Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

Also this is a MS FIRST PARTY title.

The devs should be able to take advantage of more Series X features than other 3rd party devs using multiplats.

Here are the results...

What do you think? Impressed?

Is this the graphical difference what you were expecting? Now that it has 12Tflops of power pushing it, is Gears 5 your new *graphics* king?

Do you think Series X shows a night and day graphical improvement over current gen 6 Tflop GCN X1X?

Personally the biggest difference I *see* between Series X vs X1X and PC versions was the lighting. I could *see* the lighting was different err darker.

Graphically? To me they honestly all looked pretty much just like the original xbox version with better resolution. If X1X, Serise X and PC weren't labled, I would only able to tell the Serise X version by it having the darker shadows but others may disagree.

What do you think about Series X graphics improvement over current gen now that we have a direct comparison of all versions?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BoxRekt

This is from the video...

One is Series X and the other is X1X...

Can anyone point out which is which without checking the video to make sure?

I sure can't without really trying to spot small tiny details. And to think this is 6TF on current gen GCN to 12TF RDNA.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39194 Posts

Existing games automatically upgraded on the Series X and with Gears 5 sporting 60FPS instead of 30 fps. If only the PS5 had that option. :(

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 33742 Posts

@Pedro said:

Existing games automatically upgraded on the Series X. If only the PS5 had that option. :(

+1. I want to insert the PS4 discs of TLOU Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima and play them at 4K/60 on PS5.

If Microsoft can do this, than Sony should to. Don't make us rebuy these games as remasters, dammit!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 35913 Posts

He's got it bad.... soooo bad, he's hot for XseX. lol :P

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 41969 Posts

Despite I played Gears 5 on PC, PC version is still the best but even I can admit, this is honestly an incredible leap in power. Never would have expected it MS to go all out and the fact that 60fps alone is going to be the staple on XSX is what should be the main point. More options for console gamers are really going to be please with this next-gen console. And yes, I know its still up to console developers what they want to do. Depends on if they can/want to put in the work for 60fps or they might try to push graphics as far as they can for sales and willing to let it go 30fps for it.

I had no idea Gears 5 gets the worst version on the base Xbox One. That's a huge disappointment.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BoxRekt

@Pedro said:

Existing games automatically upgraded on the Series X and with Gears 5 sporting 60FPS instead of 30 fps. If only the PS5 had that option. :(

Is that why MS said it took them 2 weeks to get Gears 5 up and running for Series X?

Pedro:

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BoxRekt
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Pedro said:

Existing games automatically upgraded on the Series X. If only the PS5 had that option. :(

+1. I want to insert the PS4 discs of TLOU Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima and play them at 4K/60 on PS5.

If Microsoft can do this, than Sony should to. Don't make us rebuy these games as remasters, dammit!

You're both wrong and it's funny you haven't realized this from what MS them selves have already stated.

They have to go through the same process Sony does to upgrade current gen titles to next gen spec.

Just like with the PS5, current gen Series X games will only run in their *current* form but have improved resolution and framerate *IF* those variables are unlocked in the base game!

All other "upgrades" will have to be coded for the newer systems. Textures, locked 30 sec framerate, locked resolution, raytracing ect. will all have to be patched...that goes for BOTH systems.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online

@boxrekt said:
@Pedro said:

Is that why MS said it took them 2 weeks to get Gears 5 up and running for Series X?

Pedro:

CDPR with Cyberpunk 2077 is also doing it for free as well. Anyone who gets the game on Xbox One/X will get XSX version at no extra cost to the gamer if they choose to buy XSX. And this is all on developers/publishers choice, not MS.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pedro

@boxrekt: You thought wrong.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1238 Posts

@Pedro said:

Did Cerny not say that most ps4 games work on ps5 ? are they not planning on testing out the rest before launch ?

Did Phil say that every Xbox game ever made will bc compatible day 1 ? if so thats cool but nowhere near essential.

judging by the comparison videos lems will have to have a full 360 on their logic while the ps5 ssd makes for better game performances despite having 2 to 10 less fps in certain 3rd party games

Visuals for sure aren't going to be a advantage. Unless ms decides to make a true exclusive for once in 2 gens lol

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 26022 Posts

You think I would buy an xbox series x to play a game I can get on PC? I laugh at the question!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pedro

@Livecommander: I don't think you read my comment correctly. :)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

You think I would buy an xbox series x to play a game I can get on PC? I laugh at the question!

I agree. Its kind of like Horizon Zero Dawn,Death Stranding and Final Fantasy VII.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BoxRekt

@davillain- said:
@boxrekt said:
@Pedro said:

Pedro:

CDPR with Cyberpunk 2077 is also doing it for free as well. Anyone who gets the game on Xbox One/X will get XSX version at no extra cost to the gamer if they choose to buy XSX. And this is all on developers/publishers choice, not MS.

Pretty much goes for any developer who wants to access the features of the new systems outside of just resolution and framerate.

