Final Fantasy X HD Remaster GS review

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

It got an 8.

The reviewer adored FFX, but seemed to feel that X-2 dragged down the package a bit.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

The Vita continues killing the 3DS in 2014.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

I'm not gonna buy another JRPG that I will play for 6 hours, and never pick up again.

I MIGHT THO

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11230 Posts

So FFX a strong 9 and FFX-2 a weak 7? Sounds spot on to me.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Gameplay-wise, X-2 is an excellent game. It's a shame the rest of the game around it is so shit.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GreySeal9

@Mozelleple112 said:

So FFX a strong 9 and FFX-2 a weak 7? Sounds spot on to me.

I agree that the 8 is justified.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GreySeal9
@foxhound_fox said:

Gameplay-wise, X-2 is an excellent game. It's a shame the rest of the game around it is so shit.

Yeah, it has the best battle system in the series but a very lackluster story and structure.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

I think objectively the review is pretty fair, I can see why X-2 would bring down the score. X is my favorite game (10/10) and I love the remaster, but I also really liked X-2 (currently playing it) despite all the cheesiness. Would tentatively give the overall package a 9 or 9.5

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

I was so happy when this released. Got my limited edition copy and tried it out for a little bit before diving into Second Son. Easily reminded me why this is my favorite game

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

SONY nails it again

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

The downfall of square enix

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

X is awesome, I'd love to replay it. But I own the game and I'm not sure I want to plop down the $40 for HD graphics. I don't own X-2 though, so maybe this is worth it.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Sounds legit.

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts

Lame that X2 brought down the score because Im pretty sure it would still be 39.99 without it. They could have put on superman64 hd for all I care if they are not charging more for it. Pretty sure Ill pick it up sometime.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I think in this instance a number score doesn't really work; I do understand that Final Fantasy X-2 is not as good as X and could be noted in the review, but because they released a disc with 2 games, 1 amazing in quality and 1 very good in quality, instead of 1 game that is amazing, the score is lowered. You could ignore the second game altogether and get your money's worth, especially if you haven't played FFX or are looking to revisit FFX in HD.

Glad to see the HD treatment was handled well though, unlike some HD collections.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@Minishdriveby: exactly, I feel the same way too. X-2 is just bonus, not to mention it's already packed with bonus material such as the interlude story and the X-2 epilogue. They all compliment the original game, not bring it down.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

both of platforms were lumped into the same score...even though one looks and plays like ass?

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Its a really good package if you want to play FFX again, or if your interested in playing the game for the 1st time. I'm 27 hours in to FFX atm, and the game looks great in HD, and I've not been too bothered with some of the new tracks in the game. Will also be playing FFX-2 as I found the battle system to be very fun to play.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

It got an 8.

The reviewer adored FFX, but seemed to feel that X-2 dragged down the package a bit.

I dont get that at all. Its 2 games in 1. Hell you dont even have to play x-2 if you dont want to.So I dont get how it drags everything els down. Hell you can look at it as an extra if he didint care for it that much. Just a heads up I didint like x and wont be buying this I just find the complant ridiculous.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#21 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19493 Posts

This was the last of the great Final Fantasy classics... before Squaresoft became Square Enix.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

And when you consider that Gamespot is bias against JRPGs you can really just add 2 points to this score, so it actually got a 10.

First 10 of this gen! Suck it, lemming scum!

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

What a waste of time putting FFX into HD, should've went with FF12 HD.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GreySeal9

@Ballroompirate said:

FFX is probably more lucrative than FFXII, so even if you don't like FFX, I don't see how it could be a waste of time for SE.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ballroompirate

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

FFX is probably more lucrative than FFXII, so even if you don't like FFX, I don't see how it could be a waste of time for SE.

Considering FFX barely outsold FF12, it was a waste, not to mention Tidus is the most annoying character ever created.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GreySeal9

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Considering FFX barely outsold FF12, it was a waste, not to mention Tidus is the most annoying character ever created.

