Finally series X graphics difference shown vs current gen and PC

  • 180 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Avatar image for bluestars
Bluestars

859

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 859 Posts

@gifford38:

Trailer out

Looks shitty for next gen,keep ya crystal ball kid I’ll check YouTube,not some fairground fortune teller

HaH

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
Zero_epyon

14054

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 14054 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Pedro said:

Existing games automatically upgraded on the Series X and with Gears 5 sporting 60FPS instead of 30 fps. If only the PS5 had that option. :(

In just two weeks. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Series X and PS5 only titles.

What's happening in two weeks?

I meant they did all of that in two weeks.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

39181

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#53 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39181 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

I meant they did all of that in two weeks.

Gotcha. Next gen would be more on the gaming experience than the graphical fidelity. I hope devs spend more time making interesting and unique games than pretty versions of existing games.

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
Zero_epyon

14054

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#54 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 14054 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Zero_epyon said:

I meant they did all of that in two weeks.

Gotcha. Next gen would be more on the gaming experience than the graphical fidelity. I hope devs spend more time making interesting and unique games than pretty versions of existing games.

Looks like Sony was thinking about that with the beefier ssd and the 3d audio. Let's see if that means anything later.

Avatar image for navyguy21
navyguy21

15457

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#55 navyguy21  Online
Member since 2003 • 15457 Posts

@Zero_epyon: I wonder how many game developers we have on this board. Not just techies, but people who develop professionally or as a hobby.

I ask because I keep seeing posts about SSD and how it's going to improve performance or make up for TFs, etc.

From my experience, the only things that change from developing for ssd would be expanded texture streaming, less corridors, more enterable buildings, environmental diversity (diversity of textures), and load times. All that providing you have the hardware to render it.

All good things, but people are online talking like this is a difference maker for PS5. It is a difference maker for the industry as a whole. But when it comes to game development, the dynamic between 2.5gb and 5.5Gb/s really only matters if you plan on ALSO streaming uncompressed 3D audio.

You will never be able to saturate NVME throughput during a game simply because you also have to process game logic and physics. MAYBE during loads you can hit that but again, you have to process other things, place objects and NPCs, etc.

Maybe Sony and MS are also throwing those predictive branches on the NVME and using as virtual RAM? There I could see a slight advantage for load times or having a completely open environment, indoor environments included.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

39181

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#56 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39181 Posts

@navyguy21: If developers start making games with no loading in mind then all gaming would benefit because the strategy works for all storage devices. Depending on how well its implemented, it may trivialize the difference even in relation to standard hard-drives.

Avatar image for ivangrozny
IvanGrozny

1047

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#57 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1047 Posts

Trying to spot differences on games released this gen 🤦‍♂️ With the same success you can try to spot differences in retro games.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

16160

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#58 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 16160 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@davillain- said:

I don't see why anyone should be upset with PS5 spec? PS5 is still a formidable next-gen console. Between XSX & PS5, it all comes down to what exclusive games you wanna play.

Edit: No doubt I'll be buying PS5 down the road but not on launch day. I'll wait and see how the console mature enough to warrant a purchase.

Tribalism. They identify with the console because of their insane brand loyalty and the Xbox being strong is as if an enemy of their actually accomplished something they didn't.

Console fanboys are insane.

Might wanna throw the "master race" into the insane basket as well.

No one gets out alive.

Avatar image for boxrekt
BoxRekt

2425

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@Guy_Brohski said:

Was Gears 5 built for Series X from the ground up?

Aaaand THIS is where the shit is funny to me for the fanboys who blindly hype shit they don't understand talking about better graphics on Series X.

Psst, You're not getting any ground up Series X games!

There are going to be NO games built from the ground up on Series X and MS confirmed this already. MS told you you'll not see anything specifically built for that hardware for at least 2 years. That's what I've been saying to this silly board hyping Series X for better graphics but maybe now this shit will sink in.

Xbots and PC fanboys said "scaling" was the answer...well THIS is the result of their precious scaling...

A slightly shiner current gen game that no one would even recognize as "next gen" unless someone specifically told you!

Now we're (lemmings) back to hoping and praying 3rd parties do MS's job for them. Ironically this board also states that 3rd party are going to support current gen for 2 or 3 more years (the same thing MS is doing) so where are the graphically superior Series X games supposed to come from? Magic? The Tflop fairy?

I guess 3rd parties are supposed to go out their way to make "ground up" Series X games look 10% better than PS5 counterparts? Yeah, you can forget about that.

MS development philosophy (and one that's blindly hyped by it's fanbase) is PLAY ANYWHERE is it not? So NO game MS makes in the forseeable future is going to a ground up Series X product. MS wants to support, OG Xbox, PC, x cloud, xbox 1 S, xbox 1 X and Series X ect.

Xbox fans try to praise this idiotic development philosophy MS has but NOW can't escape it's crippling drawback for next gen game development, you can't optimize a any specific hardware trying to make a game that plays on everything, in fact you're forced to target the weakest hardware as a base to ensure playability on all systems.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

55677

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#60 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 55677 Posts

@boxrekt: As others have said, Gears 5 locks 4K/60 on XSX, as well as running PC "Ultra" preset.