Outside of uncapped framerate and resolution many game do have, the idea that current gen games got automatic next gen upgrades was a pipe dream.

And yes CDPR said they are doing the upgrade for *free*... common sense should tell anyone reading that, that there then MUST BE a cost (I.E. more development, time, man power ect.) to make an upgrade happen.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 30943 Posts

@Pedro:

Actually that is what boost mode is trying to to,don't know if they will accomplish it tho.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BoxRekt

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I agree. Its kind of like Horizon Zero Dawn,Death Stranding and Final Fantasy VII.

Not really people actually want to play those games, so comparing them to the $1 gamepass Gears 5 fodder with dead online is apples to oranges.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro

@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

Actually that is what boost mode is trying to to,don't know if they will accomplish it tho.

Boost mode according to your DF buddies is trash. It was the core disappointment with my PS4 Pro. I was expecting games to run better than the PS4 counterparts but the bastards downclock the system to run at PS4 speeds for games not patched.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 9664 Posts

@Pedro: Yeah. Was expecting Bloodborne to run much better on boost mode but it’s still kinda shit.

As for the thread, OP lost it. Xbox being more powerful than PS5 broke him lol.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BoxRekt

@Pedro said:
@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

Boost mode according to your DF buddies is trash. It was the core disappointment with my PS4 Pro. I was expecting games to run better than the PS4 counterparts but the bastards downclock the system to run at PS4 speeds for games not patched.

Oh Pedro, always spreading false information. How I miss exposing your bullshit...

According to the official Xbox Wire, there were "noticeable improvements" in other areas, including extremely fast load times, and the ability to turn on features like contact shadows and self-shadow lighting on plants and grass. It also states that The Coalition was able to get the demo up and running in just a few weeks.

https://www.gamesradar.com/gears-5-will-be-optimized-for-xbox-series-x-heres-what-it-looks-like-on-the-console/

A few weeks huh?

🤭Anything else?

🤫 L

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pedro

@boxrekt said:

Oh Pedro, always spreading false information. How I miss exposing your bullshit...

According to the official Xbox Wire, there were "noticeable improvements" in other areas, including extremely fast load times, and the ability to turn on features like contact shadows and self-shadow lighting on plants and grass. It also states that The Coalition was able to get the demo up and running in just a few weeks.

https://www.gamesradar.com/gears-5-will-be-optimized-for-xbox-series-x-heres-what-it-looks-like-on-the-console/

A few weeks huh?

🤭Anything else?

🤫 L

Seeing you this distress is absolutely entertaining.

Through the revolutionary new Xbox Velocity Architecture, thousands of games on Xbox One, including Xbox 360 and original Xbox Games, will experience improvements in performance, including improved boot and load times, more stable frame rates, higher resolutions and improved quality on Xbox Series X

Link
Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bluestars  Online
Member since 2019 • 862 Posts

Gears 5(Xbox one x version) looks better than the PS5 warframe clone GOD awFALL

This thread is not shooting yourselve in the foot it’s blowing your own f#%king leg off

HAH

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 211 Posts

Box is taking this pretty hard...he just won't stfu now.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BoxRekt

@bluestars said:

This thread is not shooting yourselve in the foot it’s blowing your own f#%king leg off

HAH

Hey lol...that's pretty good! 🤭 You need to copywrite that one, the other bots are sure to bite that line.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 6512 Posts

Why can't you just live with having the weaker console?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BoxRekt
@dagubot said:

Apparently, neither will you.

If me posting upsets you so much then log TF off dunce.

You're not forced to be in this site, you're not forced to be on this board and you're not forced to inter my thread and cry like a b**** every time you see my user name.

Take your bitching and take it down the road then you wont be so upset.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Was Gears 5 built for Series X from the ground up?

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3150 Posts

who the hell cant spell "enter"

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator  Online

@Juub1990 said:

@Pedro: Yeah. Was expecting Bloodborne to run much better on boost mode but it’s still kinda shit.

As for the thread, OP lost it. Xbox being more powerful than PS5 broke him lol.

I don't see why anyone should be upset with PS5 spec? PS5 is still a formidable next-gen console. Between XSX & PS5, it all comes down to what exclusive games you wanna play.

Edit: No doubt I'll be buying PS5 down the road but not on launch day. I'll wait and see how the console mature enough to warrant a purchase.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 9664 Posts
@davillain- said:

I don't see why anyone should be upset with PS5 spec? PS5 is still a formidable next-gen console. Between XSX & PS5, it all comes down to what exclusive games you wanna play.

Edit: No doubt I'll be buying PS5 down the road but not on launch day. I'll wait and see how the console mature enough to warrant a purchase.

Tribalism. They identify with the console because of their insane brand loyalty and the Xbox being strong is as if an enemy of their actually accomplished something they didn't.

Console fanboys are insane.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Livecommander

@Guy_Brohski: will any game be built for the series x from the ground up ?