Who cares if it barely outsold FF12? Outselling is outselling and it is obviously the more popular and talked about title. It makes perfect sense that Square Enix went with the more famous game.

You're still not giving any reason why it's a waste beyond you not liking it, which says absolutely nothing.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

They should have remade Final Fantasy 8 and 9 in HD first, those games destory Final Fantasy 10 and 12

Although Final Fantasy 12 is far better than 10

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ballroompirate

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Who cares if it barely outsold FF12? Outselling is outselling and it is obviously the more popular and talked about title. It makes perfect sense that Squaresoft went with the more famous game.

You're still not giving any reason why it's a waste beyond you not liking it, which says absolutely nothing.

I hate repeating myself cause I say the same shyt in every topic that deals with FF10 since 2005

FF10 sucks not only cause of Tidus with his annoying ass daddy issues, shyt character design and annoying fraking voice, the ending was just like "surprise *** holes" and slaps you in the face. Then the whole Tidus and Yuna thing...I just wanted to throw up in my mouth.

Notice how the series went to shyt right after FF10, it was cause of FF10 and all the tools who blindly bought FF10 as their "first" FF game claiming it's the best FF game after not even playing a fraking FF game before FF10.

What sucks even more is the support cast was actually pretty amazing but having a shyt MC like Tidus, a crappy ending and an annoying love story (that wasn't even good) just left a bad taste in my mouth to the point there was barely anything good about FF10 to make it worth the the HD remaster.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ballroompirate

@Sweenix: You know what sucks is all SE has to do is make a HD version or remake of FF6, FF7, FF9 or even FF12 but no, they went with FF10 and FF10-2. I mean seriously with their mindset we will get a remake of FF13 before we get anything else, it's like "hey let's do the opposite of what our fan base wants". It's like SE doesn't want to make money.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#30  Edited By timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

Seems like a fair score. I'll definitely pick the game up in a month or two. I got too many games to get through right now though.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@Blabadon said:

The Vita continues killing the 3DS in 2014.

Still don't get why they called it the Vita, Playstation PORT-able 2 is much more appropriate.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GreySeal9

@Ballroompirate said:

@Sweenix: You know what sucks is all SE has to do is make a HD version or remake of FF6, FF7, FF9 or even FF12 but no, they went with FF10 and FF10-2. I mean seriously with their mindset we will get a remake of FF13 before we get anything else, it's like "hey let's do the opposite of what our fan base wants". It's like SE doesn't want to make money.

What you want/=/what the fanbase wants.

As I said, FFX is more popular than FFXII, so you really can't attempt to speak for the fanbase on that score.

An FFIV, FFVII, or FFIX HD remake would not be as practical as FFX because they would have to do more work and spend more money.

Also, how do you know that SE is not going to make a sufficient amount of money off of this remaster?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GreySeal9
@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Who cares if it barely outsold FF12? Outselling is outselling and it is obviously the more popular and talked about title. It makes perfect sense that Squaresoft went with the more famous game.

I hate repeating myself cause I say the same shyt in every topic that deals with FF10 since 2005

FF10 sucks not only cause of Tidus with his annoying ass daddy issues, shyt character design and annoying fraking voice, the ending was just like "surprise *** holes" and slaps you in the face. Then the whole Tidus and Yuna thing...I just wanted to throw up in my mouth.

Notice how the series went to shyt right after FF10, it was cause of FF10 and all the tools who blindly bought FF10 as their "first" FF game claiming it's the best FF game after not even playing a fraking FF game before FF10.

What sucks even more is the support cast was actually pretty amazing but having a shyt MC like Tidus, a crappy ending and an annoying love story (that wasn't even good) just left a bad taste in my mouth to the point there was barely anything good about FF10 to make it worth the the HD remaster.