Dude, you need to stop your meltdowns.

Avatar image for xantufrog
xantufrog

12604

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#61 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 12604 Posts

It's eerie how similar these arguments are to the PS4>>>>>>X1 arguments from the start of the last round of the Eternal Struggle

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

39181

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#62 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39181 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@Guy_Brohski said:

Was Gears 5 built for Series X from the ground up?

Aaaand THIS is where the shit is funny to me for the fanboys who blindly hype shit they don't understand talking about better graphics on Series X.

Psst, You're not getting any ground up Series X games!

There are going to be NO games built from the ground up on Series X and MS confirmed this already. MS told you you'll not see anything specifically built for that hardware for at least 2 years. That's what I've been saying to this silly board hyping Series X for better graphics but maybe now this shit will sink in.

Xbots and PC fanboys said "scaling" was the answer...well THIS is the result of their precious scaling...

A slightly shiner current gen game that no one would even recognize as "next gen" unless someone specifically told you!

Now we're (lemmings) back to hoping and praying 3rd parties do MS's job for them. Ironically this board also states that 3rd party are going to support current gen for 2 or 3 more years (the same thing MS is doing) so where are the graphically superior Series X games supposed to come from? Magic? The Tflop fairy?

I guess 3rd parties are supposed to go out their way to make "ground up" Series X games look 10% better than PS5 counterparts? Yeah, you can forget about that.

MS development philosophy (and one that's blindly hyped by it's fanbase) is PLAY ANYWHERE is it not? So NO game MS makes in the forseeable future is going to a ground up Series X product. MS wants to support, OG Xbox, PC, x cloud, xbox 1 S, xbox 1 X and Series X ect.

Xbox fans try to praise this idiotic development philosophy MS has but NOW can't escape it's crippling drawback for next gen game development, you can't optimize a any specific hardware trying to make a game that plays on everything, in fact you're forced to target the weakest hardware as a base to ensure playability on all systems.

Your ignorance is a delight to read. There would be games that would specifically take advantage of the Series X in the same manner games like Control, Metro Exodus and Battlefield specifically take advantage of ray tracing. Your inability to grasp that continues to make your meltdown even more of a joy to read. Also, just like I had to explain to another person, there are NO games being made for ANY platform from the "ground up". You are living in a distant past. Time to live in the real world. :)

Avatar image for dagubot
Dagubot

211

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#63 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 211 Posts

@Pedro said:
@boxrekt said:
@Guy_Brohski said:

Was Gears 5 built for Series X from the ground up?

Aaaand THIS is where the shit is funny to me for the fanboys who blindly hype shit they don't understand talking about better graphics on Series X.

Psst, You're not getting any ground up Series X games!

There are going to be NO games built from the ground up on Series X and MS confirmed this already. MS told you you'll not see anything specifically built for that hardware for at least 2 years. That's what I've been saying to this silly board hyping Series X for better graphics but maybe now this shit will sink in.

Xbots and PC fanboys said "scaling" was the answer...well THIS is the result of their precious scaling...

A slightly shiner current gen game that no one would even recognize as "next gen" unless someone specifically told you!

Now we're (lemmings) back to hoping and praying 3rd parties do MS's job for them. Ironically this board also states that 3rd party are going to support current gen for 2 or 3 more years (the same thing MS is doing) so where are the graphically superior Series X games supposed to come from? Magic? The Tflop fairy?

I guess 3rd parties are supposed to go out their way to make "ground up" Series X games look 10% better than PS5 counterparts? Yeah, you can forget about that.

MS development philosophy (and one that's blindly hyped by it's fanbase) is PLAY ANYWHERE is it not? So NO game MS makes in the forseeable future is going to a ground up Series X product. MS wants to support, OG Xbox, PC, x cloud, xbox 1 S, xbox 1 X and Series X ect.

Xbox fans try to praise this idiotic development philosophy MS has but NOW can't escape it's crippling drawback for next gen game development, you can't optimize a any specific hardware trying to make a game that plays on everything, in fact you're forced to target the weakest hardware as a base to ensure playability on all systems.

Your ignorance is a delight to read. There would be games that would specifically take advantage of the Series X in the same manner games like Control, Metro Exodus and Battlefield specifically take advantage of ray tracing. Your inability to grasp that continues to make your meltdown even more of a joy to read. Also, just like I had to explain to another person, there are NO games being made for ANY platform from the "ground up". You are living in a distant past. Time to live in the real world. :)

Box is so stupid...lmao.

Avatar image for boxrekt
BoxRekt

2425

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Juub1990 said:

@Pedro: Yeah. Was expecting Bloodborne to run much better on boost mode but it’s still kinda shit.

As for the thread, OP lost it. Xbox being more powerful than PS5 broke him lol.

