Final Fantasy 7 Remake or Cyberpunk 2077 - what do you want to play more as of right now?

• 89 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
Posted by SolidGame_basic (24471 posts) 3 months, 7 days ago

Poll: Final Fantasy 7 Remake or Cyberpunk 2077 - what do you want to play more as of right now? (105 votes)

Final Fantasy 7 Remake 37%
Cyberpunk 2077 63%

For me, it's Final Fantasy 7 Remake. I'm interested in Cyberpunk 2077, but a lot of the marketing for it has been based on cut scenes. Square Enix gave us loads of exciting gameplay footage from FF7R. They really sold me on the game. Whereas I know CD Project Red will do great with story and presentation, but I'm not sure how they will do with gameplay. I wasn't a huge fan of the gameplay from Witcher 3. It just wasn't that exciting for me.

What about you, SW? Which game do you want to play more as of right now?

#51 Posted by lebanese_boy (15145 posts) -

Cyberpunk. FF7R is not even part of the conversation to me right now.

#52 Edited by Ballroompirate (26014 posts) -

Both look great and are day 1 buys but I have to go with 2077.

#53 Posted by Jendeh (134 posts) -

Cyberpunk 2077 by a mile

FFVII has a wonderful place in my memory, but I haven't enjoyed a FF game in years. I don't see how this one is going to change that. Especially since it's a game I've already played. I already know the heartbreaking moment. Been there, done that.

#54 Posted by ProtossRushX (5701 posts) -

FF7 Remake if i could only play one

Gonna get both at launch tho

#55 Posted by dagubot (1385 posts) -

Cyberpunk 2077. Final Fantasy VII Remake looks awesome and I'm down to play it but I want the complete game; not just to play a long demo of just Midgar and then wait until whenever the second part decides to come out. Logical choice for me is to wait until the complete edition hits and pick it up on PC because it's Square Enix and it's so obvious Final Fantasy VII Remake will branch onto other platforms.

#56 Posted by Dr_Vancouver (1046 posts) -

Didn't vote, buying them both.

#57 Posted by phbz (4681 posts) -

I really didn't like FFXV, so I'm cautious about the remake. Cyberpunk I'm sold.

#58 Posted by BoxRekt (2033 posts) -
@phbz said:

I really didn't like FFXV, so I'm cautious about the remake. Cyberpunk I'm sold.

That's fair, FFXV was ass IMO as well. Hoping FF7R feels more like FFXII.

#59 Posted by kweeni (11396 posts) -

I'm planning to get both but if I had to choose I'd probably go with Cyberpunk.

#60 Edited by Horgen (121181 posts) -

@dagubot said:

Cyberpunk 2077. Final Fantasy VII Remake looks awesome and I'm down to play it but I want the complete game; not just to play a long demo of just Midgar and then wait until whenever the second part decides to come out. Logical choice for me is to wait until the complete edition hits and pick it up on PC because it's Square Enix and it's so obvious Final Fantasy VII Remake will branch onto other platforms.

Wait. It's a remake and also splitting the game into "episodes"?

#61 Edited by DaVillain- (38153 posts) -

Cyberpunk 2077 the most! Screw FF7 remake.

#62 Posted by Archangel3371 (28554 posts) -

I’d say that I’m probably most excited to play Final Fantasy VII the most but I’m also very hyped for Cyberpunk 2077.

#63 Edited by BoxRekt (2033 posts) -
@horgen said:
@dagubot said:

Wait. It's a remake and also splitting the game into "episodes"?

It's not nearly as bad as people make it sound, it's actually bigger than most AAA games.

E3 2019 - Final Fantasy 7 Remake Will Span Two Discs, Square Enix Confirms

By Kevin Knezevic and jeremy winslow on June 14, 2019 at 2:38PM PDT

Square Enix's E3 2019 press conference started with an in-depth presentation of Final Fantasy VII Remake for PlayStation 4. The publisher gave an overview of the game's revamped combat system, which mixes real-time action with the familiar but altered Active Time Battle system. We also learned that the game will be *massive*, featuring two Blu-ray discs' worth of gameplay content--and that this initial release won't cover the entirety of Final Fantasy VII.