I get it. You don't like the game. As I said, that you don't like it doesn't mean that it was "a waste" for Square Enix to remaster FFX. It makes more sense for them to remaster FFX than FFXII because FFX is more popular. Your personal tastes don't change that.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

How is FFX being remade in HD over FFXII more of a waste from a BUSINESS perspective, not a PERSONAL perspective, is what I believe Greyseal was getting at.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GreySeal9

@DJ-Lafleur said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

How is FFX being remade in HD over FFXII more of a waste from a BUSINESS perspective, not a PERSONAL perspective, is what I believe Greyseal was getting at.

Exactly. If one wants to talk about a waste of resources, simply saying "it was a waste cause I don't like it" doesn't really cut it.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Worth it for X alone. X2 is a nice little extra.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

FFX is astounding, and it looks amazing on the Vita. I personally loved FFX-2, so I'm excited to get to that one after I log 100+ hours on FFX.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@yokofox33: It does look great. A lot of work has gone into this one.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

X is one of the best rpgs on the ps2 if not the best and my fourth favorite ff game.

It deserves a 9 at least.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178831 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

Trolling?

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

At least FFX has a main character...

I honestly don't get the Tidus hate, I didn't find him annoying and found him to be a pretty realistic character that actually has human traits. The awkward laugh scene everyone uses as evidence was made to be awkward. It's the same in the Japanese version too (it's actually even weirder lol). I'm still waiting on my HD copy to come in (the one amazon shipped me was damaged), so I'm waiting for my replacement copy right now).

FFXII is an overly political boring game, the combat system is inferior to the Turn Based systems of X-2 and below (even XIII's battle system was better for me). Vahn and Penelope just drift into the background halfway through the game and you almost forget they exist in the story and are just battle characters.

I don't hate 12, it's still a good game, but when it comes to ranking the FF games, it's second to the bottom for me, I still want an HD remaster for that too, but VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XIII, XIII-2, XIII-3 > XII > I (I have not played 2, 3, 4 or 5 and I never beat FFI because there pretty much was no story at all, which is why it ranks dead last for me).

I can respect your opinion if you just flat out like XII better, but for saying X is a waste of time to have an HD remaster is just stupid. X is immensely popular and if it does well it probably will mean they will think about remastering XII.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

You can't simply make an HD version of IX and below. They would have to completely remake the game which would be a full fledged project. I too would also like the older games in full 3-D with voice acting and everything, but know how much money, time and effort that would consist of I don't expect it.

And I don't think you count as the whole fan base. Your pretty outnumbered here on this forum as most of us like X and are excited for the X HD Remaster. I don't get what Squares obsession was with XIII and it's sequels, but they weren't bad at least. I hate how FFXIII and DAII somehow are the worst games ever created this generation by people here, it's like you people never actually played a truly bad game and confuse personal dislike and bad games. You personally dislike X, it is not a bad game however.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ballroompirate

@ryangcnx-2 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

You can't simply make an HD version of IX and below. They would have to completely remake the game which would be a full fledged project. I too would also like the older games in full 3-D with voice acting and everything, but know how much money, time and effort that would consist of I don't expect it.

And I don't think you count as the whole fan base. Your pretty outnumbered here on this forum as most of us like X and are excited for the X HD Remaster. I don't get what Squares obsession was with XIII and it's sequels, but they weren't bad at least. I hate how FFXIII and DAII somehow are the worst games ever created this generation by people here, it's like you people never actually played a truly bad game and confuse personal dislike and bad games. You personally dislike X, it is not a bad game however.

Lol there is no minority that hates FFX, it's one of the most hated FF games along side Mystic Quests, FF10-2 and the FF13 trilogy. Also FFX barely makes peoples top five FF games when they do a top 5 poll. Then there's the people that would've actually preferred a FF12 HD than a FF10 HD or even a remake of a different FF game here and on other forums

So again how am I the minority?, so much delusion from FF10 fanboys it's kinda sad to watch. Also I gave reasons why FFX is a bad game so maybe you should go back and read what I wrote, instead of "hur dur there was nothing wrong with FFX dur".