I don't see why anyone should be upset with PS5 spec? PS5 is still a formidable next-gen console. Between XSX & PS5, it all comes down to what exclusive games you wanna play.

Edit: No doubt I'll be buying PS5 down the road but not on launch day. I'll wait and see how the console mature enough to warrant a purchase.

No one is, "upset". Posters on this site apparently get mad when someone presents arguments and opinions that don't line up with theirs and they project their self made delusional rebuttals in response.

Everything I have said I've supported with sources and logical opinions. The people responding with brain dead rebuttals that don't even attempt to challenge the heart the actual argument I'm making are the ones that seem to be emotional and "upset".

I ALWAYS knew it would end up like this if the consoles were anywhere close in capability.

FACT: MS's development philosophy is PLAY ANYWERE

FACT: MS confirmed they will be no Series X "exclusives" for up to 2 years.

FACT: Cross-gen game development WILL be supported by 3rd party devs for a few years.

FACT: Unless MS or a 3rd party makes a Series X EXCLUSIVE you will NOT see a graphical advantage in any 3rd party or even MS developed title next gen: For any questions refer to Gears 5 on X1X vs Series X a 6Tflop GCN console compared to a 12Tflop RDNA console.

Nuff said.

These are all fact that support my opinion. Fanboys are getting butthurt because of the fact that Series X slight Tflop advantage isn't going to amount to anything in real world games that people *see*.

I enjoy seeing you lot get upset when I point out FACTS that you people only respond to with projection and illogical self made nonsense.

I know PC and xbox fanboys hate exclusives, ironically exclusives would be the only thing that would make you guys hype for Series X a reality against PS5 mud stomping MS even worse than they have this gen with their graphical impressive games.

Avatar image for fileman3
fileman3

367

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#65 fileman3
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts

I actually read the high end RDNA 2 PC cards that come out this year may max out at 20+ TFs in performance

which blows both consoles out of the water making a lot of this moot

Avatar image for BlackShirt20
BlackShirt20

1643

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#66 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 1643 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@davillain- said:
@Juub1990 said:

@Pedro: Yeah. Was expecting Bloodborne to run much better on boost mode but it’s still kinda shit.

As for the thread, OP lost it. Xbox being more powerful than PS5 broke him lol.

I don't see why anyone should be upset with PS5 spec? PS5 is still a formidable next-gen console. Between XSX & PS5, it all comes down to what exclusive games you wanna play.

Edit: No doubt I'll be buying PS5 down the road but not on launch day. I'll wait and see how the console mature enough to warrant a purchase.

No one is, "upset". Posters on this site apparently get mad when someone presents arguments and opinions that don't line up with their and they project their self made delusional rebuttals in response.

Everything I have said I've supported with sources and logical opinions. The people responding with brain dead rebuttals that don't even attempt to challenge the heart the actual argument I'm making are the ones that seem to be emotional and "upset".

I ALWAYS knew it would end up like this if the consoles were anywhere close in capability.

FACT: MS's development philosophy is PLAY ANYWERE

FACT: MS confirmed they will be no Series X "exclusives" for up to 2 years.

FACT: Cross-gen game development WILL be supported by 3rd party devs for a few years.

FACT: Unless MS or a 3rd party makes a Series X EXCLUSIVE you will NOT see a graphical advantage in any 3rd party or even MS developed title next gen: For any questions refer to Gears 5 on X1X vs Series X a 6Tflop GCN console compared to a 12Tflop RDNA console.

Nuff said.

These are all fact that support my opinion. Fanboys are getting butthurt because of the fact that Series X slight Tflop advantage is going to amount to nothing in real world games that people *see*.

I enjoy seeing you lot get upset when I point out FACTS that other only respond to with projection and self made fanboy fantasies.

I know PC and xbox fanboys hate exclusives, ironically exclusives would be the only thing that would make you guys hype for Series X a reality against PS5 mud stomping MS even worse than they have this gen with their graphical impressive games.

Box, you're entire argument is so incredibly stupid it’s painful.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
MonsieurX

39477

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#67 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39477 Posts

Poor boxrekt

Avatar image for ronvalencia
ronvalencia

29612

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#68  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@boxrekt: From 4K screen. At fullscreen 4K youtube video... there are compression artifacts.

Cloud game-streaming = "compressed pixels" , it's not "pristine pixels" (to quote DF).

XBO version is blurry (vaseline).

Avatar image for Black96Z
Black96Z

875

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#69 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts

@boxrekt: "I guess 3rd parties are supposed to go out their way to make "ground up" Series X games look 10% better than PS5 counterparts? Yeah, you can forget about that."

Why would a 3rd party have to make a game from the ground up to look better then the PS5? They dont even do that with X1X witch has been proven games can look and run a little better.

Yes M$ said there wouldnt be any xsx exclusives for 2 years but didnt they also say that the X1 would not hold back the XSX?

Avatar image for boxrekt
BoxRekt

2425

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@xantufrog said:

It's eerie how similar these arguments are to the PS4>>>>>>X1 arguments from the start of the last round of the Eternal Struggle

Ironically, the major difference between PS4 and X1 were Sony 1st party exclusives.

