less strategies on how to handle IP's (which admittedly none of the 3 do 100% right).

Financial advisor is just a fancy name for an investor. Let me give you a concrete example: Have you noticed how since around the time Halo 3: ODST released, MS has been pushing a Halo themed product (a show, a spin-off or a main game) every year? It's not solely due to the size of the franchise(which obviously does have a lot to do with it). These "financial advisors" looked at the Halo numbers and just went "Yeah, we need more of that. Like, much more.".

Depending on execution this sort of thing can work really great or really terribly, though usually it leads to extreme franchise fatigue after some years. You can see it starting to happen with CoD, but Guitar Hero is a fantastic example of this "strategy" doing terrible. It's what we as gamers call milking. That's what they like, big annual franchises that sell like crazy; franchises that give them fast and easy money. In the case of companies like MS, Sony and Ninty they care only for how well the company and it's various segments are doing. Even at MS there was talk about letting the Xbox segment go, and over at Sony they wanted to let the electronics segments go too. It's like I said, these guys only see numbers. That goes for every business in which they put money into.

And when it goes badly they, the financial advisors, don't take the heat for it even though they pushed for that path. That is why people are questioning this article, a financial advisor knows how and where to invest, but does not have the first clue about managing several different IP's.

Thankfully neither of 3 go entirely by what they say, otherwise this gen we'd only have Halo, Gears, Uncharted, GT, Mario and Pokemon to play each year, every year.. and likely on iOS/Android only.

Bosh! Done! End of! /Thread.

#42 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

All investors should be worried about anything sony does.

#43 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Poor lems will grasp onto anything these days in a desperate attempt to damage control.

#44 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I'm calling it right now. PS5 is a go, locked and loaded. Better strap one on TC, it's going to be like dipping your feet in water and grabbing the back of your TV, feeling the gigawatt of SONY awesomeness.

it will offer a barn bursting amount of world class, high scoring exclusives, just like every other SONY console.

Day fucking 1. AWWWWW YEAHHHHHHH

Strap one what on? You always say that and I never have a clue wtf it is we should be strapping on.

#45 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Post one thing negative about Sony (especially Sony finance) and cows instantly loser their minds.

I get what he is saying. So far Sony exclusives suck and the rest of the year doesn't look any better.

#46 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

LOLKuu2 thread

#47 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4412 posts) -

@APiranhaAteMyVa:

And while Halo may kill The Puppeteer in sales, the variety from Sony certainly makes up for it. Let's look at the PS2 for a second. Halo was still one of the best selling IP's two gens ago yet Sony sold millions more games than Microsoft. With the exception of the timed exclusive GTA, Gran Turismo and a handful of games that sold 3 to 5 million copies, the vast majority of the PS2 library sold a million copies or less. The console still finished selling 1.5 billion games.

#48 Edited by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

Kuu is under a deep depression after seeing how shitty Titanfall looks. One thing tho, at least Sony has exclusives... something MS can only dream about. What MS call exclusive is buying 30 minutes dlc's lol

#49 Posted by tormentos (26627 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Talk crap about PS4 exclusives the xbox one has non until late 2014..lol

But but Titanofduty will save the xbox,call me when the xbox one get a real good exclusive this year,because Titanfall isn't one.

Drive club and Infamous SS are confirmed for early this year,all the xbox one has is multiplatforms...

#50 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (3755 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@kuu2 said:
it will be interesting to see what effect Microsoft's historically bigger exclusives

lolwat?

I stopped reading right there LMFAO