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

lol ya k

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ballroompirate

@DJ-Lafleur:

They haven't released the non JP launch sale numbers yet, but the JP Vita and PS3 sales number was slightly over 339k sold in JP, which is actually pretty damn pathetic for "being one of the best FF games".

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

FFVII HD remake is an ace they are smart to keep up their sleeve. Plus they'd have to remodel the entire crappy looking character models and I'm sure that takes a long time. Square put alot into this HD package. Makes you realize a VII remake would include way more than just the original game in HD.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ballroompirate

@Bread_or_Decide said:

FFVII HD remake is an ace they are smart to keep up their sleeve. Plus they'd have to remodel the entire crappy looking character models and I'm sure that takes a long time. Square put alot into this HD package. Makes you realize a VII remake would include way more than just the original game in HD.

Actually the only issue would be data/file size, we would seriously need 2-4 discs for a FF7 remake, which I'm perfectly fine with but apparently Sony has a no "disc swap" policy...if that's the case then if I was SE I'd just make it for M$ and PC and tell Sony they just lost out on some money.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

i never played FFX when it originally released, picked up the Remaster last week and its a really good game so far

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By GreySeal9

@Ballroompirate said:

@ryangcnx-2 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Lol there is no minority that hates FFX, it's one of the most hated FF games along side Mystic Quests, FF10-2 and the FF13 trilogy. Also FFX barely makes peoples top five FF games when they do a top 5 poll. Then there's the people that would've actually preferred a FF12 HD than a FF10 HD or even a remake of a different FF game here and on other forums

So again how am I the minority?, so much delusion from FF10 fanboys it's kinda sad to watch. Also I gave reasons why FFX is a bad game so maybe you should go back and read what I wrote, instead of "hur dur there was nothing wrong with FFX dur".

I think you're just projecting your own dislike of FFX onto everyone else. I mean, yeah, it has its detractors, but it's pretty clear you think your opinion is more widespread than it really is.

And when FF games are ranked, it frequently makes the top 5.

Ranked 4th best on IGN

Ranked 3rd on GamesRadar

Ranked 4th on RPG Fan

Ranked 2nd on Game Informer

3rd most popular on Escapist Forums

2nd most popular on Final Fantasy forums

Ranked 1rst on Gameguru

2nd most popular in a Gamefaqs poll

4th most popular in a Destructoid poll

I'm sure I could find more if I wanted to.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ballroompirate

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@ryangcnx-2 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

I think you're just projecting your own dislike of FFX onto everyone else. I mean, yeah, it has its detractors, but it's pretty clear you think your opinion is more widespread than it really is.

And when FF games are ranked, it frequently makes the top 5.

Ranked 4th best on IGN

Ranked 3rd on GamesRadar

Ranked 4th on RPG Fan

Ranked 2nd on Game Informer

3rd most popular on Escapist Forums

2nd most popular on Final Fantasy forums

Ranked 1rst on Gameguru

2nd most popular in a Gamefaqs poll

4th most popular in a Destructoid poll

I'm sure I could find more if I wanted to.

Lol Grey you're such a tool, lets go down the list

Article 1- was from 2009

Article 2- yea not gonna care about a site that Puts FF14 ARR as number 8 and FF Tactics A2 as number 2

Article 3- nice no name site

Article 4- lol Joe, one of the worst reviewers for GI, also lol FF8 before FF9 wut?

Article 5- and? still doesn't show it's the best and it barely beat FF7

Article 6- lol so now we're letting non official fanboy forums have a say now?

Article 7- what? you love randomly adding no name sites

Article 8- you do realize thats a FF15 board right?

Article 9- it may have the number 4 spot but not by much, also it only has 10% votes which is pretty sad

Most of the articles FFX gets beat by FF6 and 7 while it barely beats FF9 and even FF12