True there were a few really crappy X1 ports but for the vast majority of 3rd party multiplat games the biggest difference was the resolution disparity.

This was with a 40% performance advantage for PS4.

Even with that advantage, outside of resolution, the actual graphics and fps for most titles was the same for 95% of games.

The main reason for the differences in 3rd party games this gen wasn't because the Xbox 1 was "weaker than PS4" (a fanboy misconception) it's because Xbox 1 was too weak to achieve 1080p 30fps using standard graphics effects used this generation.

"IF" X1 was just powerful enough to do 1080p at 30fps (the current gen standard) then there would be virtually no difference in 3rd party multiplat games. PS4's power advantage over X1 would not give 3rd parties an incentive to do MORE on PS4 just because it had more power to show what ever other % advantage it might have...that's a 1st party job.

The standard next gen looks to be 4k 60fps. If PS5 can meet this bar, good luck on those "graphically superior" Series X games.

it's funny because people on this board made fun of PS4 Pro for being a half step and "not worth an upgrade" over PS4 but fact is it's actually over 100% more powerful than base PS4

So why did it only have these kinds of results?

Because it was relying on game is not specifically designed to take advantage of it's power, THIS is the type of result you're going to get and Series X advantage is less than 20% raw power advantage over PS5

THIS is why true NEXT GEN game development is important...something I've tried to explain to PC and xbox fans who argue "bu but scaling" but maybe now it's sinking in!

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

39181

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#71 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39181 Posts

@boxrekt said:

FACT: Unless MS or a 3rd party makes a Series X EXCLUSIVE you will NOT see a graphical advantage in any 3rd party or even MS developed title next gen: For any questions refer to Gears 5 on X1X vs Series X a 6Tflop GCN console compared to a 12Tflop RDNA console.

The only thing factual about that statement is that its factually wrong. What's interesting is that you are using an enhanced version of an existing game to make your point. Why don't you talk about Hellblade 2 running on the Series X? :)

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

39181

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#72 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39181 Posts
@fileman3 said:

I actually read the high end RDNA 2 PC cards that come out this year may max out at 20+ TFs in performance

which blows both consoles out of the water making a lot of this moot

Where did you read this?

Avatar image for ronvalencia
ronvalencia

29612

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#73  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@xantufrog said:

It's eerie how similar these arguments are to the PS4>>>>>>X1 arguments from the start of the last round of the Eternal Struggle

Ironically, the major difference between PS4 and X1 were Sony 1st party exclusives.

True there were a few really crappy X1 ports but for the vast majority of 3rd party multiplat games the biggest difference was the resolution disparity.

This was with a 40% performance advantage for PS4.

Even with that advantage, outside of resolution, the actual graphics and fps for most titles was the same for 95% of games.

The main reason for the differences in 3rd party games this gen wasn't because the Xbox 1 was "weaker than PS4" (a fanboy misconception) it's because Xbox 1 was too weak to achieve 1080p 30fps using standard graphics effects used this generation.

"IF" X1 was just powerful enough to do 1080p at 30fps (the current gen standard) then there would be virtually no difference in 3rd party multiplat games. PS4's power advantage over X1 would not give 3rd parties an incentive to do MORE on PS4 just because it had more power to show what ever other % advantage it might have...that's a 1st party job.

it's funny because people on this board made fun of PS4 Pro for being a half step and "not worth an upgrade" over PS4 but fact is it's actually over 100% more powerful than base PS4

So why did it only have these kinds of results?

Because it was relying on game is not specifically designed to take advantage of it's power, THIS is the type of result you're going to get and Series X advantage is less than 20%.

THIS is why true NEXT GEN game development is important...something I've tried to explain to PC and xbox fans who argue "bu but scaling" but maybe now it's sinking in!

For 4K resolution display, texture resolution has to scale with the higher resolution grid.

Running emulated PS3 games at 4K resolution has 4K resolution geometry with crap textures.

Avatar image for boxrekt
BoxRekt

2425

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#74 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@BlackShirt20 said:
@boxrekt said:
@davillain- said:
@Juub1990 said:

@Pedro: Yeah. Was expecting Bloodborne to run much better on boost mode but it’s still kinda shit.

As for the thread, OP lost it. Xbox being more powerful than PS5 broke him lol.

I don't see why anyone should be upset with PS5 spec? PS5 is still a formidable next-gen console. Between XSX & PS5, it all comes down to what exclusive games you wanna play.

Edit: No doubt I'll be buying PS5 down the road but not on launch day. I'll wait and see how the console mature enough to warrant a purchase.

No one is, "upset". Posters on this site apparently get mad when someone presents arguments and opinions that don't line up with their and they project their self made delusional rebuttals in response.

Everything I have said I've supported with sources and logical opinions. The people responding with brain dead rebuttals that don't even attempt to challenge the heart the actual argument I'm making are the ones that seem to be emotional and "upset".

I ALWAYS knew it would end up like this if the consoles were anywhere close in capability.