It seems the sheer amount of content is why it'll take up so much space. Square Enix had previously said the Final Fantasy VII remake would come in multiple parts or episodes. As producer Yoshinori Kitase explained during an E3 press preview, however, the first "game" is "set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience,"

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2019-final-fantasy-7-remake-will-span-two-discs/1100-6467649/

You're welcome :)

#64 Posted by Horgen (121181 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

It's not nearly as bad as people make it sound, it's actually bigger than most AAA games.

E3 2019 - Final Fantasy 7 Remake Will Span Two Discs, Square Enix Confirms

By Kevin Knezevic and jeremy winslow on June 14, 2019 at 2:38PM PDT

Square Enix's E3 2019 press conference started with an in-depth presentation of Final Fantasy VII Remake for PlayStation 4. The publisher gave an overview of the game's revamped combat system, which mixes real-time action with the familiar but altered Active Time Battle system. We also learned that the game will be *massive*, featuring two Blu-ray discs' worth of gameplay content--and that this initial release won't cover the entirety of Final Fantasy VII.

It seems the sheer amount of content is why it'll take up so much space. Square Enix had previously said the Final Fantasy VII remake would come in multiple parts or episodes. As producer Yoshinori Kitase explained during an E3 press preview, however, the first "game" is "set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience,"

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2019-final-fantasy-7-remake-will-span-two-discs/1100-6467649/

You're welcome :)

Not releasing it all at once is still shitty imo.

#65 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25509 posts) -

Easily Cyberpunk.

The clips shown for FF7 remake were actually a bit underwhelming.

#66 Posted by Sevenizz (4075 posts) -

Poll desperately needs a neither category - that’s where I fall into.

#67 Posted by WESTBLADE (539 posts) -

Honestly, I waited for a FF7's remake (one of my personal top 5 PS1 games) for so long, that i actually don't give a F*** anymore...
Cyberpunk 2077 on the other hand... Can't wait :}.

#68 Edited by watercrack445 (1844 posts) -

There is a new controversy around regarding with the cyberpunk game. CD projeck said you can only have one apartment. Last year they said you can have multiple apartments but this year only one now. I think they might have scrapped it.

There is a lot of talking about this controversy in the official CD projeck cyberpunk forum. There is also another controversy but that one goes into the spoiler territory. I think people might able to guess what the other controversy is about...

Yikes, not looking good for CD Projeck.

#69 Posted by Mozelleple112 (7014 posts) -

Well The Witcher 3 was extremely boring and only made it 8 hours in.

Final Fantasy X is one of my top 10 favourite games, I think I spent 300 hours playing it.

I'm too young (born in 1993) to have experienced FFVII, so can't wait for that.

Cyberpunk looks good though

#70 Posted by Zaryia (9686 posts) -
@watercrack445 said:

There is a new controversy around regarding with the cyberpunk game. CD projeck said you can only have one apartment. Last year they said you can have multiple apartments but this year only one now. I think they might have scrapped it.

There is a lot of talking about this controversy in the official CD projeck cyberpunk forum. There is also another controversy but that one goes into the spoiler territory. I think people might able to guess what the other controversy is about...

That's such a nothing burger lmao. They changed a minor gameplay detail, it happens to almost every game.

#71 Edited by Jag85 (13640 posts) -

@watercrack445 said:

Looks like both games are facing some controversy:

FF7R - Midgate

C2077 - Apartmegate

#72 Posted by xantufrog (11704 posts) -

I'm really not interested in FF7. Definitely Cyberpunk in that face off

#73 Posted by henrythefifth (2502 posts) -

When I heard Keanu 'cannot act' Reeves is in Cyberpunk, I decided to side with FF7.