I say heck no. It will cost to much and most people only play their games via games pass.

A sales advantage is the only thing that can make ms prented to value exclusives again. And unless somehow it launches cheaper than the ps5 and dont see that happening

Might get a good forza but that's it. Oh and dev's from Sony that ms bought off will finally give some swag as well lol

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 osan0
Member since 2004 • 15753 Posts

@Pedro said:
@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

I thought they added a universal boost mode for the pro though to give all games access to the higher clocked CPU. it still doesn't let them access the extra GPU resources but they can still benefit from the CPU as i understand it.

i remember hearing it only caused a problem in a couple of PS4 games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pedro

@Livecommander said:

You all need to stop with this "ground up" nonsense. NO GAME is being built for ANY system from the "ground up". Have you all been absent for the last 10 years? Consoles are running x86 and the only thing developers would need is to implement the newer hardware features in their game engine. That is all.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7048 Posts

Eh that's not a showcase of the XSX... All it shows is that the XSX can run the same game at 2x the FPS.

A early showcase for the coming consoles will be Cyberpunk 2077... It will destroy current consoles and will run substantially better on newer consoles and will have Ray Tracing/higher settings with a rock solid frame rate.

Cyberpunk 2077 will be what GTA5 was with last generation...

Loading Video...

Games that run well on current hardware are not a good example of a new generation, its the cutting edge games that come out right at the end of a console generation that show the true potential of a new generation.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5720 Posts

@dagubot said:

this is like his third self soothing thread since he came in bragging in the PS5 live stream thread and it backfired on him

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Livecommander

@Pedro said:
@Livecommander said:

You all need to stop with this "ground up" nonsense. NO GAME is being built for ANY system from the "ground up". Have you all been absent for the last 10 years? Consoles are running x86 and the only thing developers would need is to implement the newer hardware features in their game engine. That is all.

When i said ground up i meant highest priority.

MS will have gamepass and 300 dollar pcs in mind all next gen.

The series X will never show what its truly capable of unless they give the Forza or ninja theory devs a no crunch , open wallet project to work on. Which isn't ms style unfortunately.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pedro

@Livecommander said:

The series X will never show what its truly capable of unless they give the Forza or ninja theory devs a no crunch , open wallet project to work on. Which isn't ms style unfortunately.

What? That is not how things work man. The highest priority for any game varies from game to game. Some game relies on just pure fidelity, others framerate, others might be seamlessness etc. These machines would allow for developer to prioritize the system for their game. This is not something new. Its standard practice. If you think that the Series X will never show what its truly capable of then you are unfortunately ignorant of the tech and still believe in secret sauce. In the meantime trivialize this

Loading Video...

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1130 Posts

Really don’t see a big difference between pc and series x except that pc seems to handle lighting and shadows better. One x doesn’t look too bad either just missing some of the detail you see from pc and series x. Not even gonna talk about the one cause it’s 2020 and 720p should not exist at this point.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Livecommander

@Pedro said:
@Livecommander said:

What? That is not how things work man. The highest priority for any game varies from game to game. Some game relies on just pure fidelity, others framerate, others might be seamlessness etc. These machines would allow for developer to prioritize the system for their game. This is not something new. Its standard practice. If you think that the Series X will never show what its truly capable of then you are unfortunately ignorant of the tech and still believe in secret sauce. In the meantime trivialize this

Loading Video...

Lol is that suppose to be an in game cut scence ? or an isolated game engine rendering for trailer purposes ?

Looks like regular low cap for high spec game engine rendering to me.

Wait until there is a continuous gameplay to cut scence shoot before trying to impress ps owners.

The last of us 2 looks just as good IN GAME.

But i guess that didnt come out yet either

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 627 Posts

@bluestars said:

HAH

yeah i'm playing the game right now. ow wait its not out yet. nice crystal ball you have there.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 216

#42 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 14615 Posts

Talk about diminishing returns. There was a time when next-gen graphics actually looked next-gen. Nowadays, next-gen graphics just look like a slightly improved version of current-gen graphics.

fileman3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 fileman3
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts

Was expecting a bigger difference between the gens tbh

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 14062 Posts

@Pedro said:

In just two weeks. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Series X and PS5 only titles.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 17748 Posts

@Zero_epyon: "In just two weeks. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Series X and PS5 only titles."

Didn't Msoft confirmed that XSX will not have exclusives it's 1st 2 years?

@R4gn4r0k: "Don't make us rebuy these games as remasters, dammit!"

lol

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 15457 Posts

@PSP107: From their studios, 3rd parties are free to do what they want. The first year is usually cross gen for both

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 com2006
Member since 2006 • 691 Posts

Frame rate is key to next gen, don’t expect any big graphical leaps

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pedro

@Zero_epyon said:
@Pedro said:

In just two weeks. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Series X and PS5 only titles.

What's happening in two weeks?