FACT: MS's development philosophy is PLAY ANYWERE

FACT: MS confirmed they will be no Series X "exclusives" for up to 2 years.

FACT: Cross-gen game development WILL be supported by 3rd party devs for a few years.

FACT: Unless MS or a 3rd party makes a Series X EXCLUSIVE you will NOT see a graphical advantage in any 3rd party or even MS developed title next gen: For any questions refer to Gears 5 on X1X vs Series X a 6Tflop GCN console compared to a 12Tflop RDNA console.

Nuff said.

These are all fact that support my opinion. Fanboys are getting butthurt because of the fact that Series X slight Tflop advantage is going to amount to nothing in real world games that people *see*.

I enjoy seeing you lot get upset when I point out FACTS that other only respond to with projection and self made fanboy fantasies.

I know PC and xbox fanboys hate exclusives, ironically exclusives would be the only thing that would make you guys hype for Series X a reality against PS5 mud stomping MS even worse than they have this gen with their graphical impressive games.

Box, you're entire argument is so incredibly stupid it’s painful.

Interesting, please go on....

Avatar image for boxrekt
BoxRekt

2425

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#75 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@dagubot said:
@Pedro said:
@boxrekt said:
@Guy_Brohski said:

Was Gears 5 built for Series X from the ground up?

Aaaand THIS is where the shit is funny to me for the fanboys who blindly hype shit they don't understand talking about better graphics on Series X.

Psst, You're not getting any ground up Series X games!

There are going to be NO games built from the ground up on Series X and MS confirmed this already. MS told you you'll not see anything specifically built for that hardware for at least 2 years. That's what I've been saying to this silly board hyping Series X for better graphics but maybe now this shit will sink in.

Xbots and PC fanboys said "scaling" was the answer...well THIS is the result of their precious scaling...

A slightly shiner current gen game that no one would even recognize as "next gen" unless someone specifically told you!

Now we're (lemmings) back to hoping and praying 3rd parties do MS's job for them. Ironically this board also states that 3rd party are going to support current gen for 2 or 3 more years (the same thing MS is doing) so where are the graphically superior Series X games supposed to come from? Magic? The Tflop fairy?

I guess 3rd parties are supposed to go out their way to make "ground up" Series X games look 10% better than PS5 counterparts? Yeah, you can forget about that.

MS development philosophy (and one that's blindly hyped by it's fanbase) is PLAY ANYWHERE is it not? So NO game MS makes in the forseeable future is going to a ground up Series X product. MS wants to support, OG Xbox, PC, x cloud, xbox 1 S, xbox 1 X and Series X ect.

Xbox fans try to praise this idiotic development philosophy MS has but NOW can't escape it's crippling drawback for next gen game development, you can't optimize a any specific hardware trying to make a game that plays on everything, in fact you're forced to target the weakest hardware as a base to ensure playability on all systems.

Your ignorance is a delight to read. There would be games that would specifically take advantage of the Series X in the same manner games like Control, Metro Exodus and Battlefield specifically take advantage of ray tracing. Your inability to grasp that continues to make your meltdown even more of a joy to read. Also, just like I had to explain to another person, there are NO games being made for ANY platform from the "ground up". You are living in a distant past. Time to live in the real world. :)

Box is so stupid...lmao.

Thought provoking rebuttal. I can see you thought long and hard about that one, your mother would be proud.

Avatar image for ermacness
ermacness

8317

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#76 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 8317 Posts

@Pedro:

Did you have to really bring the ps5 in this discussion? Does the ps5 invoke that much fear in you? So, I guess ps fans can retort with either:

A. With all of that "12 TF" of power, they choose a game that was barely even (if even) considered one of the best looking games of last gen.

B. The ps family always wowed the industry with visuals. With the talent that backing Sony's 1st party studios, I'm willing that they have a game that will once again wow the industry to the point where Gears 5 visuals will be laughable at best.

Take your pick..

Avatar image for BlackShirt20
BlackShirt20

1643

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#77 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 1643 Posts

@boxrekt: I’m not going to write a long essay.

However, long story short everything you said is wrong. You are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole based off your opinion.

Just know all games being developed on Xbox, are developed with and around Xbox Series X as their priority. Not Xbox One. Which is why Halo was delayed, which is why when they announced Hellblade 2 they showed the engine running on Xbox Series X.

Avatar image for xantufrog
xantufrog

12604

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#78 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 12604 Posts

@boxrekt: It's true, I really think it's more about the games.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
ronvalencia

29612

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#79  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Livecommander said:
@Pedro said:

What? That is not how things work man. The highest priority for any game varies from game to game. Some game relies on just pure fidelity, others framerate, others might be seamlessness etc. These machines would allow for developer to prioritize the system for their game. This is not something new. Its standard practice. If you think that the Series X will never show what its truly capable of then you are unfortunately ignorant of the tech and still believe in secret sauce. In the meantime trivialize this

Loading Video...

Lol is that suppose to be an in game cut scence ? or an isolated game engine rendering for trailer purposes ?