#74 Posted by JVII (644 posts) -

The Final Fantasy VII remake has a director who is responsible for some of the worst games I have ever played, while Cyberpunk 2077 is the polar opposite.

#75 Posted by ratchet3 (7879 posts) -

I tried to get into turn based RPG but I feel like I'm missing in on the action.

#76 Posted by Litchie (24346 posts) -

Joke thread?

One is a new, interesting and big IP. The other is a reimagining of an old JRPG, sold to you in parts, with changes made that fans of the original doesn't want.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#77 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24471 posts) -
@Litchie said:

Joke thread?

One is a new, interesting and big IP. The other is a reimagining of an old JRPG, sold to you in parts, with changes made that fans of the original doesn't want.

What specifically have the fans said they don't want? The original game is 20 years old. There have been generations of gamers who never played the original.

#78 Posted by IgGy621985 (5534 posts) -

I'm not that much into JRPGs, so Cyberpunk for me

#79 Posted by Jag85 (13640 posts) -

@JVII said:

The Final Fantasy VII remake has a director who is responsible for some of the worst games I have ever played, while Cyberpunk 2077 is the polar opposite.

The Kingdom Hearts series are some of the worst games you ever played?

@ratchet3 said:

I tried to get into turn based RPG but I feel like I'm missing in on the action.

FFVII Remake is not turn-based, but is a real-time action RPG (with tactical elements).

#80 Posted by Litchie (24346 posts) -
@henrythefifth said:

When I heard Keanu 'cannot act' Reeves is in Cyberpunk, I decided to side with FF7.

Don't let that cringy announcement spoil the whole game for you. It was very lame, but the game is still interesting.

#81 Edited by Litchie (24346 posts) -
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Litchie said:

Joke thread?

What specifically have the fans said they don't want? The original game is 20 years old. There have been generations of gamers who never played the original.

That there's no longer turnbased battles is one thing.

Pretty sure fans just wanted a better looking FF7. Not a FF7: FFXV-version, sold to you in parts.

#82 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2522 posts) -

FFVII Remake. That nostalgia, though. I'm getting Cyberpund 2077 too but I'm much more excited for FFVII Remake. I'm also not a big fan of first person view either.

#83 Posted by ThatDBFan (428 posts) -

FF7 remake for that classic being brought back in a modern light. I still wanna play Cyberpunk tho.

#84 Posted by ratchet3 (7879 posts) -

@Jag85: You had me at real-time.

#85 Posted by R-Gamer (654 posts) -

I will buy both.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
#86 Edited by DarthaPerkinjan (1233 posts) -

VII Remake. The Midgar section was probably the best part of the original game

Cyberpunk looks like a GTA ripoff but I'll get both

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/521559329850130453/588888166665158676/blah6.gif

#87 Edited by BoxRekt (2033 posts) -
@ratchet3 said:

@Jag85: You had me at real-time.

I you want a short sweet look at FF7R's gameplay here's a nice little tease

Loading Video...

If you care about gameplay, FF7R definitely looks to be the way to go. It also has really impressive graphics to boot.

Cyberpunk 2077 also has some great...pre-rendered cutscenes. I mean, if that's all you needs to satisfy your gaming needs and gameplay is secondary then that may be what some others might choose first.

#88 Posted by Jag85 (13640 posts) -

@Litchie said:

That there's no longer turnbased battles is one thing.

Pretty sure fans just wanted a better looking FF7. Not a FF7: FFXV-version, sold to you in parts.

FF7 was not fully turn-based to begin with. It was ATB, a semi-turn-based combat system with real-time elements. FF7R evolves the original's ATB into a pausable real-time combat system with tactical and turn-based elements.

If anything, FF7R's combat system is closer to Secret of Mana, rather than FFXV. Secret of Mana itself was originally intended to be FFIV.

#89 Posted by BoxRekt (2033 posts) -

@Jag85: She's upset because FF7R has no release date for PC yet. She'll be okay when Square finally graces PC with a port release date and then she'll brighten up.