Looks like regular low cap for high spec game engine rendering to me.

Wait until there is a continuous gameplay to cut scence shoot before trying to impress ps owners.

The last of us 2 looks just as good IN GAME.

But i guess that didnt come out yet either

Senua's Saga:Hellblade II Xbox video was a late build Unreal Engine 4 powered game shown for XSX.

---

The following game is another late build Unreal Engine 4 powered game for PS5

Loading Video...

Title: Godfall from Counterplay Games/Gearbox Software

The first-ever confirmed footage of a PlayStation 5 game was unveiled at The Game Awards, and it’s built with Unreal

Statement from https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/senua-s-saga-hellblade-ii-highlights-long-list-of-unreal-engine-titles-at-the-game-awards-2019

Godfall from Counterplay Games/Gearbox Software's youtube resolution is 4K

Avatar image for phbz
phbz

5652

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#80 phbz
Member since 2009 • 5652 Posts

Not as impressive as the PS5 logo or that Cerny presentation. I swear to god he looked almost human. I doubt that without Sony's SSD that would be possible.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

39181

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#81 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39181 Posts

@ermacness said:

@Pedro:

Did you have to really bring the ps5 in this discussion? Does the ps5 invoke that much fear in you? So, I guess ps fans can retort with either:

Yep! Because the PS5 wouldn't be uprezing older gamers yet you have OP speaking as if Gears 5 running better on the Series X at double frame rate as a negative. Besides that how can someone be fearful of the PS5?

A. With all of that "12 TF" of power, they choose a game that was barely even (if even) considered one of the best looking games of last gen.

B. The ps family always wowed the industry with visuals. With the talent that backing Sony's 1st party studios, I'm willing that they have a game that will once again wow the industry to the point where Gears 5 visuals will be laughable at best.

Take your pick..

Neither because NO-ONE on this forum is fearful of the PS5. But I see you and a very very select few are part of the PS5 damage control team. Keep up the good work. ;)

Avatar image for latech84
LAtech84

183

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#82  Edited By LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 183 Posts

@Pedro said:
@fileman3 said:

I actually read the high end RDNA 2 PC cards that come out this year may max out at 20+ TFs in performance

which blows both consoles out of the water making a lot of this moot

Where did you read this?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, as I am really into PC hardware and try to read up as much as I can and I have not read anything about 20+ TFs AMD cards anywhere I have seen.

Avatar image for tomalevine
TomaLevine

444

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#83 TomaLevine
Member since 2019 • 444 Posts

Xbox Series x looks better than PC. Console master race incoming

Avatar image for MonsieurX
MonsieurX

39477

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#84 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39477 Posts

@tomalevine said:

Xbox Series x looks better than PC. Console master race incoming

lol....right

Avatar image for latech84
LAtech84

183

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#85 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 183 Posts

@tomalevine said:

Xbox Series x looks better than PC. Console master race incoming

They added in some extra stuff that is not in the current PC version that makes it look better, they can and most likely will add that stuff to the PC version with a patch by the time it releases and also the master race thing is stupid in general PC or console.

Avatar image for fedor
Fedor

6496

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#86 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 6496 Posts

@latech84 said:
@Pedro said:
@fileman3 said:

I actually read the high end RDNA 2 PC cards that come out this year may max out at 20+ TFs in performance

which blows both consoles out of the water making a lot of this moot

Where did you read this?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, as I am really into PC hardware and try to read up as much as I can and I have not read anything about 20+ TFs AMD cards anywhere I have seen.

He's talking about the big navi hynix leaks.

https://wccftech.com/amd-next-gen-flagship-radeon-rx-navi-gpu-specs-leak-5120-cores-24-gb-memory/

Which Hynix denied that they are real, but they kind of have to say that so not a whole lot of people believe them.

Avatar image for latech84
LAtech84

183

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#87 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 183 Posts

@fedor said:
@latech84 said:
@Pedro said:
@fileman3 said:

I actually read the high end RDNA 2 PC cards that come out this year may max out at 20+ TFs in performance

which blows both consoles out of the water making a lot of this moot

Where did you read this?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, as I am really into PC hardware and try to read up as much as I can and I have not read anything about 20+ TFs AMD cards anywhere I have seen.

He's talking about the big navi hynix leaks.

https://wccftech.com/amd-next-gen-flagship-radeon-rx-navi-gpu-specs-leak-5120-cores-24-gb-memory/

Which Hynix denied that they are real, but they kind of have to say that so not a whole lot of people believe them.

Thanks, I had not run across that yet. That would be awesome if true, but I don't know how likely it is.

Avatar image for fedor
Fedor

6496

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#88 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 6496 Posts

@latech84: I doubt we'll see 20TF/24GB consumer GPUs, but 18TF/16GB is certainly within the realm of possibility.

Avatar image for latech84
LAtech84

183

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#89 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 183 Posts

@fedor said:

@latech84: I doubt we'll see 20TF/24GB consumer GPUs, but 18TF/16GB is certainly within the realm of possibility.

Yes I think so as well,that sounds about right. It is without question going to be a very exciting time for PC Graphics cards from both AMD and NVIDIA in the near future.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

35913

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#90 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 35913 Posts

Cows have the best backfires. lolol :P

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

30939

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#91 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 30939 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

@Zero_epyon: I wonder how many game developers we have on this board. Not just techies, but people who develop professionally or as a hobby.

I ask because I keep seeing posts about SSD and how it's going to improve performance or make up for TFs, etc.

From my experience, the only things that change from developing for ssd would be expanded texture streaming, less corridors, more enterable buildings, environmental diversity (diversity of textures), and load times. All that providing you have the hardware to render it.

All good things, but people are online talking like this is a difference maker for PS5. It is a difference maker for the industry as a whole. But when it comes to game development, the dynamic between 2.5gb and 5.5Gb/s really only matters if you plan on ALSO streaming uncompressed 3D audio.

You will never be able to saturate NVME throughput during a game simply because you also have to process game logic and physics. MAYBE during loads you can hit that but again, you have to process other things, place objects and NPCs, etc.

Maybe Sony and MS are also throwing those predictive branches on the NVME and using as virtual RAM? There I could see a slight advantage for load times or having a completely open environment, indoor environments included.

The SSD will not increase power,and no one should say that.

Well that is because before the PS5 no SSD was moving so much data so fast,and you are thinking PC developers on PC can't simple developer a game to just take advantage of the fasted SSD and nothing more,because the PC space is saturated by different speeds hdd and ssd.

On PS5 all ssd will be as fast so you don't need to think about how one PS perform vs the other.

The slight advantage you are talking could be loading twice as fast or more.

@BlackShirt20 said:

@boxrekt: I’m not going to write a long essay.

However, long story short everything you said is wrong. You are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole based off your opinion.

Just know all games being developed on Xbox, are developed with and around Xbox Series X as their priority. Not Xbox One. Which is why Halo was delayed, which is why when they announced Hellblade 2 they showed the engine running on Xbox Series X.

This is bullfshit in fact Halo infinite begin development before there even was a damn series X dev kit.

Games are make for the lower common denominator,because it is easier to just rise the settings and pump power,than take advantage of the strongest hardware,then learning while scaling down that no matter how much you downgrade you end with a shitty performing game.

12TF vs 1.3TF man is a HUGE ass gap.

Pleople may say is not 12 times,but i would say it is because RDNA2 > GNC even more sea island which is gcn 1.1,so that xbox series X is like 12 times stronger than the XBO because a 1TF RDNA2 without problems would outperform a 1.3 GNC.

So please stop making shitty arguments in fact as of now the xbox series X has no exclusives,and about the only game i have seen that look next gen is Hellblade 2 which they showed nothing but a damn video which they claim was running on in engine,with basically no gameplay.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
ronvalencia

29612

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#92  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tomalevine said:

Xbox Series x looks better than PC. Console master race incoming

"DirectX 12 Ultimate" API improvements are applicable for incoming Windows 10 version 2004 update with RTX and PC RDNA 2 GPUs, and Xbox Series X.

My point, Xbox Series X's "DirectX 12 Ultimate" API related game optimizations are applicable for PC's RTX GPUs.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
ronvalencia

29612

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#93  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:
@BlackShirt20 said:

@boxrekt: I’m not going to write a long essay.

However, long story short everything you said is wrong. You are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole based off your opinion.

Just know all games being developed on Xbox, are developed with and around Xbox Series X as their priority. Not Xbox One. Which is why Halo was delayed, which is why when they announced Hellblade 2 they showed the engine running on Xbox Series X.

This is bullfshit in fact Halo infinite begin development before there even was a damn series X dev kit.

Games are make for the lower common denominator,because it is easier to just rise the settings and pump power,than take advantage of the strongest hardware,then learning while scaling down that no matter how much you downgrade you end with a shitty performing game.

12TF vs 1.3TF man is a HUGE ass gap.

Pleople may say is not 12 times,but i would say it is because RDNA2 > GNC even more sea island which is gcn 1.1,so that xbox series X is like 12 times stronger than the XBO because a 1TF RDNA2 without problems would outperform a 1.3 GNC.

So please stop making shitty arguments in fact as of now the xbox series X has no exclusives,and about the only game i have seen that look next gen is Hellblade 2 which they showed nothing but a damn video which they claim was running on in engine,with basically no gameplay.

1. Halo Infinite was "1st card citizen" developed on PC workstation with NVIDIA RTX card before AMD's RDNA 2 silicon.

2. Both Windows 10 version 2004 and Xbox Series X shares the same DirectX12 Ultimate API.

There's no major reason for Xbox Series X to be bound by CPU constrained XBO/X1X "DirectX12.X" API variant.

3. RDNA 1, RDNA 2 and Turing GPUs have supports for Shader Model 6's wave32 compute format which GCN does not support natively.

The "DirectX12 Ultimate API" convergence between PC and XSX is also hardware-based with AMD following NVIDIA's RTX lead.

4. Microsoft's GeForce RTX 2080 equipped PC workstation used to compare against XSX for Gears 5 wasn't an accident.

Avatar image for ratchetclank92
RatchetClank92

180

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#94 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 180 Posts

The graphics look all very similar, but to be fair how much better/more realistic do you want them to be? It is a video game after all, not a live action movie.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
ronvalencia

29612

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#95  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
@boxrekt said:

No one is, "upset". Posters on this site apparently get mad when someone presents arguments and opinions that don't line up with theirs and they project their self made delusional rebuttals in response.

Everything I have said I've supported with sources and logical opinions. The people responding with brain dead rebuttals that don't even attempt to challenge the heart the actual argument I'm making are the ones that seem to be emotional and "upset".

I ALWAYS knew it would end up like this if the consoles were anywhere close in capability.

FACT: MS's development philosophy is PLAY ANYWERE

FACT: MS confirmed they will be no Series X "exclusives" for up to 2 years.

FACT: Cross-gen game development WILL be supported by 3rd party devs for a few years.

FACT: Unless MS or a 3rd party makes a Series X EXCLUSIVE you will NOT see a graphical advantage in any 3rd party or even MS developed title next gen: For any questions refer to Gears 5 on X1X vs Series X a 6Tflop GCN console compared to a 12Tflop RDNA console.

Nuff said.

These are all fact that support my opinion. Fanboys are getting butthurt because of the fact that Series X slight Tflop advantage isn't going to amount to anything in real world games that people *see*.

I enjoy seeing you lot get upset when I point out FACTS that you people only respond to with projection and illogical self made nonsense.

I know PC and xbox fanboys hate exclusives, ironically exclusives would be the only thing that would make you guys hype for Series X a reality against PS5 mud stomping MS even worse than they have this gen with their graphical impressive games.

FACT: Most MS games will be Microsoft platform exclusive when both Windows 10 version 2004 for PC and Xbox Series X shares the same "DirectX12 Ultimate" API system.

There's no major reason for Xbox Series X to continue with CPU limited XBO/XSX's DirectX12.X variant when XSX CPU has similar Ryzen 7 3700X 8C/16T at 3.66 Ghz base clock speed.

Actual Ryzen 7 3700X 8C/16T has 3.66 Ghz base clock speed.

XSX has a mass production advantage with fully automated assembly when compared to a gaming PC with similar CPU and GPU specs.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

35913

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#96 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 35913 Posts

Captain Ron, the one man slaughterhouse where all those radical MS/Xbox anti-fans here go to die.

Good stuff. lol :P

Avatar image for Telekill
Telekill

9114

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#97 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 9114 Posts

@Pedro: We actually don't know yet if PS5 will have that option. It was hinted at during the deep dive but far from confirmed. Unfortunately, we still know very little about what PS5 will offer.

Avatar image for ermacness
ermacness

8317

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#98 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 8317 Posts

@Pedro:

You say that NO-ONE is afraid of the ps5, and I'm stuck wondering "since when did I ever say anything about being scared of the ps5 in this thread?" I swear that it sounds suspiciously like you have some type of fear or animosity towards the ps5 for some reason. I don't need to damage control the ps5 in any way, shape or form. Clearly something have you shook about the ps5. Maybe the alluring success if the ps4, despite it being the weaker console out of the 2? I don't know...

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

39181

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#99  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39181 Posts

@ermacness said:

@Pedro:

You say that NO-ONE is afraid of the ps5, and I'm stuck wondering "since when did I ever say anything about being scared of the ps5 in this thread?" I swear that it sounds suspiciously like you have some type of fear or animosity towards the ps5 for some reason. I don't need to damage control the ps5 in any way, shape or form. Clearly something have you shook about the ps5. Maybe the alluring success if the ps4, despite it being the weaker console out of the 2? I don't know...

@Pedro said:
@ermacness said:

@Pedro:

Did you have to really bring the ps5 in this discussion? Does the ps5 invoke that much fear in you? So, I guess ps fans can retort with either:

Yep! Because the PS5 wouldn't be uprezing older gamers yet you have OP speaking as if Gears 5 running better on the Series X at double frame rate as a negative. Besides that how can someone be fearful of the PS5?

A. With all of that "12 TF" of power, they choose a game that was barely even (if even) considered one of the best looking games of last gen.

B. The ps family always wowed the industry with visuals. With the talent that backing Sony's 1st party studios, I'm willing that they have a game that will once again wow the industry to the point where Gears 5 visuals will be laughable at best.

Take your pick..

Neither because NO-ONE on this forum is fearful of the PS5. But I see you and a very very select few are part of the PS5 damage control team. Keep up the good work. ;)

I don't think you have an understanding of the words you actually use. :)

PS: The PS4 launched as the strongest console. ;)

Avatar image for djoffer
djoffer

1856

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#100 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

System war aside, all this shows that maybe it is time for the devs to focus less on graphic and more on gameplay...